TASC - Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities

TASC - Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities United States Employee Reviews

Slave work
TASC - A third party administrator for insurance (Former Employee), Madison WIOctober 14, 2013
Pros: you can listen to your ipod
Cons: management
This company acts like their work is life or death work when all you do is data entry which a scanner and a computer can do on it's own. They have no intention of promoting anyone and will fire someone before they reach their 15 year mark.
New encounters daily
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 2, 2013
Received incoming calls from customers regarding various inquires about their flexible spending accounts, i.e. account balances, card activation/deactivation, reimbursements. I learned how the billing process for medical visits are attained. Management was very helpful in finding needed information via our web portals. Coworkers were very upbeat and positive. The hardest part of the job was navigating through the different systems which I have since mastered. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer satisfaction at the end of the conversations.
Average job for average pay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), South Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2013
Pros: talking with fellow employees.
Cons: no benefits, felt underappreciated all the time.
We had to work pretty hard for no benefits. It was fun only because we could socialize with co-workers all the time.
Enjoyed working with community
Case Manager II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2013
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: too far/ too much driving
Enjoyed working with and helping people get their lives on track
fun work place, educational
CADC Recovery Coach (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2012
Pros: speaking in court on behalf of clients progress
Cons: wear and tair on car
home visits with clients, report writing, court apperance, staff meetings
how DCFS work with parents and children in there systems
educational
fun, good hearted, professionals
find clients homes
representing clients in court
The most caring place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 7, 2012
Pros: could complete full time hours in three days.
Cons: you had to sleep over, no lunch break.
I wa monitored 8 women transitioning from prison, communicated all activities to management. I learned alot about myself and how to work with a very diverse population. I had the best supervisor ever. She has taught me so much in my personal and career life. She taught me how to be a profession lady. I had the best coworkers all open minded, smart, strong women. The hardest part was watching the women leave, you can sometimes become very attached. The most enjoyable was watching the women grow and stride. It was very rewarding.
good experience in learning how to adapt to many cultures,backgrounds, and philosophies..
Substance Abuse Treatment Counselor (Current Employee), Cottonwood, AZAugust 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits;pay.
Cons: long hours.
good place to learn about legal ramifications of crimes; behaviors; and addiction patterns.
Good place for stability but downside in some areas
Recovery Coach (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2012
Pros: gas mileage reimbursement, benefits, good work/life balance
Cons: employees voices didn't always get heard
Driving to see clients and getting urine samples and updated information pertaining to the DCFS cases. I learned about Child Protective services and the court system. Management had their days where the people's voice didn't matter but otherwise it was okay. Co-workers varied. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with court appearances while maintaining a caseload. Good people to work with.
Flexible Work Schedule, Great for self-starters
Mental Health Recovery Coach (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no merit increases
Salary is competitive and benefits are satisfactory. The Recovery coach program is very flexible; however with the rising cost of gas it is difficult to keep up with other vehicle maintenance. Agency provides mileage reinbursement; however it is less than the state alloted amount.