Taylor Farms Employee Reviews

Na
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 27, 2016
Great company to work for. Employees very helpful and hard working co-workers. Benefits were very good. A typical day at work was very detailed and action oriented from warehouse staff to the drivers.
Productive environment
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJuly 25, 2016
I have learned to manage my time well within a fast-paced environment in an effort to uphold the highest standard of quality for this company.
did it my whole life love golf but performance anxiety is a killer
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 18, 2016
I played golf since i was five and always wanted to be a tour player

unfortunately there are only so many people that have an opportunity and the ability to play on the PGA tour where one can truly support his or her family

tough to make money, a grind but always better than sitting in an office
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
all individual perfomance based tough to make $ every week
Very Nice place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
I enjoy working at Taylor Farms. I feel good that the company that I work for make such healthy food choices and I am a part of that. I clock in about 6:20 am then we go into the sanitation room and put on beard and hair guards. then wash hands, then we get our respective aprons, gloves, and all other PPE and sanitary items used for our specific job. it's 39 degrees in the warehouse so you have on warm clothes to keep you warm then we go to our area of work and work. Preparing foods safely and warehouse safety practices. Management is very respectful and cares about each of the workers like family. there is no hard part of the job. Being able to know you made a difference, and you are valued as an employee.
Pros
great hours and overtime
Cons
cold
productive fun work place with packaging
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 15, 2016
working at a fast paste but carefully making sure its well organized by picking the right amount of product and putting it in the right place. also making sure u meet you quota at the end of your shift
friendly environment very very cold
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2016
It's not hard work but working there is hard... Only because its ABSOLUTELY FREEZING in there. but dealing with food processing and packaging, you must keep everything at its proper temperature. Its best to be able to speak Spanish to better communicate with your fellow employees. Overall its a good company to work for.
vegetable packaging Production Slice and Dice fun.
FOOD PROCESSING MAINT/REPAIR TECH (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 3, 2016
Punch clock,wash hands,put on jacket and go into the production room and lube all the mobile slicers,and mobile equipment.check temps on chiller bath water 33 degrees.check all hi voltage plugs for frayed wires or missing voltage.Check VFD drives.they are at the right % output.Sharpen blades to slicers,put into stock.build slicer blades.
Pros
cool environment
Cons
have to stand in the cooler, can not be in the shop.33 degrees gets to you over time
Productive fun place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 31, 2016
A typical work day would consist of checking all machines and product to ensure quality. Employees would begin work and I would ensure that all safety clothing and gear is properly worn and it would give me a chance to get to know all employees on a more personal level. Long hours but never felt like it atmosphere was always pleasant.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
temporary
Non stop work with no chance of a day off.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2016
This time of year, if your a driver, get ready for constant running back and forth to California. Last year, I was forced to run 4-5 months without a day off. I love to go fishing, camping, etc..... but that was not an option during the summer months.
big warehouse
Depot Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
The job was good just far from where I live. Over all making little cakes was fun . people where very friendly. My job was easy and I enjoyed my time at work.
Pros
wage
Cons
far
Very cold enviroment and mandatory overtime
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2016
I consider myself as an awesome leader and enjoyed training people. Some of the workers were mean, rude and disrespectful. The managers were inconsiderate and ignored workers in in important circumstances.
Pros
Celebrate holidays and birthdays
Cons
One day off, short breaks
Did not enjoy working for this company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2016
Employees were overworked and underpaid. Worked 14+ hours every day. They expect you to help others but once we went to help those employees got to leave home, and they got paid more than us. They forced overtime and would get mad if you had to go home after working more than 8 hours. I did not enjoy working for this company.
do NOT work here, unless you are desperate.
Supervisor/Admin/Loader (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDApril 9, 2016
no drug test, unless you hit someone or something with a forklift. that's a pro and a con. the company and its upper management have no concern for their workers, only the bottom line. I've seen 70% of my department, including my boss get fired for no reason, only to save money. On top of that, the surviving employees have to pick up their work, while their hours are cut tremendously, all in efforts to save money. Stay away.
benefits
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE.
It was a fast paced job, great hours, good work experience.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of long shifts, cold, and wet conditions. A fast paced environment, multi-tasking, and physical labor. I learned how to build a great working habit. Also how to be a better at multi-tasking and have a faster reaction. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and early starts. The most enjoyable part was the great atmosphere with my coworkers.
Pros
good hours, good benefits
Cons
low pay, harsh conditions
productive and good workplace
picker and scanner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2016
aprendi a hacer varias tareas del hogar con mucha mas facilidad gracias a taylor e adquirido muchas experiencias ya que tuve la oportunidad de trabajar en barias lineas tienen una administracion u organizacion muy buena
Pros
cold
Great job, great boss, good jobs
worker (Current Employee) –  Pickens, SCMarch 2, 2016
Working at Taylor Farms created an appreciation for farming and helped me decide that farming was my passion for a career
Poor Management
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2016
Poor management, equipment and plant poorly maintained, extremely high stress and abusive environment, poor work life balance, pays good if your skilled at what you do.
Pros
good pay, free lunches
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
Lots to learn
Line Inspector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Work was always very busy, never left with nothing to do, Enjoyed my job, learning something new daily. Great place to work, great people!
good people who worked there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2015
perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits. ( load, pack, wrap, label, ship ) ( pick, unload, label, store )
Pros
great people
Cons
no cons
Diamond in the rough.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
A fine group of employees and a fine product line. Need to establish their identity and fine tune their processes to maintain a steady state situation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long work days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taylor Farms. Our community is ready to answer.