TCF Bank Employee Reviews in United States

My view working at TCF Bank
Accountant Jr (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2016
It was very excited to work at TCF. Team work was fun and flexible working hours were one of the most enjoyable part of my job. Also, independently was admirable.
Loan Servicing Specialist
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 20, 2016
Come in and take calls and handle customer request. Was able to better understand how home mortgages function.
Tcf bank
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 16, 2016
On a typical day at TCF Bank each individual knows what their duties are for the day and plays an active role in achieving the branch's goal. Duties include balancing accounts, security testing, and meeting individual sales goals as well as the overall branch's sales goals. One of the most important things about being part of the management team is knowing how to lead by example. Although it is one of the most challenging parts of the job it is one of the most rewarding parts as well because the harder you try the harder everyone tries which makes for a wonderful working experience.
Good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2016
Seasoned Machinist wth more than 14 yeas of experience in fast-paced mail room environment. Outstanding ability and understanding of all aspects of machine operations. Reliable and quality work with the F13 including Jetvision.
Great team!
VP, Human Resources-Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 8, 2016
The team culture is the best part about working at TCF, you feel you are supported and appreciated. I would recommend this employer if you enjoy working in a team environment.
awful
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 6, 2016
this place is not worth your time do not work here they will treat you like slaves. Make sales staff do hourly work management is very perverted and unprofessional and they all get caught stealing
TCF is a great starter bank
Bank Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
Well the great part of working with TCF bank they teach you everything about your position and beyond. I started out as a teller and was taught how to balance a vault, ATM, coin balancing and cash on hand. I also meet interesting people everyday that's the best part of all.
Pros
Always learning something new.
Cons
The hours are overwhelming.
Fun place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Excelsior, MN 55331June 3, 2016
I loved working for TCF. High energy work environment. There was a lot of incentive and bounces for management. However, not a lot of incentive for lower positions
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Low pay
employment
Lead Corporate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 1, 2016
overall nice company to work for. job work life balance is great, compensation and benefits good and great management team.
Good
Senior ETL & BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 30, 2016
Work Culture is really good, and I can see full time employees getting more benefits.. I am a contractor not much explore about benefits .. :)
Ok place of employment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILMay 26, 2016
The company pay is not compettive enough. Their is a lot of favortism within the company. Opportunity to advance is almost impossible if you are not buddies with upper managment. Beaware of the favortism. They have denied positions to employees that are qualified for current positions available. It'[s an ok job for someone startign off in the banking industry but not for a long term career opportuntiy.
Tcf bank
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2016
TCF is a good place to work with solid and smart employees. As in any location, there are both positives and negatives. I am happy to call myself an employee of TCF.
A motivator to finish school
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 22, 2016
While the job itself is okay the fact that so much emphasis is put on you to sell a product instead of promoting a customers need can be tiring. You have a points goal you HAVE to reach or you'll be berated at the end of each month. There is no care for the workers too much only the branch manager and goals. The dress code is so old fashioned and strict they should just give you a uniform. There is no guarantee to get what they call part time hours (20) you'll wind up with terrible shifts example: 12:45pm to 3:330pm REAL SHIFT! While all supervisors and branch managers get forty hours. They claim they don't have the moneyu.
Very great team work
Inbound Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2016
I love the job and the hard workers and great communication skills and hardest is when you have too let the customers down
Pros
Job was very good at teaching use skils
Cons
okay
Confused Culture
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 19, 2016
Never have been so confused with an employer. Nor have I ever been told so many times to stop working so hard and to stop assisting customers. Management seems to have no knowledge of their business. Many times told directly (and I mean directly) to sound more effeminate. Astonishing! Told to speak with a feminine drawl and inflection. Asked to not answer customers needs right away. To act demur and waste time in order to gauge and potentially manipulate a customer into believing negative experiences may be positive experiences. Efficient is a pejorative at TCF and helping the customer with their needs and letting them know you're there to help them is less important than being leisurely and sympathetically torpid.
Pros
Income
Cons
Insane culture and a philosophy bordering unethical
Work is your life
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 17, 2016
I fit right in at TCF because I love to do it all! From greeting customers, opening accounts, solving difficult customer issues to being a teller with a cash drawer. TCF is a very flexible environment and that's what kept me here and loyal for so many years.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
high cost healthcare
Nice banking place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 16, 2016
Notary Public
Calendar Management
hated working here.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 11, 2016
I hated going to work everyday here. Not only did my co workers make me feel uncomfortable but the pay was horrible and i felt like i was being overworked. Ridiculous that i was expected to do personal banking and tellering while being paid the lowest on the banking chain. I do not recommend working here at least as a teller/personal banker.
Pros
good for a foot in the door at banking, bank hours
Cons
everything else.
Productive work environment
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNMay 10, 2016
Working for TCF National Bank has been quite the experience. I have learned so much about personal finances through working with TCF. I have gained a lot of valuable experience. There is also a lot of room for growth.
Great advancement opportunity
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 3, 2016
Tcf is a sales driven bank. The 90% of your job is gaining and mantaning customers and the 10% was operations. Everyday you learn something new especially in a slow branch. Slow branches are the ones that get to learn a variety of products and servises since customer volume is low and there is more time to learn and help customers. The fast paste branches on the other hand are very quantity based. New accounts and deposits and withdrawals are what you got to learn alot!
One of the hardest part of this job is dealing with upset customer with issues that are out of our hands. You do not want an upset customer. TCF view on customer service is to provide a excellent customer experience.
Overall is a great place to work. Very team oriented.
Pros
Exciting enviroment!
Cons
Out of our hands issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.