TASC

TASC Employee Reviews

horrible experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Answered phones in a tiny little office with 5 other people that were loud, crude and generally horrible people. the management style sucks. the owners are awful and the GM is a moron. they are con artists. I was never paid my final delivery bonus nor any benefits. the hours suck for people with children or families. if they didn't like you, they would find a way to get rid of you. $8 an hour is not enough to deal with drama and backstabbing. They are complete sleaze balls that take advantage of people in credit situations and ask for a down payment no matter what or a co-signer. DO NOT WORK OR BUY FROM THEM!
Great Mission & Great People to Work With
Director of Office Services & Facilities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Having worked at TASC for nearly 10 years, I have a strong affinity for the mission and people at the agency. TASC is an inspiring agency filled with people who work hard to make the best possible for our community through intensive case management and legislative recommendations at the local and national level.
Pros
Mission and Staff
Great company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Wish they were staying around. They care about employees and their clients. Learned some much about Case Management.
Pros
cares about their employees
Cons
n/a
Non profit
President/Workshop Facilitator/Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Another great employer experiencing obstacles from the present Illinois budget crisis which places some employment positions in jeopardy in the near future.
Ver family oriented Company
I/C Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 8, 2015
I worked several Projects with this Company they were always very supportive on Engineering,Construction and Family events. The Management folks were always there.
Intake Evaluations.
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 28, 2015
Interview and evaluate clients in need of treatment for alcohol and drug treatment, performing psychosocial evaluations for level of care needed, access funding, and locating & scheduling treatment.

Fast paced, with numerous guidelines and criteria, entering all into computer database. Follow up with referral sources, etc.
Pros
Very rewarding to help people in need, great co-workers.
Cons
revolving door repeated clients, usual nonprofit low compensation
Deteriorated since 2009, riding on original reputation
network engineer (Current Employee) –  northern virginiaNovember 11, 2015
Culture was good prior to spin off from NG. Numerous bad management decisions cast as market adjustments since resulting in the purchase by another badly managed spin off.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay freeze for last 3 years
This was a Great Company in early 2000, but not now
Senior Scientist and Tech Fellow (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAOctober 21, 2015
Since the sale of Litton Industries to Northrop Grumman(NG), Litton TASC (then TASC) started a downhill slide because NG did not understand a non-production corporation. With the sale of TASC by NG to its current owners, the downhill slide has excellerated, because the new owners want more profit and less overhead. This resulted in removal of all Sr. VPs and replacement of VPs with outsiders to encourage reduction of all overhead. Now with the merger with ENGLITY Inc., TASC has about 5 years to survive, as they loose more contracts then they can hold on to.
Pros
Cons
Show profit to get laid off.
Always in a state of financial crisis
Drug Court Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2015
Working with the clients was great, but the employer was more of a criminal then the people in the program. If you choose to work here, you need to closely monitor your paycheck, time off, and the yearly cons with pay raises. If the state has a budget crisis, be prepared to be lose your job.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management
Tasc
Senior Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 10, 2015
The work life balance at TASC is based on the program you support. The downside to TASC is the company is constantly cutting back on benefits.

Want to know more about TASC?

Ask a question
Red Ocean thinking, too much business politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 3, 2015
-Too many business politics for advancement
- No innovation; red ocean thinking
- Diversity but no Inclusion
- Terrible vacation/leave benefits
Pros
Education Benefits
Cons
Vacation, limited upward mobility, salary
Fun place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 3, 2015
I like what I do but some of my co-workers are lazy and dont know what they are doing. I also dont agree with how they have handled some issues that have occurred.
Professional Company
SUPERVISOR OF CORRECTIONS TRANSITION PROGRAMMING (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 16, 2015
TASC is a great company to work for, unfortunately my job was eliminated and I have to look for new employment. I would recommend this company.
Pros
respected staff
Cons
N/A
Nice people. Great team.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAAugust 3, 2015
Large defense contractor. Great team of people to work with. Thank you. Innovate products that help America stay strong.
Pros
Great corporate culture.
Cons
Office relocated too far away.
TASC is a great place to work.
Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly Va.July 22, 2015
TASC has been a wonderful place to work. TASC has a superior upper management that enables employees the opportunities to work at various Government facilities and participate in projects of great national importance. Simply put, Tasc is a great place to work for both the new graduates, for mid-career engineers or as members of its senior staff.
Pros
Great opportunities for both management staff and engineering staff employees.
Cons
No Cons of importance to note.
good people
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 21, 2015
Decent people to work with and supportive management. Enjoyed working with a variety of people from different companies. Hard to balance home life with work life. Tried to work part-time, but part-time hours starting growing into full-time hours.

The company was brought into Northrup-Grummon while I was there. Did not like the change in personal time and other modifications to my benefits.
Great workplace
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 11, 2015
Great place to work. Management was very open to new ideas. Good reimbursement for college and open to telecommuting. Not sure how they are now they are owned by engility
Cons
healthcare
Was a great company
Facility Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at TASC. I was given many unique and interesting opportunities as an employee.

I believe the people of TASC are the reason they excelled and the most enjoyable part of my job.
Successful resource in the community
Case Manager I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
Going out to see clients that had recently been released from prison to offer resources that would assist in them getting their lives back on track. I learned that because clients have been incarcerated, they may or may not be ready for change in their lives, and you can tell who is interested by the way they follow-up with you and keep their appointments. The managers were okay. The hardest part of the job is getting a client to see the importance of keeping their appointments and the most enjoyable part of the job was moving around and attending resource meetings.
Pros
Able to move around and set schedule
Cons
People who try to interfere with your success.
Poor
SUBCONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR 5 (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJune 9, 2015
Has gone down hill since being acquired by Engility. Used to be a good place to work with opportunities to advance. Now it is full of managers and no senior people to do the actual work.