Tarrant County College District Employee Reviews in United States

Part time student
part time student (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2015
I was only going to school part time, taking a few classes each semester, while working a full time job. I worked a little more than 40 hours a week and enrolled in two night classes to continue my education.
A great place to work and I have been on the most beautiful campus with a lakeside view. Talk about inspiration!
Videographer/Editor/Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 13, 2015
I love having a positive effect on students at Tarrant County College. Through the years I have mentored a few students, even to the point of influencing the direction of their career paths. Working with a great team of professors and support staff has enriched my life in many ways.
Pros
Tuition waiver for employees
Cons
Lower entry level pay
College campus that experiences continual change
Executive Adviser; Adjunct Professor IT Department (Current Employee) –  South Campus in Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2013
Very nice co-workers in the IT department -- I enjoy being a part of this team. Also, I find teaching rewarding in many ways - especially, when I'm helping students learn IT skills and become better wage-earners. I've added to my own skill base in IT, Microsoft Office, IT Security, and IT gaming. Finally, I've enjoyed my role as an executive adviser over the years.

As an adjunct professor, I'm not guaranteed teaching assignments as the full-time professors are, so there are times that I'm on campus without pay. This is the hardest part of the job for me and the other adjuncts.
Pros
good department and rewarding work
Cons
lack of job security
Work that I would love to do.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 11, 2015
Depending on schedule it can be busy or slow. Working as a front desk receptionist I enjoyed work a lot. I could use my knowledge toward work in every aspect.
Very rewarding knowing that you have made a difference in a students life by helping them understand algebra.
Adjunct Instructor Continue Education (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Atypical day in the classroom is teaching students college algebra. I learned that all students have a gift some are just smaller than others. My co-worker and management is the best at extending help when needed to ensure all students have the resources to be successful. The hardest part of the job for me is the commute from my home. Approximately 45 minutes drive. The most enjoyable is when you see that light bulb go off in a students head when they have learned.
Pros
flexiable work hours
Cons
as an adjunct instructor, you can only work a set number of hours in a semester.
Love the students not paid enough
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2012
The campus and building is beautiful however parking is difficult at times. Especially when there are events on campus. You could be forced to park on the "overflow" and WALK almost a mile back to campus!! Tuesday's and Thursday's parking is a "bear" because the schedule is heavy. I drive around for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to leave because I'm NOT walking a mile to work...not when I DROVE!!! Lol!!! The food from the cafeteria smells delicious, although I haven't eaten there yet.
Pros
location, scenery, new facility, materials available, staff
Cons
pay, no benefits
Excellent place to work-family first.
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work if you have a family and are considering furthering your education and moving up within the company.
Great working with Students and stakeholders.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2014
Interesting place to work. Learned a lot from students and upper management.
Pros
lots of vacation days during christmas break and easter break and off peak season.
Part Time Position; Great Collegiate Environment
Instructor, Government (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Job is an evening position, part time. Department is supportive and inviting. Students are interested and participate in learning environment.
Great place to be!
Special Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2012
The department I am a member of provides an indefinite amount of management training with the expansion of vital programs for the community.
N-a
Adjunct Professor of Fine Arts (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXOctober 5, 2014
It was a very cognitive lEARNING EXPERIENCES AND STIMULATED POSTIVE MOTIVATIONS
Pros
n-a
Cons
n-a
Highly rewarding helping students with their education goals.
ADJUNIC STAFF INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasJune 24, 2014
The only problem, is being held down to 9 contact hours per semester.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
lack of working hours
Tccd
Marketing and Public Relations Dept (Former Employee) –  1500 houston st fort worth texasJanuary 10, 2013
I found the work atmosphere to be open to creativity and opportunity. I worked with PHDs on many different projects and helped established an image data base.
Pros
working as a photographer
Cons
budget based