Taylor University Employee Reviews

Great bosses to work with and learn from hands-on experience
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Upland, INOctober 10, 2014
The Media Services department runs almost every event on campus that requires video, audio, and lighting support. Hours are sporadic and there can be slow weeks followed by insanely busy ones. My fellow student co-workers were a lot of fun to work with and do all the behind-the-scenes support so that the university's events ran smoothly.
The hardest part of the job was balancing schoolwork when the workload was heavy on any given week. But I enjoyed learning about the workflow and equipment and making a lot of friends along the way.
Pros
much to learn from and helpful bosses
Cons
unbalanced work weeks with very early/late hours
Superlative place to work and area to live. Wonderful staff and faculty.
Operations Manager - Educational Technology Center (Current Employee) –  Upland, INFebruary 13, 2013
Although typical in most expectations as a management position, the place is anything but typical in atmosphere and pleasure to work. The benefits are good, with tuition for our children, and decent health care. But the culture is what drives our family commitment to the location, and the friendships and lifestyle are wonderful. Work and living are highly integrated, and personal and family involvement are encouraged, with opportunities for frequent interaction.
Pros
good living area, not expensive cost of living, good health insurance.
Cons
no room for further growth laterally or in any direction, educational opportunities and professional development not an emphasis.
Part of the Team
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJuly 16, 2013
Work centers around ensuring the satisfaction, safety, and comfort of the audience at Taylor Theatre. Meet regularly with production staff to plan productions and keep each other updated. Recruit, select, and train staff. Select, price, and order concessions to run the concession stand profitably. Direct ushering staff on-site. Fun (yet professional) audience interactions.
Pros
great support. excellent environment. able to pick my own work times.
Cons
intermittent work can be very heavy during the busiest seasons.
Productive, fun, great coworkers and managers, good pay, flexible hours
Line Runner (Former Employee) –  Upland, INNovember 23, 2014
In this job, my requirements were to fill buffet lines and make sure they were clean and full at all times. It was expected that we would take over for people who needed breaks and that we remained flexible throughout our shifts.

The coworkers and management here were always helpful and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was when my coworkers would work really slowly to get refills out to the lines.
Pros
good pay, friendly coworkers and management
Cons
slow people
Great place to work! Loving and caring people all around you.
Wengatz Hall Personnel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upland, INNovember 1, 2015
As a Personnel Assistant I am required to be present in the hall majority of the time during the week. With the help of my Co-leader, we plan activities for the floor in order to create the best possible environment for personal growth.
Pros
1-on-1 with supervisor, Flexible workplace, and great employee staff
Cons
Too much time with little pay
Very good skils taught.
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJune 15, 2012
Came in on time, but if you were a little late, then it did not matter. We called those on the phone by using a very easy computer program. The hardest part was when the program would not work. The easiest part was when we called up alumni that were ready and willing to give.
Good place to work but small town
UNIVERSITY EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Upland, INApril 18, 2012
I loved the work of my hands at Taylor - producing an award-winning magazine. I enjoyed the interviewing and writing, planning themes/future magazines, directing designers and photographers. The biggest drawback was that it was set in Upland, Indiana, (<2,000 people) in the middle of the cornfields.
Productive day tutoring/translating
Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Upland, INNovember 25, 2015
My job consisted mainly in setting up classes/times to meet with students to cover specif material.
I also helped them. and professors, translate specialized documents from Spanish to English or viceversa.
Pros
I met a lot of people
Cons
Short breaks, people sometimes show up late.
Laid back, small group work envoirment
Chemistry for Living Discussion Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJuly 3, 2013
I was in charge of leading a small group discussion for a Chemistry class at Taylor University. I would have the group discuss material given by the professor and go over any areas where they were confused.
Experience
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJuly 10, 2012
Having to work directly with clients frequently allowed me to understand how to get on the same page as them. As well as the importances of all ways giving the client a little more than promised so they come back again and again.
Great culture
Assistant Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Upland, INFebruary 11, 2014
Great leadership shown from the top to empower employees and create a culture that makes it enjoyable for all coaches and administrators to have success in the development of student athletes.
A Christian Liberal Arts College
Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, INAugust 24, 2015
I learned to grade papers and enter them on blackboard. Taylor is a liberal arts Christian private University in Upland, Indiana.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
No Benefits
TA
Biology TA (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJanuary 28, 2015
The staff is truly great to work with. They are very kind and eager to teach you. Their patience and devotion to their students is truly unmatched.I would truly recommend this experience to any student.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Upland, INOctober 14, 2013
I received a top education from this university and was provided with an excellent internship opportunity during the summer with the athletic department.
Pros
great people, lovely campus, staff is friendly
A great campus to work on
Euler Science Complex Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJanuary 6, 2015
Is a great school, enjoyed my time working there, everyone was easy to get along with and talk to.
It was very informative of a corporate surrounding and taught me a lot about work ethics and skills.
Client Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Upland, INApril 28, 2012
Great management and pay.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, INApril 16, 2012
Very structured atmosphere and great leadership. The pay was good and the training was applicable to future life experiences.
Pros
great atmosphere, great management
fun place to be
Director (Former Employee) –  Upland, INOctober 13, 2014
great school and a great work place
great ethics
the people that work there are very inspirational
Going nowhere
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Upland, INSeptember 3, 2014
Unstable work at Taylor University. No room to move up the ladder at this time.

4.3