Target
13,059 reviews

Target Employee Reviews

very repetitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shiloh, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: most locations have a food court for lunch
Cons: rarely get credit for the work you do
90% of the day is spent making sure product is front facing and everything is neat. Also when you are fixing everything on the shelves you are responsible for about 16 aisles and you are timed.
It was an ok place to work, I just did not like the hours.
Stocker (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 29, 2015
My typical day was putting stock away in various departments and keeping the shelves looking neat and clean. The management was great but the employees were hard to work with. The hardest part about the job were the hours and the most enjoyable was seeing the new products that go out on the shelf before everybody else.
Fun Place
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 29, 2015
Very fun environment and very guest service oriented. The culture can be a little bit tough for certain people but overall very enjoyable.
fast, fun, and friendly
logistic (Current Employee), State College, PA.June 29, 2015
Pros: cross training in other areas
Cons: lack of full time hours, insurance
unloading the truck,pushing the stock in a timely manner, teamlead helps with all aspects of the job,all teammembers work independently all over the store, it is retail and hours are few in parts of the year, most enjoyable is the people I work with
Great growth opportunities to move up within the company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: Rewarded for great service
Cons: Standing in one spot all day
Working at target is where i first learned how to work a cash register. i learned how to spot counterfeit money/checks and how to analyze customers.Typically i could tell if someone was coming to my register to try to do a scam and once detected i knew how to handle the situation. My co-workers in target where like family even the managers. We got along very well and even in the times of disagreement we handled the situation respectively. The managers pushed us to do better and strive to get red cards. We were rewarded by recognition, gift cards, and even free lunches.
exiting work place
Backroom Receiving team Captain (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 28, 2015
enjoyed the work I would unload the truck and work the freight it was a fast and steady paste and I enjoyed interacting with the customers
Great benefits
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee), Largo, MDJune 28, 2015
Pros: Satisfied customers
Cons: Dissatisfied customers
In retail, there are no two days that are the same. It is very challenging work and very interesting. I enjoy working with the team at Largo, the hardest part of my job is when I have to deny a customer something that they believe they are entitled to. The most enjoyable part is when someone compliments something that I have said or did.
Not the best, not the worst.
Cashier/Guest Service (Current Employee), Watsonville, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Somewhat regular hours.
Cons: Everything
A typical day at work will include high stress and sore feet. It's nearly impossible to move anywhere in this store (That includes promotions or transferring stores or just departments) unless you have a close friendly relationship with one or more superiors. Their is a lot of favoritism in this store which is insulting and the constant harassment for employees to get red cards is pathetic. No matter how good you are at your job, how many rave reviews you get from the customers, if you don't get people to apply for a store credit card, you're not worth much to Target.
Skills learned to be applied in a more professional environment
General Employee (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly and funny co-workers
Cons: Poor pay, poor hours, store politics
I've learned to deal with difficult customers and apply problem solving skills to provide a good in-store experience. The store is usually understaffed, so the workload and expectations are high and unrealistic at times. Payroll goes through extreme cuts, even though the store usually exceeds gross forecast. I do wish there was more effort from the company as far as improving employee morale, wages and store integrity. Co-workers are generally unhappy with their wages and monthly income, which reflects on the company's overall performance. The hardest part of the job is that there is no room for growth or stability as an entry level employee. The scheduling is irregular, so planning your schedule around what the company chooses to provide you with is difficult. The most enjoyable part about the job would probably be my peers. Things are kept upbeat and humorous between employees, despite the environment. There is a low sense of accomplishment with this company as a general employee. I would like to apply myself and my skills in a more professional environment that gives me opportunity for growth.
Fun place to work, managers could use some work
Guest Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Laidback environment
Cons: Pay/benefits
When I worked there a long time ago, it was a good place to work. They really worked with you on your hours if you needed to take a day off for any reason. Management was a little inexperienced and the direction of out daily activities felt like it was changing constantly. One day the focus was on this, the next day it was completely different. Also, during that team we lost our Store Manager and there was no replacement immediately, so every manager that was below the store manager tried to step up in there own way and lead, and the result was chaotic. I am sure by now though that those problems are resolved and that the store is functions great now. The pay is not that great for working with consumers all day, but its a nice foot in the door job that can help you gain experience.
interesting job
Sales floor (Former Employee), Warrington, PAJune 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch for holidays
Cons: short breaks
It was a interesting job you had very short breaks and worked very strange hours to were you could not schedule anything that you wanted to do.
Unorganized not well managed
Team Member (Former Employee), Westminster, COJune 28, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: management never satisfied, with performance
I didn't like working here because the management wouldn't help the employees that wanted to advance get the training they needed to do so.
Flow Team Member (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 28, 2015
Leads were great. Helped me understand my job better. Their knowledge was shared with all. The tasks were well within the scope of the job description. And I liked working there.
I work 4-6 days a week handling money
cash office specialist (Current Employee), Brandon, FloridaJune 28, 2015
Pros: friendly people to work with in the store, being able to work at my own pace in the particular job i have
Cons: frequent turn over of managers with new and different ideas than previous manager
A typical day begins with preparing the money for that days registers. processing previous days personal checks and coupons. Balancing the safe funds with the previous days funds. Counting the money that was collected from registers used the previous sales day. Preparing next days cash and deposit. Balancing the cash taken in
life at Target
Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 28, 2015
Pros: hard work lots of bending & lifting
Cons: lots of friendly people to work with
Sometimes I helped unload the trucks. Usually I was dividing up the merchandise into carts to be distributed to the different aisles to be put up in its proper location on the sales floor.I would put up freight & take trash & back stock to receiving to be processed. Sometimes do challenge.
Various preventative maintainence, cleaning, building, answer calls
Engineering and Facilities Trainer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
Pros: Everyday has a new look
Cons: Not everyone has the same priorities
This is a very fast paced environment where just about anything can happen on a daily basis. Different kinds of spills that need to cleaned up appropriately, teammembers needing ear plugs etc., operating equipment, helping mechanics service the conveyors and on, and on. We have job duties that need to be taken care of every week, but we also need to be flexible enough for those emergencies that happen from time to time. Plumbing problems, electrical, pneumatic, and computer.
run
Facilities/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 27, 2015
Pros: 40hrs a week
Cons: management
I was a sft now called pmt for almost 6 yrs. Target is not the company it used to be. If you need a job take it but keep looking. This Co is a sinking ship.target declared bankruptcy just to make payroll two years ago. Sold their red card 5 yrs ago. Just sold the pharmacy to cvs. Pmt currently gets 40 hrs a week. That is the only plus. I doubt that will continue next year. Derrick Jones, your district manager, look for no support, you will be the sacrificial lamb to save their own butt. You will find out that many many people have come and go. I kept hoping they would get it together but unfortunately they keep finding more ways to keep screwing up. I still know alot of people that still work there but they are miserable and looking elsewhere. Alot of very good people that have,been with the company for years have left.
Target
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 27, 2015
I loved working at target the people were great and so were the customers and co-workers.

The managers were great and treated the employees nice.
Fun workplace with a basketball goal at lunch
Loader/Unloader, Stocker, Forklift/Driver (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 27, 2015
Pros: Two breaks per shift
Cons: No free food
My typical day at target would be coming in knowing that my head boss would make us stretch for safety purposes 'which i really agree with, learned it makes things more easier on your body. The management staff was very helpful, easy to talk to, and always willing to help. My co-workers where really good team players we all set out to accomplish the same goals at the end of the shift. I enjoyed my job there really wasn't a part of the job that i didn't consider to be hard. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that me and team accomplished our goals at the end of the shift.
Overall a Great Place to Work
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 27, 2015
Target is a great Team and Guest-centered workplace, with fun, fast paced work. The management does their best to help where help is needed, often times taking on their own parts of the store to ensure cleanliness, and are very attuned with a good work/life balance.

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more

Target Salaries