Tata Technologies Employee Reviews

far from good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2018
worst ever to work....no help from managers, over worked and always talked down over worked under paid, never go back to such a sick place ever again, totally blame for poor desc ions by managers
Pros
Cons
better than collecting pop bottles
tata work
Senior Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 30, 2017
I work at tata for 9 months
was told it was going to be a 2 year program.
interesting 9 months vs 2 years
I guess someone was mis informed.

work place , people and manger treated me good.
but, if u are a designer, you should know trade is up and down.
Pros
good bennies
Cons
lack of work
This place is a sick joke; AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 22, 2017
The sales team here is highly incompetent and lackluster at best. If you are a designer dependent on these people to keep you working forget it. These people lay you off as soon as work dries up and then they call you a few months later wanting you to come back to them for short projects. I went to their staffing recruiters to help me find work and they screwed me around, sent me on interviews and then never got hired. I was told I wasn't good enough for the companies the staffing side worked with but I was good enough to work for Tata? What gives with them? The benefits are fine and I was treated well by my managers when I worked directly for Tata but their staffing group was worthless. They lie to people and I didn't believe it until I spoke to other designers I'm friends with who worked with them as well; they would be told their great fits for jobs but never hear back or go on interviews and waste their time. I had the displeasure of seeing their sales team in action and they seemed like all they can do was walk around the office and take lunches. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!
Pros
Working directly for them it's okay.
Cons
They lie, you can't trust a word management says, except maybe your immediate manager
Not a bad firm to work for
Project Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 3, 2017
Overall, it was not a bad firm to work for. Personally, I had very limited contact with my managment team. I never met them in person, however had written communication back and fourth quite often.
Sales needs to get out of the Office!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 14, 2017
Pay is low...commission plan is a joke. Sales keeps recycling the same clients afraid to leave the office and their comfort zone. Recruiting Mgr. spends all day on Metrics and trying to keep the peace! No new in-house projects in view...slow dying on the vine!
Pros
Its a job!
Cons
If you can't find anything and are desperate for work its a good temp stop.
Company executives incompetent
Program Manager-Drink Dispenser Project (Current Employee) –  Troy, MichiganSeptember 9, 2017
Foreign management seriously incompetent and unable to work in an American environment. My direct management is excellent. Executives in the company are the problem.
Life Work Balance
Sr. Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 25, 2017
Poor management
No value for technical Knowledge
Lack of business sense in higher management
Few noncompetitive people are entertained and given opportunities always.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor Management
Challenging work environment
Sr. Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 13, 2017
I was hired to learn the SAP billing processes for a company Tata acquired and bring it back to Michigan. I loved the work I did which was challenging and involved working with project managers, time cards, and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
I loved the Project Managers and field administrators I worked with
Cons
The training was minimal and inconsistent. The promises made for advancement were not kept.
every day was different
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 11, 2017
Planned outlook meetings, reviewed calendars. Scheduled a lot of travel. Learned to embrace multicultural backgrounds. Hardest part - keeping in touch with management while they traveled. Mornings were the best part of the day because you had the opportunity to interact with colleagues in various parts of the world.
Pros
worked independantly
Cons
There were times when management guidance could have been a time saver
Very Productive workplace. Better opportunities
Solution Architect Onsite co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
Very Productive workplace i have worked. I have worked 6+ years in this company and got to work on different projects. Got to learn new things. Very good company to work with
Solid entry level or retirement level commitment
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 20, 2017
This company's benefits are lackluster, little to no training and advancement, currently struggling with their new strategy movement.

It would be a good entry level, or finishing career move, but i think that anyone in the main portion of building their career may want to avoid the sales group.
Pros
flexible work, great people
Cons
benefits, pay, strategy, training
High employee turnover rate
Sales (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 6, 2016
Really enjoy the people that work there, the employee turnover rate is not good. The pay is average/below average. Work/life balance is great. Good place to start out your career.
Not the best place I have worked
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 13, 2016
This is not a great place to work. All companies are revenue consciences but Tata takes it to the extreme. They care little for the employees and are only worried if they are on the number. I went 5 years without a raise with a performance review that was rated excellent.I love the job but if I knew what I know now I would have never taken the position. Think twice and let the interview process give you some indication of how your life at Tata will be.
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Poor salary, poor benefits and manager who do not care about the employee
Good company
Product engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2016
Good company, nice co-workers, a good place to work. I learned a lot and I worked on very interesting projects. The benefits are similar with other companies.
Great people to work with
Mid-Market Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2016
This is company struggling to leave it roots.It has a bright future but needs cultural changes to move forward.

Engineering is key.
Would recommend
RECRUITING/KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 2, 2016
Decent place to work for. Would recommend to engineers looking for employment. They value each employee and try to align skills with roles where the employee with thrive
Great people but lacks leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  NoviMay 30, 2016
Tata Technologies is a great company to begin your career as you have the ability to work with multiple applications and industries. Management lacks direction which leads to poor work life balance for certain groups.
Worked in remote sales office
Territory Account Manager, Midwest Region (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with the various PLM Solutions support and sales teams at the various sales offices both domestic and globally.
Contract Company to Automotive Industry
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 21, 2015
Tata Technologies is a Contract company providing engineering and management services mainly to the automotive industry.
Great place to gain experience
Sales Team Lead - Managed Services (Current Employee) –  detroitSeptember 1, 2015
Team atmosphere is very good; great people, good atmosphere. This is a great place to gain experience for a new Talent Acquisition Associate, especially if recruiting in the engineering field. There is a staff of IT, PLM, Design and Engineering professionals that are really willing to help and answer questions if/when they are approached.