TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

Providing Technical Support
IT Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Juno Beach, FLJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Not enough time to help our employee's with a 15 min. time limit
Providing Technical support for our Retail Stores. We learn how to deal with people and explain to them in a simple manner how to accomplish complex tasks.
Great Company
HUMAN REASOURCES ASSISTANT (TEMP) (Former Employee), palm beach gardensJuly 16, 2015
I had a really good experience here. I got to learn alot and meet some great people. However I was a temp and the company found someone to take my position.
Innovative company positioned for growth
Director, Infrastructure and Operations Delivery (Former Employee), Palm Beach GardensJune 23, 2015
Company has excellent leadership, values their employees and encourages innovation among their teams. Excellent opportunities for advancement. The company invests heavily in employee training.
Wish job was not ending.
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator - SW Region (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FL This is just home officeJune 21, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: keeping track of time compliance.
Growing company but with a change in direction to more franchise growth and closing company store operations or selling to franchise.I learned to schedule work in eficent manner. paying attention to time. – more... Day starts early planning to be at location when they open at 7am no matter where job was that day. Do service and repairs needed, write up details and send to supervisor. The thing that is most fun is learning new items or things. Being able to teach people how to do their job better. – less
Why the Grass is Not Greener
District-Area Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2015
Pros: High Salary is the Bait!
Cons: Bad ethics towards employees and customers.
Turnover rate is over 100% annually. If you have integrity and a good work ethic you do not want to work for this company. I fell for the "New Company Image" and a 25% salary increase. Very low morale – more... company wide at the store and district levels. I had an RVP that has no respect for employees and sabotaged any attempt I made to connect with my team. Once I protested the way the RVP treated and spoke to my teammates and myself, the threats started. Human resources cowers to the regional managers and do not represent the employees. Since I enjoy sleeping at night, I had no choice but to quit just under 5 months into this nightmare.

In order to eliminate the "Culture of Fear" , you must first replace Managers that intimidate and instill fear, with Leaders that are compassionate, ethical and consistent.

As they continue to loose retail managers, maybe executives will put effort into finding out who is really working for them. – less
Voted - Best Company to work for.
VP Talent Management/HR (Current Employee), Palm Beach GardensMay 28, 2015
Pros: leadership
Cons: N/A
TBC Corporation is one of the nation's largest vertically integrated marketer of tires for the automotive replacement market. The Company's retail operations include Company-operated tire and automotive – more... service centers under the " Tire Kingdom", "Merchant's Tire & Auto Centers", and "National Tire & Battery" brands, and franchised stores under the "Big O Tires" brand. TBC markets on a wholesale basis to regional tire chains and distributors serving independent tire dealers throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

It has great leadership team. – less
good work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Summerville, SCMay 21, 2015
meeting at the start of the shift streching before you do anything check out your lift your hand gun and any other equipment that you use for the day load unload stock or pick threw out the day its always work great work place the supervisors are not the best poor attitudes lack of work and unperfessional
The people and the enviroment are awesome and the skills learned are good.
VP Talent Management/HR (Current Employee), Palm Beach GardensMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Stable and growing.
Cons: many bosses... not enough leaders that inspire
TBC is a great company.
Very friendly coworkers, fun environment
However it's extremely busy. There are
many bosses... not enough leaders that inspire a team
Quit before you finish applying
Service Manager/sales (Former Employee), Glen Burnie,MDFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: they have disaster funds available if you lose your food or home
Cons: pay will decrease constantly, vacation time is useless, management only cares about drilling sales numbers, not that you maximised every possible sale.
Every 3 months the commission percentage will drop, started at 7.5% and by the end of my employement 1.5 years later, I was down to 3.45%. This happened to everyone up front. Then the hooligan antics they – more... pull, I wanted to go to College, got my managers permission and paid for classes.....what employer doesn't want a smarter more talented employee? Well they moved my work location 50 miles from home where I had always worked at the same store. I worked for 2 weeks after starting classes and then was told we have no where for you to work. When I came back to work, even further away, they said I missed the last 2 weeks of work and said my (schooling) wasn't working out. Even though the manager I reported to was expecting me to work that day when he called me 3 days prior, our boss told me that BS excuse instead of the truth. I also continually gave 4 weeks notice for vacation and for 11 months straight I tried to use it legitimately, I ended up having to use it the very last 2 weeks of the year when it was cold and my plans were many times ruined. They only care about themselves, their unrealistic goals, and that you are replaceable even when you make more money per paycheck at their scrappy commissions than the store manager who has a $30,000 higher base salary than me. I still made more money, and I lost all of it taking classes to move up in this company. My previous employer begged me to come back for 5 years, this place ruined that possibility, Mr Tire is a better company to work for and doesn't have half the tools and state of the art equipment this place has. Don't leave your job for any reasons they offer to you, apply elsewhere, only work here if your welfare is running out, or you have nothing else better to do. I can tell you so much more, but I think how they treated everyone in my store and what happened to me above, will tell you what you can expect at the least. – less
fun workplace
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: working with my co-workers
Cons: issues with communication with the field
The co-workers are wonderful. I did not know anything about Human Resources when I started. Its a wonderful environment. The most enjoyable and most difficult part of my job is assisting people find the best position in the field.
Best Job Ever
Franchise Audit & Compliance Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Large company very disconnected from employees. Loved the independence and level of trust. Good team to work with. Too many chiefs in the kitchen.
Extremely focus and dedicated team at TBC Corp.
Payroll Representative (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: the weather
Cons: na
Assist with the end of year W-2 Preparation, Processing Bi-Weekly Payroll.
Manually enter any changes into our time keeping systems.
Edit the payroll, making any correction needed.
Assist in monthly processing – more... of bonuses.
Assist with payroll deductions, adjustments, and special pay types.
Process wage attachments, Process Bi-weekly payroll reports.
Answer any questions and assist company personnel. – less
Great Company
Worker (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: executive team makes continous employee, position changes that do not always benefit the organization
Fun, fast paced atmosphere. Locations are all over the United States.
hard work and under paid
Material Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2014
This is a hard working job that don't want to pay their employee good money for working like slaves.
Large volume, fast paced
Accounting Cash Processor (Current Employee), Juno Beach, FLJune 22, 2014
TBC Corporation is a fast paced environment with a large volume of work. Accuracy & detail is essential.
Management Needs Training or Company need to fire and replace them
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2014
Pros: tire employee discount, meeting great co-workers
Cons: not paid for the work you do but by job title, bad management, health insurance not affordable, burning out employees with overtime in warehouse, hot in summer and cold in winter while loading tires all day on truck
My work day was always busy, sometimes so busy couldn't hardly get out of seat to go to lunch or leave the building. With all the acquisition and the opening of new locations, the work load was overwhelming – more... to say the least. The upper management in the office always wanted to run HR, when HR is supposed to keep the company out of trouble. The management is the warehouse pretty much did what they wanted and talked to employees how they wanted. They showed no respect for the employees and for the type of work they do everyday.I met some nice people along the way, but I think the entire management team needs some training on how to treat employees and some basic management skills, or they need to fire and hire some new ones. I learned that you have to know your worth, then move on if you feel your employer does not recognize your worth. – less
awful, slave driving
Service Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: not one
Cons: liars
by far, the worse company I have ever worked for. they don't give a hoot about you. I could go on and on. all they are worried about is the bottom line. with the way jobs are now, they know that and will take advantage of you. offer you something like $40k a year, then demand you work 55-65 hours a week. that comes out to be about $11.50 an hour. commission and bonus are a joke. be careful.
driver for 3 years
driver (Former Employee), West Palm Beach FloridaMarch 9, 2014
Pros: get of work early
Cons: management think they can treat you anyway they want
I work for warehouse 14 in west palm beach for 3 years without missing a day. I put in for a transfer and I got it but 2 weeks before I was to leave they fired me. They said it was because I took there truck in a on authorized area but I have been doing that since the 1st day I was on the job which they knew about
Fast Paced
Full-time Inventory Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, event tickets, and gear
Cons: commute, mobility
A typical day at Carroll Tire included answer phone calls and emails and operating JD Edwards software all in an effort to maintain inventory at optimal levels. I learned and enormous amount about the real inner workings of business. It was a great experience that I have applied to many other settings. The hardest part of my job was the commute.
Very very productive
Assistant (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 17, 2013
My co-workers were very nice and I enjoyed working there! I was able to learn very valuable computer techniques and office interactions.
Headquarters