Tate & Lyle

Tate & Lyle Employer Reviews

Factory work in the summer time but great pay
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 30, 2014
I learned that working in a factory is a tough job. The management was pretty cool but they stressed safety a lot, almost too much. The hardest part of the job was trying to do work required in a hot part of the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my dad was at work so I got to hand with him a lot.
Nice Place to work
Technical Test Lead (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMay 5, 2014
Quality of work is good.
Learn new skills
Understanding the business
This is definitely the most enjoyable place I have worked
R&D Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILAugust 19, 2013
Pros: there was always free lunches
Cons: long drive from home
I was always busy, something diffrent to do Never Boring,
There is so many diffrent kinds of Ingredients in products and substitutions, Management was always available for questions
Co-workers worked well together as a team, Helping one another in completeing tasks.
there was alot of ingredients I wasn't familiar with
the part I loved best is i was – more... able to do my own schedule of what i was going to do for the day for the most part. – less
Fast-paced environment with friendly and knowledgable co-workers
Process Operator (Current Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 27, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits, good management team
Cons: long hours and work holidays
Typical day at work includes troubleshooting the process and maintaining it. I have learned how to read P&ID's and make adjustments to the finished product. Also, the process involved to make one product into another. The hardest part of the job is the hours worked.
Solid place to work
FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 12, 2012
Pros: nice working atmosphere with good people
Cons: no volunteer opportunities to help in the community.
The days were mostly hectic. When I arrived there was only one person for all of fixed assets and it was way behind. There was also a lot of subjective material, so I could interpret one way, a co-worker another way, engineer, etc., there was no detail.

I had many ideas which would have been incorporated into the company, however upper management made – more... the decision to move the Financials from Decatur, IL to Poland. Therefore my ideas were no longer warranted, as well as all financial personnel. – less
Temporary job
Network Consultant (Former Employee), Decatur, ILSeptember 24, 2012
This job was contract for 6 months. After that, it was over. No chance to continue with the company
Plant Safety Administrator
Plant Safety Administrator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 28, 2012
I learned something every day at Tate & Lyle, being in the Safety Department and going out to the processing area. The management in the Plant are very good and the communication between everyone is also good.
Competitive and great opportunities
Scientist (Current Employee), Decatur, ILMarch 4, 2012
Tate & Lyle has provided a very exciting and competitive environment to gain experience in research and development and pilot scale work. I have been actively involved in the company's safety program as an audit chair, unit chair and food safety co-chair. I have participated and organized many audits within the company.
I have been able to gain a lot – more... of experience amongst a variety of groups throughout research and development and the pilot plant. – less
Better paying job than most and good benefits.
Machine Operator in Dry Starch (Former Employee), Decatur, IllinoisJanuary 8, 2012
Pros: paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account
Cons: no sick days or personal days and see above.
Alot of last minute mandatory overtime that you can't refuse no matter what you have already planned for your time off. Poor communication at the supervisor/senior management level. 12 hour swing shift(6am-6pm and vice versa). 3 days on, then supposed to be 3 days off. Swing from days to nights every 5 weeks. Never the same days off from week to week, – more... always changing. – less
Working at Tate & Lyle
Trainee Post Room Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 16, 2014
I am currently on a fixed term contract as a Trainee where I am learning about the role of a Post Room Assistant. I really enjoy the work and find the atmosphere relaxed. I like using all the machines and meeting the employees.

I am looking to spend the final 4 weeks in the Kitchens too as I would really like to learn how to work with food.
Productive workplace to gain and enhance skills
Trainee Post Room / Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A position as a post room operative which required me to come in early mornings.
Duties included dealing and sending out post, receiving parcels and sending off to destination and Ad-hoc duties
muito positivo
Estágiaria (Former Employee), Aalst, VLGApril 29, 2014
Pros: almoços gratuitos na empresa
Cons: flexibilidade de horários
Trabalho monótono, realizei sempre os mesmos ensaios ao longo do meu tempo de estágio. Colegas de trabalho pouco afáveis, típico de países nórdicos.
Empresa com flexibilidade e boa para trabalhar
Assistente Administrativo Comercial (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPJuly 19, 2013
Pros: vale-refeição, vale alimentação, convênio médico e odontológico bom
Cons: salário mediano para o porte da empresa
Tinha muitas atividades durante o dia, mas contava com o apoio da equipe que eu trabalhava, para tirar dúvidas, ou em solucionar problemas, caso fosse necessário.

A gerência era aberta à sugestões e estava disposição para ajudar.

Meus colegas de trabalho mantinham uma postura de equipe, eram respeitosos e agradáveis de trabalhar.

About Tate & Lyle

You might say that Tate & Lyle Americas is the secret ingredient to PepsiCo and Coca-Cola's success. The company, an affiliate – Read more