Target
10,222 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Overall good
Cashier/Guest Service (Former Employee), coeur d'alene, IDNovember 18, 2014
Pros: discounts and fun games
Cons: shift leaders can be mean
Overall a great place to work. Management cares a little too much about numbers though.
fun work place in environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Delran, NJNovember 18, 2014
typical work day is opening preparing food for the day.Ive learn so much as far as from how took food,temperatures,etc.the management was horrible the could have improved in a whole lot of areas.the hardest part of the job was we could have use more coverage over lap.the most enjoyable part of the job was servicing customers in making sure they had – more... a good in enjoyable experience,with hot fresh food,in a quick in timing fashion. – less
look for a pinp pong table at Target
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
typical day at Target is clocking in finding the registar or dept you work in and helping all guests and putting upfreight
best part of day is anytime
Great Employer
Lead Business Partner, Distribution (Current Employee), MinneapolisNovember 18, 2014
I've loved my time with Target. Great career development. Great work/life balance. Strong retail brand. Minneapolis a location that takes some getting use to, especially the weather.
Target Cart attendant
Cashier, Car Attendant (Current Employee), Mansfield, TxNovember 18, 2014
Make sure the parking lot is clear of carts at the end of the night and through the day. Take trash out. Put up hand baskets.
Flexable hours
Cashier/Food Service (Former Employee), Kapolei, HINovember 18, 2014
Pros: can work extra hours if you want
Cons: seems they don't re hire
Job began as part time but can easily become more you just let them know you can work and they would give me all kinds of shifts. Can work in many different departments if willing.
I would work there again.
I loved working at Target but...
Customer Service (Former Employee), Longview, TXNovember 18, 2014
However they do not pay enought money and do not give workers 40 hrs a week. I had to keep swapping shifts to make a 40 hr work week. Which caused me to work all kinds of crazy hours.
Producthve and fun wark place.
Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax - virginiaNovember 18, 2014
We introduced the Target Sustainable Product Standard and launched the Simply Balanced product line to meet customers growing demand.
We (me my team workers) assessed the sustainability of thousands of vendor partner facilities, and significantly reduced water and electricity usage within our supply chain.
We achieved LEED certification, further signaling – more... our commitment to quality and socially responsible standards in a new market.
And we’re sharing our experience and learnings from the data breach to help the industry on the journey of continuous improvement. And because accountability is the key to progress, we regularly report on the goals we’re still working to achieve. By being open about where we stand, we hold ourselves accountable to what we’ve promised. – less
Clinic Asst
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 18, 2014
Pros: i like knowing i have helped someone feel better.
Cons: unable to live on hourly pay.
A typical day includes opening the clinic and getting it ready for the Nurse Practitioner. Fielding phone calls and conducting drug screens. Answering questions concerning Flu vaccines. Since I am HIPPA certified I also cover the CSR position at the clinic when needed.
Working in the fitting room
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), North Miami, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: pay & raises
Typically guests are only allowed to try on 6 pieces of clothes at a time,which is actually the rule. Guests come up with 12, 13, even more clothes to try on, if the store manger is there, she allows them to take all of the items they want to try on it, which increase the chances of theft. Management seems confused. No one knows anything. Team members – more... who has worked with the company know more than the managers. Co-workers are full of drama. It gave a high school feeling. The hardest part of the job was me not over working myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting guests leaving them happy. – less
Typical Retail Job
Reverse Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management, compensation, benefits, work environment
Target was a good job to have while in college as far as flexibility, but they do not compensate well. They did not provide any benefits and management was very poor.
Target : Better Than Walmart But Still Unfair
Cashier, Guest Services, Food Ave (Current Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunches are given
Cons: too many orders given and cannot appeal to everyone making at least one person mad
Management : Refuses to acknowledge classes for college and any outside changes to Availability. What you sign up for on availability you are stuck with forever. Managers will tell you to stop talking and get back to work but insist on standing around and not assisting, will not practice what is preached.

RED Card : Up-sales on the Red card Credit – more... card is harsh and they shove it down everyones necks even though we are not paid as commission for every card we get. Stupid third grade flattery with prizes of 5$ is given for cards or food on some occasions and still are unsatisfied when goals for the day are reached and sometimes over the top reached. They still want more. Just Like Michaels or Macys the use of upsale here one cards or emails is too much to handle. – less
motivation and hard time
cashier and stock (Former Employee), San Leandro, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: buy food or lbring of own my lunch
Cons: etc
I have learnedf chasiers and stocking.They did teach to me how use cahsiers and stocking. I work of part time. I had enjoy working of cashier and stocking that cool.
BEWARE
Starbucks, food service (Former Employee), streamwood, ilNovember 17, 2014
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: short breaks, if you get one at all, poor scheduling, complete lack of respect and common sense, poor discount (10% but can only be used with cash or a red card), terrible communication, horrific management, pretty unprofessional overall
I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here. They are very unprofessional. For example, When I showed up to interview, no one was even aware I had one. Then it took over an hour to find someone willing to do it. I should have walked out right then in there but I didn't, so that's my fault. I accepted the job and was told that they would send me – more... the date/time for orientation. I was sent 2 different times to show up. I decided to just go with the earlier time(good thing I did because that was the correct one). I was supposed to receive 40 hours of training (Starbucks rule) and I only received 16 before I was put on my own. After about a month I quickly realized that unless you are some sort of management (TL, ETL, STL, GSA/GSTL) they will treat you like dirt. On a daily basis, multiple managers will tell you to do a million different things and they will expect you to have them all done at the same time, while they go sit in the office and chat about their weekends. They could not care any less about you getting your break or not. When approached about any issue whatsoever they will push it off, guaranteed. They will pull you out of your department to help another and then later ask why your department looks so bad. They'll mess up your schedule on purpose, they won't help you get your shift covered, and they will give you a very hard time if you ever call off, no matter the reason. Do yourself a favor, do not apply. – less
No stability for hours Co- workers are great people.
pricing, planning and marketing (Current Employee), Triadelphia, WVNovember 17, 2014
Most of management are right out of college and very young, Good company but benefits and hours could be much better.
somewhat difficult
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ILNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at Target was fairly difficult at times. I say this because some guest weren't having the best day and would take it out on employees , no one deserves that.
Fun Fast and Friendly
Program Development Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2014
Target Corporate required an individual to adapt with change very quickly, it was one of the most wide diversity of cultured placed I had ever worked in. One by which I enjoyed very much.
It's a job not a career
Price Accuracy Team Member (Current Employee), Riverview, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: they expect a lot for nothing
The raises are unfair for the amount of worked they expect.
The team leads and upper management are not always fair.
They hire a lot during seasonal and then cut full time employee hours
Productive and fun workplace
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee), Galveston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: my ex co-workers
Cons: health ins.
Presentation team members did resets in the store.
When the season changed so did the store new items come in and old items go out.
It was a very enjoyable place to work for my first 6yrs but the last 3yrs management was changed out and became unenjoyable.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and team leaders they made going into work worth being there – more... when it got tough to go into work. – less
Night Shift Stocking
Back Room Stocker (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
i stocked the backroom with the overflow from the floor. My co-workers were kinda lazy but we got it done.I learned that some people get special treatment. Management was very helpful. Hardest part was not having enough equipment to do the job at hand. I enjoyed working with all the young employee's..

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more