For our Digital Product Development department, we are currently looking for a creative Designer. The role of the Designer is best defined as "Creative Advertising Designer" when leading the conception and creation of a campaign’s design, layout, and final delivery materials. The assigned Designer works alongside the VP of Digital Media, as well as the station Digital Sales Managers and Account Executives, to prepare original artwork which leverages each individual station's branding and simultaneously illustrates a unique understanding of the potential client’s culture and industry.
- Contributes to overall strategy development by devising innovative cover art, charts, graphs, and packaging methods which relate to the potential client’s business issues, culture, industry and market position.
- Attends and actively contributes to appropriate kick-off strategy, status, follow-up/debrief, and oral/site visit preparation meetings concerning the pursuit.
- Offers conceptual design and production solutions during the full cycle of the pursuit to support the communication strategies developed by VP Digital Media and the Digital Sales Managers.
Collateral Production Leadership:
- Leads the production process, timelines and procedures with external resources to meet project requirements and ensure adherence to quality checks, proofing, and delivery deadlines.
- Creates layouts with strong typography and appropriate use of color, images and fonts, allowing for readability of type and logic of graphic illustrations.
- Creates interactive presentations when appropriate using a variety of software tools.
- Develops complex concepts for packaging design and carries through with the construction of ideas.
- Thinks strategically to relate design work to support the client’s business issues and to effectively illustrate research, information, and general findings of the Digital Sales Managers.
- Influences the Digital Sales Managers to choose an effective design which meets deadline and budget considerations.
- Facilitates project meetings with the Digital Sales Managers when appropriate to discuss project timelines, costs, challenges and suggested graphic methodologies.
- Coordinates activities of external vendors regarding the development of external products such as containers, posters, or multi-media presentations.
- Understands and strictly adheres to the quality standards and procedures established by Post-Newsweek Stations and the Digital Sales Managers.
Interaction with Digital Sales Managers and Account Executives:
- Anticipates design and production needs and informs Digital Sales Managers and VP Digital Media of timelines, expectations, and challenges on an on-going basis.
- Teams with VP Digital Media and Digital Sales Managers to ensure all changes are made in the final deliverable's and are quality checked and proofed.
- Teams with Digital Sales Managers to ensure final delivery of all materials to the potential client.
- Establishes and builds relationships with local document production resources and vendors and maintains a contact list of same.
- Maintains expertise with graphics software tools, proficiency in Firm’s standard loadset and equipment required of the position (including: Indesign (80%), Photoshop, Acrobat, Flash, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Maintains capabilities for troubleshooting technical issues in graphic files for pre-press and printing—linking graphics, including fonts and creating color separations.
- Facilitates knowledge transfer.