Tarpon Energy Employee Reviews

Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Good salary, good benefits
Cons: No work while rain or snow, salary/hours cut depending on oil prices
I learned how to connect and install transformers and bend conduit. I had no experience in this field. Troubleshooting was time consuming and possibly the hardest part of the job. Something I enjoyed the most was having to do something different most of the time. Great company to work for.
Just a paycheck
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Westminster, COJune 25, 2015
Pros: Lunches are free at times, and the pay is great.
Cons: Poor communication, training program is lacking, and poor management
A typical day is hurry up and get all the work tickets in and price them in the system. Chase down the guys for stamp/coded work tickets to get them invoice. Also, you learn that you have to code everything for their difficult accounting program. Poor communications from corporate and its managers. Also the managers do not know how to use a proprietary software program designed by 2 Canadians. Certain departments are cliquish. The job isn't difficult if you can survive the training, which is not fun and is completely overwhelming and very difficult for about 3 months.. I found out that I was – more... hired for a high turn over position on the second day of the job. The issue with this company is at the top. There isn't any policies or procedures in place to get tasks done correctly and to get the support you need to get your job done in a timely fashion. The only good thing about this company is anything related to family or doctor visits or being sick they do not give you a hassle about leaving work for those types of issues that come up. Another frustrating item is that if you are required to stay 100% busy all of the time even if areas of the job are slowed. So from day to day you do not know what you will be doing. – less
Interview them too!
branch admin (Former Employee), dickinson ndJune 5, 2015
Pros: Cooperate HR department is awesome
Cons: Very poor leadership and management
A typical day at work is extreemly mentaly exausting. I have learned a great deal about the oil field and am thankful for having the opertunity to learn so much. Although the management is a nightmare! There is very little communication or problem solving. Co-workers are great for the most part but very clickish. The hardest part of the job was listning to the day in and day out "I just don't knows" even when you have a solution for a problem no body listens to you, until you have told them 15 times and it becomes "their" idea! The most enjoyable part of the job was when some one from the Cooperate office came in to help "straighten things out". It wasn't help that was needed it was good leadership, which the company is lacking greatly in.
Corporate
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Westminster, COFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: high turn over
Great co-workers
Poor Training
No systems
Terribly unorganized
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 27, 2014
They did not train me well and then let me go because I wasn't learning fast enough. If you only show a person to do one thing at a time a day, it obviously will take more than a week to learn properly. I had to many errors yet 3 people reviewed my work before it went any further yet no one said anything. I would do what they told me to then it would make it past local management then com back after invoicing as wrong and my "trainer" would say you missed this step but it was something I hadn't even been shown to do yet then they decide to let me go the day after I was completing tasks correctly. Their turnover rate will continue to be high until they have someone who can actually train someone instead of handing them a stack of papers to figure out on their own. I was there 2 weeks, one week spent talking about where the company comes from and plans to go then a week of being told to process one thing at a time each day instead of showing me step by step what to do all at once.
Oil and Gas
Employee (Former Employee), Branch, COSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: people are trying to make it better
Cons: to much turnover
No communications between departments, lack of procedures and information on how to do the day to day business. Unorganized!