TAYLOR COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting workplace.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KY 40160January 16, 2018
Excellent working environment in the production industry with good management and interesting projects that where challenging and rewarding to complete.
Pros
Payed holidays. Consistant work hours.
Cons
Diminishing product demand.
room for growth
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Good people. Leadership trying to change for better. There are a lot of changes going on and will be going on for some time. Historically there has been room for growth
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Bindery Associate (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 13, 2018
I would arrive 15 minutes early to get directions about the order from the person I would follow. I would complete any orders that were needed in the bindery area by using the rewind table, the slitter re-winder and the polar cutter. I would put the finished product through a poly-wrapper or poly-bag and put it into cartons. I would help at the presses when needed. I would pack the product into cartons, help fill the glue units, clean the glue units, check product for quality, set-up and change the poly-wrappers, fill the chipboard dispensers, put ink in the ink wells and hang the rolls of paper. I would hand label cores, sometimes as many as 1000.
I learned how to inspect product for quality and to work as a team. Management was easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job was when things were slow and you had to look for stuff to keep busy for 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Swing shift
Poor management team
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHDecember 31, 2017
The job wasn't so bad, it was just the management was horrible! If the management team was better than what it was, the workers wouldn't feel the need to leave the company!
Pros
Hours
Did not like the split shift every 2 weeks
Make ready operator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, IN 46526December 10, 2017
Work environment was very good and people great. Hours needed improvement. The split shift from 1st to 2nd every 2 weeks was hard to get used to. Would not want to do it again.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Hours
Fast paced
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 16, 2017
Constant changes in structure and process, still trying to get their act together from all the acquisitions.Small markets need different approaches then large markets.
Pros
Privately held
Cons
some un realistic expectations
Terrible place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 15, 2017
It is a very stressful environment. I spent five years training for the role above mine, the moment the person above me moved, the position was eliminated from the company. There is no chance for advancement.
In the past 5 years we have lost numerous people, instead of replacing them, they are boasting about making us work longer hours because as salaried workers it saves them money. There is no work life balance.
Pros
Free lunches, Pto
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Taylor Summary
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2017
Flexibility and diligence in keeping priorities in a dynamic organization. Taylor Corporation invests in good people and is a highly motivated organization.
Great culture at the plant level; not so much as you move up the chain
Production Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  INOctober 10, 2017
Work culture at the plant level is great! However, the folks at the director and VP level do not value "Do whatever it takes to serve the customer" mentality. They are too focused on the bottom line and have a broken business model that affects opportunity to secure top talent; not paying market value to retain or acquire personal.
Pros
Plant level manager's are amazing to work with. They believe in servent leadership.
Cons
Under paid
Gone unnoticed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 9, 2017
I would like to see more interaction within Taylor Communication toward their production plants. There is a lack of communication from what the parent company is feeding them to what is actually going on in their company.
Pros
401k match, paid holidays
Cons
Too many Chiefs!
Hard working people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 4, 2017
Hard working people that work under bad management. There are no career advancement at all, back door politics prevent any achievements by employees that have been employed for over twenty years and more.
No Consistence
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 2, 2017
No consistence, a lot of non-consistence, too many systems to learn & then after you learn then they stop using the system & you have to learn a new one. No consistence
A company going nowhere.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYOctober 1, 2017
Bad or poor management decisions lead to more problems as work trickles down to those who actually do the work. No one takes responsibility for mistakes, or blames someone else. Nobody is reprimanded for costly job mistakes. Lack of pride in product end result results in lost customers, yet nothing is done. Far too lax environment leads to careless, unacceptable product. Until Taylor cleans house or closes the doors, nothing will improve.
Pros
Accrued PTO.
Cons
Healthcare, poor leadership.
Extremely stressful and unfair
LNA (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHSeptember 25, 2017
They have a lot to work on. Management for oneand I feel as if they should treat there workers better and with more respect than they do. It should be an environment they want to be around
Quick paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Quick paced and a lot to get done. Leadership isn't always aware of what future state needs to look like and what needs to be targeted to meet those goals. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of communication between teams making it hard to find confidence in future state of the company.
Horrible place to work.
N/a (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJSeptember 7, 2017
You go to work feeling depressed. The whole management staff needs to be replaced. They have no compassion for their employees and an HR rep needs to be on site. There's no room for growth or advancement and if there's an opening they'll rather hire from outside than to promote from within. They look down on their employees like we're nothing. If you speak up you'll be penalized in one way or another and nothing is confidential. The supervisors talk your business to the whole printshop. If you call out, everyone knows why before you come back to work. I hate this place. I would never encourage anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Worst managers ever.
Fast paced; changing with global economy
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 1, 2017
Team environment; working with the different business units
Management was growth oriented; goal setting
I totally enjoyed my job; the diversity and variety of work assignments
Always enjoy a challenge to help growth
Daily use of many software programs; both proprietary and intranet capable.
Providing the best cost to the customer and the company; securing the best turn time.
Pros
PTO; flexible schedule when necessary
Cons
Communication was not always forthcoming
Best company i ever worked for
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I loved every moment that i worked here everybody was friendly and we all got along like one big family. Whenever we had to take off it was never a big deal to our manager
Plant is closing and i have to find a new job
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 25, 2017
There have been some poor decisions made in the last 2-3 years which had lead to this position. I don't know how good the other Taylor corp jobs are but this job had it's ups and downs.
Cons
Plant is closing
Fair, good people, lacking communication
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 24, 2017
There is a relaxed atmosphere. Everyone is nice to each other. Working here has helped me learn how to be more easy going since it's okay to be. However, important information is not always available to everyone that it affects due to the size of the company and the lack of defined processes for communicating.
Pros
Nice culture
Cons
Large with poor communication