TASC Employee Reviews in United States

horrible experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Answered phones in a tiny little office with 5 other people that were loud, crude and generally horrible people. the management style sucks. the owners are awful and the GM is a moron. they are con artists. I was never paid my final delivery bonus nor any benefits. the hours suck for people with children or families. if they didn't like you, they would find a way to get rid of you. $8 an hour is not enough to deal with drama and backstabbing. They are complete sleaze balls that take advantage of people in credit situations and ask for a down payment no matter what or a co-signer. DO NOT WORK OR BUY FROM THEM!
Intake Evaluations.
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 28, 2015
Interview and evaluate clients in need of treatment for alcohol and drug treatment, performing psychosocial evaluations for level of care needed, access funding, and locating & scheduling treatment.

Fast paced, with numerous guidelines and criteria, entering all into computer database. Follow up with referral sources, etc.
Pros
Very rewarding to help people in need, great co-workers.
Cons
revolving door repeated clients, usual nonprofit low compensation
Always in a state of financial crisis
Drug Court Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2015
Working with the clients was great, but the employer was more of a criminal then the people in the program. If you choose to work here, you need to closely monitor your paycheck, time off, and the yearly cons with pay raises. If the state has a budget crisis, be prepared to be lose your job.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management
Great Mission & Great People to Work With
Director of Office Services & Facilities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Having worked at TASC for nearly 10 years, I have a strong affinity for the mission and people at the agency. TASC is an inspiring agency filled with people who work hard to make the best possible for our community through intensive case management and legislative recommendations at the local and national level.
Pros
Mission and Staff
good people
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 21, 2015
Decent people to work with and supportive management. Enjoyed working with a variety of people from different companies. Hard to balance home life with work life. Tried to work part-time, but part-time hours starting growing into full-time hours.

The company was brought into Northrup-Grummon while I was there. Did not like the change in personal time and other modifications to my benefits.
Red Ocean thinking, too much business politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 3, 2015
-Too many business politics for advancement
- No innovation; red ocean thinking
- Diversity but no Inclusion
- Terrible vacation/leave benefits
Pros
Education Benefits
Cons
Vacation, limited upward mobility, salary
If you like working by yourself you'll love this job.
Title #3rd Party Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2015
A typical day clock in on time participants are calling about their employee benefits, whether it is their Flex Spending accts, Direct Pay, COBRA or just having problems with logging on the system. You don't have time to talk with co-workers unless you're on break or lunch.
My co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of the job would be some participants would want you to do miracles such as if there was a deadline or their info wasn't submitted in a timely manner they wouldn't receive their money, they still want their money and that would be the time you would get yelled and screamed at.
Other than that I enjoy working with people customer service great you have to be a great listener and adapt to each individual to help each individual's needs.
Pros
they were always celebrating something so there was free lunches
Cons
the company only want people to work for them during their peak season then they lay you off.
Very interesting, with a team of indiviuals who work so well together it's amazing
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work is wonderful. I learn how to work together hand and hand with other facilities to engage individuals with life changing opportunities, such as employment, personal, educational and career goals. With the help of my co-workers, nothing is too complicated. The way we communicate with each other makes our job very interesting. The hardest part of my job is not having enough staff. Having an hour lunch with my team is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
field work, hour lunch, communication, team work
Cons
shortness of staff
Tasc
Senior Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 10, 2015
The work life balance at TASC is based on the program you support. The downside to TASC is the company is constantly cutting back on benefits.
Overall, TASC possessed a very friendly work environment. I would give the company a good rating
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 1, 2016
My ex coworkers at TASC were family oriented. They treated me like I was a second member of their own family. My ex supervisor was very helpful in ensuring that I understood the functions of the job. My co workers were supportive and very understanding about the amount of time and effort that I had to place into obtaining my Masters Degree in Public Administration.
Working through growing pains
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2015
Company separated from Northrop Grumman in late 2009 and has struggled to find its footing in the Government Services Industry. Been through many reorganizations and benefits have been sharply reduced each year. Corporate focus and experience in the Intelligence community has hurt their attempts to expend in the Defense Industry.
Pros
Mostly good people of high caliber
Cons
Upper management has made some critical errors leading to lost contracts recently
Great atmosphere to work at.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 25, 2016
I provided a high level of professionalism and promoted a working environment with a high quality of customer service to meet the needs of diverse clientele in the office. I enjoyed witnessing and being part of the positive progress in people's lives. Great communication between all co-workers.
Pros
Professional, kind and supportive staff.
Cons
Part-time, no benefits
Great Place to Work
Program Control Management (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 23, 2016
TASC is a great place to work for. Great management teams. Lots of room for advancement. Job security and work/home life balance is great!
Has potential to be good job, but management keeps getting in the way
SETA (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 25, 2016
TASC was a great company to work for, before it transitioned to Engility. Now, with the benefit cuts and hiring/retention of management that doesn't understand the employee or their jobs, employment with TASC/Engility has become about chasing the bottom dollar in spite of the employee.
Cons
Lack of career opportunities
A excellent company to work for
Signature Reduction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 1, 2016
I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy to work for TASC unfortunate my billet is getting cut and I have to find another job. I work 40 hours a week. I have enjoyed working on this contract and the government folks are awesome group of people to work with; they will be missed however I plan to keep in contact with them
Colleagues became friends
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2016
To this day, I am still in contact with many of the colleagues I met while working for TASC. The place had a family atmosphere among the workforce. Just last year, I attended our first TASC Reunion. It was wonderful seeing many friends that I had not seen in 20 years.
Pros
Family atmosphere; working on-site with the customer
Cons
n/a
challenging and interesting
Part time GIS analyst contracted to NAVO, Code N92 (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSMarch 15, 2016
My work has been very rewarding and challenging, everyday. It's always what you make of it.
No such thing as a "typical" day at work, thank goodness. Great co-workers for the most part. No micro-managing. The hardest part of my job(s) has been data mining and analysis and, producing required reports and products. This has also been my most enjoyable part(s) of the jobs.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Great leadership and lots of room for advancement.
Enterprise Level System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 21, 2016
This company takes care of it's employees and compensates them accordingly. The culture of customer service is also a great strength of this organization.
Ok
Senior Systems Analyst, Human Factors Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2016
My management chain was willing to adapt to allow more work-life balance incentives.

Worked with qualified professionals.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
salary growth was slow
A Good place work so far
Intelligence Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 29, 2016
Good place to work overall. Things were a bit confusing initially with the merger but there seems to be alot of opportunity to move up and around. Stay tuned.