TASC Employee Reviews in United States

horrible experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Answered phones in a tiny little office with 5 other people that were loud, crude and generally horrible people. the management style sucks. the owners are awful and the GM is a moron. they are con artists. I was never paid my final delivery bonus nor any benefits. the hours suck for people with children or families. if they didn't like you, they would find a way to get rid of you. $8 an hour is not enough to deal with drama and backstabbing. They are complete sleaze balls that take advantage of people in credit situations and ask for a down payment no matter what or a co-signer. DO NOT WORK OR BUY FROM THEM!
Great Mission & Great People to Work With
Director of Office Services & Facilities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Having worked at TASC for nearly 10 years, I have a strong affinity for the mission and people at the agency. TASC is an inspiring agency filled with people who work hard to make the best possible for our community through intensive case management and legislative recommendations at the local and national level.
Pros
Mission and Staff
Always in a state of financial crisis
Drug Court Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2015
Working with the clients was great, but the employer was more of a criminal then the people in the program. If you choose to work here, you need to closely monitor your paycheck, time off, and the yearly cons with pay raises. If the state has a budget crisis, be prepared to be lose your job.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management
Great Place to Work
Program Control Management (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 23, 2016
TASC is a great place to work for. Great management teams. Lots of room for advancement. Job security and work/home life balance is great!
Very interesting, with a team of indiviuals who work so well together it's amazing
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work is wonderful. I learn how to work together hand and hand with other facilities to engage individuals with life changing opportunities, such as employment, personal, educational and career goals. With the help of my co-workers, nothing is too complicated. The way we communicate with each other makes our job very interesting. The hardest part of my job is not having enough staff. Having an hour lunch with my team is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
field work, hour lunch, communication, team work
Cons
shortness of staff
Overall, TASC possessed a very friendly work environment. I would give the company a good rating
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 1, 2016
My ex coworkers at TASC were family oriented. They treated me like I was a second member of their own family. My ex supervisor was very helpful in ensuring that I understood the functions of the job. My co workers were supportive and very understanding about the amount of time and effort that I had to place into obtaining my Masters Degree in Public Administration.
Red Ocean thinking, too much business politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 3, 2015
-Too many business politics for advancement
- No innovation; red ocean thinking
- Diversity but no Inclusion
- Terrible vacation/leave benefits
Pros
Education Benefits
Cons
Vacation, limited upward mobility, salary
Deteriorated since 2009, riding on original reputation
network engineer (Current Employee) –  northern virginiaNovember 11, 2015
Culture was good prior to spin off from NG. Numerous bad management decisions cast as market adjustments since resulting in the purchase by another badly managed spin off.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay freeze for last 3 years
good people
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 21, 2015
Decent people to work with and supportive management. Enjoyed working with a variety of people from different companies. Hard to balance home life with work life. Tried to work part-time, but part-time hours starting growing into full-time hours.

The company was brought into Northrup-Grummon while I was there. Did not like the change in personal time and other modifications to my benefits.
Great atmosphere to work at.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 25, 2016
I provided a high level of professionalism and promoted a working environment with a high quality of customer service to meet the needs of diverse clientele in the office. I enjoyed witnessing and being part of the positive progress in people's lives. Great communication between all co-workers.
Pros
Professional, kind and supportive staff.
Cons
Part-time, no benefits
Has potential to be good job, but management keeps getting in the way
SETA (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 25, 2016
TASC was a great company to work for, before it transitioned to Engility. Now, with the benefit cuts and hiring/retention of management that doesn't understand the employee or their jobs, employment with TASC/Engility has become about chasing the bottom dollar in spite of the employee.
Cons
Lack of career opportunities
A excellent company to work for
Signature Reduction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 1, 2016
I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy to work for TASC unfortunate my billet is getting cut and I have to find another job. I work 40 hours a week. I have enjoyed working on this contract and the government folks are awesome group of people to work with; they will be missed however I plan to keep in contact with them
Colleagues became friends
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2016
To this day, I am still in contact with many of the colleagues I met while working for TASC. The place had a family atmosphere among the workforce. Just last year, I attended our first TASC Reunion. It was wonderful seeing many friends that I had not seen in 20 years.
Pros
Family atmosphere; working on-site with the customer
Cons
n/a
Intake Evaluations.
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 28, 2015
Interview and evaluate clients in need of treatment for alcohol and drug treatment, performing psychosocial evaluations for level of care needed, access funding, and locating & scheduling treatment.

Fast paced, with numerous guidelines and criteria, entering all into computer database. Follow up with referral sources, etc.
Pros
Very rewarding to help people in need, great co-workers.
Cons
revolving door repeated clients, usual nonprofit low compensation
TASC is a great place to work.
Communications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly Va.July 22, 2015
TASC has been a wonderful place to work. TASC has a superior upper management that enables employees the opportunities to work at various Government facilities and participate in projects of great national importance. Simply put, Tasc is a great place to work for both the new graduates, for mid-career engineers or as members of its senior staff.
Pros
Great opportunities for both management staff and engineering staff employees.
Cons
No Cons of importance to note.
challenging and interesting
Part time GIS analyst contracted to NAVO, Code N92 (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSMarch 15, 2016
My work has been very rewarding and challenging, everyday. It's always what you make of it.
No such thing as a "typical" day at work, thank goodness. Great co-workers for the most part. No micro-managing. The hardest part of my job(s) has been data mining and analysis and, producing required reports and products. This has also been my most enjoyable part(s) of the jobs.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Great leadership and lots of room for advancement.
Enterprise Level System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJuly 21, 2016
This company takes care of it's employees and compensates them accordingly. The culture of customer service is also a great strength of this organization.
Ok
Senior Systems Analyst, Human Factors Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2016
My management chain was willing to adapt to allow more work-life balance incentives.

Worked with qualified professionals.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
salary growth was slow
Different Company
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2016
I was not happy with the environment here. A lot of people were not welcoming and had very bad attitudes. I did not enjoy being here or working for a company on this level
Tasc
Senior Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 15, 2016
The contract was successful in developing, installing and supporting many IT systems and applications. Descent pay, good benefits, and a good working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TASC. Our community is ready to answer.