TBC Corporation Employee Reviews

Do yourself a favor look elsewhere
Store manager (Former Employee) –  VADecember 12, 2017
If you value your family and personal time then keep looking. Initially I thought the salary and bonus would make any conditions tolerable. I was wrong, as a store manager I usually worked 60-70 hours a week. They would have conference calls and meetings which would always somehow, be on that one day off. Do the math 70k a year for a winning store, divided by 65 hours a week equals not worth it. Also, upper management threatens to replace store management daily to obtain sales goals.
Pros
401k employee discount
Cons
hours, poor management
typical day
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 9, 2017
load and unloading trucks all day. They carry tires of of kinds, stand on your feet up to 10 hrs. drive a forklift to load a truck. make sure they were stack correctly on the palte.
No work life ballance
Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 3, 2017
Long hours,poorly staffed stores,poor management. Lack of communication between higher management and employees.poor training. Stores open almost every holiday.
Pros
Pay is good if you are in a busy store
Cons
Hours, poorly staffed stores
I learned a lot
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 24, 2017
The learning experience for me, in a warehouse role, was priceless. I gained knowledge of working with a locator system, vendor returns and the importance of proper receiving.
Poor training
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  NjNovember 9, 2017
Within the one yr i was with tbc i have seen 3 distric mgrs. And 2 reginal managers. Not a place to work for if you actually know about cars. The trainers are great. However the work flow is slow they do not pay enough to have qualified knowable techs.
Pros
Bennies are good
Cons
Long hrs low pay
Readily available training and advancement opportunities
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 2, 2017
ASE training is pre-paid for us, tool programs are available for techs starting out. Company pays for Short term dis, health insurance is cheap, and the 401k match is the strongest Ive seen in the industry. Its retail and we put in some odd hours, but stay around 40-50 a week.
This company has a toxic culture that comes from the top.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 31, 2017
The most difficult part of the job at TBC is dealing with some of the senior management members that behave in an almost abusive fashion to team members. There is a culture of bullying at TBC.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment
Never again
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNOctober 30, 2017
The management doesn't care about you and your family too much favoritism been through four managers in 2 years was promised a lot more than what I've gotten so needless to say not too happy
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Hours pay management Etc
Fast Pace Workplace
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 26, 2017
A rewarding position, but provides for a poor work life balance due to long hours and hard on the body. However compensation is very fair for the work and benefits are good.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rossville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Very productive work environment
Friendly management
Good pay
Hardest part of the job are the long hours
Friendly people
Calm and fun work environment

Want to know more about TBC Corporation?

Ask a question
Great place to work if they get their act togather
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 19, 2017
I had work their for over 6 years, but dont get me wrong their were good 6 years until they sarted making wrong move after wrong moves almost sacrifice moves. I knew my job in and out but yet i was still the lowest paid supervisor on the floor it took for me to put in me two weeks notice for anyone to get a rase in pay, because alot of their staff left behind me not cause i asked but because they felt the same way as i did. Their operations process is no good. Until upper management staff stepp up and figure out their operations plan it will be the same. You can throw money at a problem but it wont fix it until you cure the root problem.
Pros
Benifit, pay, people
Cons
Long hour, upper management
Area Manager
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
Great for someone that has no life and wants to work 70 hours a week. The pay is good just you always on call an conference calls even on Sunday. You have to work Monday thru Saturday and at least 55 hours a week.
TBC was a good fast past job to work I enjoyed working there
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  4770 Hickory hill rdSeptember 27, 2017
Just stay busy and do your job and you'll have no complaints. It's a great place to work I work there for years. The manager was great and the employees was respectful
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Terrible Place
Retail supoort (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2017
This company is going under. I worked for this company as a dedicated employee for over a year with promises fr advancement and showed up to work on time every day. I was a top performer in my department and was still let go when the department was shut down. Of the 50 people in the department they kept 12 and of those twelve people four where kept only because they had relatives in the company not because they performed well at their jobs. This company will lead you on never promote and then lay off your whole department.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Company wide Lay offs of 3 departments
Productive and fast-pace work environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work consist of shipping out 25 to 30 trailers a day. I have learned different programs like SAP, Cognos, and ASW. Management could be a lot better then what it is. I love working with my co-workers, very peaceful workplace. There is no hard part of my job because I love a challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work where all your co-workers are happy to be there and everybody is ready to work.
Pros
Really nice work environment
Cons
Management and healthcare
Best job
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2017
I loved this job! I loaded tires onto trucks that came in and out of town. I had to lift all sizes of tires and enjoyed every bit of it. I made sure that the orders were out and done with everyday.
TBC Corporation
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 17, 2017
TBC Corporation is international organization. This organization is very large. It was having some culture and staffing issues in the field. There was a lack of transparency with management. That was being addressed by improving company policies and procedures.

There are some great employees working there that make the organization.
Pros
improving of their company policies and great employees
Cons
Lack of training
Poor training with no advancement opportunity
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJuly 7, 2017
IT Help Desk receives little to no training before starting. The Help Desk mainly supports two point of sale programs. Like most help desk environments, they're only concerned with how many calls you take, not fixing the actual problems. This results in a massive backlog of tickets waiting for Tier 2 analysts, which leads to end users calling back to find out why they've been awaiting resolution for several weeks.
Pros
They provide breakfast every other week
Cons
No advancement opportunity, always under threat of downsizing
Cool coworkers, inconsiderate supervisors.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Rossville, TNJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed the people at the job, the atmosphere was unmatched. Pay rate was balanced but was not enough for what the supervisor expected of you. Do expect to work longer hours without warning.
Pros
Pay is managable
Cons
Will work unexpected hours, depending on which supervisor you are stuck with.
Solid Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 22, 2017
Job Security was good in certain departments. You received paid vacations and a few personal days. Job Advancement depends on your department and who you know/connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TBC Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7