Taylor Morrison Employee Reviews in United States

Hostile work environment governed by fear and intimidation
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2015
This review is my personal experience and refers to the SoCal Division only..

Management is still spooked by the crash of 2008 and is hesitant to hire which means everyone is overworked. An attitude of do your best "or else" pervades the department I worked for.

Management does NOT talk to one another. Quite literally, one director will not speak to the other director in the department. This made it extremely difficult for me to get anything done. When I spoke up about it, one director created a plan of constructive discharge against me in order to get me fired. I had perfect reviews otherwise.

NO whistle blower protection. Stressful situation from day one.
Pros
Very family like atmosphere for assistants and below. We took care of each other.
Cons
Management are the dysfunctional parents
Learned a lot from my peers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
Great company to work for, the senior sales associates were all so helpful in your growth. Learned so much in the little time I worked for this company.
Engaging place to work with co-workers and clients
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLJanuary 11, 2015
I greet and register all of the clients that walk into our doors; I also assist the six sales associates on any and all requests they may have; I order all of the office and marketing supplies; help maintain the sales office and six model homes; assist the appraisers; manage any requests the homeowners may have from getting a plumber out for an emergency service to ordering their recycle bins to helping out with the mailbox keys.
The hardest part of my job is that it is a temporary position and I am looking for a full time position with a company and to be able to use my sales skills.
Amazing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2015
Lots of growth and room for opportunity! Management cares about how they can help you do your job better and will do anything to help!
Fun work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
Fun work environment but little prospect for advancement.
Pros
good people
Cons
advancement is rare
Good company to work for.
Senior Superintendent, Builder I, Builder II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2013
Good company that builds good houses. It is growing after the economic problems with the home building industry. I learned everything I know about residential construction after being with the company for almost 15 years. My co-workers were great to work with. The company is involved with the community supporting a number of charities. Some of the departments are short staffed which makes more work for the people out in the field. There is poor communication between some of the departments. Overall, a good company to work for.
Great work environment and culture
Land Development Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2014
Extremely exciting place to work. Taylor Morrison offers lot of opportunities to increase your current knowledge and branch out and learn and experience new departments.
Very productive and funplace to work.
Customer Care Manager/Director of Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 28, 2013
It was an extended family, I enjoyed working there. The people were great and organized
Pros
lots free food golf tournament
typical home builder
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
The people are great but a lot has changed in the last several months