Target Employee Reviews

Found 22,990 reviews matching the search
fun place to work
Store trainer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 24, 2017
it was a great place to work. I unfortunally had a lot of family things going on and I had to move back to Stafford. When having a child that was just too much of a commute .
Horrible Managers
Stocking/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJuly 24, 2017
I had a terrible experience working at Target. This summer I was getting sick quite alot and my transportation wasnt always reliable (Texas heat kept doing a number on the car). The managers weren't understanding and if you leave early from work because you're throwing up, it counts as an absence and goes against you. Only two managers are actually good there and the rest are horrible and vindictive. They would have me closing 4-5 departments a night while only making everyone else close 1-2. The only good part was that every once in a while they gave us ice cream or food for doing good that week.
Pros
ice cream and food every blue moon
Cons
bad managers, rude customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 24, 2017
I loved the secure/safe working environment. The workers and customers were always so nice and friendly and helpful. The facilities were clean and neat and very bright.
Pros
free food
It's a productive and fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
It's a good place to work at. The employees are always happy and smiling. They treat there employees and customers with respect and manners. It could be hard at times but we try our best to get through the day with a smile at the end of the day
Good busy work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 24, 2017
Laid back environment ,enough work to keep you busy,breaks are well more the. Enough to enjoy you meal and come back on time,good unity among the staff
It was a nice
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 24, 2017
It was a nice experience and the people where nice and it help me get some experience with a major corporation and some of the customers were nice for the most part when ever I stayed in the morning
Pros
Able to acomplish almost everthing
Cons
Lake of trining
Great company to work for
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2017
Wonderful corporate company to have worked for. Unfortunately, it is no longer owned by Target so you have to go through CVS for hire at Target pharmacies.
Pros
Great corporate company
Cons
No longer owned by Target
ok job
Backroom/Cashier/Sales Floor/Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 24, 2017
its a good first job for experience while going to school or seeking a better opportunity. some management there are a bit to unrealistic on how certain tasks should be done.
Pros
good experience
Cons
pretty boring job
very hot
packer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 24, 2017
The typical day for me was sending out product to different stores. I learned that working in a hot warehouse is not good for me . The hardest thing for me was keeping my quota up in the hot warehouse.
Pros
work 4 days off 3
Cons
quota
Fun well balanced place to work
Operator/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2017
Target is a fun and interesting place to work,the people i worked with was great and a lot of fun to be around. It was challenging at times but i feel that's to be expected on any job.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
short breaks
Target
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 24, 2017
Target is a great company. They have so many options when it comes to learning and developing. Target has great benefits anf very flexible hours great for people going to school
Great People, Long Days
Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 24, 2017
The people you work with are amazing. I have met so many different types of people and have loved every second with them. The team becomes your second family.

As a team member and leader you can only work 40 hours a week. As an Executive Team Leader you are paid for 50 hours a week but have to put in way more than that.
Fun work place with caring employers
Food Ave Team Member/Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 24, 2017
Management really cared about employees well being and really helped us when we needed it. Amazing fast paced place to work. If you love to make customers happy this is the place to work, or as target would call them '' guest'', target is all about customer service before anything else.
Over worked/ Underpaid
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2017
They put too much of a work load on you and the pay doesn't match. Growing in the company is also hard to do even though they tell you other wise. On the up side, during holidays and special events, they provide employees with food, snacks and plenty of decorations.
Nice Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 24, 2017
Target stores are the best maintained retail stores I can think of. They are always clean, have multiple people to help you wherever you need it and working there was always enjoyable. There were always different snack days in the break room and different events going on.You also rotated departments which was nice, you got a feel for different areas of the store.
Productive and fun place to work.
Target Team Member (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 24, 2017
Target is a great place to work. Everybody is very nice to you and they treat you with respect. You have plenty of options to expand your knowledge on the different departments.
Pros
We get snacks sometimes.
Cons
Rude guests sometimes.
Its a nice part-time job.
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJuly 24, 2017
Its hard to get hours. They'll promise 20 hours a week and only give you 5. The pay is pretty decent for what it is if you can get the hours, but I've been doing things above and beyond my job description and haven't been getting paid the wage for it. They should have the TLs do the scheduling and then have the ETLs and STL approve it.
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute break.
Cons
Horrible at scheduling hours.
great place
EXECUTIVE INTERN, RETAIL DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 24, 2017
Awesome culture focused on good results and people. They drove hard for improvemnet but cared about the voice of the employee. It was amazing to learn how Target accomplished both these aims and achieved a positive bottom line.
Pros
Management, Corporate
Cons
Face-paced but fun
Fun place to work depending on management.
Team Member Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 24, 2017
If the employee is willing to go with the flow and have a positive attitude then they can enjoy working there. It is the guests that make it an enjoyable place to work. The regulars get to know the staff and treat them with a smile and hello. The hardest part of the job is depending on the position you may be scheduled to leave at a certain hour but find yourself there hours longer, if you are flexible then it is okay.
Pros
employee discounts, seeing what is on clearance, etc.
Cons
revolving management changes and policies based on mgr.
Good first job
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 24, 2017
As a first job, Target is an excellent place to gain experience. I would recommend it to anyone just starting out to get the experience they need in the workplace.
Pros
Experience and discounts
Cons
Early hours and no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.