TBC Corporation

TBC Corporation United States Employee Reviews

The people and the enviroment are awesome and the skills learned are good.
VP Talent Management/HR (Current Employee), Palm Beach GardensMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Stable and growing.
Cons: many bosses... not enough leaders that inspire
TBC is a great company.
Very friendly coworkers, fun environment
However it's extremely busy. There are
many bosses... not enough leaders that inspire a team
Quit before you finish applying
Service Manager/sales (Former Employee), Glen Burnie,MDFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: they have disaster funds available if you lose your food or home
Cons: pay will decrease constantly, vacation time is useless, management only cares about drilling sales numbers, not that you maximised every possible sale.
Every 3 months the commission percentage will drop, started at 7.5% and by the end of my employement 1.5 years later, I was down to 3.45%. This happened to everyone up front. Then the hooligan antics they pull, I wanted to go to College, got my managers permission and paid for classes.....what employer doesn't want a smarter more talented employee? Well they moved my work location 50 miles from home where I had always worked at the same store. I worked for 2 weeks after starting classes and then was told we have no where for you to work. When I came back to work, even further away, they said I missed the last 2 weeks of work and said my (schooling) wasn't working out. Even though the manager I reported to was expecting me to work that day when he called me 3 days prior, our boss told me that BS excuse instead of the truth. I also continually gave 4 weeks notice for vacation and for 11 months straight I tried to use it legitimately, I ended up having to use it the very last 2 weeks of the year when it was cold and my plans were many times ruined. They only care about themselves, their unrealistic goals, and that you are replaceable even when you make more money per paycheck at their scrappy commissions than the store manager who has a $30,000 higher base salary than me. I still made more money, and I lost all of it taking classes to move up in this company. My previous employer begged me to come back for 5 years, this place ruined that possibility, Mr Tire is a better company to work for and doesn't have half the tools and state of the art equipment this place has. Don't leave your job for any reasons they offer to you, apply elsewhere, only work here if your welfare is running out, or you have nothing else better to do. I can tell you so much more, but I think how they treated everyone in my store and what happened to me above, will tell you what you can expect at the least.
fun workplace
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: working with my co-workers
Cons: issues with communication with the field
The co-workers are wonderful. I did not know anything about Human Resources when I started. Its a wonderful environment. The most enjoyable and most difficult part of my job is assisting people find the best position in the field.
Best Job Ever
Franchise Audit & Compliance Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Large company very disconnected from employees. Loved the independence and level of trust. Good team to work with. Too many chiefs in the kitchen.
Extremely focus and dedicated team at TBC Corp.
Payroll Representative (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: the weather
Cons: na
Assist with the end of year W-2 Preparation, Processing Bi-Weekly Payroll.
Manually enter any changes into our time keeping systems.
Edit the payroll, making any correction needed.
Assist in monthly processing of bonuses.
Assist with payroll deductions, adjustments, and special pay types.
Process wage attachments, Process Bi-weekly payroll reports.
Answer any questions and assist company personnel.
Great Company
Worker (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: executive team makes continous employee, position changes that do not always benefit the organization
Fun, fast paced atmosphere. Locations are all over the United States.
hard work and under paid
Material Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2014
This is a hard working job that don't want to pay their employee good money for working like slaves.
Large volume, fast paced
Accounting Cash Processor (Current Employee), Juno Beach, FLJune 22, 2014
TBC Corporation is a fast paced environment with a large volume of work. Accuracy & detail is essential.
Management Needs Training or Company need to fire and replace them
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2014
Pros: tire employee discount, meeting great co-workers
Cons: not paid for the work you do but by job title, bad management, health insurance not affordable, burning out employees with overtime in warehouse, hot in summer and cold in winter while loading tires all day on truck
My work day was always busy, sometimes so busy couldn't hardly get out of seat to go to lunch or leave the building. With all the acquisition and the opening of new locations, the work load was overwhelming to say the least. The upper management in the office always wanted to run HR, when HR is supposed to keep the company out of trouble. The management is the warehouse pretty much did what they wanted and talked to employees how they wanted. They showed no respect for the employees and for the type of work they do everyday.I met some nice people along the way, but I think the entire management team needs some training on how to treat employees and some basic management skills, or they need to fire and hire some new ones. I learned that you have to know your worth, then move on if you feel your employer does not recognize your worth.
awful, slave driving
Service Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: not one
Cons: liars
by far, the worse company I have ever worked for. they don't give a hoot about you. I could go on and on. all they are worried about is the bottom line. with the way jobs are now, they know that and will take advantage of you. offer you something like $40k a year, then demand you work 55-65 hours a week. that comes out to be about $11.50 an hour. commission and bonus are a joke. be careful.
driver for 3 years
driver (Former Employee), West Palm Beach FloridaMarch 9, 2014
Pros: get of work early
Cons: management think they can treat you anyway they want
I work for warehouse 14 in west palm beach for 3 years without missing a day. I put in for a transfer and I got it but 2 weeks before I was to leave they fired me. They said it was because I took there truck in a on authorized area but I have been doing that since the 1st day I was on the job which they knew about
Fast Paced
Full-time Inventory Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, event tickets, and gear
Cons: commute, mobility
A typical day at Carroll Tire included answer phone calls and emails and operating JD Edwards software all in an effort to maintain inventory at optimal levels. I learned and enormous amount about the real inner workings of business. It was a great experience that I have applied to many other settings. The hardest part of my job was the commute.
Very very productive
Assistant (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 17, 2013
My co-workers were very nice and I enjoyed working there! I was able to learn very valuable computer techniques and office interactions.
Great job u have to b in shape or it will get u in perfect condintion
:oad tires and unload tires also machine operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2013
Starting the day with a routine exercise,I learned that a man will push their self to the limit for his family my managers was professional and friendly i became friends with plenty of people,climbing on top of those tires and sometimes we miss our grab and land on your back but most enjoyable part was payday. Thank you
This was a good and meaniful job.
Production Artist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: short lived
My day would start at 8am and end at 5pm. I would start by either finishing an assignment or starting a new one as a Graphic Designer. I learn good people skills and how to be a professional worker. The management was friendly and firm. The hardest part of my job was coming up with new and creative ideas for the advertisements. The most enjoyable was executing and seeing the finished art work.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2013
I have 5+ years in customer service, lead a team, logistics, inbound, outbound calls, data entry, sales, receiving, unloading, inventory, stock, loading, shipping, reach truck, cherry picker, order picker, forklift operator, manufacturing, Electronics Technician. Knowledge of the oracle electronic purchasing system. Knowledge of safety procedures and proper use of PPE.
Horribale place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2013
NTB was a horrible place to work. Management would make you clock out for lunch but continue working without actually taking a lunch. Poor management would not take the time to ensure everyone got to take a lunch but insisted on making sure everyone clocked out for lunch to save face to the corporate office. This happened to me numerous times.
NEVER WORK FOR NTB
SERVICE TECH (Former Employee), WHITEHALL PAApril 9, 2013
Cons: no concern for the emplyees
I WAS A MECHCANIC THERE AND GOT A BUM DEAL. A CUSTOMER HAD A CAR WORKED ON AN AWEEK LATER HER TIRE CAME OFF AND THEIR WAS A PA INSPECTION STICKER THAT WAS DONE IN 02/2014 THE LOWER COTROL ARM BUSHINGS WERE BAD ON BOTH SIDES AND MOTOR MOUNT ON TOP BAD THIS CAR WAS JUST INSPECTED. PUT ON NEW PARTS AND CUSTOMER CAME TO PICK UP CAR COULD NOT FIND NOISES FROM CAR TOOK CUSTOMER FOR A RIDE AND STILL NO NOISE . CUSTOMER DROVE CAR FOR 200 MILES AND WHEELS STUDS BROKE. NOW I HAVE NO JOB BECAUSE OF FAULTY PARTS. BAD PLACE TO WORK. DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Estero, FLMarch 31, 2013
Pros: weekends and nights off
Cons: can get boring at times
Answer telephone and sell tires to dealers and shops in SW Florida, work with two very dependable delivery drivers. The hardest part of the job is working alone for the biggest part of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are very busy.
Forklife Operator
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Jedburg, SCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: 15 min breaks
Cons: 45 min lunch break
load and unload trucks
Performed in SAP and DATA Entry system
warehouse duties
Performed in order pulling and picking

About TBC Corporation

TBC is a big wheel in tire distribution and the Big O in tire retailing. A unit of Sumitomo Corporation of America (SCOA), it's – Read more

TBC Corporation Photos