TCF Bank Employee Reviews

TCF believed in training and growing the company from within
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIAugust 16, 2017
A typical work day at TCF was very interesting and no two days were the same. You had an opportunity to meet different people and help them with their financial needs or answer any questions that could help them now or later. I learned a lot over the 16 years I worked for TCF. The workplace culture makes you feel like family and the hardest part about the job was not being able to help your customer in all their needs. My most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my customers and offering the best customer service which in turn built trust and relationships.
Great company, good support from different teams and groups
Consultant - Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2017
Even though TCF has relatively small IT shop, the culture of the IT team of this company is great! Management is supportive and reasonable. My experience of working with all impacted teams were very good.
Pros
Good environment, supportive management
Cons
small IT shop
Slow moving good old boys club
Not specified (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 11, 2017
Outdated work environment
No flexibility
Had to report whereabouts (bathroom, copier, lunch etc)
Switchboard approach (had to have phone coverage, answer every phone, no voice mail)
TOO MUCH paper; antiquated process
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Good place if you have good management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNAugust 9, 2017
Good place to work if you are learning to get in banking industry.
Always hire for employees to travel far, good opportunities to advance if you are willing to travel
Pros
Good advance opportunities
Cons
Not enough training time
Variety of customers
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILAugust 8, 2017
It was great working here except for the customers who always blamed you for their accounts being overdrawn. However, my coworkers were always there to give a helping hand.
Answered over 200 calls daily
Customer Service Rep/ Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 8, 2017
Very good beneficial job. Pay is decent and competitive good beneficial job. Answered over 200 calls daily and converted customers from hostile to mild
the workplace culture
Retail Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 7, 2017
Its refreshing to be working with a younger with different culture people the management at the time was great person, I enjoyed leaning from them it was a great place to work
Management was very customer-focused.
EMPLOYEE BANKING PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2017
I was glad to be part of a company in which management was committed to improving the service that customers received. One of the ways they did this was by providing and promoting new products and services.
Rude
Teller (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 4, 2017
I worked for them over 15 years ago so I'm sure things have changed since then. When I worked for them the manger was not kind. She did not treat us with respect.
Amazing coworkers and advancement opportunities
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 3, 2017
I had the opportunity of having amazing coworkers that I still keep in touch and that cared for my personal well being and personal growth. The company gave you the training needed to succeed. It was a matter of you putting your mind to it.
Laid back work environment
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
Relaxed yet competitive, balanced work life. Management easily worked with all of my needs, company ensures monthly goals to keep everyone working hard.
Advancement Opportunities
Managment (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 3, 2017
Alot of advancement and learning opportunities, areas to move into and need to want to work with customers in various situations. Also hours some branches open 7 days
Stressful
Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILAugust 3, 2017
Intense sales goals which would require you to drive around from business to business to met goal. Management was very unprofessional. Open 7 days a week and every holiday besides Christmas.
Pros
Decent incentive
Cons
Open 7 days a week, including holidays. Unrealistic sales goals.
If you work with good people be a great place
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 2, 2017
TCF is pretty slow paced compared to other banks and as such your day can vary. Some days you will be helping at the teller line, creating reports, and others you will find yourself out of the branch looking for businesses to partner with and offer their employees special accounts. The only knock I have is that TCF pays its tellers and supervisors like garbage. Many incredible people and talented workers have left because TCF does not pay enough. TCF is also notorious for merging job responsibilities of multiple positions and not paying you for it. Overall though, I love TCF.
Productive and Busy place to work.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be processing checks, deposits, with-drawls, and opening accounts. Always interacting with customers and giving them the best customer service experience possible.
Very Sales Based
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 2, 2017
A sale day at TCF would have you drive your own vehicle around the city looking for sales and places to set up a table. Inside day consists of a long day of standing and depositing checks and counting cash. You would pray that everything during the day was ran correctly or you are going to have an of balance and stay late.
had every third weekend free.
Pros
Sales Experience (they pay for mileage)
Cons
Low pay
They are a bank
Teller/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 2, 2017
What more really needs to be said? You are a tool for the bottom line there, so if you make them money it all works out. Very sales oriented, but expect dissatisfied customers to be a regular thing since they aren't a good financial institution.
Pros
Good schedules, sales compensation
Cons
low average pay, kinda greedy
Fine
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILAugust 1, 2017
Fine place to work
Not a bad beginner job
Co-workers biggest plus
Dealt with a wide variety of customers/poor training structure
compensatoin could be better
Not pleased with TCF
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 26, 2017
Typical business analyst day.
Working on a large project that requires meetings, collecting requirements, etc.

The hardest part of the job is trying to resolve issues when the priority of things change all the time.
Overall friendly and competitive workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  8951 W 36th St, St Louis Park, MN 55426July 26, 2017
- Typically mornings are slow but we peak at about lunch time till 3 then it dies back down till closing at 7:30pm.
- To deal with different currencies and the importance of handling money.
- Management was very involved and made our workplace feel like a family
- We had a very diverse culture in our work environment
- No hard part
- Dealing with customers of different backgrounds and cultures
Pros
employee parties and outings
Cons
short break, and meeting quarterly goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.