Tarzana Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Politics take priority over patients
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAOctober 10, 2017
Power struggles between departments, a lot of politics, no room for career growth. Negative workplace culture. Was bot taught how to do a lot of stuff.
Stressful, lack of staff
SUD MAT Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CASeptember 28, 2017
Tarzana Treatment centers is a wonderful place to work only because of the population we serve. However, there is a big lack of communication and under staffing.
Stressful work environment
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CA 93534September 18, 2017
Coworkers and clients are an enjoyable part of this job. Upper management micromanages, gives poor employee support, shows no appreciation for staff, offers no job security.
Productive stressful envionment
Peer Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work would be dealing with clients and helping them obtain an understanding on their drug addiction or alcoholism.
Monitoring clients assuring they are compliant with rules and assuring all of their needs or met in accordance to the rules and regulations.
Pros
Working in the feild of addiction.
Cons
The hours
Ok
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 6, 2017
Tarzana treatment Centers is a good place to work however they only give 3% raises annually and insurance goes up that amount each year. No staff can afford to add defendants to their insurance.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor compensation and benefits
Learned Marketing
Marketing / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAMay 11, 2017
I was able to learn about Marketing, and how to do surveys and I was able to learn about how to read contracts and know what to look for in the contracts.
Great learning environment
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 17, 2017
The diverse populations this agency serves truly enhances an employees personal and professional development. They are a long standing agency and have several different work cultures within it. I think this is a great place to work but it may vary from program to program, supervisor to supervisor. They are ahead of times and make it a habit to stay at the forefront of new trends in the field.
Pros
training opportunities, various work shifts available, many paid vacation days
Cons
low pay, micromanaged time clock system
Great place to work. Fast pace and a lot of work.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Substance Abuse Treatment is a lot of work but it is also very rewarding. To be able to see someone at their worse and by the time they complete their program make a 100 degree turn around is very rewarding. Do it again in a heartbeat if it was part time.
worked with wonderful clients
Counselor III/Drug Court Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CANovember 23, 2016
I am grateful for the opportunity to learn more about myself and build my skills in this environment. I like my hours. Learned how to relate to a lot of different personalities. Like the networking in the community for referrals.
Pros
like working with the clients
Cons
very controlled
Wonderful work culture and employee support
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAOctober 17, 2016
Tarzana Treatment Centers values both their employees and their clients and it shows. This is a wonderful organization to work for and I would highly recommend it for those living in Southern California.

Want to know more about Tarzana Treatment Centers?

Ask a question
Training is on the job
Technician/Van driver 1 (Current Employee) –  18646 Oxnard st Tarzana CA 91356October 3, 2016
I like the fast pace , freedom and selfstart attitude of the comany.
Twelve hour days 3 days a week, 4 hours available if you can get it.
Take Census of the patients hourly , make roup sign in sheets for all classes during the day , oversee chores
by inpatient clients, transport patients to appointments, observe and report pattention behavior to supervisors by email . End of shift reports.
Night shift : audit files , Patient Census hourly
conduct 1/2 hourly safety checks on medical detox patients, supervise residential long term and short term units.
Pros
On line class
Cons
Many tasks
unproductive, stressful work enviornment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 29, 2016
A typical work day included conducting individual substance abuse counseling as well as group intervention sessions. There were weekly team meetings and training.
Management was unapproachable and distant. Made for an uncomfortable work environment.
Many of my co-workers conducted themselves in unprofessional manners which resulted in producing a stressful work environment.
Pros
There were set hours
Cons
lack of support from management
TTC promotes personal growth and professional excellence.
Community Counseling Center, Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I worked at TTC for five years and learned so much, both professionally and in my personal life.

Dedicated staff, supportive management, and rewarding work. I am thankful for the opportunities that were provided to me.
Pros
Every day you learn new things
Cons
The work load can be challenging at times.
Very supportive work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 22, 2015
Tarzana treatment Centers is a great place to work at. I've been able to grow personally and professionally because of the support and guidance I've received from my DIrector.
Pros
encouraging, supportive, and challenging.
Cons
loving it too much
A business without restraint. A business which treats the wrong people, money is the object. There has been financial scandle found, when they laid
Treament Counselor Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CASeptember 10, 2015
Tarzana treatment center is not legal, is not conducive to recovery, encourages a revolving door on detox, gives people psychiatric labels in order to recieve the insurance money. I was freed. This was the hardest partof the job working at a facility where my heart was not supporting it.
Pros
The experience of bad and good
Cons
Lack of moral support, always on the defense, funny things happening to staff and patients. Lack of control over patients
Great Program
MFT Trainee, Adult Program (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 28, 2014
This is a great facility with co-workers that are knowledgeable and inspiring.
Productive and fun environment to work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAJuly 29, 2014
I have learned so much in working at Tarzana. I have awesome relationships with my co-workers and other staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the patients and in help them with their life struggles. Tarzana has provided me experience and understanding in what it means to be a team player.
Excellent workplace, room for advancement
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAMarch 15, 2014
Many services provided
Caring staff
Supportive Management
Opportunity for growth
Excessive paperwork
Loving, caring environment
Pros
Job opportunities and advancement
Voluntary Work
Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 30, 2013
I had plenty of children to work with. I learned how to communicate with children and to have patience with them. Ms. Crystal Clapton was a great manager and was the one whom taught me the most. The hardest part was to learn to have patience with the children through all types of temper tantrums they threw. The most enjoyable part was to see the smiles on the children when their parents would come and pick them up.
Pros
Played a lot with kids, had many breaks, enjoyed many happy moments
Cons
Had to bear all types of situations
Decline to state
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 2, 2013
A typical workday consists of balancing extreme disregard of self by employer with my dedicated regard for my client.
Pros
close to home
Cons
employees are disrespectd by superiors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarzana Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Tarzana Treatment Centers Reviews by Location