Target Employee Reviews

Found 17,509 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2016
Retail is fast paced, lots of energy, and always growing and learning. Typical day was completing routines in timely manner and adjusting to hiccups that occurred all while following policies and procedures. Able to learn multiple work areas often which was helpful in learning and getting satisfactory hours.
Play a big part in volunteer activities with outside organizations which I really enjoyed being a part of.
Great for recognizing accomplishments with gifts but not too great with advancing employees up corporate ladder.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Advancement upward not too great
Good management and team members
Cashier/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Can be like high school sometimes with the younger team members though. Pay is okay. Yearly raise isnt alot but still cool they do it. No benefits unless you work full time which not alot of people do. Overall a great place to get customer service skills and meet nice people along the way. Best retail store to work for by far.
Pros
Flexible with hours and shifts
Cons
Not much advancement
Work
Flexible Fullfillment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, TXSeptember 2, 2016
If you are looking for a place to work it's alright. It's good for short term unless you get promoted quickly then it's great long term. The people you work with are probably the best part of working there. The ETL's vary from store to store on the basis of working with them. The hours are mediocre pending on what time of the year it is, also may vary from week to week. You may get 35 hrs one week but 20 hrs the next.
Pros
No Money Mondays, Healthcare
Cons
Hours
Typical busy retail
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 20, 2016
As a team member, you are constantly on your feet, restocking, straightening shelves and helping customers. During the holiday months you are expected to stay hours after shift to help clean up, but at least compensation is there. Co-workers are friendly but mostly busy days prevent most socializing. As a retail department store, dealing with angry, rude or uncooperative customers comes with the job.
Pros
none that come to mind
Cons
customers, no job security
Fun and work fast.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 17, 2016
With target depends what department but if you work seriously then job will be hard. You have to ask question if you don't know anything, I know training sometimes good or not but most of time they don't train well that's why never hesitate to ask the more you ask better you will learn. Target should be flexible or will work with your schedule I don't know about other stores were I work they really work with my needs.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Slow in promotion
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAAugust 19, 2016
• Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
• Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
• Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
Decent Starter Job, Out of Touch Higher-Ups
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 18, 2016
Worked there for two years and change in the Hardlines department. The Team Members and most Team Leads were all fairly solid folks. Most higher than that were extremely out of touch with what exactly our job entailed, and they would assign far too much work to far too few people. Pay is not great, and the raises you get are very small. The job isn't worth the hassle you get from Guests.
Pros
Always Hiring
Cons
Small pay, corporate setting, out of touch higher-ups
Fun atmosphere, but little advancement potential.
Associate Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2016
Worked for 4 years as a contractor. 3 years without a raise. No benefits, no pto, no 401k. Nothing. Im very concerned contractors can be kept on for so long legally without opportunity for full advancement.

Overall atmosphere is positive, but a lot of buck-passing and finger-pointing when things dont go as planned.

Downtown HQ is a pleasant, clean place to work with a wide variety of food in the cafe.
Decent company to work for
Overnight Backroom & Off-site Logistics Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 16, 2016
My overnight crew was no nonsense, just like I like it, you come to work TO WORK, not to socialize. We'd come in get out numbers for the night & get to it & push through till we were done & then clean up for the day crew. Biggest challenge was Black Friday week every year, had lots of overtime but it was worth it because our numbers were great & it felt good.
Pros
15% employee discount
Cons
Overnight shift isn't for everyone, a lot of turnover
Poor leadership
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCAugust 16, 2016
If you want to be overworked and treated poorly this is the place for you. I've worked there for over 7 years. 5 branch managers in 7 years. Had so many supervisors I couldn't name them all. You are just a number there and speaking of numbers that's all they care about. If you have no other place to get a job then work here until you find one. Trust me don't plan to stay here long. The morale in the building has been ruined and it's not getting better anytime soon. Good Luck your gonna need it.
Pros
4 day weeks, 10 hr shifts
Cons
Inexperienced leadership has ruined the entire building
7 years too long
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHAugust 15, 2016
I gave this company everything I had for 7 years. The management in the first 4 years appreciated my daily efforts. Then those Group leaders left and they were replaced with college grads with no transitional life experience. For example my last Group leader had a degree in political science. He was the worst boss I have had to this day. At target you will work very hard, get paid pretty good and depending on the group leader may or may not be treated fairly.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
2 breaks in 12 hrs.
Productive work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at work would normally start off me assigning each of my employees a task. Once they are assigned there task I go into the office and collect time work and acquire for absent employees. Than I head out on the filled going to different stations depending on where my employees where assigned.
The most challenging part about my job was dealing with equipment shutdown while the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with my employees making sure they were comfortable but responsible while doing there job. I learned that yesterday did not determine the next.
Pros
Great hours and pay rate
Cons
Health care
On task and fun work environment
Target Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 14, 2016
A great focused and on-task Management team made it so easy to learn and enjoy my work experience with Target. I learned the basics and more of Customer service, cashiering, and the general workings of Retail. Great friendly co-workers and our ping pall table had to be the best part. That and helping customers and seeing them satisfied. Hardest part was dealing with the overall amount of customers we would sometimes have, but we always managed to maintain our goals and work standard while handling our guests.
worst place to work ever
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  houston texasAugust 15, 2016
Management is very bad. screaming an yelling. belittleing people in front of guests an in front of employees. starts with store manager all the way down to team lead. If I were u I would RUN. don't work here
they tell you the things you do wrong an don't phrase you for the things you do right. people walking out the door left an right. cant keep anyone employed that's why they are always hiring. they give you hours like 20 a week but are still hiring other people. doesn't make sense. they are a company that only cares about how much money they make not the employees. I wont even shop there. im not spending my hard earned money on a company like that.
Pros
Cons
everything is bad
Love it!!!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MISeptember 26, 2016
I love working at Target. They strive for exceptional guest service as well as great discounts. The management is what keeps me there, they're understanding and willing to help you learn. The team members are like family, we work together to provide great service and to keep everything in stock for our guests.
Pros
Learn, meet new people, you get 10% team member discounts
Cons
Short breaks, HAVE to push RedCards, MUST maintain a Green Cashier speed
Great environment with fun people and great management
Sr. Human Resources Operations Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 10, 2016
Its nice to work at Target- a lot of great co workers and management. A lot of layers and hard to actually get anything done timely. My position was non-exempt, which is not as ideal as being exempt but there are a lot of non-exempt HQ employees.

Lots of people leaving or transferring a lot- a lot of turnover. People leaving before me who joined the team after me.
Pros
breaks, management, culture, work life balance, diversity
Cons
could have higher pay, lot of politics
Fast paced, team oriented atmosphere that demands initiative and innovation
Executive Team Lead - Sales Floor/Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2016
Target Executive Team Leads (ETLs) are responsible for leading teams of up to 60 team members to drive positive sales, resolve conflicts, and positively engage with guests. ETLs must be able to examine sales trends, identify business priorities, and lead a team to meet daily, weekly, and long-term goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes from driving a team to meet goals. What is most frustrating is the often inconsistent communication from company leaders and how it affects business on a daily basis.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Communication from leaders, decreasing resources
Stupid Red Cards
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAAugust 10, 2016
It's all about getting people to sign up for red cards and to heck with customer service. Push credit cards and hurry people through the lanes to keep your speed percentage up. No time to make customers feel valued. Management is weak and wishy washy and few people are friendly. After 6 months I still didn't know who the majority of people "on my team" were or even who my actual supervisor was. I needed a job, but I left feeling like I cheepened myself for a measly $10/hr.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unfriendly people, unreasonable expectations, little to no training
A great job environment
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2016
From the day I started I have felt welcomed and appreciated at Target. It never goes unnoticed when I or other team members put in extra effort to ensure everything gets done as quickly and accurately as possible. Although it is a rather physical job, between unloading the truck deliveries, pulling pallets out onto the floor, and carrying boxes into their appropriate aisles, the workload is divided up well so no one does all the heavy lifting. Some of my favorite things about this job is that I am always on the move, as opposed to standing in one place for several hours, and that throughout the shift there are several stages of tasks making it less monotonous.
Pros
Free food, great managers, opportunity to grow
Cons
Physical, fast paced
Fun helping customers
Sales Floor Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 30, 2016
everyday i would clock in Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection. I learned to have patients and to problem solve.the managers was understanding at times,the hardest part about target is solving conflicts with misunderstanding customers,and the most enjoyable part was getting problems solved with angry customers and seeing them smiles.