Tastefully Simple Employee Reviews

In home Direct Selling Company that is on a downward spiral.
Independent Consultant/Team Mentor (Current Employee) –  Stoystown, PAOctober 18, 2017
Since beginning Tastefully Simple 10 years ago, I have built up my personal team to 56 Consultants who I had to train and coach, with a company that had great potential, and as of late, has been on a downward spiral. Over the years they tried many other sales strategies as any large company would but found them to not work out in their favor. The latest changes in the company have made me feel very unsure of the well being of my job as well as the company itself. I fear that Tastefully Simple is looking at closure.
Pros
Work from home
Self pace and fun work place
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day is following up with clients to see how they are using and enjoying their products, scheduling home shows with repeat hostess and new customers, vendor shows, running my business on different social media platforms, doing live cooking demos. Being self-employed has taught me to be a self-starter and a self-motivator, to think outside the box. I enjoy learning from other consultants and sharing ideas. I enjoy helping others with meal planning and meeting new people everyday.
Selling Food
Independent Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PASeptember 7, 2017
It is just a DS companythat sells food. We made 30% of sales, I decided to leave because they were changing how the compensation would be. The food however is very good
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJuly 31, 2017
The people are wonderful! Everyone is so nice. Alexandria is a beautiful part of Minnesota. The building is beautiful and has a gym in the basement. TS is a great place to work.
Great products and good family/work balance.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJuly 6, 2017
As an independent consultant, you set your own scheduled. It is a great opportunity if you like working independently and on your own terms. Having the products readily available in your own kitchen is a definite plus!
Fun work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brasilia, PRJune 12, 2017
It s was amazing to work there ..but there was enough hours to work..and the company broking ..I worked there for only one year ..I began as a help wanted an finish a server
Good opportunity
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettssJune 9, 2017
Fun job for a stay-at-home mom or someone who needs extra income. There is opportunity to earn free trips etc. You can develop a business if you would like, and there is training available.
Pros
Free Trips offered for sales/recruiting
Cons
Commission Only
Best Direct Sales Company EVER
Independent Consultant and Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 20, 2017
If you are looking for a business to build at home, TS has everything you need! I have been with this company for 9 years and every day has been a blessing!
Work and home
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lords Valley, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Tastefully Simple is a home based business that is flexible and perfect for mothers with small children. You meet new people all the time and I was blessed with an awesome group of people that I worked with. Very motivational, very helpful, and knowledgeable.
Pros
work from home, create your own hours
Cons
pay is not steady
Great experience
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2016
Being a Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant was a terrific experience. It helped me grow in ways I never imagined. I was a small business owner with the support of the company, I had a large team that I enjoyed working with to help them reach their goals. The compensation was great too.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
people don't do home parties anymore
You are your own boss
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 24, 2016
You are your own boss so the harder you work the more money you make. You build your own clientele, you get to meet many people; earn free trip; and get on stage recognition.
Pros
Money, Free Trips and Make Friends
Cons
You have to be a self starter or you go no where
Great company with room for growth
Senior Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 20, 2016
company committed in helping you be successful in your job, offering various trainings and conferences. Work with a bunch of forward focused individuals
Great for Supplementing your household income
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 27, 2015
Being an outgoing person that likes to talk to people and travel from peoples homes this is great for supplementing your household income with a little extra income. Commission based only makes it hard to predict what you will be making weekly or monthly.
Cons
having to meet a $150 monthly quota to stay active
Tastefully Simple is tasty
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Hills, OHDecember 16, 2015
Tastefully Simple was an extra side job for me. I did in house parties where I provided hostesses with a kit that they prepared, I then talked about each product and let guests sample it. I took sales orders, collected money and put in orders online.
There is no management or coworkers. Its your business, you do with it what you will.
Pros
Food sells itself
Cons
People can get "partied out" if in a certain circle of friends
Fulfilling Service to Provide
Instructional Designer/Writer and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNOctober 15, 2015
Exciting subject matter. Excellent benefits. Opportunities to move into different areas of criminal apprehension.
A company that puts you in control
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHSeptember 13, 2015
As an independent consultant, you must be self-motivated and have time management skills. All of the people in the industry will gladly help you acquire your goals. The most enjoyable part is that you are creating your own business.
Pros
The discount on products
small office, fast paced, family friendly
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2015
As an agent, I would start my mornings by preparing the office for prospects and residents. It was a small office so there were only 5 people total for the entire property. I really enjoyed my time working here because everyone was caring and family oriented. I really learned a lot from my property manager. Everyone was always very motivating.
During my employment I would schedule appointments and give tours of our property.
Pros
family oriented, fun loving, discounted rent
Helping people with meal plans
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GaJune 18, 2015
I have used these products for 10 years myself and decided to bring the product to people I know. So many healthy options now.
Tastefully Simple has the job flexibility I need
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 17, 2015
Tastefully Simple has given me the opportunity to approach work subjectively as you control how much money you make or how many hours you will work. You are your own boss therefore you make the rules and work as little or as much as you like. The culture is nothing but supportive and encouraging. I love all the people that I meet in this job and I've learned that sales takes tough skin! People are not saying 'no' to you but 'no' to what you are selling. I love that I sell lifestyle solutions to my customers!
Pros
Incentive trips
Cons
Inconsitent Income
Fun place to work, onsite gym, and rec center.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 24, 2015
Log into phone queue, take orders, solve shipping and damage issues, research incentive qualifications, track packages, send emails, online chat.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Working until midnight during incentive endings.