Functional. Fashionable. Affordable. That's what Taymor stands for. Taymor Industries designs, manufactures, and distributes Residential Doorware, Bathware, Faucets and Commercial Doorware to the construction and home improvement retail industries in North America. Taymor was founded in 1948 and is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with additional offices and distribution centers in Toronto, San Francisco, and Phoenix.
Making Your Mark
We are positioning for our next level of growth and require an experienced National Sales Manager, Builders Markets (USA) to drive our growth in this channel in the USA. The primary function of this role is to develop and implement strategic and tactical selling plans, while building strong relationships through an independent sales representative network with distributors and retailers serving the builders channel.
You are likeable, confident, and pride yourself on building authentic relationships with people. You use your deep market knowledge, ability to listen, and solid analytical skills to anticipate customer needs. You work hard to develop a keen understanding of your product offerings, and what makes them better and how best to support our independent sales representative network to achieve our corporate objectives. You have been described as handy, with strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to communicate technical features to almost anyone. You respect deadlines and plan your work to remain one step ahead. You’ve been described as strategic, organized, open minded, and creative.
Minimum Essential Qualifications & Experience
- College degree or similar post-secondary education.
- 5-7 years of management experience in technical sales.
- Willingness to travel throughout the USA and periodically to Canada offices as required. Current estimate is for one week durations occurring 3 times a month or as necessary.
- Strong understanding of builders market dynamics and builder/specifier customer requirements.
- Experience with doors and hardware in the building material industry is desired.
- Experience in managing and developing an independent sales representative network.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with customers, independent sales representatives and Company employees.
- Computer literate and solid experience with all common computer applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook). Experience with Salesforce CRM will be a plus, but can be trained.
- Contributes to the development and refinement of a business plan, sales strategy, initiatives and tactics for the USA builders channel in alignment with our corporate strategic plan that ensures attainment of Company sales and gross margin contribution targets.
- Champions the growth of sales and gross margin contribution for the Residential Doorware, Bathware, and Commercial Doorware programs into the builders channel for the Company nationally.
- Supports, facilitates, and maintains consultative relationship with key builders and customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through multiple points of contact within our organization (Marketing, Product Management, Supply Chain and Executive Management team members).
- Works with and assists cross-functional teams in building sales tools and presentations, the development of products and programs, and the execution of operational planning to optimize on time delivery and inventory management, to support our success in the builders market.
- Manages and develops our independent sales representative network in the builders channel.
- Sets and manages pricing to our builders channel.
- Creates and presents sales proposals to key customers and builders.
- Ensures accurate and up to date records of all pricing, sales proposals, customer contacts, opportunities and sales pipeline activity are maintained.
Salary Range: Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Position Location: Hayward, California, USA
Reports To: Doug McLean - Vice President, Builders Markets
This is a career opportunity you don't want to overlook.
Forward your resume for immediate and confidential consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted and we appreciate all applicant submissions.
Application Deadline: March 28, 2013.