Target Employee Reviews

Found 24,385 reviews matching the search
stressful
Target Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 22, 2017
stressful and too much for one man to carry alone.
poor management and time frame is too much.
good direction but poor application.
no clear leaderaship
Great people, and fun working enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 22, 2017
I had a great time at Target, loved it their, the pay was not so good, which is why I left, after 6 months I kept asking to learn sells floor, kept getting told next week for too long, they thought I did so well on front end, they just kept me there.
Pros
Great enviroment, fun place to work
Cons
Low advancement in opportunities, terrible pay
Very Productive yet tiring
Services/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work is okay. Although I'm getting tired of the Target routine, it isn't a terrible job to have. Most employees are nice and most of the time the managers really take you into consideration.
Pros
10% Employee discount.
Cons
Employee discount only works when paying with cash or the Target Red Card.
productable workplace
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  8007 West Florissant AveSeptember 22, 2017
In a typical day you meet and deal with alot of people and situations, some of which can be very stressful. Overall great team member atmosphere. The hardest part was dealing with rude guest. The most enjoyable part was the different events and holidays celebrated with team members at target.
overall
Sales Associate/Team member management (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 22, 2017
a great place to work but it can also be draining,and overwhelming.
a typical day is no typical day things range from day to day.
The staffing is okay but can very well and also be better.
Good workplace for entry level employee.
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 22, 2017
My experience with target was great. There was a lot of teamwork and camaraderie that made for a good work environment. the customers are always happy to come to the store so it makes for great customer service experience.
Receiving Clerk
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 22, 2017
i have equipment operator order puller slotting and i am so excited to apply at the company .i have been a fan to the company for along time and would love to be a part of the team a again.
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VASeptember 22, 2017
Loved working there at Target.. The work life balance was the only real set back. There were sometimes unrealistic expectations, but the goals were understandable.
Productive/Enjoyable/Great Work inviornment
Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2017
The workplace culture was based in the heart of the city located around Fenway Park. It attracted customers from all over during sport seasons. With a store like Target why wouldn't you wanna visit &/or work their.
Pros
Great Schedule/Discounts/Paid Vactions & Sick Time
Cons
Minor Discrimination/Belittling
Flexible hours but poor management
Cahier, Guest Services, Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Very busy and fast paced, always work to be completed in a good way. Customers very easy going but you need to work at a faster pace than other retailers to provide better service. Management was poor and managers tend to be rude or intimidating at times. Hours are flexible but not in quantity.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
management was poor and pay is low
fast pace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 22, 2017
I stock shelves with product that comes off of the truck. They require us to get the whole truck stock on the shelves in 5 hours. no way can we do that since our trucks are 2500 pieces

I also have been there 7 years and only been recognized twice other than my annual review for a good work. poor on their part.
Perishables Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westland, MISeptember 22, 2017
I was in charge of P-Fresh ordering and unloading trucks, take inventory and re-fill bins on the floor.....the people I work with are great. Management could use a little work. But there is no room for advancement or Full time position.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no full time
A different company from before
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2017
Too much focus on corporate profits with little to no regard for it's employees at the store level. College grads hired as executives, most without a degree in Business. No advancement without a degree.
Pros
Discounts on Merchandise
Cons
Poor Management
Fast Paced
Member (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at Target is extremely fast paced as a team member of the Early Morning Flow. Although the overall atmosphere and morale is positive, the work itself can be inundating at times. However, Target is a good job.
Pros
15% store discount
Cons
Only a 15 minute break
work life balance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILSeptember 22, 2017
I worked for Target for nine years. I was able to start my day with no guidance. I started as a part time cashier and was able to advance at my pace . This allowed me to be with my family and utilize a work, life, balance way of life. Management changed often, every time you received a new manager, they wanted to change the way you ran an area. Most times they would see what you were doing in your role and help you be successful. once in a while you would receive an unruly manager.For the most part it was pleasant to work there.
Pros
work, life, balance
Cons
no o
It's alright.
Flow Member (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It's a good job, just not a job where you feel like you are making a difference. Lots of work, products, and duties, with many duties being shared. One day you can be doing stocking, other days you're stocking, cashier, bsckstocking, pulling, and other duties. Still getting paid the same amount.
Pros
Discount of 10% is nice.
Cons
Morning team works at 4am!
Target
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 21, 2017
Working at target has taught me a lot and has given me a lot of experience. For example target has taught me have patience and to multitask. Not only have I learned to have patience but I have worked many areas in the store. For Example I have worked fitting room, cashier and sales floor.
Pros
Cheerfully, Co-Workers nice
Cons
Stressful. Can be a little over whelming at times
Terrible Management / Unfair Company Practices and Policies
Human Resources Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 21, 2017
When I first arrived at Target I absolutely loved it there. Everyone seemed really nice/genuine and it was a fun place to work. I learned very quickly just how wrong I was. The particular store I was working at was extremely racist and inconsistent when it came to discipline. Only the black team members and leaders at that store were disciplined while everyone else got away with doing the same exact thing time and time again. My direct supervisor issued a corrective action against me for apparently(I did not say it) saying the word "f*ck", meanwhile team members, leaders and ETLs(Executive Team Leader) alike constantly cursed every other word, every single day, on the sales floor in front of guests, and in the team member service center as well. Management at this particular store is absolutely atrocious and exceedingly unfair. Target's company policies in general need to be updated or at least fine tuned. Per Target policy, an ETL can simply state that a team member or team leader said something, and based on the ETL statement alone, with absolutely no proof, the ETL can then issue a corrective action against that team member or leader. So, this means that if an executive simply does not like you, they can issue a corrective action against you based on Target policy. This is exactly what happened to me. Also, the integrity hotline is a joke. Target claims that it is a third party company but in reality this company is on Target's side. I called them to file harrassment against my direct supervisor and provided them with over ten examples of how I was or had been harrassed by  more... this person. After an entire month, they came to the conclusion that the supervisor "acted within Target policy" and there was nothing further for them to do. Overall, my work experience at Target was decent, but I would not recommend working for this company. Maybe if I had been at another location I would have had a different experience.  less
Pros
Fun team members
Cons
Racism, Terrible Management, No Overtime, Underpaid, Inconsistent Hours, Inconsistent Disciplinary Action
challenging but rewarding
Executive Team Lead - Human Resources (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 21, 2017
The harder you work the more you will get recognized. If you put in your time while you are there you wont have to work more then 50 hours a week. Retail is a quick changing environment that you have to change and adapt to very quickly.
Average Work Day
Target Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 21, 2017
Working for Target is rather fast-paced. Depending on which store you work at and the manager you get for your section, this job can be fairly relaxing. However, in certain situations you may be working in sections of the store your not familiar with, which can pose a problem for those who aren't able to handle a sudden change in pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.