Targetbase Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with great benefits.
PROJECT MANAGER/ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, HEALTHCARE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Great, fun work environment. Long hours, but overall a great place to work. People genuinely care for one another and jump in to help each other out on different projects. Game room, lots of fun team-building activities.
Pros
Great work environment, everyone respectful.
Cons
Good place to gain experience, but not the place to stay
Director (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 16, 2016
Many smart ppl have spent time at Targetbase. It's a great place to learn the business, but there is limited work/life balance, managers can be school-yard bullies, executives are short-sighted and close-minded, and the politics are unbearable.
Pros
Benefits (PTO and Health Insurance), Smart People
Cons
Lack of clear or stable vision for the company, Limited investment in the growth and well-being of employees
Striving to achieve dotcom model in Irving
Campaign Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 3, 2016
Great company I'd have loved to work at a few years ago. With more work than employees however, it is a difficult place to maintain a work life balance, unless that balance is going to happy hour after a 10-12 hour day.

Lack of infrastructure to facilitate effective flex work plans, working from home is cumbersome with a slow VPN, and is generally frowned upon unless it gets work out of you on what would otherwise be a work free sick day.
Pros
Genuine effort to keep employees happy
Nice people but stressful
Junior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 1, 2015
- heavy workload
- several clients
- around 200 employees
- casual dress
- nice co-workers
- deadline heavy
- you don't have to clock in
Lies, Politics, and Suicide
Technology (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 9, 2014
The company is moving in a "new direction", abandoning its current client base and everything related to Agency Life. Those responsible either don't get it or don't care. At best, this company has another six months of reasonable revenue (and number fudging) to carry down this path. They'll look to scapegoat anyone for its failure. They have not analyzed their new market space, but only consumer need. The current CTO has no idea what marketing is, and has decimated his ability to deliver anything to his clients. Apparently the CEO is OK with this situation. People come and go inside a month all the time. They've turned over almost half their workforce inside the last year, and management has a dismal 15% retention rate over the last five. I could not recommend this company to anyone inside the next six months. Things are going to explode, and its not going to be pretty. Check back in 2015 to see the new names on the wall (assuming the company is even around at that point), then consider them again.
Pros
Great benefits, decent salary.
Cons
The CTO, the New Direction, work/life expectations, no clear career path, politics, and so much more...
Change for the Better
VP, Infrastructure and Operations (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2014
Targetbase is a company to invest in. There are new initiatives underway that will spring forward Targetbase's placement in the world of Marketing. Technology is putting standards in place around environments, projects, change management, production support, deployments, consolidated solutions and ITIL best practices. Technology is preparing today for a better tomorrow.
Pros
Being a part of the change allows you to stay ahead of the curve, summer work days, bring your dog to work
Cons
WIth so much change taking place there are learning and skillset gaps that need to be filled
Good from the outside, but not so sunny from the inside
Junior Campaign Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2014
I've worked with my team for about 6 months. To this day, I still don't know who I actually report to since my senior management keeps changing. I followed up on a question with one of my Senior Techs and was rudely confronted. If I didn't receive a response earlier it's because they didn't have an answer yet. Asked if I saw a response to my questions, I answered 'No sir'. Then there's your answer and walked off. I found this to be very unprofessional and embarrassing, since this conversation happened in front of my colleagues.
Pros
Very knowledgeable people
Cons
Poor training, overworked / under paid (work Saturdays or Sundays), Micro-managing Seniors, lack of knowledgeable resources and not much of collaborative work environment.
A negatively memorable experience
ETL Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 12, 2013
To summarize, political, nichy, clichy, childish, unrealistic expectations, and the list goes on.
There are some good and decent folk that work there. But for the most part, it just was not for me.
Life goes on. Without saying too much :)
Pros
it's a job
Cons
politics
Informatica Architect
Informatica Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2013
• Worked on Database Enhancements project as a Database Architect
• Developed an automated procedure to validate data of huge volumes from incoming files
• Documented and analyzed the incoming data
• Participated in Architecture Review Board meetings to present the production team scenarios from the campaign execution perspective and load maintenance perspective
• Developed Logical and Physical data models as per the new requirements using star schema and type 2 slowly changing dimensions
• Worked closely with Business analytics department in optimizing the new data model for faster data extraction and sampling
• Created the required tables for staging, development and production
• Developed technical specifications required for the engineering team to develop the required code using Informatica and Oracle
• Prepared migration approach to migrate the data from old database to new database
There is a lot to learn here. Lots of smart people in the different competencies and lots of insane folks in creative. Perfect!
Group Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2012
Like many agencies, communication can break down and it's frustrating. You really have to chase some folks to get the info you need. Overall though, if you keep encouraging collaboration and open communication, you'll eventually break through!
Pros
great people with plenty of inspiration and innovative ideas.
Cons
occasional big-agency red tape, needs more focus on the importance of creative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Targetbase. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9