TCW Employee Reviews

Terrible Company Very Racist
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2017
Be careful working for these guys they are very racist i used to work there a few years back and there still the same be very careful this is a inexperienced company for any blacks and for whites with good experience you will be pushed to do to much for such little pay the terminal manager is a drunk he got whats coming to him be careful guys
Cons
Racists
its alright
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 31, 2017
Not a good compony for stepping up the ladder they are not fair only to the tcs only a few people are ok very unfair not very nice .did not excel in the job
Great Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 8, 2016
This is a great company. Their benefits are way too expensive. That is the only reason I left. You're home daily. Great equipment!
Pros
Pay, home daily
Benefits
Internship Experience
Derivative Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2015
As only an intern, I was given insight into many of the departments, and was able to expand my academic knowledge greatly. The employees are very friendly, and willing to advise and guide the interns!
The work I completed there felt as if it was actually useful and not just "busy work" that would be ignored once I left. It was a great experience, and it has definitely prepared me for a full-time job in the finance industry.
Job
Senior Analyst / System Admin (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2014
Its a job and thats about all that I can say. They are watching me.
accuracy in billing,pod's, client relations
Billing Coordinator/operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2013
Thoroughly loved my position and speaking with clients on a regular basis. Formed friendships over the years Family oriented work environment. Co workers were best part of the job.
Pros
bonuses were given quarterly and based on work achievements
Cons
laid off
Great culture and rewarding place to work
Summer Associate, Corporate Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2013
I completed a summer internship at TCW so my experience is a bit unique from that of my full-time counterparts within the company. TCW is a wonderful place to work. The culture is conservative and very professional, a favorable work environment to "locker-room" or other aggressive office climates. The most enjoyable part of my summer role was my interaction with the executive management team as it contemplated strategic acquisitions for its business and a management buyout alongside the Carlyle Group that the company announced in August 2012.
Pros
Location, culture
Challenging and creative work environment
Associate Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
It was a great experience during the 5 years at TCW. I was able to learn much, much more than magazine editing. I was challenged every day with numerous projects and deadlines.
It was a good side job
COURIER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2012
It was a good side job . It was easy and fund driving on a route during night time for a few hours .
Pros
short hours
Cons
got wet some times when rained.
Driver Appreciation Week was enjoyable. Company had various Holiday dinners throughout the year.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2012
Worked hauling containers to various companies and rail depots. Long hours consisting of 10 to 12 hours depending on distance of runs ; also hauling 53' trailer containing special assigned goods on designated days of week.

Learned to use PeopleNet for Dispatch and log on all runs.

Hardest part of job was dealing with hauling containers with constant work I had to preform on the container to ready it for next location.

Most enjoyable was receiving ATA President's Award for fleet safety while with TCW.
Pros
home daily
Cons
dealing with containers in general.
Interesting place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2012
Many good people to work with and a challenging and restricted work environment,
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
bias ply tires, neglected chassis, slow trucks