Tata Communications Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with but the processes need to be improved
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJMay 24, 2017
Tata Communications Limited has a company has a great set of people working there.
However, there is very little focus on the quality of work and there's a lack of customer focus.
Cross functional teams need to work to the overall progress of the company but most of the time they work against each other.
**Great management to work with**
Junior Executive -Project Management (Current Employee) –  India Point, RIApril 21, 2017
Its a place where I learnt more of technical and management skills, great work life culture. Feel proud to be a part of with tata communications team, I would like to thank all my management officers and co-workers for their wonderful support
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Healthcare
Not terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 20, 2017
Not that terrible not very good company to work for. There seems to be a "boys club" mentality and if you are not in the club, you are treated very differently and I feel they actually discriminate against non-Indian employees.
network admin
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 23, 2017
managing enterprise network
implementation of new projects ,
Data center experience.
Cable Management.
coordination with offshore team
Pros
Job culture is very good, however internal departments are disjointed, difficult to get things done.
Manager of Service Realization (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJDecember 16, 2016
Tata is an extremely large company which treats employees very well, however the internal processes are almost non existent. Very difficult to get simple things done.
Tata works hard at instilling the Tata Culture which is a very ethical, hard working, rewarding environment
Global Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJNovember 11, 2016
The company is a good place to work. It is a very diverse environment where all ideas are discussed and vetted. Tata offer lunch and learns to broaden everyone's knowledge base of industry and company happenings.
Good Company
Senior Manager, Commercial Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  Senior Manager, Commercial Voice OperationsJune 1, 2016
Tata was a fair company to work for. Tata is a global conglomerate with their hands in many pots. Tata Communications America was the cash cow for Tata.
Troubleshooting analysis, Meetings, Fix problems, Requirements gathering, Training
Strong planner (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FloridaAugust 3, 2015
Analyze network for issues to repair for the day. Attend team meetings, work on training presentations for team. Lead teams for success.
Pros
Pay, People
Cons
no advancement possibilities
Just Descent
Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 11, 2015
Descent company to work for if you are not a person who thrive only when in a startup and surrounded by over passionate people.
Pros
employee centricity
Cons
large company issues
Great company to work for!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJJuly 6, 2015
TATA is a company that started in India. They branched out to the United States in 2003 and I became an employee in 2005. I worked in an office that started with 78 employees and grow into an office of 180. I enjoyed my colleagues. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the increase of employees and finding workspaces for them. The most enjoyable part of this job was working to keep EVERYONE productive and happy.
Pros
Great benefits and the ability to work with great people
Cons
The loss of any colleague through company reductions or the colleague moving on to another job.
My Review for Partner Management position at Tata Communications Ltd.
IT Partner/Supplier Manager (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJJune 12, 2015
My day starts with getting update from my team members located globally regarding the issues/problems that have occurred during the time I was away and how I can contribute to the resolution of those issues whether it's customer related, partner related or my internal team related and provide the customer with utmost service. It is a great team work and we work in collaborative mode even we're geographically dispersed. The overall function is to manage the vendor/partner relationship on day to day issues faced by our customers which are directly under the vendor shop. My management provide great support if there is any roadblock or barrier in overcoming the issue. The hardest part of the job is to get the things under control which is directly in hands of the vendors or their underlying providers and get the commitment from them on timely update and in parallel to be able to keep customer calm. Other part of my job is to streamlining the current processes and procedures and to develop new processes as needed as part of creating standard repository for best practices. SLA violations to be discussed with Vendors and claiming credits. As new vendors come onboard, define Service Level Agreement (SLA)s and working with Operations realization team to onboard the partner/vendor and testing of the process/procedures. During new product launch, creation of RACI model and adding new service features into the existing tool set to ensure the customers are supported, tickets are raised and inventory is updated. The most enjoyable part is working in global company which provides great ability  more... to work with people from diverse culture and we always learn something from each other.  less
Pros
Global presence, Company events
Cons
Limited Career Advancement
Nice company to work for
Director Business Excellence North America (Current Employee) –  South Amboy NJMay 21, 2015
Nice company to work for. Excellent ethics and people focus.

Freedom to execute the way one wants do. Truly global and diversified
7+years of professional experience as a Quality Analyst,
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Deutsche BankJanuary 12, 2015
• Experience in UI Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing, System testing, Integration Testing and manual testing of Web and Client/Server based applications.
• Strong understanding of the Agile/Scrum and SDLC methodologies.
• Experience in all phases of Software Testing Lifecycle with expertise in the Integration and Functional, User Interface, and Regression testing.
• Expert in writing complex SQL queries for databases including Oracle and SQL Server.
Good Pay and benefits, good company culture, good learning opportunities.
Director of Operations - Americas / APAC Regions (Former Employee) –  Wall Twp, NJOctober 24, 2014
Good pay and benefits with much better learning opportunities in last few years. Culturally centered around India and system integration and automation would be a key improvement.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
India centric
Temporary position
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJApril 30, 2014
An ok experience for me. I was glad to assist them for the short time.
Pros
Greeting guest
Cons
Not that friendly
Bureaucratic and slow moving
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 28, 2014
An OK place to work in you are from the telecommunications industry. Limited training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Manager seem to care about employees
Cons
Slow moving organization with distributed work force, Difficult to navigate and make any changes, There is a push to outsource as much as possible to India
Extremely productive group.
Lead GTAC-OFN (Current Employee) –  Wall,NJMarch 4, 2014
I don't really have a typical day. Some days I go into the office some I work remotely from home. Usually I work from home after working during the night as part of an on call schedule. I handle upgrades of DWDM, Undersea, and transmission equipment from various vendors. My group coworkers are very knowledgeable and we help each other out. Sometime because we are on call very often and supporting a global network I have to work very long days and it helps that I can continue my days/nights from home. I get much satisfaction from completing projects and helping junior technicians in supporting our network and have a great relationship with all.
Pros
Flexible work/Life schedule
Cons
low pay/ poor health plan
Good Place to work
Sr.Billing-Executive (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 17, 2014
Good company to work and helpfull coalegues to work with. The most enjoyable part of the Job was analyzing the invoices received.
New Hire Perspective...
Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJMarch 14, 2013
As a new hire, I've enjoyed the team atmosphere and the company's engagement level with its people. There's plenty of opportunity to make an impact. Its a unique perspective working for a company based in India but sometimes that can slow things down. If you're coming from a large corporation its a great place to leverage past experience (as long as you have patience). Benefits are also very good.
Great Company to polish virtual management skills
Head of Product Management,Security Services (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2012
A meshing - and clashing - of cultures. This company wants to expand out of India but wants to continue acting like an Intra-India firm. International customers are educating the company about what it means to meet global customer expectations.
Pros
great people
Cons
backwards management systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Communications. Our community is ready to answer.