TCF Bank Employee Reviews

Very Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILFebruary 23, 2017
worked in customer service department speaking with customers regarding bank account's an monitoring banking activity
Pros
overtime
Cons
Temporary position
Small staff with no clear vision
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 20, 2017
Company is in the middle of an identity crisis. It has changed the way that it wants it employees to promote products and the type of clients it wants to attract however upper management has no clear vision as to how to reach the goals that they have set leaving confusion and disorder at the branch level.
Great employees
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 19, 2017
It's a job that could help with getting experience In a different type of call center setting. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learning how different areas.
Productive and fast workplace with a lot of potential for growth
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Great starting job to get experience. Work with all schedules. High possibilities for advancement. Depending on the location, there will be plenty of traffic or extremely slow. A lot of repeat customers. The hardest part of the job would be all the multi-tasking that is associated with the job. Every teller is expected to know almost all the processes of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers. Management is strong and truly care about their employees and customers. Through this job I learned many important skills that include strong customer service skills and cash handling among many other valuable assets.
Pros
wrok with all schedules
Cons
work holidays and weekends extended hours
good experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILFebruary 17, 2017
learned a lot from co workers, it was great experience. I also learned a lot about customer service and operations. most enjoyable part was being able to help my customers, and the unity of the branch.
Interesting
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2017
I work in a fast paced environment where time management is very important, in order to do my job properly one must learn how to manage their time, and know how to relate to the customers. The best part of the job is assisting customers and meeting people of diverse background.
Pros
Meeting people
It was okay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 15, 2017
it was okay, while I was there it was very focused on promoting and selling of the product tcf offered. Management was very strike. I would complement their compensation plans however.
Teller
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here as well. At times miss working at the bank. Got a better job offer and had to move on. Worked Monday -Saturday
Very laid back.
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Works with employees to fit busy schedule very laid back and great incentives. Promotes within the company and pays employees very well.
Pros
Free lunches and expense gas
Fast-pace workplace environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2017
I worked/started at the TCF call center located in Minneapolis downtown. However, we moved up to Brooklyn Center over the time.
I was working as a customer service representative 32 to 40 hours a week dealing with inbound calls for the most part.

I learned about all the tricks that takes have a positive checking account as well as the benefits that you could use if balancing properly your funds.

Management was very meticulous about the way we would address any customer's issue in a very prompt way. I guess the hardest part of this job was calming down someone who had 2-3 overdraft fees added to their checking account.

The most enjoyable part of this job was when resolving quickly and efficiently all the customer's concerns. Besides, being asked to provide the supervisor phone number or email to give them a positive review of your excellent customer service skills.
Pros
Very Flexible work environment if you were a student
Cons
working in a cubicle long-hours can eventually make uncomfortable with your voice and low back
good working environment for employees
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2017
company is focused on the banking consumer and customer focused to deliver the best experience from online and in bank services.
Pros
NONE
very goal oriented
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  4042 w fosterFebruary 7, 2017
Was not a bad company to start your banking experience in. Would not recommend staying permanently. People who work for TCF are often great however the company is unappreciative. Some opportunities to move up were great however there are times they look past the people who work hard.
Loved the costumers and the ability to allways learn
Teller (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILFebruary 6, 2017
I was in charge of cash handling, deposits, withdrawal, & referring loans along with opening a new account. The job was normally very calm and not stressful but constantly made you learn and do things you never thought you could do. My favorite part was Customer service and learning things about people and making a connection. The negative aspect was the manager that was in charge had no back bone and when it came down to it he would bend the rules but the fold when it came down to management. Overall I enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
Costumer service experiance, My coworkers, & learning new computer skills
Cons
The manager and it wasnt full time
Nine
Teller/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Fast pace atmosphere, gained knowledge and accuracy. I also Loved interacting with others on a daily basis and handling money and deposit/withdrawal transactions
Work place that allows you to gain experience
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
I learned how to be a successful banker working at TCF, while also learning what it means to actually bank. A typical day of work consists of assisting customers with any need as well as offering products beneficial to them. Learning something new everyday is what makes it exciting because you learn something that you didn't know the day before whether it be from the customer or colleague.
Enjoyable job made you happy to work for TCF
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 29, 2017
our activities would include auditing, ensuring compliance both federal and state are met, deposits and withdrawals on checking, CD's savings accounts.
Great experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 25, 2017
This was the first time i have ever worked in a bank and it was awesome. I loved the people that i worked with, they were really friendly and enjoyable to be around.
Full of energy
BANK REPRESENTATIVE FOR NEW ACCOUNTS (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 24, 2017
Working with my customers were a joy. I loved helping them with any banking issues they may of had and also helping them choose the right account for their needs.
Pros
Free checks
Cons
Hard to advance
Good
Problem Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 19, 2017
This is a friendly company to work with. Great people, great atmosphere, and room to grow. Company focuses strongly on quality customer service. I walked away with a lot of experience under my belt.
great company
Sales Associate/Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
typical day at work was cashing checks, cross selling and data entry and sales.i learned how to cross sell. as a teller with the help of my management i learned how to balanced the vault n to become part of the management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCF Bank. Our community is ready to answer.