Target Employee Reviews in United States

Found 17,271 reviews matching the search
fast fun and friendly service
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 7, 2016
At work i would come in and access all my tasks for the day. I would go to my designated area and start my work. I would put out items on the sales floor, make sure I am talking to the guests about the new sales, always being fast,fun, and friendly. I would make sure that my area is neat and presentable to my guests and staff for my whole shift at work.
Pros
rewards, red cards, recognition, raises.
Cons
short breaks, only get health care if you are full time
Great culture and opportunities for advancement.
Executive Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2016
At Target you have the opportunity to become a great leader using your skills and abilities to lead talent and drive results. Hard work pays off and recognition is given to those who not only excel in there work center but help others excel in theirs as well. The culture is great and it is a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work/life balance
Productive and fun workplace, Good company to work for if your trying to move up in the company
Digital sales advisor (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 6, 2016
A typical day for me would be first thing in the morning to make sure all our equipment is up to date. I've learned how to become more assertive on the things i do or say. Management was good they really help me with all my needs like with my availability very understanding. Working with co-workers is great everyone gets along with help on other we need it. I would say one of the hardest things for me to learn was how to locate items on the equipment knowing which number belonged where, One of the other things i think i struggled more was to get out of my comfort area. One of the the most enjoyable part of my day is to vibe with our guest to make sure they left satisfied and happy also when they bring there little ones most our them are really happy they always great us with a smile and makes my day to see a smile on a childs face specially when we give them stickers how there faces brighten up with a smile.
Pros
Team Member Discount
Positive and uplifting work environment
Cashier/ softlines (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 2, 2015
Fun and enjoyable job culture, enjoyed management and felt as if everyone enjoyed me being a part of the Target team.The most enjoyable part of my job at target was being able to interact with and help guests and know that they are leaving with a smile and good impression. The only thing I felt was difficult was the ability to juggle my every day life and my work life due to the forever changing/rotating schedule, which I was not expecting whatsoever. All in all I enjoyed working at target and enjoyed the team I worked with.
Pros
positive work environment, helpful and understanding management, discount
Cons
short breaks, no set schedule, no free lunches or snacks, little to no benefits for part time employees
Productive and great work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHMarch 21, 2016
It is a great work environment but little to none chance of advancing from your current role. Management has a high rate of rotation so it is never really a stable environment for the average worker. Must stay productive while working.
Pros
great pay
Cons
high cost benefits (Health-care is 1/3rd of salary)
Its fun but...
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Its a great place to work, everyone's great, the environment and the management, the only thing is, its so hard to move up in the corporate ladder. Ive been there two years and no raises or promotions were ever presented to me no matter how much i asked.
Pros
Discout 10%, long lunch 45 mins, everyones nice
Cons
Hard to move up.
"Fast, fun, and friendly" meets high expectations in an ever-changing environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHOctober 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team, providing support, and learning from each other. It is often a fun and engaging atmosphere with a supportive management team. It is very much about the numbers but also about personal and team growth to accomplish objectives. Regardless of whether the situations and resources are ideal or challenging in nature, problem solving skills and critical thinking methodologies are useful disciplines when ensuring business needs are met with the most advantageous outcome.
Pros
Ability to develop/manage talent, engage/inspire others, and use problem-solving skills
Cons
Work/Life Balance and Compensation
Quick paced but very easy to get up in the job.
Overnight flow (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 27, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work, easy, quick paced, you could get promoted very quickly if you have a good attitude and work hard. I miss this job. Every night we would start off with a "huddle" each of our managers would come to the back room where all the overnight flow would be starting to unload the trucks and they would tell us about the night were about to have how many people working, how many trucks, what time they want to be out of here, and every night it would be told in English and then in Spanish. Each night while unloading trucks they would give us each a cold (sometimes icy) bottle of water or mini Gateraid. If we went fast enough and finished unloading the trucks before what the managers ask, we would be given a free snack bag of chips and a Gateraid. If the crew finished and got out of the store before they wanted, they would buy lunch from nearby restaurants for the entire crew. One time we were told we did so well we could buy one item under 3$ and we would get it for free. (even if it was a gallon of milk under 3$
The hardest part was it was a little tiring and Christmas was hectic due to trying to put everything we had in Christmas stock to the front of the store (now I know why target looks unorganized during the holidays).
benefits
Cons
A little tiring.
exciting but stressful workplace
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2015
my typical day is coffee at starbucks then backroom stock work.ranging from replenishing the sales floor customer service requests. reverse logistics, bales of cardboard,running powerjacks .learned and got certicates in operating equipment I never did. management wasn't that great when I was employed a lot of them were fired. my co workers were great and kind. hardest part of that job was leaving a person by they self with a shipment of tasks that's impossible for one man or woman to get done. the fun part was winning prizes game events and recognizing your work in team huddles
Pros
free, food, games and prizes
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for! Supportive of achievement goals!!
Logistics Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMarch 25, 2016
I worked for the overnight logistics team for Target. Our focus was still "guest" centered, although we had very little interaction with the guests due our the shift (10pm-7am). Our focus was still fast, friendly, and fun, just with more emphasis on the fast! This was great as we all worked very hard as a team unit to unload the trailer(s), stock the store, and clean up before 8am when our guests arrived. This was rewarding because we have an expectation, we work very hard physically, and mentally as a team to achieve our goals each and every night! Not only to ensure we do our part, but to help our store succeed in sales and ultimately contribute to Target's overall success.
Pros
Challenging, rewarding, fun, room for advancement, team-centered
Cons
Low pay rate, room for team lead improvement
productive work environment
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAMarch 10, 2016
hustle to unload the truck on time each morning, management was a bit off, co workers fun to work with, hardest part was making sure everything went out in time for store opening, enjoyable part was working with your friends
Pros
10% off and a 15/45 min break/lunch
Cons
no real discounts or benifits to part-time
Not a bad place to work.
Brand Merchandiser for Shoes (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 9, 2016
Target was definitely not a bad place to work, they had a team atmosphere, and management was fair. The only thing I didn't very much like about target is that its not a place to build a career unless you have the degrees to do so or intend on getting said degrees. But overall, it was a pleasant experience to work at target.
Pros
Good, Healthy Atmosphere.
Cons
Just not a place to build a career.
Fun and active place to work.
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 16, 2016
I was a sales associate on my way to a team lead position. I learned quite a lot about managing team members and sets on the salesfloor. Management was understanding for the most past. Coworkers were a hit and miss.
Pros
designated lunch breaks, benefits for full time
Could be better
Price Accuracy Team Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 2, 2015
There's always room for improvement, it would be great if they hired more managers and executive team leads that have more experience in the location they were going to manage instead of taking kids straight out of college with no leadership experience.

Too many leaders trying to assert their authority because they lack the skills to lead their teams which resulted in disgruntled team members who felt they were not being treated fairly, and justly so.

Too many hours cut in all departments, my Pricing department was especially neglected to the point where 40 hour workload days were only supplied with 14 man hours to complete the day's quota.

Unacceptable. And no one who cared but the team members.

Benefits were too expensive to pay for and entirely not worth the trouble, and the raises were unfair and almost nonexistant. No incentives, no recognition-- only when it was convenient for leadership.

Would not recommend for long term employment, would never work for Target again.
Pros
Fellow Coworkers, initially the schedule was consistent and reliable
Cons
poor leadership, poor benefits, not worth the pay
Very clean and organized
Sales floor Consultant / Backstocking / Logistics (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 6, 2015
Long shifts, never ending tasks, odd hours. I learned that working in an environment that is very organized makes it easier to help the customers find the product they are searching for. Management seemed to be very stressed and never seemed to have enough time to have one on one conversions with employees. Hardest part about the job was going in Meat Freezers with temperatures of -30 degrees F. with fans constantly blowing air! That was painful. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people and figuring out what the customer is looking for.
Pros
breaks, lots of hours, benefits, pay
Cons
management never seemed happy, training wasn't the greatest
Positive team culture, flexible work/life balance, benefits and compensation are standard
Senior Team Leader, Hardlines/Consumable (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 20, 2016
Different challenges every day, I learned problem solving and critical thinking skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with different kinds of people.
Pros
Company culture, team development, flexible hours
Cons
Management inconsistent, pay could be better
Fun place to work but no opportunities.
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 14, 2016
The most redeeming quality of Target are the friendships that are built over the years. Co-workers are fun to work with on a daily basis.

Company provides little to zero growth to its employees. The management is constantly changing for new hires instead of veteran employees.

Yearly reviews are based off the 3 or 4 months leading to the reviews instead of the entire year. And are focused more on the negatives rather any positives.
Pros
Fun staff.
Cons
No opportunities for advancement.
Steady job, task-oriented, fast pace
Guest Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 5, 2016
There's always something to be done, of course, but with the duties as a GSTL, you're always multitasking, serving the guests while trying to maintain store brand/cleanliness. You're always on your feet. Never stop moving or resolving issues. Constantly solving issues.

Co workers are amazing at the Target I work at, on a personal level. Some coworkers, you'll have to speak with about time management.

Management above me can be tough, but it's fine as long as you give your best and communicate what if you don't finish and seek to grow and receive feedback.

Overall, its a good place to work, but can really burn you out.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Stressful
Its retail
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2016
It was a great place to learn on the job. My co-workers were heaven sent. I still talk to some of them to this day. The hardest part on the job would have to be having the other managers hovering plus your actual manager. Felt a bit like the movie Office Space. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to handle your own work load in a way. You get a stack of plano to work on and you handle it yourself unless it is a massive set up. It gives you confidence. The only thing that annoyed our team as a whole the most was being pulled to help another team when we were behind and then getting told we're behind or need to work faster.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management not working together for a goal.
Love target overall!
Instocks Team Member (Current Employee) –  Virginia, MNMarch 26, 2016
Target is an amazing company to work for. The overall environment is fun and friendly. Like all company's, the typical day is helping out other areas before we focus on our own work. If one department is dragging behind, we all are. So, we help each other out by picking up the slack and making sure that we all can get our jobs done as quickly as possible. The management is much better here than many other places, with the few exceptions of those newbies that want to run the place without learning the ins and outs. Short cuts won't get this company anywhere, so take the time to listen to those of us that have worked here for years and learn how to work in all the departments before trying to do things your way.