Tarrant County College Employee Reviews

Colaborative Environment
Adjunct Instructor - Office Careers (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 15, 2017
A great collaborative environment where staff and students work together to meet the educational needs of their individualized programs. Students at this NE campus are very respectful. Staff members are all willing to assist. Very open atmosphere. Management does not micro manage and always open to suggestions. Schedule allows flexibility when needed. The culture is very strong and employees have a strong work ethic. Lots of restaurants around for lunch.
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
No cons
Loved my job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 10, 2017
I worked here as a student when I was attending TCC. The student-worker program they offer is awesome! My supervisor was extremely flexible and encouraged a strong work-life balance.
It's a good place to work; department you are in matters
Adjunct Instructor, Speech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2017
As adjunct, there is no guarantee you will have classes to teach each semester and your classes may be dropped due to low enrollment or reassigned to a full-time teacher who needs another class, without notice. So, you may put in all the work to plan for your classes only to have them removed from you.

It's a good district to work for, but your experience can be jaded by which department you are in. Some are better managed than others.
busy
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2017
Most days were typically busy, and the others were long. Contacting prospects to inform them about the college. I was outbound calls only . Great place to work for if you enjoy contacting individuals over the phone.
Pros
easy job decent pay
Cons
sat at a desk all day
People Friendly Workplace
Student Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 3, 2017
Working at TCCD was fun and fast-paced. It meant more devotion to work but was completely worth the time and money! The typical day at work meant planning/setting up for events, data entry, and filing. I learned a great deal about diversity through the many events we held. The management is, no doubt, political, but, also, highly accommodating. The workplace culture is successful and inviting.
Pros
Great leaders, opportunities for other opportunities, opportunity for advancement with a degree...
Cons
Late evenings, office competition
Lost hours after Maternity Leave but still on payroll....
Senior Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 28, 2017
Alright so mostly this company hires On Call Part Time staff members only full time faculty seem to be supervisors and teachers. This wouldn't be a problem if the hours were more than 19.5 hours to avoid benefits. Typical work days and job tasks are usually fun if you enjoy helping people learn and advance through life like I do. There are some disagreeable people like most workplaces but its nothing that makes you hate the place. Also their maternity policy is absolutely horrible, don't get pregnant if your only part time because regardless of what they tell you, you wont have a job once you can go back to work.
Pros
luncheon and people
Cons
No benefits or hours
Tarrant County College
Supplemental Instructor in Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 23, 2017
Tarrant County College is, in my opinion, one of the best Community College in North Texas due to its relatively low tuition cost and the numerous job opportunities provided to students across its campuses.
Varies a lot from campus to campus.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
The hardest part of TCC is that the culture of the community varies a lot from campus to campus. I was okay with teaching at one of the campuses I worked at, but I loved teaching at the other one.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
adjuncts are not guaranteed employment
Terrible Culture
Instructional Associate (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 13, 2017
This is a dead end job.
Avoid it if you value your time.
No room for growth.
Your education and work experience is not valued.
Only instructors are important.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Everything else.
Nice
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 10, 2017
It was fun
I learned a lot from it. The hardest part was to be able to take good notes. I had to manage my school schedule with the schedule they gae me and that was hard as well
Incredible learning environment.
Instructional Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2017
I love this job! The students are great to work with and the administration is supportive. There is flexibility in hours, benefits are amazing, and the opportunity to study at work is greatly appreciated.
Associate
Instructional Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 4, 2017
-Accountable for budget, inventory, maintenance, code compliance, and experiments for five teaching laboratories.
-Coordinated with construction team ensuring that facility renovation did not interfere with classes.
-Composed and corrected procedure manuals.
-Maintained 32 computers to be practical, efficient, and working properly.
Very productive to gain work experience
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2017
A typical day at work was to get to the class on time where you are taking notes and make sure the student was in class. I learn that I really was making a difference in someones life. Management was great because they made sure that all note takers communicated with them. The culture was diverse and made it easy to except differences. The hardest part of the job was when it was over having to leave the student that you acquired a relationship with.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone.
Pros
Convenient hours because I was still in school myself.
Cons
Not enough pay.
CIE Adjunct English and History Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work. TCC offers its employee's great benefits. TCC is offer a friendly, kind, and safe work environment. Students gain knowledge and experience there.
Pros
flex work schedules
Cons
long summer hours
Great place
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
I love working here! Great environment. It's always great to help people start their careers and give them hope. Definitely recommend
Working in School is a great experience
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2017
I have been a work-study student for more than a year. I work as a proctor. My job is to give the students tests, collect the tests and proctor the students. Every day, I learn new experiences from a lot of people.
Productive and professional work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Very fast paced environment with skilled customer service representatives. Answering phones on a daily basis. Delivering customers with reliable information and meeting customer needs.
Great workplace environment
Math/Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Great group of tutors that really enjoy what they do. Everyone that works there really wants to help the students. The environment is very casual and the schedule is flexible.
Note taker
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Great experience. worked with challenge students. Learned a lot from them. exciting. No bonus but worth to work with students.
Joy Happiness Peace Environment. Great Staff.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoy working at Tarrant County College because everyone there works well together and they allow you to do the job that you were hired to do. The build classes around your schedule and allow you the opportunity to choose classes to teach that fit your schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarrant County College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4