Target Employee Reviews

Found 23,497 reviews matching the search
Very positive working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIAugust 14, 2017
Working at target is a great place to meet new people and also allows growth within the company. There are many positions inside of target that are available to crew. Target is also a place for you to gain social skills.
Pros
discounts
Softlines
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 14, 2017
I worked in the clothing area, it was easy work that needed to be completed quickly. Everyone was pretty laid back, at least that's how it felt. It's an ok place to work, especially for a first time job.
Decent place, love the people employed here
Softlines Team Member (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALAugust 14, 2017
Pretty decent place to work. Ever since we changed over to end to end is been a hassle and for the pay its not that great. Love the people though.....
Pros
relaxed environment, managers are pretty cool. very understanding of your circumstances
Cons
short lunches, pay for the amount of work you have to do.
The People and the Culture make Target the best job I ever had
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJAugust 14, 2017
Working the early morning FLOW shift at Target isn't for everyone. I have to be up early to be in work by four in the morning. There is sand in my eyes as I'm immediately put to work.
The first hour is the most hectic. Two people are loading box after box onto an assembly line while another group palletize them. It's not uncommon to get slammed with dozens of boxes at a time and end sweating as you try to keep up. Our goal is to be off the truck in an hour.
After that the unload, the pallets are brought to the floor and all the boxes must be opened and all the contents placed on shelves. Some team members are broken off to handle sections of the store such as Soft Lines and Market, but the majority of the store is restock by a group of Team Members waving through each section.
By eight in the morning we should be just about finished and we take our fifteen minute break. Returning from break, we wrap up whatever is left before heading home at nine. Depending on available hours and how much work there is to be done, there are sometimes opportunities to stay later.
The culture of the Target morning flow team is one of urgency. We do not want to miss our deadline. It is fast-paced with everyone working hard together to make sure we get everything done.
We work hard together and all got to know each other. We know what motivates each other and don't want to let out teammates down.
In my five years, I've seen a lot of people come and go. I find that the people who don't care about the job don't last long. If you care about the job and keep up the pace, you will
  more... make it here. And once in, it's like joining a fraternity. A group of people who have your back and are there for you when you need shifts covered, etc.
The leadership style is very relaxed. There's none of that "sir" malarkey, you just talk to your leader like they're a regular person. They'll answer any question and do what they can to help you because they genuinely want you to succeed.
The little perks such as free food every once in a while or being allowed to listen to headphones are nice, but the most rewarding part of the job is seeing what you can achieve with people you care about. I feel valued and respected when i work there and that's why i stuck around.
Pros
Listen to headphones, occasional free food, the people
Cons
Early Hours, Depending on your position it can be labor intensive
Good company
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
Target was a good company. I worked there a number of years in different locations. If you are flexible, you'll go farther in the company. They are always looking to outsource projects, so regular employees might not be around much.
I enjoyed my time with Target
Backroom and Softlines Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
I learned quite a bit while working for Target. I learned the in and outs of inventory, as well as how to lead a team and only improved upon skills such as time management, problem solving, and team/guest relations.
Pros
Fair wage and always engaging with fun events or personalized rewards
Cons
The occasional team member that just didn't want to be there and you had to pick up the slack.
Decent Job Force
Cashier/Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 14, 2017
This place is a very good job if your looking to have a stepping stone or a first job. It has good benefits after the 90 day probation period is up then it becomes an easier more relaxing work area.
Target
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 14, 2017
Learned how to handle stress and. Hardest part of the job is dealing with rudeness. Best part of the job is the volunteering aspect. We do a great deal for the community and each other,
Good job
Logistics Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2017
This is a great job for anyone balancing school and work. After a while you out grow the job. Met a lot of great people at this job and learned a lot of lesson too.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Can't do the same thing for a long time.
Target is a seasonal job, not a career
ELECTRONICS TEAM MEMBER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAAugust 14, 2017
Working for Target can be stressful, not because of customers but because of management. Management puts all the work on the employee if a team leader is gone even if they are not trained. Management expects that you learned everything that you needed to learn with only 1 day of training, i would say thats the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the coworkers. If you want to work for Target, be ready to do more work then what they pay you.
Pros
Coworkers, Discounts
Cons
Management, Pay

Want to know more about Target?

Ask a question
Terrible
Executive Team Leader - Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOAugust 14, 2017
Typical work night was around 14-16 hours. Learned that retail is NOT for me! The culture was terrible. hardest part of job was trying to fix a process with being able to make only limited changes.Best part was the pay and benefits.
Fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
The overall environment is determined by where you work, but is consistently full of nice people. The management is helpful, encourages hard work, and knows team members limits. The hardest parts of the job was usually when working alone and trying to keep track of everything while helping guests.
Pros
friendly staff, helpful team leaders
Cons
understaffed
Fast paced and Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 14, 2017
Working at Target was really great, the only thing is that the customers are literally always right and they do get what they want and deserve. I learned that the customer will always be right. The most enjoyable thing about working at target was the amazing coworkers i had by my side
Able to cross train fairly easy.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed the chance to work in other departments, customer base was very enjoyable, management was usually there to help with any problems you had.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 14, 2017
its ok. pay is minimum. the hours are good and they are pretty flexible when it comes to vaction so long as its not during peak times like christmas thanksgiveing or back to school
Good for High School/college students
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 14, 2017
If you're young and trying to make a few dollar a solid job. Good benefits however if you move up in ladder. Poor Hours so limited benefits. Also, you'll be expected to work roles that would normally pay higher for your current wage (if you choose to move up) until that job opens up.
Pros
flexible availability
Cons
poor hours, limited benefits
Good place if you dont mind fast paced
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 14, 2017
A good place if you dont mind very fast paced work. Management was always the type to lead by example which i hold in high regard. The different teams interacted respectively for the most part and the members on each team interacted very well between each other.
Pros
could listen to music when store was closed, easy job
Cons
It's still a starting job
Hard Work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAAugust 14, 2017
This place is all about production and pushing to meet the numbers. Yes they talk about safety and the right way to do things. Training is a joke and isn't taken seriously. Very easy to get hurt here moving 450+ boxes an hour. Team can work together at times and against each other at other times. Nothing is balanced between workers, sometimes you will be doing a lot of work non stop. Very very hot summers, very unsafe. This job will work you no problem at all.
Pros
catered meals at times, vacation and pay
Cons
short breaks, two breaks during 12hours, heavy work load everyday
Work Life Balance
SENIOR MANAGED CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
I loved working for Target for 24.5 years and was planning on retiring at Target. Work life balance was a big thing for me and Target allowed this. I had leaders that saw how valuable of a worker I was without having to pat myself on the back or yell to the world how good of a worker I was.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Having to locate someone to do your job while on vacation
Fun work place.
Target Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 14, 2017
sales associate. Helped get costumers in the right direction. I learned a lot just by working their helping the costumers decide on options to what they where buying and helping them direct them in the right path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.