Tarzana Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Training is on the job
Technician/Van driver 1 (Current Employee) –  18646 Oxnard st Tarzana CA 91356October 3, 2016
I like the fast pace , freedom and selfstart attitude of the comany.
Twelve hour days 3 days a week, 4 hours available if you can get it.
Take Census of the patients hourly , make roup sign in sheets for all classes during the day , oversee chores
by inpatient clients, transport patients to appointments, observe and report pattention behavior to supervisors by email . End of shift reports.
Night shift : audit files , Patient Census hourly
conduct 1/2 hourly safety checks on medical detox patients, supervise residential long term and short term units.
Pros
On line class
Cons
Many tasks
unproductive, stressful work enviornment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 29, 2016
A typical work day included conducting individual substance abuse counseling as well as group intervention sessions. There were weekly team meetings and training.
Management was unapproachable and distant. Made for an uncomfortable work environment.
Many of my co-workers conducted themselves in unprofessional manners which resulted in producing a stressful work environment.
Pros
There were set hours
Cons
lack of support from management
Wonderful work culture and employee support
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAOctober 17, 2016
Tarzana Treatment Centers values both their employees and their clients and it shows. This is a wonderful organization to work for and I would highly recommend it for those living in Southern California.
TTC promotes personal growth and professional excellence.
Community Counseling Center, Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I worked at TTC for five years and learned so much, both professionally and in my personal life.

Dedicated staff, supportive management, and rewarding work. I am thankful for the opportunities that were provided to me.
Pros
Every day you learn new things
Cons
The work load can be challenging at times.
A business without restraint. A business which treats the wrong people, money is the object. There has been financial scandle found, when they laid
Treament Counselor Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CASeptember 10, 2015
Tarzana treatment center is not legal, is not conducive to recovery, encourages a revolving door on detox, gives people psychiatric labels in order to recieve the insurance money. I was freed. This was the hardest partof the job working at a facility where my heart was not supporting it.
Pros
THE EXPERIENCE OF BAD AND GOOD
Cons
Lack of moral support, always on the defense, funny things happening to staff and patients. Lack of control over patients
Excellent workplace, room for advancement
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAMarch 15, 2014
Many services provided
Caring staff
Supportive Management
Opportunity for growth
Excessive paperwork
Loving, caring environment
Pros
Job opportunities and advancement
Very supportive work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 22, 2015
Tarzana treatment Centers is a great place to work at. I've been able to grow personally and professionally because of the support and guidance I've received from my DIrector.
Pros
encouraging, supportive, and challenging.
Cons
loving it too much
Voluntary Work
Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 30, 2013
I had plenty of children to work with. I learned how to communicate with children and to have patience with them. Ms. Crystal Clapton was a great manager and was the one whom taught me the most. The hardest part was to learn to have patience with the children through all types of temper tantrums they threw. The most enjoyable part was to see the smiles on the children when their parents would come and pick them up.
Pros
Played a lot with kids, had many breaks, enjoyed many happy moments
Cons
Had to bear all types of situations
Great job experience working with addictive personalities
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 15, 2012
A typical day was clocking in and getting charts ready for the day. conductiong apporoximately 12 groups a week, ability to handle case load of about 30, develop treatment plans, daily progress notes in charts and to the courts, collborate with DCFS, Probation, EAP, Dept of Mental Health, TANF, private sector, and other resources to ensure the best quality of care including post treatment.
Pros
great opportunity for personal growth, development for client
Productive and fun environment to work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAJuly 29, 2014
I have learned so much in working at Tarzana. I have awesome relationships with my co-workers and other staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the patients and in help them with their life struggles. Tarzana has provided me experience and understanding in what it means to be a team player.
Increased responsibilites, with the oppurtunity of learning on a daily basis
Clinical Supervisor of Primary Care (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 24, 2012
My duties that I perform on a daily basis at work consume of these list of task as my role of the supervisor of primary care.
- Assist front office with checking in patients and screening new patients for various programs that are offered.
-Assist care teams in triaging patients and rooming the patient.
-Preping for procedures such as pap smears, adult and child physicals, EKG's, audiometry exams.
- Administrating medications as a result in abnormal vital signs including insulin per provider.
- Administer adult and child immunizations.
-Check emails and voicemails
-Attend conference calls
-Available for all escalations, questions, and structure the flow of the clinic to assure patients are seen within their scheduled times and to assure of no overtime.
I have learned how to structure a facility to work together as a team, and how to all become a team player. To practice safe patient care and enforce our company's policy and procedures.
The most enjoyable part of my working is seeing my staff happy when they see the outcome of how much was accomplished due to their result of working together as a team.
Pros
fulfilling patient's needs and care, learning on a daily basis, being assigned multiple duties and taking on resposnisbilites.
Cons
unable to take 15 minute breaks, have to work through lunch break
Fsp
Targeted Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Gained much needed experience about social services. Assisted client in getting basic needs met. Offered support in reviewing documentation.
Pros
free lunches on some holidays
Cons
short staff
Decline to state
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 2, 2013
A typical workday consists of balancing extreme disregard of self by employer with my dedicated regard for my client.
Pros
close to home
Cons
employees are disrespectd by superiors
Great Program
MFT Trainee, Adult Program (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 28, 2014
This is a great facility with co-workers that are knowledgeable and inspiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tarzana Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Tarzana Treatment Centers Reviews by Location