TaxSlayer Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, Excellent management
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 7, 2017
Although, Taxslayer was a seasonal position I still enjoyed it. It's a great environment and you are constantly learning to be able to assist your customers better. If you score a 90% or higher on your quality monitoring then they give out certificates. They also give out gift cards and candy based on your work. On the last day of tax season, they pass out numbers and draw a number every hour. If your number is picked then you can win a prize.
Pros
Pay, breaks, training, management
Cons
It's temporary
Love it Miss the Employees
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Love working there even though it was a short period of time. The Coaches and Manager including the Supervisor was awesome. I wish it was longer than just the four months
Pros
Good food
Cons
longer hours
Your average call center
Online Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJuly 2, 2017
I didn't have any issues with working at TaxSlayer at all. The management was friendly and always worked with us with whatever we needed. It was however a seasonal job, so security wasn't expected.
There is a very high turnover in development because they are treated like dirt
technical support (Former Employee) –  evansMay 28, 2017
This is a terrible place to work. If you are not part of the family or elite management group, you will not feel like you belong. IT management is the worse and developers are not well respected. Terrible name, terrible company. They talk like your one big happy family, but it is just a charade. Not surprising to see more jobs posted for developers.
Great Atmosphere and company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAApril 28, 2017
TaxSlayer is only a seasonal position which is the only downside. However it is a wonderful company to work for and consist of great people. The work atmosphere is pleasant and they do everything to make sure that you are trained and assisted when needed. The parking and customers who just can't be satisfied would probably be the only bad side to the job. They are flexible with your schedule and makes sure company needs are met as well as personal. On another note they do consider seasonal for full time positions but it's dependent on the company needs and the person's work ethic.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility
Cons
Parking, Seasonal
Great Place to Work
Tier II Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAApril 4, 2017
I really love working for Taxslayer, it is one of the best places i have worked, in my entire career. The job itself is not difficult, and the people that you work with are outstanding. Unfortunately, it is a tax company, and so the job was seasonal, but nothing bad to say about Taxslayer at all...
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
its only a seasonal position
Fun group of people.
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMarch 29, 2017
Great place and people to work with. Could tell that they really cared about their employees. I don't know about any other positions there, but my supervisors were cool.
Pros
Did not micromanage.
Cons
Seasonal Job
TaxSlayer is an exciting place to be
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAMarch 13, 2017
TaxSlayer is the best company I have worked for. A family owned business that has flourished, it still has that close knit group feel. The company expects you to work hard and be dedicated obviously but we also play hard! The owners frequently put together lunches or fun events for employees.
Pay is generous. Work load obviously increased during tax season but work life balance is also a priority.
Young progressive, professional Tax and Financial Company
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evans, GADecember 15, 2016
Progressive, Young growing income Tax/ Accounting software
Company.

Very professional employees from the top executives to the
Call center tax seasonal employees.

Company Sponsors the TaxSlayer Bowl game annually in
Florida (old Gator Bowl) plus a Professional golfer, and
a NASCAR driver.
Pros
Good casual, professional working environment. Know how to be profssional, and enjoy the working environmen.
They reat you like family
Senior Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJuly 28, 2016
I worked at TaxSlayer for 10 years and would still be there if my husband had not gotten an opportunity for a new job elsewhere. I loved my position at TaxSlayer. The taught me how a customer should be treated. We would go above a beyond to make sure that the customer was always taken care of.
Now the benefits at TaxSlayer are the best. My husband and I have been to so many places with this company I can't name them all. Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, and so many more. The owners of this company will always know your name. I know that I will always have a door there that will always be open to me.
Pros
Travel, Bonuses, Pto
Cons
Great training, and great call center.
Online support specialist for network software (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2016
Great call center environment, professional but yet relaxed. A family type of work environment. Fantastic co-workers their leads were very helpful, so you can help the customers. Seasonal position, during tax season, and you have to stay sharp to be able to assist with the customers inquiries about their self-prepared tax returns.
As a seasonal position during the tax season I would love to go back and Slay.
Pros
They take good care of you while you are there. Helpful employees.
Cons
Be rested due to high call volume, and there are no average breaks.
Love te Customers, flexible hours
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAApril 12, 2016
the four months that I worked at Taxslayer was awesome! I love the Employees and I love the flexible hours, the pay was really good
Pros
nice employee, lunch break was great
Cons
some Leads did not want to do thier job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMarch 19, 2016
The only downfall is it is seasonal and very little room for permanent position year round. The training you receive is intense but complete. They allow you to put notes up to help with uncommon questions. Over all a great place to work.
great people with advanced opportunities to learn new skills
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJune 19, 2014
Working with tax software in use by tax professionals was a challenge. Determine the problem the customer is experiencing and resolving the issue. I was able to learn the software in use, use multiple computer screens to resolve any and all issues along with learning remote connection skills. I really enjoyed learning new skills and working with the customer to resolve their issue.
Pros
Working as a team, challenging situations
Cons
only a seasonal position for the tax season
call center
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJuly 2, 2013
Working for taxslayer was kind of overwhelming. We had very little time training knowing about tax laws etc and on some of my very first calls I was just going with the flow.The managers helped as much as they could but it was very hectic.
Love working for this company...too bad its only seasonal
Taxslayer Pro CSR (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAMarch 26, 2013
Love working for this company...too bad its only seasonal. The staff is great, the owners are outstanding. The management isn't just some figment of the imagination here. You see them, they interact with you. I couldn't imagine working for a better company. The benefits are beyond belief...once you get one full time. Until then, one can only hope.
Pros
great work environment, even better staff
Cons
seasonal