TBC Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

don't believe the positive reviews - mngmt is weak and worthless
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm BeachMay 26, 2016
They make promises, they don't keep. They lie behind your back, to back stab you. You can't just do your job, politics is at full game here to save each others jobs. The new mngmt is a joke, they have no direction 4DX and can't follow thru with their own WIGS. You learn about your enemies, but you have to sell your soul to them..not worth it. The healthcare benefits, suck. You really never go on vacation. HR is a complete joke as it is run by the legal dept. conflict of interest. It is too bad that the parent company in Japan is unaware of the jokers running this place into the ground, ask the customers why they don't return.
Pros
Sunny FL.
Cons
the mngmt team
Very rewarding place to work
Senior Shipping and Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2016
TBC is an excellent company with excellent benefits. They care about their employees and will offer whatever support is needed.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
They dont care about employees. Only money.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2016
Worked at the Dallas DC for a couple years. Theres a few good bosses, some of em will work you like a slave. Dont work fast or be too efficient, they will pile on extra work in a heartbeat while you are expected to just bend over and take it. Pay is low for the amount expected of you. Nobody works together to help eachother out and if you arent careful youll get stabbed in the back real quick. Better make sure you dont get hurt on the job either, they will try to say it was your fault for getting hurt. Health insurance is pure garbage.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
worthless health insurance, low pay
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Received a lot of experience with people-skills and management. My coworkers were very helpful and I enjoyed collaborating with them.
Stay away!
contact center (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I strongly recommend staying away from this sham of a company. The management in the call center has no idea how to treat employees. They over work there employees with ridiculous work schedules and do not care about there employees what so ever. They have a ghetto male team leader, who walks around all day trying to intimidate worker's which is just simply pathetic. I could go on an on about this place, but there's no need. Do yourself a favor and bye pass this headache better known as TBC.
Cons
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Job is always on the line
service manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2015
I could go on and on about this company but ill keep it short.
First they don't care about you, all you are is just a #.
they expect everything and a lot more, they tell you that they are add more duties to your job description and you will not get a raise.
I would stay away
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No time for personal life
High Energy breakneck pace
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 3, 2015
A typical day, go once you hit the door

Learned on how to manage time

Co workers are thrown into the pool and you will sink or swim

Hardest part, being told its ok that the customers can shout profanities at you as their form of endearment.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is going home.
Pros
not sure
Cons
more than I could list
Market Leader
Product Master Coordinator Master Data (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens , FLSeptember 29, 2015
The market leader in tires and automotive component services. Some very talented people at TBC Corporation.Great room for advancement.
Organized Chaos
Back-end Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2015
It is hard to evaluate the entire company just based on my experience because other departments may operate much differently. The IT infrastructure is a mess and integrating all of the separate entities and their systems quite challenging for any company. I started with some guidance in terms of my basic responsibilities for but in terms of any new development that is when things got scrambled. The IT Manager left the company along with 2 other developers and was on my own in terms of how things were to be done. It seems like every project I was suppose to work on was canceled or redirected by the IT Director. I suppose the lesson here is to chose your company and environment carefully.
Pros
Free breakfast on payday
Cons
Poor management
solid company
SENIOR DIRECTOR - HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensSeptember 3, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Solid core values, structure and leadership team. Financially solid with an international presence.
Counter Productuctive Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensSeptember 3, 2015
The training was mediocre that's if the lap tops they provide actually work. The management of the call center works on personal emotions, rather than professionalism. There are actual "favorites" who are allowed to walk around and chat all day while others have to work to prove themselves. The pay is great to start, but that's due to the constant changes and adjustments that have to be made. Once they change management to people with more experience and respect for their employees, morale would be boosted and things would operate more smoothly. For now, there has been a high turn over.
Pros
Free lunch during training.
Cons
Management and inconsistent information
long work hours and low pay
Operator (Current Employee) –  summerville, scAugust 23, 2015
long work hours with little thought to your own personally time for non relative work activities. The pay needs to be increased for the time you give up to the job and for the hard labor you do.
Terrible place to work
Network (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 16, 2015
Middle management and politics make working there awful. Most managers wouldn't know an Ethernet cable from a phone cable, yet they are there to evaluate you and your work (and compensation). Decisions are made on vendors by how many golf outings they take decision-makers on, or how many lunches they provide. No advancement opportunities though they pay a good deal of lip-service to changing this aspect of working there. Salaries are on the lowest 10-20% of the market - they expect to replace you within a year or two since they do not review competing salaries in the marketplace. If you have a choice of working for this company, or elsewhere, do yourself a favor and choose elsewhere.
The devil works here
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 6, 2015
Management top to bottom suxs .the pay is good but the management is so stuck on pleasing the customer they forget to do there job.to much backstabbing going on this companey ranks top in the nation for bad buisness practices and unfair treatment of there employees.
Pros
Money's good for mechanics but no one else.
Cons
Watch your back everyone has a knife
Providing Technical Support
IT Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJuly 26, 2015
Providing Technical support for our Retail Stores. We learn how to deal with people and explain to them in a simple manner how to accomplish complex tasks.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Not enough time to help our employee's with a 15 min. time limit
Great Company
HUMAN REASOURCES ASSISTANT (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  palm beach gardensJuly 16, 2015
I had a really good experience here. I got to learn alot and meet some great people. However I was a temp and the company found someone to take my position.
Innovative company positioned for growth
Director, Infrastructure and Operations Delivery (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensJune 23, 2015
Company has excellent leadership, values their employees and encourages innovation among their teams. Excellent opportunities for advancement. The company invests heavily in employee training.
Wish job was not ending.
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator - SW Region (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL This is just home officeJune 21, 2015
Growing company but with a change in direction to more franchise growth and closing company store operations or selling to franchise.I learned to schedule work in eficent manner. paying attention to time. Day starts early planning to be at location when they open at 7am no matter where job was that day. Do service and repairs needed, write up details and send to supervisor. The thing that is most fun is learning new items or things. Being able to teach people how to do their job better.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
keeping track of time compliance.
Why the Grass is Not Greener
District-Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2015
Turnover rate is over 100% annually. If you have integrity and a good work ethic you do not want to work for this company. I fell for the "New Company Image" and a 25% salary increase. Very low morale company wide at the store and district levels. I had an RVP that has no respect for employees and sabotaged any attempt I made to connect with my team. Once I protested the way the RVP treated and spoke to my teammates and myself, the threats started. Human resources cowers to the regional managers and do not represent the employees. Since I enjoy sleeping at night, I had no choice but to quit just under 5 months into this nightmare.

In order to eliminate the "Culture of Fear" , you must first replace Managers that intimidate and instill fear, with Leaders that are compassionate, ethical and consistent.

As they continue to loose retail managers, maybe executives will put effort into finding out who is really working for them.
Pros
High Salary is the Bait!
Cons
Bad ethics towards employees and customers.
Voted - Best Company to work for.
VP Talent Management/HR (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach GardensMay 28, 2015
TBC Corporation is one of the nation's largest vertically integrated marketer of tires for the automotive replacement market. The Company's retail operations include Company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the " Tire Kingdom", "Merchant's Tire & Auto Centers", and "National Tire & Battery" brands, and franchised stores under the "Big O Tires" brand. TBC markets on a wholesale basis to regional tire chains and distributors serving independent tire dealers throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

It has great leadership team.
Pros
leadership
Cons
N/A

2.9