Target
11,317 reviews

Target Employer Reviews

NOT SO GREAT AT TIMES
Guest Service Team Member and Trainer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I DID AT ONCE LOVE WORKING HERE, I LOVE PEOPLE AND BEING IN SALES . BUT I QUIT AFTER TWO YEARS THE RAISES SUCK, and THE HOURS WERE HORRIBLE AT TIMES. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE ON THE HIGHER END DUE TO MY RED CARD SALES
Not a great place to work long term
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: scheduled lunch breaks
Cons: lack of working equipment, lack of managerial control, terrible scheduling system, no respect for the workers
Overworked for minimal hours but you learn about hard work and the difference in duties when there is a lack of teamwork.
There are worse jobs to be had
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 17, 2015
Pretty much are treated as not very kindly. Hours are not guaranteed, the more you make an hour the more your hours are reduced.
retail store
Team Leader/Department Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: too much micromanagement
my work days would go fast cause i work always have work. i enjoyed helping customers getting dental plans. my co worker and would help one another out when needed
Retail Management
Executive Team Leader, Sales Floor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 16, 2015
The pay and benefits are fine. The expectations are unattainable. Not diverse and inclusive. Love working with my teams and managing talent. Not a fan of the store structures and requirements for promotion. Not happy about being a corporate puppet. Day to day tasks are fine. Team is excellent.
warehouse worker
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAFebruary 16, 2015
Target is a great company to work for, unique schedules which work well with college students. Always pushing you to strive for excellence.
fast paced environment
Operator (Former Employee), warner robins GAFebruary 16, 2015
I learned how to answer multiple phones calls at one time and help the quests the best way I could, how to handle angry guests about why we couldn't return an item or any other problems. I learned how to stock shelves with the right merchandise and labels. I loved my co-workers at target. the managers on the other hand showed favoritism towards certain people, I did not like that. There really wasn't a hard part of the job, im a fast worker and can handle a lot going on at once.
Productive and fun work place
Pricing Team Member (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 16, 2015
My typical day at work was changing prices in the store. I learned how to reduce or increase prices in the store. My co-workers were very helpful when I had a question. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the customers in the store.
Not enough working hours for the work load.
Property Management of Technicians (PMT) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: an excecutives will cook breakfast 3 times a week for employees.
Cons: short days, benefits.
A typical day at work starts at 5:30am working from the outside of the Property to the inside of the Property from the littlest detail to the biggest detail. I learned a lot with up-keeping of 2 properties at the same time pluss much more. When it came to Management I answer direct to all Executives and District Personel. I had a great time with most co-workers while at work and made the best of it. The hardest part of the job was just not having enough hours in a dayto get ahead of my shcedule CM and PM. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing Direct with Vendors, Excecutives, Employees and Customers and seing them walk away with a smile.
Overall a good first start
Cashier (Former Employee), Sewell, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Target was an okay way to start off learning and growing work skills. It was very dependent on sales and promoting which I learned from but ultimately didn't want to pursue.
Great learning experience
Sales Floor Team Trainer (Current Employee), Torrington, CTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great workplace environment
Cons: little opportunity for advancement
I have worked at Target now for almost 5 years. I have trained in almost every area of the store from guest service to salesfloor and most recently in logistics, I have learned it all. I have also gone through multiple trainings to become a supervisor and even have taken on interim leadership roles in various departments. Unfortunately, no supervisor positions have become available in my store. I feel that my time was well spent there and the time has come to move onto something new and challenging, hopefully a type of supervisor position where I could be a great asset to a company and put use to the many skills I've learned over the past 5 years at Target. Target was a great environment to work in, the management is very welcoming and receptive.
Very productive, and fun energetic work environment
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), American Fork, UTFebruary 16, 2015
I enjoyed working as a cashier, and working with a lot of people. There was always something to be doing. I just wish I was not a seasonal team member, so I could keep working there.
Target is located in Hixson, Tn.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hixson, TNFebruary 16, 2015
It was a big experience for me to work a well-known retail company. My biggest challenge for working for Target was I worked a lot of hours in over time.
fun work place
Seasonal, sales floor, cashier (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAFebruary 16, 2015
It was a good work place its great talking to all the guests even guests from out of the states, only difficult part was doing go backs and several guests come up to you and keep you occupied for a while.
stress
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee), Braintree, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free food occasionally
Cons: unwillingness to not improve upon conditions
Man its not the worst job in the world but definitely not the best its pretty lame its like people don't know how to have fun and get work done but the work itself was lame to don't get me wrong a very small percentage of people were actually cool and i mean small Like from the whole hand a pinky nail maybe even the edge of that location was horrid to super busy not enough workers worst part there's no freakin room for good ideas there basically like my way or the highway employees and managers couldn't give good ideas and brainstorm as a collective group on how to make the company better that's corny dawg the pay was weak mainly do to the fact your hours vary from season to season how do you expect people to survive like that honestly red and khaki is so tacky like i love red and i like khaki but without other colors its lame to me our employees didn't have a voice and if they did they got fired like for your opinion and the opinions really would be facts because the way they run the company is so bad its like if you could improve why wouldn't you i can't comprehend the stubbornness and stupidity seriously lol sorry i had to get it off my chest. AND ALSO THE EMPLOYEES WITH SOME OF THE HARDEST JOBS BEING A CART ATTENDANT GOING OUT IN RIDICULOUS WEATHER JUST ENSURE THE CUSTOMER'S HAD CARTS TO SHOP AND A CLEAN BATHROOM TO GO TO WHILE ALSO DOING CARRYOUTS LIFTING ITEMS SOMETIMES EXTREMELY HEAVY AND HAD NO HELP TO DO SO AND A MEANINGLESS THANK YOU THAT'S NOT EVEN HEART FELT IS RIDICULOUS LIKE SERIOUSLY I STOPPED DOING MY JOB SOMETIMES TO HELP THEM OUT BECAUSE THAT'S JUST GRIMEY!!! – more... All im saying is show some appreciation for the little guy man that's all and treat people the way you want to be treated and i was just salesfloor personally i cant believe the way some of the backroom bosses talked to there employees like yikes!! I understand if your joking but even that tho a lot of people accept a few already dont luke there job which is sad but true and needs to be changed immediately but to put vinegar and salt already on a open wound while twisting the knife till it reaches bone is just beyond foul unacceptable point blank period i'd never work there again. – less
great people
Logistics Tech- Dispatch (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: under appreciated
worked with some really great people. It was fast paced and that is what I enjoyed. Your days were always different and that is what keep my going. Learned how to stay calm under pressure during busy holiday seasons.
Cool job cool people and a great place to work
Cart Attendant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: outside all the time
Cons: extremely cold or hot days
I would gather carts and put em in the store for people to use. Year round so the winter is the hardest time of the year. I liked the fact I didn't have to deal with as many people as my co-workers who work on the register.
Typical retail job experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 15, 2015
As a company, target works very hard to give the guests excellent service and fair bargains. Whenever a guest needed something we were instructed to help them right away, whether we were engaged in a previous task or not. The management I worked under were upbeat and straightforward with criticism so I always knew where I stood with them.
Broken Promisses
Team Lead (Current Employee), Antioch, CAFebruary 15, 2015
They will not let you move around in the company where you want to, only where they need you. They are about advancement, but where it suits their needs. Typical retail environment they will have you work harder with less and expect high results.
We had a new STL come in and they are each different personalities. I would stay with the company if they were more dependable.
Fast, fun, friendly and diverse work culture
Executive Team Leader, Hard Lines (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAFebruary 15, 2015
As an Executive Team Leader at Target I learned how to effectively engage my team through proven techniques. Each day posed a different set of challenges. Known as a leader in the store, you learn that every action you take is related to servicing the guest proactively and with a smile.

Engagement activities designed to strengthen yourself and minimize your weakness are welcomed challenges. I learned that collaboration and demonstrating courage and accountability are great foundations for building a strong character.

About Target

Target Corporation operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well – Read more