TASC Employee Reviews in United States

A Good place work so far
Intelligence Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 29, 2016
Good place to work overall. Things were a bit confusing initially with the merger but there seems to be alot of opportunity to move up and around. Stay tuned.
it was a good experience
PMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 20, 2016
Can't say anything bad about this place. I was fortunate to have a great manager. Not a lot of flexibility to move within the company.
Great flexibility
Section Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 9, 2016
Great company with room to grow and advance. Management is supportive of advancement and growth. Great place for young engineers and veterans with space system experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not many
Very interesting, with a team of indiviuals who work so well together it's amazing
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2016
A typical day at work is wonderful. I learn how to work together hand and hand with other facilities to engage individuals with life changing opportunities, such as employment, personal, educational and career goals. With the help of my co-workers, nothing is too complicated. The way we communicate with each other makes our job very interesting. The hardest part of my job is not having enough staff. Having an hour lunch with my team is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
field work, hour lunch, communication, team work
Cons
shortness of staff
good company
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 28, 2016
worked well there. Great people and great work environment. I will say i was 100% on client site so its more of a review of the client.
challenging and interesting
Part time GIS analyst contracted to NAVO, Code N92 (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSMarch 15, 2016
My work has been very rewarding and challenging, everyday. It's always what you make of it.
No such thing as a "typical" day at work, thank goodness. Great co-workers for the most part. No micro-managing. The hardest part of my job(s) has been data mining and analysis and, producing required reports and products. This has also been my most enjoyable part(s) of the jobs.
Pros
Independence
horrible experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Answered phones in a tiny little office with 5 other people that were loud, crude and generally horrible people. the management style sucks. the owners are awful and the GM is a moron. they are con artists. I was never paid my final delivery bonus nor any benefits. the hours suck for people with children or families. if they didn't like you, they would find a way to get rid of you. $8 an hour is not enough to deal with drama and backstabbing. They are complete sleaze balls that take advantage of people in credit situations and ask for a down payment no matter what or a co-signer. DO NOT WORK OR BUY FROM THEM!
Great Mission & Great People to Work With
Director of Office Services & Facilities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Having worked at TASC for nearly 10 years, I have a strong affinity for the mission and people at the agency. TASC is an inspiring agency filled with people who work hard to make the best possible for our community through intensive case management and legislative recommendations at the local and national level.
Pros
Mission and Staff
Great Place to Work
Program Control Management (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 23, 2016
TASC is a great place to work for. Great management teams. Lots of room for advancement. Job security and work/home life balance is great!
Great company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Wish they were staying around. They care about employees and their clients. Learned some much about Case Management.
Pros
cares about their employees
Cons
n/a
Non profit
President/Workshop Facilitator/Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Another great employer experiencing obstacles from the present Illinois budget crisis which places some employment positions in jeopardy in the near future.
Ver family oriented Company
I/C Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 8, 2015
I worked several Projects with this Company they were always very supportive on Engineering,Construction and Family events. The Management folks were always there.
Intake Evaluations.
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 28, 2015
Interview and evaluate clients in need of treatment for alcohol and drug treatment, performing psychosocial evaluations for level of care needed, access funding, and locating & scheduling treatment.

Fast paced, with numerous guidelines and criteria, entering all into computer database. Follow up with referral sources, etc.
Pros
Very rewarding to help people in need, great co-workers.
Cons
revolving door repeated clients, usual nonprofit low compensation
Deteriorated since 2009, riding on original reputation
network engineer (Current Employee) –  northern virginiaNovember 11, 2015
Culture was good prior to spin off from NG. Numerous bad management decisions cast as market adjustments since resulting in the purchase by another badly managed spin off.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay freeze for last 3 years
This was a Great Company in early 2000, but not now
Senior Scientist and Tech Fellow (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAOctober 21, 2015
Since the sale of Litton Industries to Northrop Grumman(NG), Litton TASC (then TASC) started a downhill slide because NG did not understand a non-production corporation. With the sale of TASC by NG to its current owners, the downhill slide has excellerated, because the new owners want more profit and less overhead. This resulted in removal of all Sr. VPs and replacement of VPs with outsiders to encourage reduction of all overhead. Now with the merger with ENGLITY Inc., TASC has about 5 years to survive, as they loose more contracts then they can hold on to.
Pros
Cons
Show profit to get laid off.
Always in a state of financial crisis
Drug Court Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2015
Working with the clients was great, but the employer was more of a criminal then the people in the program. If you choose to work here, you need to closely monitor your paycheck, time off, and the yearly cons with pay raises. If the state has a budget crisis, be prepared to be lose your job.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management
Tasc
Senior Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 10, 2015
The work life balance at TASC is based on the program you support. The downside to TASC is the company is constantly cutting back on benefits.
Red Ocean thinking, too much business politics
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 3, 2015
-Too many business politics for advancement
- No innovation; red ocean thinking
- Diversity but no Inclusion
- Terrible vacation/leave benefits
Pros
Education Benefits
Cons
Vacation, limited upward mobility, salary
Fun place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 3, 2015
I like what I do but some of my co-workers are lazy and dont know what they are doing. I also dont agree with how they have handled some issues that have occurred.
Professional Company
SUPERVISOR OF CORRECTIONS TRANSITION PROGRAMMING (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 16, 2015
TASC is a great company to work for, unfortunately my job was eliminated and I have to look for new employment. I would recommend this company.
Pros
respected staff
Cons
N/A