TCF Bank Employee Reviews

it was a productive place to work ina and it keeps you busy
Teller (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 27, 2016
Tcf was a great and fun place with alot of room to grow and advancement. if i didnt relocate i will definitely still be working there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
part time
Advancement
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 26, 2016
Very productive and fun atmosphere to work in. We engage in customer interaction and strive to be the best. TCF promotes within. This allows co-workers to advance at a faster pace. We coach, lead by example, maintain and hit daily and monthly branch goals.
Pros
Incentive, fast advancement
Cons
Health Care
Enjoyable, and friendly coworkers.
Relationship banker (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 13, 2016
The atmosphere is very friendly, but sales driven. Management was okay, but upper management tend to put so much pressure on both branch managers and tellers. Training didn't cover all of the important things needed to know in order to operate on the first days. The company policies and procedures were all scattered, and difficult to understand. Overall I only liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Overtime, relaxed atmosphere, mostly friendly coworkers.
Cons
Upper management, Horrible training, no benefits, very low wages.
Fun and educational place to work with quick advancement
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNJanuary 7, 2016
I like TCF Bank. The people I work with are great and show great initiative in training new employees. Everyday I learn something new and I apply it not only to the job, but my future career. The hardest part about working is when management is not in one accord with each other. Someone may tell me something and then another manager may say that's the wrong way to do a particular task. I enjoy coming to work each day and helping customers with their transactions. This in part assures that they are not only a customer but we are building life long relationships.
Productive and great place to work
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 23, 2015
This position helped me adapt to the operations of the banking environment internally and assist with the responsibility of the operations teams that handles processing of banks transactions. This was a fun and exciting job to have I enjoyed working on a team as well as working alone and I enjoyed the team meetings and supportive management that was there to help move us along in this fast pace environment.
Pros
No mico management
Giant Bank
Lead Teller/Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 20, 2015
. Assist clients with account transactions as well as uncovering additional needs and/or services.
• Build strong relationships with all clients.
• Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and cash limits within the branch.
• Promote activities within the branch to emphasis teamwork and promote branch goals.
• Adhere to compliance and security regulations.
No thanks
Teller/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, ILDecember 18, 2015
Unrealistic quotas for certain bank locations and most management was less than satisfying to work for. Supervisors were uninterested in training employees and often times were too busy socializing and messing around to help their staff.
I ran a teller drawer, worked on the savings side, provided approvals for transactions over teller limit, customer service, open accounts, etc
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILDecember 2, 2015
This company was like that of any other company the people you work with becomes family. Customer service and personal banking orientated.
Call Center
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 29, 2015
They have unrealistic exceptions from quality. They always find mistakes in your calls, receiving a 100% from quality is basically unheard of. It's very discouraging.
Gain Experience and Get Out
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 23, 2015
You do not need any minimum experience or knowledge when you apply for the position they will hire anyone. The company is trying to catch up with larger established banks and they are just throwing money away which causes many hours to be eliminated for all part-time employees. And the only positions available are part time positions.

The company is based on 'The Customer First" but there are so many fees that they charge customers that cannot be explained by the manager, training staff, or supervisors it is ridiculous. You have to basically tell the customer, "you were charged $$$ and we can't reverse them, but you can call customer service to see if they could help you." And I will not even start about how un-helpful and unknowledgeable customer service representatives are even when the employees have to call them, so I know the customers pain.
Pros
Will help resume when stating you worked previously at a bank
Cons
No promotions, low pay for a bank, uninformed company
Fun and fast paced.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MINovember 19, 2015
I started off as a teller and eventually started opening accounts. It was a great way to build my customer service skills and I learned a lot more about how the banking system works.
Pros
Spent a lot of time out of the bank and with management at off sites to build clientele.
Fun Work Place
Teller/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 17, 2015
Tcf is a great company to work for the management is great they will try their hardest to work with you. Down side is they do not pay their workers very well.
Great Company
Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2015
TCF Bank is a great company to work for because of the opportunities that they offer their employees. It is a fun and comfortable work atmosphere.
Good culture and management but exhausting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNNovember 12, 2015
Management and communication in the company were good, but it was too stressful being verbally abused all day by angry customers and having to abide by the golden rule that the customer is always right. Apologizing for company fees and rules daily became exhausting.
Pros
Good management and employee appreciation
Professional Banking
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2015
TCF is a fast paced and results driven bank. TCF has a good career plan for the majority of their employees. Excellent place to learn about banking and grow into other more challenging positions.
Fast pace productive learning environment
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2015
Great Learning
Forest Lake - Banking Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNNovember 3, 2015
Successfully completed all American Banking Association required classes and on going training.
Have a won awards or contests for the sales goals the past 6 months.
Continually meets or exceeds performance goals on a monthly basis.
Have been chosen, because of my excellent record of accurate balancing of daily receipts, customer care and exceeding sales goals, to represent the branch at the quarterly regional meeting which brainstorms solutions to improve the work environment and the customer experience on a daily basis.
Mail Handling incoming and outgoing mail, multi phone line system, operating general office equipment as well as sorting and filing the previous days transactions papers in accordance with the American Banking Association and TCF policies .
In addition to my teller responsibilities I enjoy being a customer service repressive, helping find the best solutions for customer needs. Opening accounts, explaining overdrafts, sending wires domestic and international, and the printing for official checks and money orders, is all apart of many daily responsibilities.
LOVED it!
Branch supervisor In Forest Lake MN (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNNovember 3, 2015
Hours and once being a 7 day a week bank was hard.
some employees I worked with were very rude. I was able to get promoted very quickly. Pay is very low.
Other the that I really enjoyed my 2 yrs with the company!
great work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
this bussiness was a great place to work, they made you want more, and made people driven to complete work on time and be best at everything.
Enjoyable place to work at
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNOctober 26, 2015
Already mentioned in other area. I really enjoy working here because of the people I work with and service.

Selling product
Working with customers
Working alone as well as in a team
Pros
Customer service, working wit hpeople, problem solving, etc.