Target Employee Reviews in United States

Found 17,266 reviews matching the search
Great customer service skills
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at target during the holidays. Was very clean and treated your employers great. Very friendly environment. I enjoyed working with my employers.
Dynamic Company with great teams
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2016
Great company culture. I appreciated all the dedicated hard working individuals that make this company successful. Leadership can be hit or miss.
ok
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 16, 2016
hours vary constantly, No reliable health benefits unless you are upper management, can be a fun environment , good for high school student or college age.
Part time retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAAugust 16, 2016
was a friendly place to work, retail expects a lot of work from it's employees and most of the young workers lack the experience to deal with customers so it was a fun place to mentor these kids.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
retail hrs
If you like to be set up to fail then this is the job for you
Property Managment Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAAugust 16, 2016
I worked for this company a long time and thing have changed for the worst. Target lives up to it motto "expect more pay less". Not only do they expect you to do maintenance but also help the store team make sales. Their expectations are a set up for you to fail. You will find your self doing more housekeeping than anything else. Management is very demanding and most of the time you fing your self getting orders from people that are not even your direct manger. Very, very stressful during Holiday season. They want their buildings to be perfect for the holidays even though the buildings are old. One person to do all the work and 10 supervisors telling you to do 40 different things. Absolutely no overtime is allowed. You get coached if you you go over 5 min. When having district manager visits (which are almost every week) anything they find wrong is your fault, even when it's not your responsibility. You are the escape goat. Would not recommend this company. Not worth the stress.

The only good thing is the schedule
Pros
Peers, schedule
Cons
Management, expectations, job duties.
Poor leadership
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCAugust 16, 2016
If you want to be overworked and treated poorly this is the place for you. I've worked there for over 7 years. 5 branch managers in 7 years. Had so many supervisors I couldn't name them all. You are just a number there and speaking of numbers that's all they care about. If you have no other place to get a job then work here until you find one. Trust me don't plan to stay here long. The morale in the building has been ruined and it's not getting better anytime soon. Good Luck your gonna need it.
Pros
4 day weeks, 10 hr shifts
Cons
Inexperienced leadership has ruined the entire building
Fun Atmosphere Work Place with a Ping Pong Table
Meat Clerk, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 16, 2016
Funny enough we actually had a ping pong table. It's a very laid back work place everyone is friendly and positive. They really work well with any schedule you may have. Management is actively looking for people to move up.
Pros
Free lunch many times throughout each month, Treats left out for employees
Cons
Many people are only hired for Part Time Positions
steady job with some potential.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
it ok for a mundane job till the season hits.sales pick up around that time which makes the days go a bit faster, but if plans to try to move up or switch to new department is very slim.
Pros
discounts on some products
Community Service hours
Logistics Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed stocking shelves first time really knowing that food has to be (FIFO) and meeting new customers and also being able to due backup for cashier retail really thought me how to cross-train and be flexible.
Fast pace environment
GSA (Guest Service Attendant) (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 15, 2016
Love the people I work with and the overall experience. Very fast paced job while cashiering, and fun interacting with guests. When I was going to school and playing sports they were very flexible with my hours. However communication between management and team members can be pretty difficult.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Communication
Not a nice environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2016
Not really a nice place to work. Everyone slacks off and nothing gets done on time. The management have no respect for the team members.
Pros
The clothing
Cons
Very bad management
Productive and encouraging workplace
Hardlines Team Member (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 15, 2016
Working at Target can be an amazing experience; and on most days it is. It's the only retail job I looked forward to working. The location at which I worked had unfortunately (as is the case in most corporate retail locations) been underemployed and expect too much out of too little. The management system is a wonderful system (though only when followed correctly), and works well when fully staffed.

The environment in Target is one of positive enforcement, team work, and support. The benefits and incentives they offer are above and beyond other companies. You can tell they care about those with whom they work.

The down side is when there aren't enough people at a location, they still expect the work of twenty to be done by four. There is a breakdown in expectation vs reality that most managers/leaders don't seem to understand. Those that do understand are the reason why working there is still an amazing experience and why I have worked there as long as I have.

As with many retail jobs, team members come and go; and it's Target's amazing ability at keeping such a high level of positive attitudes that keep most people there. There may be high turnover; but Target still treats everyone as though they'll be working together forever.

Target operates under the belief that we must all work as a team and anyone who comes in to shop is truly a guest that should be treated with the utmost care. Target is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Reasonable employee benefits, well stocked and cared for break room, flexible scheduling, high communication, well equipped, understanding and pleasant staff
Cons
Corporation controlled, when low staff high demand, not all managers should be
very productibe and educational
Inbound warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 15, 2016
I extremely enjoy my experience working here wouldnt change it. I learned a lot while working here at Target.I would recomend this company to work for to anyone else.
worst place to work ever
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  houston texasAugust 15, 2016
Management is very bad. screaming an yelling. belittleing people in front of guests an in front of employees. starts with store manager all the way down to team lead. If I were u I would RUN. don't work here
they tell you the things you do wrong an don't phrase you for the things you do right. people walking out the door left an right. cant keep anyone employed that's why they are always hiring. they give you hours like 20 a week but are still hiring other people. doesn't make sense. they are a company that only cares about how much money they make not the employees. I wont even shop there. im not spending my hard earned money on a company like that.
Pros
Cons
everything is bad
fast, fun, and friendly
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 15, 2016
When Target owned the pharmacy it was great. We has a fast, fun, and friendly atmosphere. We were encouraged to get to know our guests. I looked forward to going to work. I had great management!
7 years too long
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHAugust 15, 2016
I gave this company everything I had for 7 years. The management in the first 4 years appreciated my daily efforts. Then those Group leaders left and they were replaced with college grads with no transitional life experience. For example my last Group leader had a degree in political science. He was the worst boss I have had to this day. At target you will work very hard, get paid pretty good and depending on the group leader may or may not be treated fairly.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
2 breaks in 12 hrs.
Friendly people
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2016
Everybody would get a long at work. The environment was always a positive one and everyone seemed to like what they were doing. Management did a good job interacting with every employee and had fun activities.
Pros
Activities
Its a good place to learn customer service skills
Human Resources Clerical Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 14, 2016
A typical day of working include reading email about how the store is doing. Then I print reports that tell me if a team members time work is not showing correctly. Then I do my daily task of entering and printing information for reports. The when I'm done doing my daily task I look at who has applied and try to match up potential new hires to what were looking for. I put a schedule once a week for the store. I also work on the sales floor as well. This job has taught me how to take on multiple task at one time. It has also helped me with my peoples skills. I help people on the sales floor on the phone and any questions team members have.
The most enjoyable part of working at target is helping everyone with their questions and taking pride in what I do daily.
Pros
learn skills
Cons
dont want to answer
On task and fun work environment
Target Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 14, 2016
A great focused and on-task Management team made it so easy to learn and enjoy my work experience with Target. I learned the basics and more of Customer service, cashiering, and the general workings of Retail. Great friendly co-workers and our ping pall table had to be the best part. That and helping customers and seeing them satisfied. Hardest part was dealing with the overall amount of customers we would sometimes have, but we always managed to maintain our goals and work standard while handling our guests.
Stayed busy
Flow Team (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 14, 2016
Always stayed busy unloading, stocking, zoning, helping customers. The management was good, and the people I worked with were always helpful.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Not enough hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.