TCC- The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Tcc
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 12, 2018
they say they care about employees, but they do not there are promises that are not met managers are not properly trained, for a temporary job it may be worth it but employees are not valued and their jobs are threatened daily for not "hitting goal" when the goals are near impossible to hit
Excellent!
Sales Market Manager (DM) (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 10, 2018
Excellent company! My leadership was the best I have ever had. I come from owning my own business of 22 years and I could really bring what I had to offer to each store.
Lack of Direction and will fire you for no reason
Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Great LakesFebruary 9, 2018
This company is changing it's direction almost monthly. Every month there is a new focus, or new "pillar" they are rolling out. It's also changed the pay structure 5 times in the last 18 months and 3 times in the last 6 months. Very inconsistent.

They say "employees matter" but that's the farthest from the truth. They don't care about their employees or their personal lives. They created a schedule program that doesn't allow for adaption. "The needs of the business are more important than the employees personal life".

Stay away!!!
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Leadership, management, pay, understaffed
Don't do it .<---period
Technology Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, WAFebruary 3, 2018
At first, everything seems fantastic, then you start seeing the politics that run rampant in the management. TCC is so far separated from their customers and will not take directions from there best-selling employees. They will continuously find ways to restructure the pay scale to lower your pay a little more each time, and there is such high turnover that no one ever knows its gotten worse because the management isn't allowed to tell people they are getting screwed worse than the last person in their place. So to conclude, this company comes off as compassionate and caring, and it makes you feel that the whole COG experience is a big deal. Then once you are in that disappears, and it becomes impossible sales goals and getting pushed out if you don't hit the numbers. Heres a specific example I ran the numbers for our store the year before and we sold a total of 4 tablets store-wide that month one year prior. But they wanted the five employees to sell a total of 40 to fulfill just one qualifier on our bonuses. Eight each, not including cell phones and cases and such.
Pros
The other employees were good people
Cons
Every single thing else, literally.
Loved my job but need consistency
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 2, 2018
This company is absolutely wonderful except in the almost 2 years I've been employed the pay structure has changed 4 times and now I feel like I have no job security. The hours are also horrible with no options for a set schedule
Forever changing enviornment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 30, 2018
If you like uncertainty than this is your place. Nothing is the same from year to year. Change is inevitable is a great saying for this employer. Enter this employer without long term plans.
Pros
Many Indiana locations
Cons
To many to list
Productive and fast paced.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 29, 2018
Good management that help you grow your skills within phone sales. Depending on the location that you work at, certain skills can help you create customers that keep coming back to you! Lower foot traffic stores can help you socialize more with your customers and shine with technical experience in troubleshooting. Your customers will appreciate that. Higher foot traffic stores are great for sales and more competitive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Extremely competitive
not a good place
Verizon Wireless (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAJanuary 26, 2018
tcc is inrelioable and non trustworthy the manager was very lazy and she depended on staff to do everything along with having a bad attitude she just seemed like she didn't care about her employes
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Management & associates always complained how much they hate working there, and how much they wanted to leave. Kiosk is small. Manager is on drugs, and does not train correctly. District manager has SPRINT, but is a DM for Verizon. Joke of a company. The manager is a pig always talking about girls he can not get with. Do not waste your time.
Cons
Fun, but can be stressful
Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 16, 2018
I work in a busy location and enjoy working with my coworkers. I also have a great manager and although it can be stressful to make sure you are maintaining your goals, my mgr makes it not as stressful.
Although I am usually in the top 3 reps, there are times where I fear I may lose my job due to conversation ratios.
Pros
Coworkers, easy work, and decent pay
Cons
Stress of losing your job.
Fun place to work, good work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 14, 2018
Lots of inbound calls hourly making the time go by really quickly.

I did learn a lot about phone service, technical errors and cellular tower Ins and outs.

Management very fair always encourages growth and expanding of your career.

Culture was very diversified, people getting along like family.

Hours and shift bids were not my favorite. You could be on any shift every 6 months.

The pay and the insurance were phenomenal and allowed you to maintain a good standard of living.
Pros
No copays
Cons
Hours
Nice people, bad management.
Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 9, 2018
This company has gone down hill. Not once do they truly consider the people who work their, just the management needs so much help in getting everything to work well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, time balance and shift control.
Contact Center is horrible!
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 3, 2018
The TCC Contact Center has gone downhill ever since they changed management. The pay is unbearable and the leadership is inconsistent. This particular department needs a reevaluation. The company itself isn't bad. In fact the culture is amazing. Giving back to the community is something more companies need to do.
Pros
Culture of Good, No dress code and Catered lunches
Cons
Low pay, Management at the Corporate office and No appreciation for entry level staff.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 1, 2018
Great place to work as long as you like the people you work with. When not busy it is a very relaxed invornment but fast paced when busy. Good compensation.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, good compensation
Cons
Company can be cheap
This companies a joke!
Tech Consultant (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 24, 2017
Welcome to the hunger games everyday you walk in there your going to be stressed about the day you had before. If your job safe or not. They have minimum requirements only certain locations can hit easily. I worked in a low income town with retirement homes around every corner. Most customers we dealt with were older ladies and gents whose grandkids talked them into buying an iphone 5 from walmart just to bring it us to ask how to log into facebook or other trivial issues. My job was amazing when I started as a tech advisor I could answer tech questions and sell product that accommodated people's everyday life I got to connect and meet great customers and employees. Then with a days notice our whole pay structure was changed also minimums with the probability of termination was implemented. So they expected more sales while integrity went out the window they say they care for employees and customers but not true. They pit employees against customers if you don't sell this product that no one buys your fired. At this point I began to see employees do what corporate Verizon does and tell them about a free tablet on there account bundled in with with there phone but didn't disclose activation fees or the 20 dollar charge. Those who believe in this company are definitely brainwashed they try to make you feel good selling a screen protector worth $10 on amazon for $70 how is that caring for customers? Every tcc employee I've seen buy a phone from there tcc store (managers included) NONE has purchased the bundle why??? It's all bs!!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Job security, No integrity from corporate, No transparency
Tcc Verizon = poor decisions
Tech advisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 20, 2017
First of all, I worked in this company for a year, I was the top sales worker at the Frederick store. What started out as a awesome job and company who cares about their employee, to changing commission structure 4 times and threatening everyone’s job daily to get employees to hit goals. Managers lack professionalism and are basically just another rep who takes all the sales because managers here got their pay cut and now are only paid out on what they personally sell...Making this a stressful and competitive environment.

Customers are made to think that they get great deals but in reality managers teach their employees to “Bundle” to get customers to add new lines.
It’s all about money for this company and both employees and managers do not care about their customers nor do they care about anything other then taking your money.

Management advise: please consider who you hire as a manager.
Pros
Great until you know and been there long enough to figure out what’s going on
Cons
Changes structure and culture.
Competative Yet Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INDecember 15, 2017
TCC is an ever changing workplace. It has its ups and downs as any retail/sales position do. My manager was very understanding and genuinely cares about his employees.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Frequent changes in pay
It's a sales career
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IADecember 14, 2017
If you're good at sales this is the job for you. People are asking questions all day long and looking for a cheaper bill all the time. Be happy and social and you'll make it happen.
Great Experience
Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIDecember 9, 2017
Great culture great people great company. Simply put. I've meet my bestfriend working here. The people makes the job worth it. I love to connect with people so working with customers is a great experiences for me. The company listens to complaints and tries their best to fix whatever issue we as a whole are going through. It overall is very refreshing!
Fake leadership. Fake culture. Never satisfied.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WADecember 7, 2017
If you like having a target on your back every month or enjoy stressful work environments, this is the right place for you.
In the 1 year that I worked for TCC, they changed the pay comp 3 times. 3 TIMES! Always claiming the next change was better than the last. They say that the employees matter but we all know that's not true. Nothing was ever good enough for them. Top salesman for your store? Not good enough. If you're thinking about working here, don't. Go work for a company who doesn't see you as just a number.
Pros
Haha
Cons
Too much to write.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCC- The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9