Tarrant County College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent employer
Associate Professor/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2016
TCC allows faculty the freedom to teach in creative ways. Professional development is encouraged and working conditions are excellent.
Great foundation and culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 10, 2016
The Professors and Instructors are great mentors who have lots of career knowledge that they gladly share with students. Real world projects and curriculum provide students with the confidence, courage, and skills necessary to advance in life
Pros
Great mentors
Cons
Semesters fly by too quickly
I am my own boss
Dietetic Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 26, 2016
I keep and grow my own business * I am self employed and I make as much as I want no ceiling. If you like consulting you need to get your insurance license.
Pros
freedom
Cons
no base
Fun atmosphere
Psychology Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2016
I enjoy the professionalism here. The trained me well before my first course and felt like i was accepted and supported by tenure staff.
Field Trips
Adjunct Health Professor (Current Employee) –  Tarrant County, TXMay 7, 2016
Currently, I am an adjunct instructor in the Allied Health Program. TCC should offer more field trips to students within their perspective field.
Cons
Healthy work environment and fun atmosphere to work with students
Student Assistant - Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2016
In the beginning of every week, I made a study plan with the list of topics that I would go over on study sessions. In a study session, students were engaged in a fun, active learning settings in which students are encouraged to participate in the learning process by solving problems on the whiteboard or play games of answering different type of questions that might show up on the upcoming exam.

Co-workers and supervisor are supportive and ready to help me to become a better tutor and leader. Supervisor is always open to any suggestion and concern regarding the work schedule and environment.

The most fun experience of the job is the weekly meeting in which all tutors and supervisor gather for weekly evaluation while enjoying lunch together.
Pros
Good pay, moderate amount of workload
Positive and fun place to work
GED-Instructor/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2016
TCC has a great atmosphere, I have enjoyed working for the organization and with my collegues. Their is alot of flexibility, and traning provided. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to go full time since the GED program is sponsored by several grants.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No fill timepositions available
Learned alot
Welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2016
My time in tarrant County college has taught me a lot about welding.
They expanded my knowledge on welding.
The hardest part there was learing something new and not getting it down the few times i did it.
Happy and culturally stimulating college enviroment
Instructional Aide - Math Lab Northeast Campus (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2016
I like explaining and teaching students new mathematical and statistical concepts.
The college environment is great and people are very nice, friendly and helpful.
Pros
Flexible scheduale
Benefits
fun place great co-workers
Library Assistant- Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 22, 2016
working at the school library was a very rewarding job. we helped patrons check out books or class materials needed for there classes

Want to know more about Tarrant County College?

Ask a question
Internship
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102March 14, 2016
Sitting at a desk calling student and parents for information regarding Dual Credit. Also able to do class work while working in the office
Creative Culture
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2016
This organization fosters professional development and has a she focus of student success and continues to improve employee and student satisfaction.
Professional and interesting place to learn
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2016
I attended 3 years of school at TCC, from basic courses to being accepted to the Surgical Technology program.
Day began with lectures, quizzes, on hand training with surgical cases, practicals and exams.
Experience ability to handle high stress situations, to own up to short comings and mistakes. Learned the value of integrity and importance of being honest, steadfast and always being one step ahead of the doctor.
Pros
graduating, making forever friends with other students
Cons
short potty breaks
Customer service
Student assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 26, 2016
I have learned how to assist students to help them completed their courses about networking, programming and Microsoft office. I really love to work there.
I love this institution
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Tarrant County College is as dedicated to helping its students as it is its employees.My supervisor was extremely accommodating, the work environment was open and friendly, and the compensation was competitive.
Work-Study Job
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 3, 2016
It was a job that I needed to get through college. The college professors were great. The people that worked in the counseling office were not nice to the population it served.
Pros
Helping other students
Cons
Gossip and favoritism along with discrimination
Great Place to Learn and Work
Math Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 9, 2016
This school gives people an opportunity to prosper. When I go to class I am able to teach the information without issue. The hardest part of my job is the students do not always do their best.
productive
Student tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 15, 2015
the place is one of the busiest places to be in. it is fun because you meet new people every day and assist customers. the customer are so polite and even you coworkers make sure everything is always under control.
Liars and cheats
adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 8, 2015
I hired-on to teach a dual-credit course for high school students. The TCC recruiter promised to pay me $40 per contact hour. The class met from 9:17-10:06 am, five days per week. TCC paid me for less than an hour of work for three days per week and they paid me nothing for the additional two hours per week.This is considerably less than $40 per contact hour and it is likely a violation of labor law. I never agreed to work for free.
Pros
Nice kids, good students.
Cons
Tarrant County College.
Flexible Work Schedule
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 30, 2015
Allowed work schedule to meld around work at another job and classes in college. Was very lenient of changing the schedule from week to week with little notice.

4.3