Target Employee Reviews

Found 17,509 reviews matching the search
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 23, 2016
The job itself isn't that bad. It's the management and the red cards that make it such a pain. If you don't get red cards for them, you're pretty much useless. And the people over you sure treat you like it. Any other time you're just a cog in the machine.
Pros
decent pay, good working conditions
Cons
you're basically useless to them
Good team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 23, 2016
Target is a great place to work. You are provided with the training to help guests and work with your coworkers and teammates to make the store a great place.
My experience working at Super Target
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 23, 2016
My experience working at Super Target was a fun experience. The management was good and I like all of my coworkers. A typical day at work for me, was to clock in, meet with the supervisor of the department that I worked for, which was solftlines (apparel) and hardlines(salesfloor), and I was to do pulls, restocking items from receiving to the salesfloor, pick up abandons at guest services, and zone the area I was working at. The enjoyable part of the job was to help out customers and working as a team with my coworkers. The only hardest part about the job was the excessive cutting of hours.
Pros
Good management and co-workers
Cons
Excessive cutting of hours.
Overall alright place for young folks
Target Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Don't expect growth within the company.
Don't expect 30 hours weekly.
Raise is once a year and only a few cents, even if your performance is far superior than other team members.
Pros
Security, benefits, and environment
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, belittling.
I had fun at my work center i just want a change with my environment I wanna do something with animals and that has really good hours.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Pros
Cons
Mangers that don't care
Fast pace and easy going
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Balcones Heights, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work fast paced get to meet a lot of new people and learn a lot but the pay and hours are really bad and customer harassment is very bad management of course will agree with the customer even though what you said is the correct policy and that's how you were trained.
Pros
Discounts and Off Holidays
Cons
Black Friday and Low Hours
Not employee friendly
Shipping and Receiving Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARSeptember 22, 2016
Worked there for 22 years and they closed saying they couldn't afford to keep the distribution center open, yet they turn around and build a brand new stadium for the Minnesota Twins. Offered me to transfer to another state with hired cost of living at same pay rate.
Pros
Work crew
administration was terrible
Flow Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 22, 2016
i learned not every company is about the welfare of its employees this company is great but the location i was occupying was terrible
Pros
the location because it was within walking distance
Cons
the hours...never having a set shift
Repair items through build
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2016
Every day I was doing something different learned about plumbing issues and how to make each department satisfied .setting up rooms for the talent watching and helping to get the preformes and watching the preformes getting set to preform
Pros
Working with different people & departments
Cons
Unloading large trucks
target
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 22, 2016
Target provides a wonderful working environment. A typical day at work would begin with a team huddle starting with recognition and discuss work duties for the day. Overall target had a regular routine set scheduled once in a while we had unexpected changes in work routine however; I had learned to adapt to changes and work with what I had.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making small children smile by offering a simple bull-side sticker. This small act of kindness would make their small faces happy. I enjoy seeing others facial expression of happiness and overall satisfaction with my service.
Pros
45min lunches and 10% discount in store
Cons
health benefits
Good Environment
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2016
Good Environment to perfom and independency.Challenging enviroment and provides platform to improve the work.Team meeting will privide a clear idea of issues in project and claims of the users.
Fun and interesting place to work
Team Member/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 22, 2016
It's a good job if you enjoy a fast pace, lots of change, interacting with different kinds of people, and working on holidays.
Pros
All the diffent thins you can learn about and try.
Cons
Long hours and working holidays.
Can be a fun workplace
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2016
It was a bittersweet experience for me. Mainly due to the fact that I was a cart attendant for 4/5 years I worked there. I recommend it to anyone who wants to move forward, it took me 4 years to be an official full-time electronics team member but it was worth it.
Good work environment with some waning qualities.
Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2016
Seems to be headed in the wrong direction with less focus on customers and more focus on shareholder profits. Employee hours are the collateral damage for this new direction.
Cashier
Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Pros

During my employment here I can safely say that I have gained a lot of experience in retail and customer service from target

Cons

The co-workers at target all seem to get along fine. Theres a good vibe between team members. The hardest part of the job is the managents expectations. The harder someone works the more they seem to excpect and yet the hard workers still get paid the same as day 1 people.
Busy but good work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 21, 2016
I worked here during the holiday season so it was very busy everyday. But that being said it was a good place to work. Both coworkers and management were very helpful.
Pros
Always something to do
Sucky
Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Abington, MASeptember 21, 2016
Don't work here upper management dies not like to promote older people. They want fresh off the street college kids to run their stores. They cut hours all the time and it makes it really hard to live off of. Upper management sucks. HR is a revolving door of gossip, nothing is kept secret. The discount isn't even worth it it's only 10%.
I loved working at target.
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 21, 2016
At target I felt more at home. I was able to get my job done at my own pace. Managers always worked with me on my schedule to where it fit me. Overall loved working there.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
No cons at all.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2016
Assist customers throughuot the store, daily clean up after the store is closed.The most enjoyable part of the job was the laided back atmosphere. I learned that customer service is very important to a businesses sucess.
Pros
Laided back atmosphere
Cons
No set hours or schedule
Nice environment
Target Team Member (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2016
It was okay I had a nice experience the manager was very nice and was willing to take out time with employers if needed. It was kinda a different because we had the mcdonalds play land so I was able to interact with different kids from all ages....
Pros
FREE LUNCHES