TARRANT COUNTY Employee Reviews in United States

My County job lasted longer than my marriage.
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2015
After close to 15 years of service with Tarrant County, I have learned

the value of teamwork, leadership and cooperation with all types of

individuals. While at times the job was physically and mentally

demanding, it created unity and bonding that made each day a

pleasant work environment.
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
Operator Computer Info Technology (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is very routine. What I have learned is there is a lot of training available which helps employees to become computer literate.

The co-workers are like family because people tend to stay there so you get to know your co workers.

There are no hard parts of the job.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is helping the customers.

The job location is in Fort Worth, Texas
Pros
Cons
Being on call and working weekends
Interesting
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 20, 2015
This job had a lot of opportunity to learn, it had it's downfalls as all jobs do, but for the most part, this was not a bad place to work. The job was interesting, with all kinds of different people. You were always learning new laws and for the most part, you got to see justice for those who really deserved it.
Learning how to practice law
TRAVIS COUNTY ATTORNEY (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2015
It was a great job right out of law school. I had several mentors who helped me. I was responsible for filing cases then moved to trial work. The office only handled misdemeanors and I wants to advance in my career
Pros
mentors, learning how to practice law
Cons
lack of advancement
It was a good place to work.Good job security
PEACE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 11, 2015
I worked with some good people and some not so good. One .Of my partners was a small older woman, she was small, but you did not want to make her angry. We worked off duty security,and one day when I drove up on job site, she was in parking lot with two very large and tall guy fighting .I ask the men to take a break and let us punch the clock, so if we had to do this we would at least get paid for it.
They started laughing and quit.This was a person that always had your back,always.
Pros
when working in jails you were furnished meals, .
Cons
the meals were prepared by prisoners. (no thanks)
Look forward to going to work
Legal Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 21, 2014
I love my co-workers. Very friendly environment and great bosses.
n/a
Community Supervision Officer (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 10, 2014
Good company to work for. They continuous offer great trainings and the atmosphere is great.
Productive work place.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2014
My job with Tarrant County was very enjoyable. I liked helping tax payers with problems that they had with property and motor vehicles. I like learning the laws and how it all works to help the government to function. The leader of the tax office was a very good person who seem to care abount you as a person, he made our jobs fun and always very relaxed environment.
Pros
opportunity to learn as much as or as little as you wanted.
Cons
not being able to please all the customers.
Productive Company, a lot of chances for growth
Parole Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2014
This can be a hard but fun job. You get to meet so many people with so many personailties. Being a Parole Officer is not easy, but when you can actually change someone' life, it's worth it.
Think about it
Administrative Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2014
A typical day at work involved doing work that others did not want to do. I learned there are certain people that are considered special employees who can do as they wish. Managment can vary from departments. My co-workers failed to identify what a team consisted of to perform duties. The hardest part of the job is working with people who did not want to perform a job, but would hurt others to get where they wanted to be. Most enjoyable part of the job was the training opportunities.
Pros
paif training
Cons
politics
good friends
Criminal Court Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2013
My time as Court Coordinator with previous Judge was exceptional. I learned so much from her.
Pros
previously was a great work environment
Cons
waiting for attorneys for docket call that did not call to say they would be late.
Could be a great place to work if personal feelings and politics were not involved.
Administrative Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2013
It is a daily battle working with a group of women who have different ideas about what working together means. I have learned that I can be an asset to a company that is willing to consider my skills and education compared to the ideas of others who do not have the desire to want better for themselves. The hardest part of this job is coming to work every day and not being appreciated for the work that I do. The most enjoyable part is being able to work by myself.
Pros
healthcare, benefits
Cons
leadership and management
Very Stable job
Community Supervision Officer I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2013
-You will never have the same day twice, there is always something going on
-Make sure to always follow Polices and Procedures in workplace
-Management needs to communicate better with employees
-Coworkers were veryteam work oriented
-Hardest part of job is sending people to jail
-Most enjoyable part was helping probationers and seeing them better off then when they came in
Pros
flexablility
Cons
healthcare paid by state for you, but expensive for dependants
Great temporary job!
Court house Temporary employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2012
A typical day at work involved reviewing documents that needed to go into archives. I learned how to work thoroughly with a computer as well as working with difficult co-workers. The co-workers were difficult to get along with but the management was great. The hardest part of the job was not being able to be busy all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was be able to work a lot closer to family.
Pros
managment
Cons
co-workers and slow work pace
Legal is my world
District Clerk-Criminal (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2012
I loved working for the county as the legal field is my passion. My typical day would be coming into the office & maintaining filing & also finishing up inmate paperwork for them to continue on to their next destination. It was different every day as one day I'd be in the office & the next the court room aside the judge, swearing in inmates before going before the judge & completing their paperwork & issuing warrants for absent people who were to report to court. The hardest part of my job was to try to finish up the end of the day completed inmate paperwork & filing them away, especially if it was an all day stay in the court room & coming back close to 5, there were times where we did have to stay after if we had a trial & the judge wanted to finish up the trial that day. The latest one I was involved in was until midnight. I think even if it was sort of overwhelming at time I still loved my job to the fullest & that of course would be my joy.
Pros
great benefits, with great time accumulated for time off as far as vacation.
Cons
the stress of completion & deadlines when on a busy schedule, but would get done.
Professional and organized work environment
Front Desk Clerk / Temp (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2012
Working in the Tarrant County Child Support Office was not the easiest environment. People are understandably emotional about their children and money. I learned though, how to listen and make each parent feel valued by trying to help them promptly and accurately.
Pros
always an opportunity to learn new things.
Cons
sometimes communication was not clear.
Productive work environment.
Institutional Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2012
Educational work place secure facility good team atmosphere.
Pros
able to see work accomplished.
Cons
some programs are grant funded.
Fulfilling experience
Assistant District Attorney (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2012
Enjoyable place to work. Obtained valuable trial skills. Great benefit package. Competitive salary.
Pros
benefits - health insurance