Target Employee Reviews

Found 17,993 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work for holiday seasons
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at Target. It got a little crazy for "Black Friday" and all the Christmas shoppers. I had worked there before and I went back just to help out for the holidays, so that should say something.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Low pay
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 30, 2016
working at target was very productive and positive
it wasn't very stressful
co-workers were easy to deal with
the hardest part was that management would cut our hours really bad
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Great company to work for.
Warehousing Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Midway, GANovember 30, 2016
Good company tio work for. Job is very rigorous. And demanding but I enjoy that. Very challenging company with awesome pay and benefits. I am saddened that I had to leave due to family reasons
fun workplace
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 30, 2016
Its an ok job for anyone starting out in life. Very fun team environment. Employee driven. They are also great about acknowledging team members. The only thing that i didnt like was that this company is very click oriented. Ur in it or your not. If your not, the chances of going anywhere or being appreciated is very unlikely.
Pros
great team
Cons
healthcare
productive
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 30, 2016
Target was an okay job for me at the time. It kept me on my feet. From straightening isles to checking out guests. A typical day at target would be busy. Co-workers worked hard together. The hardest part of being a cashier would be dealing with Attitudes and rude guests while still remaining positive and respectful to them.
Pros
discounts
Cons
mean guests
Fast moving retail store with lots of room to grow
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CANovember 29, 2016
Fun and great place to work easy to move up in this company . Management is really invovled with employees and is always there to answer all questions
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2016
Interesting and a very busy atmosphere to work in, especially during the Holidays. I enhanced my interaction skills with guests and management. Hardest part of my job were the various hours that I worked. My most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all walks of life. I had a very good management team, overall who saw to our needs,
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life and interacting with them.
Cons
I didn't care for the staggered hours, never had a set schedule.
productive workplace
Cashier, fitting room operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, GANovember 29, 2016
Target is not a very laid- back environment. I was not very fond of all of my co- workers. Target was where I first experienced working as a cashier. I learned A lot about being a cashier while I was at Target.
Pros
the pay
Cons
management
Fun but lousy pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2016
Fun place to work and managers were super nice. Benefits were surprisingly great but the pay is really awful for the amount of work. I was able to move around in many different positions while I was there.
Waste of your time.
Cashier / Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WANovember 29, 2016
Simply the worst company to work for.

Think of Target as a bank. They issue credit cards to customers, then expect every floor employee to sell them.
They hire for management positions from new college graduates with zero practical experience (they require management to have bachelors degrees).

Your pay will be based on impossible performance goals relating to the success of the entire store's CULTURE based on your contributions as an employee. (I was a Cart Attendant)
Was an overall good place tobwork
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILNovember 29, 2016
Was a good place to work stayed here for an good time period I enjoyed the team I worked with and it gave me a lot of experience that will last with me forever
Great Learning Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 29, 2016
Overall working at Target was a pleasure. I hope I get to work for more companies that are as culturally diverse, understanding, and positively structured as this store was.
Pros
Lunch & breaks, Team driven, diverse.
Cons
Closing shifts can lead to late hours on rough nights
Nice first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
It was a funny in nice work place . easy and loving caring people .if u need help. the supervisor would help me. I really like like it but i need to move on with my future.
Pros
U could earn extra cash
Cons
Breaks
I enjoyed working for Target
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for Target, they are a good company. The managers were good to their employees. Stores are kept clean and always were true to their hours and gave you what they said that they would. When ever they needed extra people they would always call me. I only wish the transfer could have been made. There weren't any openings available. I would still work for them if I could.
It was a job site where i worked in groups.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CANovember 29, 2016
I would work in groups with co-workers and reviewed merchandise to check if inventory was in proper shipment. It was really fast paced environment and also a clean well performed job site.
Fun and easy job
Cashier/Guest Service (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 29, 2016
I loved my time with Target as a cashier and guest service team member. The work was easy and the team culture was great. I couldn't stay because the pay was quite low. I knew parents who worked there trying to support their families--I know they struggled because supporting a family seems impossible with the pay being that low. The customers weren't even that bad. I learned to be more customer-oriented and happy/friendly towards customers. I would definitely work here again if the pay was decent, or if I were to get a position with higher pay.
Pros
Low responsibility, great team members, great team leads
Cons
Low pay
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 29, 2016
A typical day would include bagging guests items and handling the transactions as well keeping area clean and organized. Bright, positive attitude. The hardest part was when we would be super busy and your trying to keep things moving along and check guests out as fast and as efficiently as possible. The most enjoyable part was communicating with guests and sometimes making personal connections, along with the friendliness.
Good people and a great enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 29, 2016
I always was happy with the enviornment at target, eveyone was always happy and I never felt like I was working more than was necessary.
Pros
enviornment and the people were great
Cons
pay and advancement were not what i was looking for
Horrible Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 29, 2016
Management is horrible. The demands they place on cashiers for the little bit of money is horrible and sometimes impossible to complete.
slave treatment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2016
they work you hard and treat you like slaves and then fire you because they bring you in seasonal NOT full time. all of there shifts are long. the ware house period is really dirty. and there Hr department is RUDE.
Pros
Cons
everything