TATE and LYLE Employee Reviews in United States

It depends who you know
Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 9, 2015
I made soy sauce, soy seasoning, syrup, and sugar I like my job management was pretty harsh with some people. I like it at first because of treatment I was fired with any warnings. I was an operator
Pros
Cons
30 min lunch
Fast paced lots to learn very demanding.
REFINERY PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNJuly 28, 2015
Poor moral and work environment. But great place to make some money and get some experience. Worth checking out. Follow the rules and get training done and you will be ok.
A Good First Step into the Food Safety Industry
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 8, 2014
This was is my first job in industry and it is helping me get my foot in the door of the scientific community as a student. I work weekends in the quality assurance lab, testing starches produced at the plant before they get sent out to other processed food companies. I come into the lab, count the cultures grown on plates set up during the week, record the results, and then set up new tests for new starch samples. The management at my plant are very flexible and my co-workers have been some of the nicest people I have ever met. They have been very accommodating of whenever my exam schedules overlapped with my work schedule.
Pros
benefits program avaliable
Good Pay No Future
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Operations, Lafayette, In.December 19, 2013
worked there for twenty six years. Started at the bottom and worked up to the top paying position. worked long and hard hours, sacrificed being with family and friends for all of the twenty six years. The company talks a good game but has absolutely no Core Values , Honesty, Compassion, Sympathy, or Loyalty. The fact that the company wants people with a degree is laughable at best. It is a factory and anyone can do a great job there as long as they are trained by someone who has the core values mentioned.
Pros
good wages
Cons
long hours, rotating swing shifts, working holidays, not appreciated
Not the best place to work but the worst
Senior Global Telecommunications Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 14, 2012
Good Place to work but the company is going through a lot of changes. As a result of the fast pace, there is a lack of planning, which has caused problems with many projects being completed on time. There is also a lack of work resouces, which requires others to work a high amount of work hours (60 to 80+ hrs/week avg).
Pros
exposure to new technology, change from the existing it environment
Cons
lack of planning, lack of resources
Productive and Safe working enviorment
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2013
A typical day is that something different would go wrong. I always learned something new almost everyday and what I learned over the years would take very long to write. Management would always help with troubleshooting. Most of the co-workers are hard workers. The hardest part of the job would be when equipment would malfunction. Most enjoyable part is that most things were getting automated.
Stressful and very littlr communication from management
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 16, 2013
Used to be a family type atmosphere then Tate and Lyle purchased them and began cutting positions to save money in a sold out environment.
Pros
co. car, expense account, cell phone
Cons
long drives to customers
Company treats employees well.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 7, 2014
Worked at the facility in Decatur, Illinois for 18 years. The Management I worked for believed in family and making sure a employee was able to be there for them when ultimately needed at home.
Great place to work.
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  McIntosh, ALMarch 4, 2013
I performed a variety of lab tests on sucralose samples. My coworkers were great. I really wish they had a permanent job opening because I really like working here.
Pros
company gym
Cons
i was only a temporary contract employee
good workplace and good cowokers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 15, 2014
made dry product operate forklift i learned good team work and know how a globe company works i enjoyed working with my coworkers
Pros
good coworkers and benfits
Cons
supervisor did not help
Nice area
Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNNovember 14, 2014
Was a nice area to be in. The people was good to work in and the safety culture started slow but ended on a good note.
productive fast paced
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILNovember 3, 2014
I am a Glatt machine operator. I also am in charge of making sure my people's safety and job performance
Idiots
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 27, 2012
They recruited me from across the country, paid for the relocation and then laid me off. Good severance package, but I don't think they have much vision.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job security
Poor working environment. Poor Safety.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 12, 2014
Poor management team. Lack of leadership. Continuous safety violations that are not fixed.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
unsafe
!!!!!
Recovery Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 18, 2012
Awesome! Awesome! Exciting and fun work place. An employer that really cares about the employees safety.
great
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 8, 2014
great pay good benefits not the cleanest place to work but its not the worst