Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
3,546 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

Pay is great, work is not
Developer (Current Employee), Milford, OHMay 7, 2015
I joined as a developer, and I didn't even get to look at code until I was two years in. I spent most of my time there as a process engineer, doing absolutely no technical work. Upon release of the project, I was told to quit or be relocated. When I chose neither option, I was sent home. I am currently being paid to sit at home. I need experience, and I'm not getting any from TCS.
Job Security
Virtualization Solution and Architect (Current Employee), ConnecticutMay 6, 2015
TCS will provide you peace of mind when it comes to job security but it's tricky to work with the management and get a nice Work/Life balance.
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 6, 2015
TCS as a company is good but few HR policies are old age and not applicable to current environment.Work life balance is difficult to achieve.Not a great paymaster.
Wonderful
Team Lead Datacap/Capture/Filenet Administrator (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMay 3, 2015
Working with TCS has been wonderful. The hardest part about my position as a lead is taking all of the mandatory test and working the position.
One of the best places to work with Professional Team Members
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2015
Pros: Allows for Free thinking and has a progressive opportunity for upward mobility
Cons: Nothing of consequence
Great Place to work. Excellent Place to work, One must be blessed to work for this company. This is God's gift to contingent workers freshly arriving from lower paying 3rd world countries
Good to work in TCS
Production Support and Developer (Current Employee), JacksonvilleMay 2, 2015
Its very good to work for TCS. I learned a lot in my first company both technical as well as business knowledge.

TCS gives me an opportunity to enhance my communication skills.
ETL Developer (Former Employee), MalaysiaMay 2, 2015
Pros: Very good company...good work balance...less work pressuure..less learing
Cons: Very good company...good work balance...less work pressuure..less learing
A typical Day
IT Analyst (Current Employee), wauwatosa wisconsin 53226April 30, 2015
In morning I used to have call with my user.Our discussion usually based on the requirements and previous day's work analysis.rest of my day is reserved for executing all require to achieve the user's requirement.Sometimes we used to go out for lunch and having fun.
Company Promtes Politics
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Rockville, NYApril 30, 2015
Lot of politics in the performance appraisal system, anyone would tell the same thing and i have seen it for years. you are not rated by your skills.
bore mechanical work.
System Analyst (Former Employee), nyApril 29, 2015
routine work every day. no innovation. good job security. organization is big and filled with politics. lots of retail projects.
Not so good for Work life balance
Mainframe Lead Software Engineer-American Express (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: you work, but you wont be noticed
Company doesnt know what is work life balance when it comes to onsite role.Middle level mgmt is worst , though never had a complain for job security
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 28, 2015
• Define scope of project.
• Maintaining Data quality of MDM Hub.
• Gather business/functional requirements from different stakeholders like Tax, Risk etc.
• Support & Co-ordination with development and testing team.
• Provide level 3 support to business users.
• Functional testing and debug issues.
• Planning and monitoring
More than good
Release Manager (Current Employee), Iselin, NJApril 27, 2015
Pros: Job security, Variety of options to work
Cons: Long hrs, Low compensation
Usually the work is enough for a day to be busy. Less exposure to learn new things after you get hold of your work, great co-workers, extra curricular engagements are fun.
Company profiting on Freshers/less experience low wage employees
Consultant (Former Employee), USAApril 24, 2015
Pros: TATA Brand name, Job Security during initial days
Cons: low Salary, favoritism, unprofessional management team, bad job culture
The only advantage company offered was the Job Security, which is no longer the case.

Company has the reputation of hiring huge number of Freshers through on-campus or off-campus recruitments. They are trained and relocated to various development centers within India. As TCS will be among the first 1-3 companies who visit campuses, all bright and hard working students are hired. Hence they end up working hard and dedicated at TCS too. And, that is the secret of the company's high profit margin.

But, with lot of hirings they did in the past 8-10 years, has caused too many experienced ppl and have become either leads or managers due to less technical progression. This had also prompted for involuntary layoffs of many experienced mid-level managers..

Performance appraisals is a Joke as it is rated not based on how you did the previous year, rather how useful you will be in the coming year.... If you or someone change your projects between appraisals, be ready to get lowest performance band and a big hole on your pay check....

Do you want to grow professionally? then, it should be your personal interest and you need to fight for each and every thing.... Also, if u want to climb ladders, you need to have contacts in the leadership team who favor you for no reason..

And, Salary wise, every xzy employee in USA gets same salary irrespective of experirence and role, with some difference of $50 or so.. and if you compare with other competitors like infy, CTS, wipro accenture ... the US salary offered is so less that you feel that you are incompetent compared to fellow employees from these companies...

Anyhow, I always loved this company due to the name "TATA" and their contribution to community.
Good
SOA Developer (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 22, 2015
It was always good working in Tata Consultancy Services. We get good compensation and work/life balance. We have very good onsite opportunities.
Great Place to work and Grow
Agile Program Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Options
Cons: HR Policy
Great place to grow
Numerous opportunities
Size and Scale are certainly a plus
Options to explore different waters
Large presence in India
Not good Technical Strong ..
Consultant for client Grainger (USA) (Current Employee), Lake forestApril 19, 2015
Pros: Not good for technically sound people
Cons: Good for Non-Technical person
Dont expect Growth with your technical skill , everything is depend on politics.. :)
End of the month , Band is not depend what you did , depend on your luck or if your manger like. It does not matter you have good knowledge.
Organisation review
I.T Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, New JerseyApril 17, 2015
1) Good environment
2) Good to work with this organisation
3) Good to start career
4) Co-workers are friendly
5) Work life balance
Overall rating for this company is 4
Onshore Technical Lead OBIA Expert (Current Employee), king of prussiaApril 15, 2015
It is a great IT company and provides great opportunities for an individual. Worked for different clients which included the Onsite Offshore model. It gave a good foundation to my career.
Test Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 15, 2015
TCS is a v good company to work. Many Opportunity to learn and grow as individuals as well as to contribute in success story of company.

About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company headquartered in – Read more

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Salaries