Tata Communications

Tata Communications Employer Reviews

Temporary position
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee), Matawan, NJApril 30, 2014
Pros: greeting guest
Cons: not that friendly
An ok experience for me. I was glad to assist them for the short time.
Bureaucratic and slow moving
Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 28, 2014
Pros: manager seem to care about employees
Cons: slow moving organization with distributed work force, difficult to navigate and make any changes, there is a push to outsource as much as possible to india
An OK place to work in you are from the telecommunications industry. Limited training and opportunities for advancement.
Extremely productive group.
Lead GTAC-OFN (Current Employee), Wall,NJMarch 4, 2014
Pros: flexible work/life schedule
Cons: low pay/ poor health plan
I don't really have a typical day. Some days I go into the office some I work remotely from home. Usually I work from home after working during the night as part of an on call schedule. I handle upgrades of DWDM, Undersea, and transmission equipment from various vendors. My group coworkers are very knowledgeable and we help each other out. Sometime – more... because we are on call very often and supporting a global network I have to work very long days and it helps that I can continue my days/nights from home. I get much satisfaction from completing projects and helping junior technicians in supporting our network and have a great relationship with all. – less
Good Place to work
Sr.Billing-Executive (Former Employee), INJanuary 17, 2014
Good company to work and helpfull coalegues to work with. The most enjoyable part of the Job was analyzing the invoices received.
Great Company to polish virtual management skills
Head of Product Management,Security Services (Current Employee), Herndon, VADecember 18, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: backwards management systems
A meshing - and clashing - of cultures. This company wants to expand out of India but wants to continue acting like an Intra-India firm. International customers are educating the company about what it means to meet global customer expectations.
A good company with strong backing.
OSS/BSS Specialist, Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Wall, NJDecember 11, 2012
Definitely "Best of the Breed" over at TATA. I was continuously learning which is extremely important.
Fun job with work life balance
Tax Accountant (Current Employee), Herndon, VADecember 10, 2012
Pros: wide work area exposes you to learn different things...
Cons: you may be at mercy of people holding the information needed to complete your job
This is position is a true fun position with no complaints about work life balance. A lot to learn on the job with great exposure to international tax, accounting. While transactions may tend to be typical to telecom industry, you learn nonetheless.
Overall good experience
Executive - International Billing Voice (Current Employee), PuneSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: management concerns
Overall good experience, Good work culture. A lot to learn

a typical day at work
what you learned: System
management: Good
your co-workers: Good
the hardest part of the job: Targets
the most enjoyable part of the job: Fun
SDH/DWDM-ISP OPTICAL TRANSMISSION NETWORKING
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 23, 2014
 Day to day maintenance of all the Transmission elements in the network consistent performance monitoring of the transmission elements and to take preventive & corrective action.
 Provide the technical support to FSE on field to solve the problems at ISP level and Making cross-connections in DWDM.
 Inform to NOC TEAM for any problem as a fiber cut, – more... Media fluctuation & degradation, DC power fail & HRT in the network immediate after observation.
 Implementing EOR (engineering order request) based upon request from planning & operations for addition of cards, equipment in the transmission network
 Planning of DCN Management System in Network for reachable of each Node from NMS.
 Commissioning of SDH & DWDM (OLA, OTM, and OADM) networks.
 Maintaining Faulty card detail record and providing to concern team.
 Involved in activation of new services onto the network like DWDM new channel addition and channel balancing, Providing solution on DWDM channel Erroring, New SDH and DWDM Equipment integration on NMS and ensuring quality is maintained by testing.
 24*7 supporting. – less
Good Work culture
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Pune MaharahtraAugust 10, 2014
Pros: oth work and fun go hand in hand
Cons: long working hours
Tata Communications is having a good work culture where both work and fun go hand in hand .only issue with company is less salary for existing employees.
Good experince with Tata communications Ltd.
Sales Support (Current Employee), Kurla, MHAugust 6, 2014
Make a customer order form that is COF. Loged the order in the system. day to day transaction with customer on mail only.
Co-ordination with respective teams like OPAT,SVT for order login.Coordinating with feasibility, sales, P.M to ensure clean order login.Validating order as per check list,Follow up with OPAT for login priority cases.
Maintain order – more... inventory from inception of order till login.
Preparation of DS for Login Orders.
Creation of Non Commercial request for change for change amendments.
Changes to be done on Orders as per system requirement with consensus of Sales. – less
Great Company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Kolkata, WBAugust 2, 2014
A Company which is respected by even the competitors for the Quality of Service and Reach!
Best place to work to implement the my creativity and experience
Fault management Engineer( Assure Engineer) (Current Employee), ChennaiJuly 29, 2014
each day will be different as i will handling different kinds of customers who faces problems with there broad band and PSTN.
I learn to provide extended service to the customer, and my management gives me full freedom to be open up on my view about any situation, my co workers helps me out to know new things by daily some how, the hardest part of job – more... some times need to face aggressive customer who were out of service, but still manage to get them placed of fixed as soon as possible to make them calm, the most enjoyable part would be to get involved in clearing faults which would be very intresting to work with. – less
It is good
Senior Executive (Current Employee), MumbaiJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: line hr is not effective
You can learn new things and work with new challenges.Nice team mate.Employees care is taken.
Worked with Largest ISP in india
Network Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, PuneJuly 18, 2014
Pros: learn technical things
Cons: salary issue, company shifted to pune
Worked in 24By 7 support with all Technical (Network)team.
Handled more than 1500 Links of Managed customer in technical aspects.
Customer interaction.
Handled NOC team.
Good company to workwith colleagues and managers helpful and supportive
Lead-L3_IPNOC (Current Employee), PuneJuly 8, 2014
Colleagues and Managers are friendly.
Support from internal teams is good.
Overall Very Good
SAP EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 26, 2014
Pros: good work culture
Cons: no company benefits for off-role employees
The job was new to me and it was full of challenges initially. But, after working there for almost 3 years helped me to gain confidence and ability to work and perform in a corporate culture. I also, got exposed to SAP MM Module and EM Module. I have also worked with Higher Authorities in the Company like DGM, GM and VP level.
happy
ATM Monitoring EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), CST MumbaiJune 24, 2014
it;s my honer work with TATA i worked with tata 2 years and enjoyed very much and i learned much more.
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Customer Service Executive- Business Operations (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz12345678910

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
We have worst management for our department that is CDN.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch coupons
Cons: health insurance.
Management for our department is really worst. Disappointed with them. AN irresponsible manager & reviewing manager(Sr. Director).

Most enjoyable part is having good co-workers, that's the only reason for my survivor in this environment.

Learned some good behavioral & technical things from US counter part seniors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tata Communications

Tata Communications Limited is a publicly traded telecommunications company with over 6,000 employees and is part of the Tata – Read more