Tastefully Simple Employee Reviews

Great experience
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2016
Being a Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant was a terrific experience. It helped me grow in ways I never imagined. I was a small business owner with the support of the company, I had a large team that I enjoyed working with to help them reach their goals. The compensation was great too.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
people don't do home parties anymore
Great culture and incredible work environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MinnesotaMarch 2, 2015
daily work includes managing email and calendar VP of Technology along with multiple members of the leadership team

processing invoices and managing the technology team budget

working with a technology team I have increased my knowledge of many aspects of computers and various Microsoft programs

over the past 10 years I have assisted many different levels of management including a three month interim position as assistant to the CEO

the technology team has ranged from 15 -50 team members and I have enjoyed working with all aspects of the team, many have become good friends over the years

the most difficult part of my job would be when the company had to downsize last summer and 66 team members had to be released from their jobs - working for a company that has such a family like atmosphere made it very difficult to see friends loss their jobs

the most enjoyable part of my job is celebrating with team members when they have successful projects, seeing them achieve milestones in their careers or just celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. Team building is a fun portion of my position.
Pros
work out facility on site, company culture, fun work atmosphere
Cons
lack of pay increases for a few years, increased cost of benefis
Not what it appears to be
Mid Level Employee (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNAugust 15, 2014
Tastefully Simple is a queen-dom run by its founder and her former hairdresser who came on board as a partner. The culture is totally top down management with the top having to sign off on virtually everything - extreme micro-managers. Like many companies what started as a "team" culture has evolved tojust another corporation where money for those at the top drives most of the decisions. The fact the company is chained to being direct sales for its selling channel does not bode well for its future.
Pros
Discount on overpriced speciality foods
Cons
Management, declining sales, insecure future
Tastefully Simple is tasty
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Hills, OHDecember 16, 2015
Tastefully Simple was an extra side job for me. I did in house parties where I provided hostesses with a kit that they prepared, I then talked about each product and let guests sample it. I took sales orders, collected money and put in orders online.
There is no management or coworkers. Its your business, you do with it what you will.
Pros
Food sells itself
Cons
People can get "partied out" if in a certain circle of friends
You are your own boss
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNApril 24, 2016
You are your own boss so the harder you work the more money you make. You build your own clientele, you get to meet many people; earn free trip; and get on stage recognition.
Pros
Money, Free Trips and Make Friends
Cons
You have to be a self starter or you go no where
Tastefully Simple has the job flexibility I need
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 17, 2015
Tastefully Simple has given me the opportunity to approach work subjectively as you control how much money you make or how many hours you will work. You are your own boss therefore you make the rules and work as little or as much as you like. The culture is nothing but supportive and encouraging. I love all the people that I meet in this job and I've learned that sales takes tough skin! People are not saying 'no' to you but 'no' to what you are selling. I love that I sell lifestyle solutions to my customers!
Pros
Incentive trips
Cons
Inconsitent Income
Fulfilling Service to Provide
Instructional Designer/Writer and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNOctober 15, 2015
Exciting subject matter. Excellent benefits. Opportunities to move into different areas of criminal apprehension.
It's a rewarding place to work.
NATIONAL TRAINING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyAugust 18, 2014
As a remote team member, I work from my home office, planning my own schedule of calls and training dates. My day consistes of working with consultants and leaders who want to move forward in their business, those who are thirsty for more. I develop and deliver training from one to hundreds.

I train consultants on business skills i.e. marketing products and programs to clients, analyzing reports and looking for solutions, providing information on new incentives and looking for actionable steps to reach goals are just a few.

This company has been my home for ten years. They have an amazing culture, engaged management and believe in life balance.

Currently the company is experiencing lower sales due to low independent consultant activity. In July 2014, 66 employees were laid off since the number of people employed reflected a much higher sales volume. My activity on a sales force action team for seven weeks at the home office as well as my performance results kept me employed. My lead was not as fortunate and I am now working under the VP of Training, my fifth lead in ten years. These changes have not affected my job responsbilities or results since I find it easy to work with everyone.

My co-workers find me organized, easy to work with, able to answer most questions for them, alll while adding humor and fun.

The hardest part about my job is that it's been four years since anyone has seen a bonus or pay increase. My current position does not allow me to advance any further since I am an off-site employee and cannot move to Minnesota.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of my job is working with others. They trust me, believe in me and know I have their best interest in mind.  less
Pros
Five weeks vacation, working from home, manage my own schedule both in and out of the office.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, raises and bonuses.
Overall - excellent company to work for
National Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNAugust 19, 2014
Typical day consisted of talking to groups and individuals for training purposes via telephone. Participated in meetings including, but limited to those for the National Training team, Marketing, Sales, Incentives and Recognition at headquarters which is based in Alexandria, MN (via telephone and live meeting)
Additionally, I traveled to various parts of the country to facilitate and train at small group meetings as well as area, regional and national conferences
Pros
employee benefits including generous 401K program, colleagues, making a difference in the lives of others
Cons
Company not on the cutting edge of trends which caused us to continually play catchup
Great for Supplementing your household income
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 27, 2015
Being an outgoing person that likes to talk to people and travel from peoples homes this is great for supplementing your household income with a little extra income. Commission based only makes it hard to predict what you will be making weekly or monthly.
Cons
having to meet a $150 monthly quota to stay active
A company that puts you in control
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHSeptember 13, 2015
As an independent consultant, you must be self-motivated and have time management skills. All of the people in the industry will gladly help you acquire your goals. The most enjoyable part is that you are creating your own business.
Pros
The discount on products
Employees matter, They built in employee likes into the work place from decor to work space, Bulding was built with lots of fun and enjoyment for all
Ambassador of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNFebruary 4, 2012
Tastefully Simple employee retention is high, building has lots of comfort and extras, Example gift shop, lunch room with full kitchen, free coffee and tea, Cafe, fitness facility state of the art equipment, Classes offered to employees for fitness, dance, arobics
Pros
full kitchen, and dinning, fittness area, certified instructor, good benefits
Cons
no advancment for me, to without further education
Great company with room for growth
Senior Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 20, 2016
company committed in helping you be successful in your job, offering various trainings and conferences. Work with a bunch of forward focused individuals
small office, fast paced, family friendly
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2015
As an agent, I would start my mornings by preparing the office for prospects and residents. It was a small office so there were only 5 people total for the entire property. I really enjoyed my time working here because everyone was caring and family oriented. I really learned a lot from my property manager. Everyone was always very motivating.
During my employment I would schedule appointments and give tours of our property.
Pros
family oriented, fun loving, discounted rent
peolpe was unfriendly their most of them
Packer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMay 14, 2014
worked pretty fast..how to pack food in boxes..management was nice..co worker was not nice to me..having people not like me when i didnt do anything..wasnt their long enough to enjoy anything
Pros
like packing.nice place inside very clean
Cons
a few women in their was very unfriendly
Show up talk abut the day, Learned how to drive forklift, easy nice people
Pick & Pack, Assembly, and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 10, 2013
Show up to the warehouse and talk about what was done yesterday and what is going to need to be done for that day. Most of the jobs were really easy there was nothing to it. But what i really did learn there was how to operate a Forklift. My co workers were all great people nice and easy to work with. Only hard part was learning how to get into the system with the forklift and the computers but after a week it was easy. The most enjoyable thing was easy people to work with and driving a forklift all day or getting to have a workout by loading the product in the trucks.
Pros
Nice people to work with, good hours
Cons
Getting layed off randomly
Party consultant selling food items
Party Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2012
Make my own hours and time I want to work great food
Company has great benefits for those who want to succeed can make a lot of money depending on how much you want to work it.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  HomeFebruary 27, 2012
You can make your own hours and make a reasonable salary! You can balance life and work vary easily. You get paid to party, what can get better than that!?

Get place to work!!!
A product I loved to enjoy & sell
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, WIDecember 17, 2013
Home sales positions are what you make of them. They offer great flexibility on work hours, you meet wonderful clients, and best of all the quality of the products I sold for Tastefully Simple where those that I could personally attest to because I used the products daily. Income varied based on sales and if you recruited additional sales reps. This job brought me out of my shell socially, I met a lot of great ladies who some became good friends with, and again, I enjoyed working from my home.
Pros
Excellent product to sell.
Cons
Not a steady income.
I work from home and make my own hours as an independent consultant.
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Painesville Twp, OhAugust 22, 2013
This is something I've done to make extra money. I am able to use my computer skills to maintain my client database and order history as well as all accounting. The hardest part of my job is not always being able to carry inventory. It is not a requirement, but it is helpful at the in home parties. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to have in home parties and always meeting new people.
Pros
I work from home and make my own hours.
Cons
The sales are not always there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tastefully Simple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4