Tasks Unlimited Employee Reviews

Nonprofit agency with a relaxed atmosphere.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 26, 2018
Each day was much the same in the accounting manager. I worked for my manager the entire 15 years I was there. We worked very well together. I started out as the one employee for my manager. I did all aspects of bookkeeping: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, asset management.
Pros
My boss was not a micro-manager
Cons
The job eventually got boring, doing the same thing each day.
One of the best places to work
Office and Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company and wished it could have been full time. The people here were terrific and were always in an excellent frame of mind. I also enjoyed their philosophy and the manner in which they treated their patients.
Pros
Sad when they decided to consolidate
Cons
Wished it could have turned into full time
Productive fun workplace
Vocational Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work. Helping clients manage their symptoms and attend work everyday.

The hardest part of the job is providing feedback at work and what areas they need to improve on.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
Learned a lot, but, if offered, wouldn't go back
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 29, 2016
Some problems:
Little to no fundraising efforts
Buildings/lodgings are dirty and very poorly maintained
Resistant to innovation in provision of mental health services
Board of Directors are woefully behind the times
Poor IT hardware, software, and support
Financial and budget are managed by cutting corners, reducing staff, and avoiding necessary updates/repairs to lodgings
Executive team is NOT transparent around company wide problems
Compensation not in line with current market-- significantly less

That being said, I learned a great deal at Tasks and worked with some amazing clinical service providers. I had opportunities to be trained in and practice new skills. Working directly with clients was always enjoyable, and mental health staff were excellent with service delivery.
Non Profit Agency helping Mental Health clients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 2, 2015
Great Company. Doing a great job helping people with mental health issues find stable employment and housing, Great coworkers, variety and employee morale
Pros
Stable work
Benefits
Decent Job
Janitor - Minneapolis Federal Courthouse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaSeptember 3, 2014
My job at Tasks Unlimited was focused more on job security. Obviously when you get a job you plan to keep it as long as possible. Granted I was the number one performing janitor in the building and the youngest, I was more concerned on how I could better the company and make them look good instead of keeping my job for the next twenty years.

That being said I have worked a number of jobs that were the opposite. Where having your job is the job. Where you are constantly working to 'out' perform the other workers.

The actual work at Tasks was the funnest part of being with the company. I tested at 120% cleaning speed so when I had work to do I thoroughly enjoyed it! I've cleaned more than 10 separate judges chambers throughout my janitorial career and over 5 separate offices in the US Federal Courthouse in downtown Minneapolis.

There was a lot of downtime when I worked at Tasks. Being fast at cleaning means you get done with your route a lot faster and then you have to do menial errands for the remainder of your day. I liked my bosses and got along with them on a professional and enjoyable level. I was an equal to the management but not well enough equipped to be a manager.

Tasks was a great job experience but I need a more balanced job.
Pros
Lots of breaks/downtime
Cons
Lots of breaks/downtime
Provides stable employment and housing...
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 17, 2013
Have been working for company for two years. Janitorial position in which I clean Hennepin County offices...
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2013
I was always busy doing all my job responsibilities. I learned a lot about excel worksheets, journal entries and account analysis.

I got along well with my co-workers, supervisor and other staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of doing my best.

The hardest part of the job is that I would have enjoyed having more managerial job responsibilities.
Pros
Casual dressing, hours flexibility
Cons
Health insurance, not enough parking space
Fairweather Model approach applied to treatment for adults with serious and persisten mental illness
Mental Health Worker/Relief Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2013
Provided employment and housing for adults with mental health diagnoses. A very comprehensive approach, where clients hold each other accountable and make their own rules to follow.