Tarrant County College

Tarrant County College Employee Reviews

Productive educational envirnoment
Student Development Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2015
A typical work day starts with me coming in and setting up computer labs for testers, once the testing students arrive, I assist them with the sign in process, set computer for the test, monitor the testers on surveillance, once the test is completed, scores are printed out and recorded.
I have learned better customer service, compassion and empathy for all cultures, as well as knowledge of various tests.
Management is progressing to become much better.
I consider my co-workers as my friends, we are a family, we work well together, and respect one another.
The hardest part of my job is, when new semesters begin, it gets very busy. Dealing with students and families that do not want to go by the college rules and blame us for their mishaps, presents a frustrating, but solvable challenge for me.
I truly love my job, I feel happy and blessed everyday to get up and have the opportunity to go to a job that makes my day. Meeting new people, dealing with the complaints and struggles of new students, their families, and faculty and being able to help and respond to their needs in a positive, compassionate way, fulfills and completes me every day in every way possible.
Tutor/Mentor High school students.
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Field trips on the weekend when we saw progress during the week.
Cons: Longer studies before tests or TAKS.
When students were released from class, we would get a chance to talk to them about their day, and ask what they learn, or if they'd had any problems with school work, peers or teachers.
productive learning enviroment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2015
I would help students in the library by showing them how to find books for a particular area of study. The best part about the job is being around large amounts of books and information. It helped me gain a deeper appreciation for reading, especially history books. My co-workers were very friendly and reliable.
THe place was conducive to learning and physical exercise
Adjunct Professor of Philosophy (Former Employee), 2100 Southeast ParkwayApril 24, 2015
Pros: The school is in a good location and the faculty members are friendly and helpful
Cons: It is just a two-year College
It is a good institution for residents and even those who commute from other Texas cities. Young people who want quality education with low budget should take advantage of this College.
I enjoy working with young people in the developmental stage of life
Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Exploring different ideas
Cons: I would have liked to have more hours working
Being on campus is exciting and rewarding to me. This position allowed me the opportunity to develope my communication skills while guiding young curious minds.
Very Flexible
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2015
Never have I found a place that is as accommodating to my personal needs as TCC. Excellent co-workers that are encouraging, knowledgeable, and fun to work with. I just wish there was more opportunity to go from a student worker to full-time after graduation.
Great school to attend
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2015
I recommend this school. The teachers work with their students and help them to succeed. The school makes sure you are prepared for the NCLEX.
Great company to work for.
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2015
Evaluated Transcripts, answered incoming phone calls and trouble shoot student problems, Processed incoming applications and worked a little with International Students
Registrar
On-Call Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: a clean and pleasant environment
Cons: not enough time in the day assist individuals
A typical day at Registrar office is waiting on customers. Scanning documents, recording information, answering phone calls. Being available to assist in anyway possible.
What I have learned by working in the Registrar office, being a available as soon as a customer walk into the office, making a person feel comfortable and reassure them that no question is too silly.
Management is being an example for others, being punctual, honest and having integrity.
My co-workers have my respect and I expect them respects in the work environment. The hardest part of this job, is dealing with different personality.
The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing a customer being able to come and get an education not matter what age you maybe.
Productive School Enviroment : Positive Experience
Student (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2015
I attended Tarrant County Community College and it was a very positive experience. The instructors were very knowledgeable on the subjects that were being taught. Very positive experience.
best place for work
Math Emporium-Student Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2015
 Good understanding of aiding students for success
 Receptive and sensitive to student needs
 Act in a friendly and cooperative way with students
 Excellent understanding with computer technology
Work Study Program
Language Lab Clerk-Work Study Program (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: ability to keep track of my own studies
Cons: temporary
Although this was a work study program it was one of my favorite positions. I enjoyed helping other students. I was also able to refresh my own language skills.
College atmosphere with diverse population
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: close to home and part-time
For this part-time position I assisted current students, former students and future students with any questions they may have regarding financial aid and scholarships to attend college. I also performed verification of information on students selected by the Department of Education.
Great Experience
kid Zumba instructor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: family friendly staff
Cons: n/a
A typical day included setting up my room for the class. I learned that there is a system in place that makes college for kids run smoothly. My co-workers are like minded individuals whom main goal is to provide a great experience for the children throughout the summer session. The most difficulty part of the job was knowing that i will not be see the students that i enjoyed until next summer. The most enjoyable part of the job included the excitement some kids experienced in my class.
Workplace Advancement
Student Assistant, Math Lab (Current Employee), fort worth, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: periodic breaks; scheduled training
Cons: employers not experienced; i prefer well-established companies.
A good workplace must have policies and procedure in place to ensure that employees can move up in the company. The hardest part of life is realizing that success has come for you.
The most enjoyable part of work is hearing and seeing how others feel about your services.
I want to depend on my strengths, such as data entry speed, so that I can help people most effectively.
Office Associate
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee), TexasOctober 26, 2014
Wonderful to work with people from all walks of life. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Studying Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Full time student (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: meet great people
Cons: have to pass classes
I enjoy learning and I have met some great professors who really helped me learning various principles. I hope to do good and finish my degree in the next 2 years. I realized that I really enjoy learning.
Aviation Department
Student (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: price
Cons: location
This is a Great school for the price
The teachers are very experienced and knowledgeable.
Great school, any one who lives in the area should attend.
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2014
Tarrant College is a fantastic school. It is a very versatile in its students and faculty. I wold recommend the school to any one.
Innovative and Productive
Peer Leader (Former Employee), Arlington, TexasJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible with school schedule, participation in events, opportunity of overtime, and occasional free meals
Cons: reapplying every school semester, only a 30 minute difference between full time and part time
Job variety and fast pace; ranging from event set up and clean up to inventory and stock with opportunity to learn or improve in leadership skills as well as develop skills in your career interest. Leadership retreats. It's a family-like work environment but still professional with customer service as a primary objective. Great for college students because your work schedule is built around your class schedule. The hardest part is working events that are out doors in the summer.

1 2 3 4