Target
11,348 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

Great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILFebruary 22, 2015
job and everything with Target as we all know is that its a good company. If your looking for a good job go and work for Target.
Shady...
just a number (Current Employee), AZFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: insurance for full time, decent pay
Cons: management, untrustworthy, no growth from within
If you're good at kissing up to people and have no self respect, this is the company for you. Most unhappy team members stay simply because they have mouths to feed and are stuck. They believed they could move up simply by hard work, but don't be fooled. The fact that you must have a degree, and that's the only way to be a manager, shows how short sighted this company is. Their loyalty may be to the guest, but it sure isn't towards it's employees. They don't invest in their workers, no incentives. Only incentive they tell us is, be happy you have a job... The warehouse is a joke. Someone who works there 10 years gets paid the same as someone that's been there 2! There's a reason Target wants people fresh out of college with no work history, so they can brainwash them. Group leaders that come to there senses and see the big picture, don't tend to last very long if they don't conform to the "greater good" of Target corporation... Open door policy is this, "If you don't like it, there's the door"
Nice co workers but mangagement is not consistant
Presentation team member (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: short meals, and long tasky days that are too much for an 8 hour work day
This is indeed a retail place of work. Ilike the location and my co workers. As far as the daily tasks that myself and the other co workers that I work with is too tasky and not do-able within the amount of time we are there working. I have to do my workcenter after I have done the truck process already for 2 hours and 15 minutes every day.
Great Culture
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: inclusive culture, flex work schedule
Cons: poor vacation policy, average benefits, expensive health insurance
Great company culture--everyone is polite and 'Minnesota Nice' but sometimes that can mean issues and problems are not confronted. Good work life balance--ideal for families
Lonely workplace
Target Protection Specialist (TPS) (Current Employee), Manalapan, NJFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: loneliness, low wages, no benefits
This position is about what NOT to do on the job, not what TO do. If you've ever considered being a security officer, you will need to readjust your thinking that a college degree and any experience matters, because to this company, it doesn't matter. You will stand by the door most of your shift, occasionally doing walks, reviewing cameras, and cleaning up a spill here and there. By being in uniform, you are essentially deterring theft. You get almost zero training, and most of it is to keep down company liability. You'll find yourself so bored that you will be tempted to put shopping carts away. The pay is extremely low at about nine dollars per hour, and the only benefit is a ten percent employee discount. Full-timers get a little bit more, but no one can really afford to buy the benefits for which you will need to pay. The management is decent, but they don't really care about you. You're not one of "their" employees although you work for the same company. My immediate boss is like a friend, and I admire him. It would be cool if I would be recognized. They don't appreciate him though, so I doubt I'm going places. The best part of the job is when you get to go on break, it is like a temporary reprieve from the loneliness. When you go home at night, you feel liberated that you're not there and drained that you actually succumbed to such a pointless position.
fun work place
Team Trainer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 21, 2015
great company. Different cultures and ethnicities. I learned to properly handle different situations such as helping difficult guest and co workers
The sale-floor team-members are great need to improve on managers- etl. respect their team members individualsb
Team Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2015
I worked at Target for 25yrs- 3month. I liked the company for years I had great co-workers , I consider them my family, I still do , I had a great time, until about 2010 ,
Hard work but good compensation.
Outbound Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Greenbriar, ALFebruary 21, 2015
It was very hard work at times and the hours were long but the money and benefits were great. I got fired over a dumb technicality but overall I enjoyed my time there.
Productive Company
Logistics Flow Team Leader (key carrier) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, culture, etc.
Cons: flexibility with my team & i's schedule
Target was a GREAT place to work! I recently left Target, where I was a key-carrying Logistics Team Leader, due to my hours being detrimental to my family. I had to be the first one at Target six of the seven days in a week, which required me to wake up at 2am everyday. Being that my fiancee's sleep schedule and work were on the demise because of my schedule, we both made the decision for me to leave. In my last month, I trained my replacement to ensure a smooth transition!
Fun people to work with, great experience for life
Cashier/Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee), Rogers, MNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 10% discount, friendly co-workers, flexible working hours, great for part time
Cons: upper management not always savvy with different departments, working holidays and every weekend
Although its a retail store, Target has been a great company to work for. There are always opportunities to move up at the store level, although can be hard to move into upper management or Corporate levels. I have learned a lot of great skills working in specific positions that will help me through my life as I look for better jobs. The hardest part of working at Target is that it is retail, so working Holidays. Target is constantly changing and sometimes the changes are not for the better, i.e. some policies put in place are not the best for the store. But, the good thing is Target will improve where they see the need.
HR assistant
HR Team Member/Administrative Assitant (Former Employee), la habra, caFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: constant change
Cons: slow days
Well structured company and treats team members fair. Salary was not good but overall an enjoyable place to work. Managers were always nice and professional. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Overworked
PRICING & PRESENTATION TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), IllinoisFebruary 20, 2015
Not much support from the upper management. Use to be a great place to work at, but now there is more work to do and no room for advancement unless I have a degree regardless of my experience.
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Working here was a great experience. I enjoyed building sets for product and the company was great to work for, the benefits and all the supervisors.
Instock, Logistics (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Learned alot about the logistics aspect of the company; friendly atmosphere and loved the fact that they had paid time off.
Fun Place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be just doing the same as always, get to my line and start checking costumers out in a fast and friendly mood.
I learned that you must be a fast worker, because when we were busy lines would get really long.
On the management, they were all nice and they would always understand you if you got stuck in something.
My co-workers were all nice and friendly, not just because of the work. I could tell.
The hardest part of the job was when we were super busy and did not have many register open, because people would get inpatient sometimes.
The mos enjoyable part of the job for me was having a break, I enjoyed helping people out but it was nice having some time to rest.
Team environment just not enough resources
Executive Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Very close knit team environment that works hard everyday. Resources (payroll & equipment) are cut every year that stress the team.
fast paced and fun place to work
presently retired (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: worked the overnight shift
Cons: no overtime
came in at pm shift uloade trailers, stocked shelves cleaned up and be gone before store opened. I learned to read shelf labels and to operate the crown fork lift. I found nothing really hard about the job. had mostly good co workers and enjoyed the commaraderie on the job. liked going to work because each day brought new challenges
daily day at target
Hardlines (Former Employee), Mundelein, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: paid breaks for long shifts
Cons: being on my feet for so long
A typical day at Target begins with going to the back room and grabbing a shopping cart of re-shop to put back onto the shelves. By midday, all the products are unloaded from the trucks and placed on carts to be pushed out and restocked in the store. Each sales floor team member must take a cart and complete their designated areas of restocking by a certain time. At night time, after all restock is completed, it is time to "zone" which means cleaning up the aisles to look nice and neat for the next day. It is tedious work but it needs to be done otherwise the store will look messy. I learned how important it is to meet the customers needs and doing whatever it takes to make them happy. I also learned how to use a PDT gun which many other companies use. The managers at Target are very friendly and willing to work with you through any difficulties you have in the workplace. They are determined to succeed and motivate all team members to do the same while working together as well as promote great customer service. My personal experience with co-workers was both good and bad. Some co-workers are willing to help you out so that all tasks are completed at the appropriate time while others aren't so determined to be successful. But, it is important to learn to work around any bumps in the road. The hardest part of the job was getting from one side of the store to the other. The reason I say this is because the Target I was employed at was a Super Target meaning it was very big. When customers pressed the customer service button, I had to run over to another section of the store to – more... clear the request in a certain amount of time without keeping the customer waiting too long. Depending on where I was in the store, it could take a while to get there and some managers did not like that. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and having conversations with them about the products they were purchasing. When a customers recognizes your efforts to meet their needs, that is always fulfilling. – less
10 Years Experience
Asset Protection Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Great salary and strong benefits packages do not outweigh the poor communication, and upper leadership involvement. Lack of direction in company strategy and chances for upward mobility.
Good Company
Target- Signing Manager (Former Employee), Cumming, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Good company to work for, but hard to move to management. The hours are management are flexible. The company is willing to work around your schedule while still benefiting you and the company.

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more