Tata Communications

Tata Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJJuly 6, 2015
TATA is a company that started in India. They branched out to the United States in 2003 and I became an employee in 2005. I worked in an office that started with 78 employees and grow into an office of 180. I enjoyed my colleagues. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the increase of employees and finding workspaces for them. The most enjoyable part of this job was working to keep EVERYONE productive and happy.
Pros
Great benefits and the ability to work with great people
Cons
The loss of any colleague through company reductions or the colleague moving on to another job.
My Review for Partner Management position at Tata Communications Ltd.
IT Partner/Supplier Manager (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJJune 12, 2015
My day starts with getting update from my team members located globally regarding the issues/problems that have occurred during the time I was away and how I can contribute to the resolution of those issues whether it's customer related, partner related or my internal team related and provide the customer with utmost service. It is a great team work and we work in collaborative mode even we're geographically dispersed. The overall function is to manage the vendor/partner relationship on day to day issues faced by our customers which are directly under the vendor shop. My management provide great support if there is any roadblock or barrier in overcoming the issue. The hardest part of the job is to get the things under control which is directly in hands of the vendors or their underlying providers and get the commitment from them on timely update and in parallel to be able to keep customer calm. Other part of my job is to streamlining the current processes and procedures and to develop new processes as needed as part of creating standard repository for best practices. SLA violations to be discussed with Vendors and claiming credits. As new vendors come onboard, define Service Level Agreement (SLA)s and working with Operations realization team to onboard the partner/vendor and testing of the process/procedures. During new product launch, creation of RACI model and adding new service features into the existing tool set to ensure the customers are supported, tickets are raised and inventory is updated. The most enjoyable part is working in global company which provides great ability  more... to work with people from diverse culture and we always learn something from each other.  less
Pros
Global presence, Company events
Cons
Limited Career Advancement
Good Pay and benefits, good company culture, good learning opportunities.
Director of Operations - Americas / APAC Regions (Former Employee) –  Wall Twp, NJOctober 24, 2014
Good pay and benefits with much better learning opportunities in last few years. Culturally centered around India and system integration and automation would be a key improvement.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
india centric
Nice company to work for
Director Business Excellence North America (Current Employee) –  South Amboy NJMay 21, 2015
Nice company to work for. Excellent ethics and people focus.

Freedom to execute the way one wants do. Truly global and diversified
Fun job with work life balance
Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 10, 2012
This is position is a true fun position with no complaints about work life balance. A lot to learn on the job with great exposure to international tax, accounting. While transactions may tend to be typical to telecom industry, you learn nonetheless.
Pros
wide work area exposes you to learn different things...
Cons
you may be at mercy of people holding the information needed to complete your job
Great Company to polish virtual management skills
Head of Product Management,Security Services (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2012
A meshing - and clashing - of cultures. This company wants to expand out of India but wants to continue acting like an Intra-India firm. International customers are educating the company about what it means to meet global customer expectations.
Pros
great people
Cons
backwards management systems
Extremely productive group.
Lead GTAC-OFN (Current Employee) –  Wall,NJMarch 4, 2014
I don't really have a typical day. Some days I go into the office some I work remotely from home. Usually I work from home after working during the night as part of an on call schedule. I handle upgrades of DWDM, Undersea, and transmission equipment from various vendors. My group coworkers are very knowledgeable and we help each other out. Sometime because we are on call very often and supporting a global network I have to work very long days and it helps that I can continue my days/nights from home. I get much satisfaction from completing projects and helping junior technicians in supporting our network and have a great relationship with all.
Pros
flexible work/life schedule
Cons
low pay/ poor health plan
Bureaucratic and slow moving
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 28, 2014
An OK place to work in you are from the telecommunications industry. Limited training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
manager seem to care about employees
Cons
slow moving organization with distributed work force, difficult to navigate and make any changes, there is a push to outsource as much as possible to india
A good company with strong backing.
OSS/BSS Specialist, Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 11, 2012
Definitely "Best of the Breed" over at TATA. I was continuously learning which is extremely important.
Good Place to work
Sr.Billing-Executive (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 17, 2014
Good company to work and helpfull coalegues to work with. The most enjoyable part of the Job was analyzing the invoices received.
Temporary position
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJApril 30, 2014
An ok experience for me. I was glad to assist them for the short time.
Pros
greeting guest
Cons
not that friendly