TCF Bank Employee Reviews

great company
Sales Associate/Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
typical day at work was cashing checks, cross selling and data entry and sales.i learned how to cross sell. as a teller with the help of my management i learned how to balanced the vault n to become part of the management team.
Fun place to work, pay not good
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2017
Loved the job and location in downtown. The pay was terrible and was not worth the commute. I am not sure how people can survive off of that kind of pay.
Good Internship
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2017
Internships with TCF run on a 12 week program. You are assigned a role in one of the Bank's corporate functions. The internship concludes with a presentation on a project you develop throughout the summer.
Pros
Access to other young professionals
Started off great
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Assist customers with routine account-related requests such as: funds transfers, automatic funds transfers (AFTs), stop payments, inquiries about bank deposit products and service charges, inquiries about ATM and debit card usage and limits, inquiries about checking and savings accounts transactions, inquiries about funds availability, and check verification requests by third parties.
2. Research and resolve customer problems, acting as the customer liaison between other bank departments when necessary.
3. Research customer questions regarding electronic funds transfers and initiate “Reg E” disputes when appropriate, including the completion of all necessary documents and affidavits.
4. Cross-sell bank products and services based on customer needs in accordance with the banks’ program standards.
5. Relate customer requests for service charge rebates to the assistant vice president and vice president of operations.
6. Process necessary paperwork to rebate customer service charges.
7. Verify information on ATM/debit card applications to the information in customer database. Send exceptions to personal banking counselors for corrections.
8. Update the system with messages regarding ATM/debit cards and service charge rebates.
9. Sell state license plate renewal stickers, including conducting necessary online verification.
10. Balance customer checkbooks.
11. Perform customer requested research, including printing statement and check copies.
12. Input, maintain and/ or delete ATM and debit cards within system.
Very fun staff within the branch, very dissatisfied customers because of the way the CEO runs this organization
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 9, 2017
TCF as a company needs improvement. The system is outdated, different technological advancements are not so advanced which makes it a hard day because of unsatisfied customers. The staff is very pleasant, but corporate does not seem to care for their employees (compensation, benefits), even when these branch employees are the only reason people still bank with TCF. I learned a lot about the job, ranging from federal regulations, to selling different products.
Pros
Staff, occasional free lunch, incentive
Cons
short break, weak 401(k) options, clients
Extremely high-paced
Senior Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Great place to start in the banking world. You get the opportunity to grow within the company when you gain enough knowledge
productive and fun place
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIJanuary 5, 2017
Learned a lot of management skills, Customers are great, compensation are very low, Short lunch breaks. Stressful environment daily with money management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
short lunches
Friendly people, New digs in Plymouth
Business Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
Nice place to work, flexible hours (with approval), great benefits, many opportunities to learn and grow, transportation options available (bus, car pool, or drive yourself).
Good experience
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 5, 2017
You learn how to deal with broke entitled people well and discover fraud left and right considering tcf doesnt do credit checks. They pay so low because they take so much loss on accounts. Letting some accounts get to -$1000 before closing them. Cool environment as long as youre ok with overworking and being underpaid.
Pros
Fun coworkers, learning about finances, alot of cash handling
Cons
PAY, pay, workload is pushed onto select employees, sales
Good way to get your foot in the door
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 5, 2017
The work was repetitive and not challenging. The management cared and wanted to see you grow. Great for college students that need flexible schedules.
Excellent Learning Opportunity
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2017
As an entry level fraud investigator I was able to learn much about banking regulation, internal and external credit systems and had the support I needed to become a self sufficient investigator. As I became more proficient in interpretating regulatory languange and applying it to case resolution my counsel was often sought by colleagues and quickly became an integral part of the department, participating in department meetings, workflow analysis/efficiency and streamlined application of regulation to cases that featured same or similar circumstances.
Pros
Constant and ever-changing workflow kept things interesting
Cons
Compensation packages were often lacking
productive company
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2017
Work ethic is important here. You get what you put into it and your work won't go unnoticed . Great management and opportunity to advance and grow here.
Excellent place to work
Personal Banker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2016
• Managed and supervised staff, as well as collaborated with other depart-ments within the bank.
With almost ten years of experience in management roles, excellent ability in planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and supervising complex programs and special projects, as well as delegating responsibilities as needed. outstanding capability to work with people of many different backgrounds at different levels of authority. a profound personal dedication to produce cost-effective results.
Pros
Excellent place for work
Cons
Less chalanging
Wonderful Staff
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 31, 2016
Although I was only with TCF for a short time I found their training staff to be incredibly supportive. If I was ever unsure about an element of my job they were quick to train me. I always felt confidant that I was doing my job correctly.
Good work place.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 30, 2016
Good work place. Good work culture.
Benefits may be better.
Professional management.
Good Job Work/Life balance.
Good professional relationship.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Very political
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2016
Overall, its about getting along with the right people. Gained good experiences and learned a lot during my time there. They want to change their turnover rate, while they are putting more effort into development, they also need to work on benefits and listening to their employees suggestions.
Overall great experience
Application Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 27, 2016
Overall I had a great experience. The only con is that they generally treat business changes with a layoff instead of retraining internally.
Pros
Generally great place to work
Cons
Too many layoffs.
Try to avoid if anything
Sales Associate/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2016
Management isn't really helpful and the typical day included stressful customers and situations.
There is a high turnover rate for a reason and should be wary of applying.
Great place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 18, 2016
Very nice place to work at. It really did help me build my career. My communication skills did become better because of my teller position at TCF bank.
Great Place
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Downtown minneapolisDecember 17, 2016
This is an amazing place to work. I've personally witnessed upper management take the time to ensure that a suffering employee was taken care of and supported.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.