Taylor University Employee Reviews

This is where I go to school
Sports Information Worker (Current Employee) –  Upland, INFebruary 12, 2017
I work sporting events throughout the school year. This includes running the score boards for softball/baseball games, keeping stats at basketball games, and running the PA system at soccer games. It's a good environment to work in while I'm in school.
Wonderful people to work with.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Upland, INSeptember 22, 2016
The employees themselves, in my department, were wonderful to work with. However, the faculty was much more unappreciative of our efforts to make the campus the best it could be.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Inconsiderate Faculty members
Intentional Community Atmosphere
Program Assistant, Dept of Media Comm (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJuly 12, 2016
TU is a great place to work as everyone strives to see the university and its students succeed in their educational endeavors. Efforts are made to keep the university updated with culture and technology maintaining Christ-centered morals. Campus events are opened to employees and the community.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
busy
A great work environment with wonderful people
Grounds Crew Student Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Upland, INApril 19, 2016
A common day was from 7:30 to 4:30 with two 15 minute brakes and a hour for lunch. Work could include a verity of jobs including watering plants, weeding, mowing, planting, removing trees, and stone landscaping around buildings. The people I worked with were wonderful, fun-loving men who work hard.
Pros
hour long lunch
Cons
15 min payed brakes
Don't take the job in housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  entire campusMarch 17, 2016
Lousy hours,poor pay,you have to drive your own vehicle from one building to the next to clean and in the winter it is a real problem. Start at 4:30 in the morning and it is never clear where you are working for the day. They can't keep help so the "call in" is actually 4 hours per day every day. If you were to work overtime you do not get the actual overtime pay unless you work a 40 hour week which never happens. Management can't make decisions.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Christian facility
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJanuary 15, 2016
Financial compensation was not balanced with job requirements, benefits were very good. I cannot rate this facility as I have not worked there for 18 years.
Pros
Benefits, Christian atmosphere
Cons
Lack of support from management
Productive day tutoring/translating
Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Upland, INNovember 25, 2015
My job consisted mainly in setting up classes/times to meet with students to cover specif material.
I also helped them. and professors, translate specialized documents from Spanish to English or viceversa.
Pros
I met a lot of people
Cons
Short breaks, people sometimes show up late.
Great place to work! Loving and caring people all around you.
Wengatz Hall Personnel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upland, INNovember 1, 2015
As a Personnel Assistant I am required to be present in the hall majority of the time during the week. With the help of my Co-leader, we plan activities for the floor in order to create the best possible environment for personal growth.
Pros
1-on-1 with supervisor, Flexible workplace, and great employee staff
Cons
Too much time with little pay
A Christian Liberal Arts College
Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, INAugust 24, 2015
I learned to grade papers and enter them on blackboard. Taylor is a liberal arts Christian private University in Upland, Indiana.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
No Benefits
Ta
Biology TA (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJanuary 28, 2015
The staff is truly great to work with. They are very kind and eager to teach you. Their patience and devotion to their students is truly unmatched.I would truly recommend this experience to any student.
A great campus to work on
Euler Science Complex Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJanuary 6, 2015
Is a great school, enjoyed my time working there, everyone was easy to get along with and talk to.
Productive, fun, great coworkers and managers, good pay, flexible hours
Line Runner (Former Employee) –  Upland, INNovember 23, 2014
In this job, my requirements were to fill buffet lines and make sure they were clean and full at all times. It was expected that we would take over for people who needed breaks and that we remained flexible throughout our shifts.

The coworkers and management here were always helpful and friendly.

The hardest part of the job was when my coworkers would work really slowly to get refills out to the lines.
Pros
Good pay, friendly coworkers and management
Cons
Slow people
fun place to be
Director (Former Employee) –  Upland, INOctober 13, 2014
great school and a great work place
great ethics
the people that work there are very inspirational
Great bosses to work with and learn from hands-on experience
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Upland, INOctober 10, 2014
The Media Services department runs almost every event on campus that requires video, audio, and lighting support. Hours are sporadic and there can be slow weeks followed by insanely busy ones. My fellow student co-workers were a lot of fun to work with and do all the behind-the-scenes support so that the university's events ran smoothly.
The hardest part of the job was balancing schoolwork when the workload was heavy on any given week. But I enjoyed learning about the workflow and equipment and making a lot of friends along the way.
Pros
much to learn from and helpful bosses
Cons
unbalanced work weeks with very early/late hours
Going nowhere
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Upland, INSeptember 3, 2014
Unstable work at Taylor University. No room to move up the ladder at this time.
Great culture
Assistant Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Upland, INFebruary 11, 2014
Great leadership shown from the top to empower employees and create a culture that makes it enjoyable for all coaches and administrators to have success in the development of student athletes.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Upland, INOctober 14, 2013
I received a top education from this university and was provided with an excellent internship opportunity during the summer with the athletic department.
Pros
great people, lovely campus, staff is friendly
Part of the Team
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJuly 16, 2013
Work centers around ensuring the satisfaction, safety, and comfort of the audience at Taylor Theatre. Meet regularly with production staff to plan productions and keep each other updated. Recruit, select, and train staff. Select, price, and order concessions to run the concession stand profitably. Direct ushering staff on-site. Fun (yet professional) audience interactions.
Pros
Great support. Excellent environment. Able to pick my own work times.
Cons
Intermittent work can be very heavy during the busiest seasons.
Laid back, small group work envoirment
Chemistry for Living Discussion Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Upland, INJuly 3, 2013
I was in charge of leading a small group discussion for a Chemistry class at Taylor University. I would have the group discuss material given by the professor and go over any areas where they were confused.
Superlative place to work and area to live. Wonderful staff and faculty.
Operations Manager - Educational Technology Center (Current Employee) –  Upland, INFebruary 13, 2013
Although typical in most expectations as a management position, the place is anything but typical in atmosphere and pleasure to work. The benefits are good, with tuition for our children, and decent health care. But the culture is what drives our family commitment to the location, and the friendships and lifestyle are wonderful. Work and living are highly integrated, and personal and family involvement are encouraged, with opportunities for frequent interaction.
Pros
good living area, not expensive cost of living, good health insurance.
Cons
no room for further growth laterally or in any direction, educational opportunities and professional development not an emphasis.