Taylor Farms

Taylor Farms Employer Reviews

good work place
Production Intern (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: rewards for good attendence . give-a-ways like jackets and other stuff
Cons: short breaks.
work flow is good there is enough work.
i learned hard work pays off you will be notice and promoted.
management is fair, they treat you with respect.
co-workers are sneaky and get away with long breaks its such a inconvinence.
the hardest part of the job is picking up after someone mess. and being the last one out the door.and waiting for those irresponsible – more... child behaving cowards who come from lunch two hours later and tells you "take your lunch" what a heavy diaper they are.
the most enjoyable part of the job is just going home after a long day – less
Fast pace employee friendly environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: awesome perks and great pay
Cons: too many audits
One of the best companies that I worked for. Although it is a very demanding job with a lot of responsibilities it was a pleasure working with an awesome team.
Productive workplace that offers a lot of overtime
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJNovember 22, 2014
Monitor all stages of the operational process from material handling, processing and packaging. Perform regular GMP inspections to insure area is always in compliance.Perform product and process evaluations at required frequencies by following the standard operation procedure (SOP).Establish and maintain harmonious teamwork relationships within the – more... quality teams as well as in the plant.Cooperate and work with USDA Officials on a daily basis to insure the plant is up to SOP standard – less
it was okay place to work
Order picker/loader/supervisor (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: never knew when end time was done and had to work holidays.
i didnt like how they promise you things and dont follow threw,management was horrid and when they give you raises it was only a couple cents
Production (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: work shift was never known.
Working here wasn't so bad, requires some back bone. If you're comfortable with the cold, this is the place for you. Great hours and benefits.
Productive and challenging
Preventive Maintenance Technician/ Mechanic (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2014
Pros: the ability of improvement
Cons: work at 35 degree and in the shop at 90+ degree
A good place to work if you like winter, 35 degrees, gives you the ability to improve your ability as technician and mechanic like coming with new ideas and implementing this ideas on the production lines
Very hash working enviroment
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: work enviroment, low pay
Probably the hardest job I have ever had. Very harsh work environment. Sometimes working in 32 degree F up to 13hrs. Unstable work time. Best thing about this job were the employees where friendly. Pay is definitely not up to par for the work environment.
productive
Lead-forklift operator (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNAugust 12, 2014
management was poor. but the coworkers was cool.I learned how to lead other people. The hardest part of the job was management.
Cold environment,fun co-workers,heavy labor
General Floor (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 1, 2014
Pros: lunch truck, breaks, healthcare, good pay
Cons: heavy labor, cold
A typical day at Taylor Farms was to be at work at six A.M. and be ready to work in a cold environment. I was responsible for cleaning, packaging, and making pallets for the product. Also if the supervisors are missing people, they would make me work in other departments. What I learned in Taylor Farms was to make pallets, work with others, and be responsible – more... for your actions. My co-workers were very influential in my time there. They taught me everything I needed to know about all the departments there. The hardest part of the job would be they would probably send you to a place where I did not really know what to do. You can say I looked lost sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the more experienced workers. – less
Fast paced work environment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2014
The produce industry is ever changing with an extremely fast turn around. The experience learned here allowed for growth that is unsurpassed.
cut sort and packag ,produce for shipment to restaurants
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 3, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: 15 munite break
Accomplishements worked efficiently in a very fas-paced environnement to ensure daily qotes were met.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Jessup, MDMay 1, 2014
The job was demanding, fast and exciting. I had a good crew of guys that worked under me.
A brothel of ineffectiveness
Forklift Opertor (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 30, 2014
Cons: starting thru a temp service, totally unsafe equiptment operators, congested storage, and small recieving areas, tremendously unneccesarily long shifts, complete lack of structure and team work. way too many to mention.
Let me tell you about my 7 work days for Taylor Farms

They were 7 of the most most miserable working days of my life. It's a refrigerated warehouse, which isn't so bad, but they seem to not have enough working forklifts, resources or space to meet demand on a consistent basis We're basically in each others way to try and get our jobs done. The end – more... result of that is a lot of people being held up from doing their jobs, and what should be at most a 10-12 hour day, turns into a 14-16 hour work day.

They had ONE working label printer for for the entire warehouse, and it takes forever because of the process of having to put 5 labels on each incoming sku on each skid. I've spent a half hour waiting for the printer, only to have to spend 15 minutes printing up labels. A complete waste of labor

Within 5 minutes of working, I was put on a forklift, no credential check, I witnessed associates being lifted in the air, without harnesses or platforms, its clear they place more of an emphasis on "getting the job done" than they do on associates safety. I was almost sandwiched between two pallets, because of a combination of tight space,and inattentive forklift drivers. All the while, managers and dispatchers are yelling about why drivers are taking too long for trucks to be stripped, but in actuality, the fault lies within management.

In addition I keep hearing tales of people putting in 23 hour work days, only to take an hour off, and go back and work another 23-24 hours straight. That's insane, and dangerous.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Not unless you want to be a victim of an industrial accident. – less
not to much to say
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: three breaks two 15 and one of 30 min.
go to work start the day
learn to be outstanding
very poor
they don t work as team
productive and great work area
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks, health and dental benefits
always have something to do
every day is something new
the hardest part is in the mornings its very fast paste
i enjoyed working with positive people
I wouldnt go back.
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee), Swedesboro, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Cons: mistreatment of employees by supervisor.
the area i was in had a MAJOR discrimination problem..very badly run company...owner of the company is a great man just doesnt realize whats going on underneath his nose.
rotator and Charger
forklift driver (Former Employee), salinas caFebruary 20, 2014
my work schedule was not fixed, the work environment was good, my work was to begin was inspecting my forklift that was in good condition, he was not pulling oil, that's the main thing, some days I played rotate the product other accommodate the new product
Taylor Farms
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDFebruary 9, 2014
Its a struggle!!! Over-worked, management is terrible, & its very very very cold. I learned you just can't accept any job!
Its a good place to work but i am looking for something with better pay and benifits. I also want to find a job thats offers more promotions
Production Worker (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: good workout
Cons: bad communication, low pay for hard work and favoritsm.
I make labels with the expiration dates for the products to put on the box.. My other team members would then stack and palatize the boxes in ordered amounts. The hardest part of the job is Friday when we are making several different dates and labels.
Liked everything bout this job
Forklift Operator, Scanner (Former Employee), Dallas,TxJanuary 13, 2014
Good employees made alot of friends, good hours good overtime great benefits.

1 2 3

About Taylor Farms

Taylor Fresh Foods could be considered a custom seamstress of edible veggie creations. The company manufactures prepackaged salads – Read more