Tarrant County College District

Tarrant County College District Employer Reviews

Great working with Students and stakeholders.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation days during christmas break and easter break and off peak season.
Interesting place to work. Learned a lot from students and upper management.
Highly rewarding helping students with their education goals.
ADJUNIC STAFF INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasJune 24, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: lack of working hours
The only problem, is being held down to 9 contact hours per semester.
Very rewarding knowing that you have made a difference in a students life by helping them understand algebra.
Adjunct Instructor Continue Education (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexiable work hours
Cons: as an adjunct instructor, you can only work a set number of hours in a semester.
Atypical day in the classroom is teaching students college algebra. I learned that all students have a gift some are just smaller than others. My co-worker and management is the best at extending help when needed to ensure all students have the resources to be successful. The hardest part of the job for me is the commute from my home. Approximately 45 minutes drive. The most enjoyable is when you see that light bulb go off in a students head when they have learned.
College campus that experiences continual change
Executive Adviser; Adjunct Professor IT Department (Current Employee), South Campus in Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good department and rewarding work
Cons: lack of job security
Very nice co-workers in the IT department -- I enjoy being a part of this team. Also, I find teaching rewarding in many ways - especially, when I'm helping students learn IT skills and become better wage-earners. I've added to my own skill base in IT, Microsoft Office, IT Security, and IT gaming. Finally, I've enjoyed my role as an executive adviser over the years.

As an adjunct professor, I'm not guaranteed teaching assignments as the full-time professors are, so there are times that I'm on campus without pay. This is the hardest part of the job for me and the other adjuncts.
TCCD
Marketing and Public Relations Dept (Former Employee), 1500 houston st fort worth texasJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: working as a photographer
Cons: budget based
I found the work atmosphere to be open to creativity and opportunity. I worked with PHDs on many different projects and helped established an image data base.
Love the students not paid enough
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2012
Pros: location, scenery, new facility, materials available, staff
Cons: pay, no benefits
The campus and building is beautiful however parking is difficult at times. Especially when there are events on campus. You could be forced to park on the "overflow" and WALK almost a mile back to campus!! Tuesday's and Thursday's parking is a "bear" because the schedule is heavy. I drive around for about 10 minutes waiting for someone to leave because I'm NOT walking a mile to work...not when I DROVE!!! Lol!!! The food from the cafeteria smells delicious, although I haven't eaten there yet.
Great place to be!
Special Projects Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2012
The department I am a member of provides an indefinite amount of management training with the expansion of vital programs for the community.