Tasty Baking Company Employee Reviews

Freedom to work as you feel needed in specific areas of the position.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 18, 2017
Very poor upper-management with a feeling of 1 for all, all for 1. You would only be told what you needed to hear when you needed to hear it.
Detours were always given instead of fixing a problem to help the company prosper.
Pros
Freedom at your level to help your team grow
Cons
No support from Upper-Management
Failed leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2017
Leadership seemed self serving and less than honest. The people at the top cashed out and either got rid of those below them that were 'inconvenient" or those that challenged the senior leaders and how they behaved.
No teamwork
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2017
Company has potential if everyone works together. This is a family owned business and there needs to be more consistency with the family when it comes to the business for their customers.
enjoyable career
Route Sales Distributer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2017
Enjoyable..really do not want to write a review of my current employer..I am a route salesman and work Monday thru Friday in various locations and usually start around 3am
Pros
monday thru friday
Cons
start at 3am
No chance for full time work
General Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
Started job with promise of full time work; however, laid off due to lack of work. Found that they only hire part time workers due to benefit requirement.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No chance for advancement
great company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2017
worked here for over 10 years hands down the best compaNY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR GREAT PEOPLE GREAT PAY GREAT BENIFITS sometimes i wish i never left .
Good place to work!
Environmental Services - Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19112June 4, 2017
TastyKake is a Philadelphia institution, but it's also a family. The employees work well together and take pride in their work because they understand the value of the team -- the TastyKake family.
very productive place fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2017
worked at this company for 30 years a lot of changes through the years had different positions through the years started in the office with data entry, then moved over into the plant for packer, machine operator, .monitor, then plant relocated and was a machine operator until early retirement in 02/26/2016
Pros
paid holidays, senority, overtime, great pay rate
Cons
mandatory work days
District sales manager oversaw 17 routes
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed building relationships at all levels within my account base.
I also enjoyed working with the owner operators, and helping them build their business and working together so everyone is successful.
factory work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here back when I first started.. the company has since changed hands and got new management. they also moved further into the city which means harder commute for where I was living
Very productive and learning easier, smarter ways to do a job.
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAJanuary 28, 2017
When we are told how much or how many of a certain pastry and/or icing we needed for the day we need to figure the time for the following batches to be made to either finish or get ready for the next shift. The hard part of my job was if I got a mixing bowl with a bad wheel and had to push 400 pounds of icing all the way down to the other end of building. I had supervisors but timing and amounts were up to the mixer because they knew how much icing for how many pastries and it was like being your own boss. I learned a lot of the various things we mixed and went from packer to mixer in a short time and loved to do a good job as that is what I was getting paid to do.
Pros
Catered lunches, gifts for maintaining safety and for donating to various places.
Terrible company
Route Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2017
the worst work experience ever in my life. Such a painful and stressful work experience. No future. Consider you don't have any other options.
It use to be a fun rewarding place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2016
Over the past two years the place has spiraled down since new management took over. It went from a place you enjoyed workin at to a place that you dread. Management is in complete disarray and blames it on the workers. People use to really care about there job, now they are there to just collect a check. The only thing any one can figure out is that they want to shut the place down. They can't be this clueless and still have a job. Don't waste your time here, they can't run this bad much longer.
Pros
A lot of good people
Not a bad place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia Naval BaseAugust 19, 2016
Overall it's a fun place to work. All the people are very friendly and the company lunches definitely help! It's very fast paced and can get hectic, but it all works out in the end. I still enjoy working here after almost 5 years.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The heat
Mismanagement, understaffed, and low quality service
N/A (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2016
I was called at the last minute for an interview for the following morning with no flexibility. The caller from HR informed me that a manager had recently left the company and that they were sharing her duties. As to her excuse for scheduling a late appointment. I arrived the following morning after making an emergency rescheduling to my day, had a wonderful interview, mostly because I exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position and had a diverse background in the food industry. My interviewers were impressed. About 2 hours later to my surprise I received an email stating that my background did not meet the necessary skills of the job. I called HR to inquire, a woman informed me that it was a clerical error and they have yet to make any final decisions. This didnt sound like accurate so I emailed the director of human resources to inquire futher. She never responded..... I called a week later to inquire again, the same woman informed me that they have made all hiring decisions and I should receive an email stating that didn't get the job, which I did the first time....... I explained to her again why i was calling and asked why I was not hired since it's false that I did not meet the qualifications for the position. Her answer was short. She said she didn't know. She didn't conduct my interview. Clearly the enployees that interviewed me weren't apart of hiring process since my excellent interview and qualifications didn't translate over to the actual hiring offical. Well needless to say HR needs some work. The individuals that I spoke to on the phone lacked professionalism  more... and experience. The method in which they hire is falsely advertised. Do not waste your time applying.  less
Pros
New facility
Cons
Low customer and employee satisfaction
Horrible place to work trust me
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 28, 2016
I'm a current employee of 3 years.We have daily issues with the product getting there on time. In a warehouse where truck come in and out..we have no exhaust fans nor any type of ventilation AT ALL!!. We have no set time to come in or out. The other night we work from 10am-3am only aloud 1-2 breaks for 10 minutes. It's a horrible horrible place to work I'm looking for a new job. Only saying till I find new work
Pros
Free cake
Cons
Nothing good about the place at all!!!!!!!
it was the smell of fresh baked goods
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PADecember 1, 2015
this place was the best place to work for the people were very nice and helpful they praised you when you have done great work management was fun
Company Relocated
Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2015
I worked with Tasty Baking for a short period during an acquisition transition. I was brought in as the Credit manager to liaise between management and the credit team during this time.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2015
Challenging business, consumer preferences are changing day by day. Company tries to keep up with changing environment. Never a dull moment.
I like it
Warehosue Shipper/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Fill out each order
Make sure skids are neat and organized
Count left over product add to inventory storage area
Data entry for inventory