Tarpon Energy Services Employee Reviews

My Employment at Tarpon was a great opportunity
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJune 14, 2017
Employment at Tarpon Energy Services took me to many places I never thought I would see. I learned the most about my trade from the people I met there.
Awesome to start, downhill rapidly
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 29, 2017
A typical day started with being at the shop, figuring out where one is working, a what truck to put your tools in.
I learned know matter how much you try, cant make everyone happy
Management is pretty much non existent and pretty incompotent to be honest.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the lazy licensed electricians, regardless of your experience, license is everything, work ethic means nothing.
The most enjoyable is good pay, and great benefits
Pros
Good pay, Great benefits
Cons
Ummmmmmm
Tarpon Energy
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 3, 2017
Great place to work. The relationships that I had built were life long friendships. All of my co workers were great and treated me fair and kind. I wasn't just a number there. I was apart of a family and team.
Great Company
Top Drive Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Had a great time running the field working along side some talented technicians. The managers take good care of their people.
Was great as Brads and has went down hill
I&E Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 28, 2016
I was first introduced to Tarpon when Brads Electric was bought out. Was fine as tarpon at first and slowly went down hill. With the creation of PTW the moral and care for the employee is deplorable.
Enjoyed the work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 26, 2015
Good pay enjoyed the work , worked with some good people,
the thing that I seen was poor communications from management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 17, 2015
This is a good company that is going places. The people in the office are great. Couldn't ask for a better support team!! The company's focus is on safety and performing your job based on safe work practices.
Pros
They take good care of you
Cons
On call 24-7
good place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  dickinson ndOctober 9, 2015
Enjoyed working for Tarpon, was a laid back place. Plenty of overtime was available. Like any place there was several clicks, and if you aren't in one of them, you might not get on the good jobs. For most of my time their, there was plenty of work, and had no problems. Once it got slow then that changed.
great place to work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 15, 2015
this company has provided me the opportunity to get into the oil field. it also gives me a chance to learn and grow, with training opportunities. I have learned a lot about drilling. the co-workers have been helpful in showing me around the industry.
I guess the hardest part was learning what the different components were called. I have had many years of electrical troubleshooting and repair. the oil industry was new to me. however management and co-workers have been helpful.
most days consist of being called out on service calls to make repairs on site.
Pros
must be very independent, able to work long hours at times.
Cons
pay is based on services calls made, down turn of economy and lower oil prices have made it harder to maintain consistent hours
enjoyable place to work
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN #109703 (Former Employee) –  Ft Lupton,ColoJuly 29, 2015
an excellent company and people. I was treated well and respected. I would recommend any one to follow this company.good people.
Great open dooors staff and co-workers
Burner Technician/Instrument Fitter (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJuly 20, 2015
At Tarpon Energy you may find great company benefits and competitive pay rates. As a service company Tarpon Energy will go above and beyond clients expectations by providing top of the line craftsmanship and taking pride of their work.
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 12, 2015
I learned how to connect and install transformers and bend conduit. I had no experience in this field. Troubleshooting was time consuming and possibly the hardest part of the job. Something I enjoyed the most was having to do something different most of the time. Great company to work for.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
No work while rain or snow, salary/hours cut depending on oil prices
Just a paycheck
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 25, 2015
A typical day is hurry up and get all the work tickets in and price them in the system. Chase down the guys for stamp/coded work tickets to get them invoice. Also, you learn that you have to code everything for their difficult accounting program. Poor communications from corporate and its managers. Also the managers do not know how to use a proprietary software program designed by 2 Canadians. Certain departments are cliquish. The job isn't difficult if you can survive the training, which is not fun and is completely overwhelming and very difficult for about 3 months.. I found out that I was hired for a high turn over position on the second day of the job. The issue with this company is at the top. There isn't any policies or procedures in place to get tasks done correctly and to get the support you need to get your job done in a timely fashion. The only good thing about this company is anything related to family or doctor visits or being sick they do not give you a hassle about leaving work for those types of issues that come up. Another frustrating item is that if you are required to stay 100% busy all of the time even if areas of the job are slowed. So from day to day you do not know what you will be doing.
Pros
Lunches are free at times, and the pay is great.
Cons
Poor communication, training program is lacking, and poor management
Interview them too!
branch admin (Former Employee) –  dickinson ndJune 5, 2015
A typical day at work is extreemly mentaly exausting. I have learned a great deal about the oil field and am thankful for having the opertunity to learn so much. Although the management is a nightmare! There is very little communication or problem solving. Co-workers are great for the most part but very clickish. The hardest part of the job was listning to the day in and day out "I just don't knows" even when you have a solution for a problem no body listens to you, until you have told them 15 times and it becomes "their" idea! The most enjoyable part of the job was when some one from the Cooperate office came in to help "straighten things out". It wasn't help that was needed it was good leadership, which the company is lacking greatly in.
Pros
Cooperate HR department is awesome
Cons
Very poor leadership and management
good company
Apprentice Electrician,Service Technician (Current Employee) –  cheynne wy new raymer co kimball ne holyoke coMay 4, 2015
great company to work for good management and they really try to work with guys for the needs of their families great place to learn the trade
Pros
good hours perdiem
Cons
travel requiered
Good Company, just a few bad seeds.
Junior I/E Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 6, 2015
Tarpon was extremely busy for many months, but then a "merger" was announced with a conglomerate which nobody had heard anything about, and information was difficult to come by.
Employees were told that nothing would change, except for the place that the money came from, but this turned out not to be the case. in fact, the "merger" was a buyout which resulted in the complete crash of the Grand Junction, CO branch. It became apparent that certain individuals in management knew of the impending doom of the branch but were keeping it under wraps for reasons unknown.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
unreasonable management, secrecy, nonexisant client base
Corporate
Great Pay
Great Insurance
Poor Training
No systems
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
high turn over
great opportunity there
ELECTRICIAN, CREW LEADER, TROUBLESHOOTING (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 4, 2015
running electrical for major oil companies and leases. provided all tools and opportunity to work in high paces environment
Terribly unorganized
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 27, 2014
They did not train me well and then let me go because I wasn't learning fast enough. If you only show a person to do one thing at a time a day, it obviously will take more than a week to learn properly. I had to many errors yet 3 people reviewed my work before it went any further yet no one said anything. I would do what they told me to then it would make it past local management then com back after invoicing as wrong and my "trainer" would say you missed this step but it was something I hadn't even been shown to do yet then they decide to let me go the day after I was completing tasks correctly. Their turnover rate will continue to be high until they have someone who can actually train someone instead of handing them a stack of papers to figure out on their own. I was there 2 weeks, one week spent talking about where the company comes from and plans to go then a week of being told to process one thing at a time each day instead of showing me step by step what to do all at once.
Oil and Gas
Employee (Former Employee) –  Branch, COSeptember 28, 2014
No communications between departments, lack of procedures and information on how to do the day to day business. Unorganized!
Pros
People are trying to make it better
Cons
To much turnover