Tastefully Simple

Tastefully Simple Employer Reviews

Fun Work!
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), La Porte, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: setting own work schedule.
Cons: investment to get started was costly, but worth it in the end.
I got to meet a lot of great people through home parties and vendor events. My business blossomed overnight.
Great culture
Ambassador of voice impressions - receptionist (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: grew too fast so needed to downsize.
Answered phones, directed emails, handled client questions.
Overall - excellent company to work for
National Training Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: employee benefits including generous 401k program, colleagues, making a difference in the lives of others
Cons: company not on the cutting edge of trends which caused us to continually play catchup
Typical day consisted of talking to groups and individuals for training purposes via telephone. Participated in meetings including, but limited to those for the National Training team, Marketing, Sales, Incentives and Recognition at headquarters which is based in Alexandria, MN (via telephone and live meeting)
Additionally, I traveled to various parts – more... of the country to facilitate and train at small group meetings as well as area, regional and national conferences – less
It's a rewarding place to work.
NATIONAL TRAINING MANAGER (Current Employee), Louisville, KentuckyAugust 18, 2014
Pros: five weeks vacation, working from home, manage my own schedule both in and out of the office.
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, raises and bonuses.
As a remote team member, I work from my home office, planning my own schedule of calls and training dates. My day consistes of working with consultants and leaders who want to move forward in their business, those who are thirsty for more. I develop and deliver training from one to hundreds.

I train consultants on business skills i.e. marketing products – more... and programs to clients, analyzing reports and looking for solutions, providing information on new incentives and looking for actionable steps to reach goals are just a few.

This company has been my home for ten years. They have an amazing culture, engaged management and believe in life balance.

Currently the company is experiencing lower sales due to low independent consultant activity. In July 2014, 66 employees were laid off since the number of people employed reflected a much higher sales volume. My activity on a sales force action team for seven weeks at the home office as well as my performance results kept me employed. My lead was not as fortunate and I am now working under the VP of Training, my fifth lead in ten years. These changes have not affected my job responsbilities or results since I find it easy to work with everyone.

My co-workers find me organized, easy to work with, able to answer most questions for them, alll while adding humor and fun.

The hardest part about my job is that it's been four years since anyone has seen a bonus or pay increase. My current position does not allow me to advance any further since I am an off-site employee and cannot move to Minnesota.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with others. They trust me, believe in me and know I have their best interest in mind. – less
Not what it appears to be
Mid Level Employee (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNAugust 15, 2014
Pros: discount on overpriced speciality foods
Cons: management, declining sales, insecure future
Tastefully Simple is a queen-dom run by its founder and her former hairdresser who came on board as a partner. The culture is totally top down management with the top having to sign off on virtually everything - extreme micro-managers. Like many companies what started as a "team" culture has evolved tojust another corporation where money for those at – more... the top drives most of the decisions. The fact the company is chained to being direct sales for its selling channel does not bode well for its future. – less
you work with people who love what they do
Team Manager (Current Employee), Salem, VAJune 17, 2014
Pros: make money while have fun
Cons: haven't found any
tastefully simple is a great company because there products help make family dinner time easier and simple
Productive and fun
Kitchen Help (Former Employee), Fairport, NYMay 23, 2014
The independant consultant I worked for made the job very enjoyable.
peolpe was unfriendly their most of them
Packer (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNMay 14, 2014
Pros: like packing.nice place inside very clean
Cons: a few women in their was very unfriendly
worked pretty fast..how to pack food in boxes..management was nice..co worker was not nice to me..having people not like me when i didnt do anything..wasnt their long enough to enjoy anything
Member of the DSA
Consultant Order Service Specialist I (Current Employee), Alexandria, MNMarch 19, 2014
I work in a call center handling orders, reships and customer complaints. When not on the phones, I handle new consultant agreements, switchboard and Live Chat. Every day is something different and challenging but in a good way.
Tastefully Simple
Independent Consultant/Team Mentor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 3, 2014
I love owning my own business and being able to take care of my family and still provide to the family budget. We just have some unexpected medical expenses and I need to make more income.
A product I loved to enjoy & sell
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Fredonia, WIDecember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent product to sell.
Cons: not a steady income.
Home sales positions are what you make of them. They offer great flexibility on work hours, you meet wonderful clients, and best of all the quality of the products I sold for Tastefully Simple where those that I could personally attest to because I used the products daily. Income varied based on sales and if you recruited additional sales reps. This – more... job brought me out of my shell socially, I met a lot of great ladies who some became good friends with, and again, I enjoyed working from my home. – less
Great opprotunity for growth
Tastefully Simple Consultant (Current Employee), WINovember 23, 2013
Pros: the more you sell, the more you earn.
As an independent business owner I can put in and schedule as many hours, parties or events I want to do in a month. Great part-time job to do while going back to school full-time.
Great way to supplement your income
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 22, 2013
Wonderful direct-sales company who provides support to new consultants.
Gourmet Foods Home Party Business
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: made my own hours and worked went i wanted to work and took vacation when i wanted to take vacation
Cons: did not make a lot of money and it wasn't worth my time and energy anymore
Honed my Sales and Customer Serivce Skills through Tastefully Simple. I did not make a lot of money, but the training the company offered was invaluable to me for obtaining the other jobs!
Enjoyable
Independent Direct Sales Consultant (Current Employee), wisconsinOctober 2, 2013
Fun Parties with food and great guests. Entertainment, easy going atmosphere while making a earning.
Show up talk abut the day, Learned how to drive forklift, easy nice people
Pick & Pack, Assembly, and Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Alexandria, MNSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with, good hours
Cons: getting layed off randomly
Show up to the warehouse and talk about what was done yesterday and what is going to need to be done for that day. Most of the jobs were really easy there was nothing to it. But what i really did learn there was how to operate a Forklift. My co workers were all great people nice and easy to work with. Only hard part was learning how to get into the – more... system with the forklift and the computers but after a week it was easy. The most enjoyable thing was easy people to work with and driving a forklift all day or getting to have a workout by loading the product in the trucks. – less
I work from home and make my own hours as an independent consultant.
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Painesville Twp, OhAugust 22, 2013
Pros: i work from home and make my own hours.
Cons: the sales are not always there.
This is something I've done to make extra money. I am able to use my computer skills to maintain my client database and order history as well as all accounting. The hardest part of my job is not always being able to carry inventory. It is not a requirement, but it is helpful at the in home parties. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to – more... have in home parties and always meeting new people. – less
Simple, delicious, extra $$$ and great way to socialize and network.
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Home basedAugust 17, 2013
Pros: flexible, simple, networking, social
Cons: having to start over with clients after having moved.
I have been with TS since Sept. 2012, and started after having been a party host for a few parties myself and loved the food and ideas behind TS.

As an independent consultant I can grow as much as I set my mind to and the flexiblity of when I choose to schedule parties.
Amazing company with great people working together to make great things happen.
Training Team Partner (Current Employee), Alexandria, MN 56308July 22, 2013
I have enjoyed the opportunity I have had to work there not once, but twice. Their Team Members are amazing and very committed to the success of everyone.
Independent Consultant
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 31, 2013
Pros: n/a
Independent consultant selling gourmet products
•Responded to customer inquiry quickly addressing the customer needs and problems in order to deliver an ideal solution.
•Answered as many as 60 calls a days from customer inquiries and resolved in a calm and professional manner to find a resolution to their particular concerns.
•Greeted visitors and answered – more... busy multiple- line phone system, screened calls and referred callers to appropriate personnel as necessary. – less

About Tastefully Simple

Taste buds get the Tupperware treatment at Tastefully Simple. The company promotes its line of gourmet soups, dips, desserts, – Read more

Tastefully Simple Photos