TD Ameritrade Employee Reviews

easy going
Coordinator Team-Lead GSOC (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2017
everyone I worked with was easy going always wiling to answer any question and always had an open door policy. The workplace culture was one i could see myself retire at.
Great place to learn and grow
Senior Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2017
This company allowed me to come in as an entry level financial rep and move to management and then to training in a relatively short amount of time. The people are willing to help each other to learn new things by sharing what they know, and there is a great work-life balance.
great company to work for
Senior Workflow Developer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 12, 2017
great work life balance, good benefits, understanding culture. mentor ship, learn new skills, merit based advancement, excellent management. woud love to join again.
Loved this job!
SR. RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work! Spent the majority of my brokerage career there and for the most part I was very happy. The work was fast paced and fair, the people good. Id go back in a heart beat!
N/a
Business Development Specialist Thinkorswim (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 8, 2017
High stress environment. The co-workers are awesome. The products are awesome. TD Ameritrade is by far the best and largest online brokerage firm in the US but they have so many clients the phones stay ringing. God help you if something goes wrong in the markets. lol.
Very good place if people want peace
BA/QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 4, 2017
Fast-paced environment. Friendly coworkers, interesting projects. But far from end user's interaction. Wanted to be more on the customer facing side discovering use cases.
Pros
relaxed, quiet
Cons
no insurance, no pto(for contractors)
Really nice workplace but a few downfalls
Product Risk Oversight Specialist (Current Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 2, 2017
Lovely facility, nice perks, great work culture. However, advancement and pay is limited.
They have a great cafe, decent gym, baksetball/volleyball courts and offer gym/tuition reimbursement.
Lack of consistent leadership
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
PMO Director is pretty much "blue sky" - can talk endlessly about high level values and objectives but has no idea how to apply those ideas to a functioning PMO. Pretty much an airhead.
Pros
Compensation, paid days off
best place to work
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia,MDOctober 1, 2017
simply best place to work & socialize in my experience .

Trying to compete with big company as it still grows.

management always want to explore new technology so we can deliver better experience to our clients .
Challenging, Micro Managing place to work
Recruiter/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2017
Recruiting for TD Ameritrade was a challenge due to the system they have in place. They are installing a new system at this time which should make things better.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Lack of good management
Great Company
Incoming Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work for. I was hired by a staffing agency and eventually made my way in as a full time employee. Co-workers were great and the company was excellent.
Pros
Great work team
Its a good company
Client Service Representative/Broker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2017
Its a good company. I would stay, but I am looking to move to go to be close to my girlfriend, and there are a lot of opportunities to move up, and I would recommend it,
Ordinary but nice
Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 23, 2017
My Client seemed to be the only one in management who was backing me up on my project. Higher management was not interested in my project.
I see companies such as RobinHood offering free trading on line. We had to keep lowering prices to compete. My guess is they are going to continue doing things old fashioned ways to stay in business. The other workers were nice people and I hope that the company does well after the Scott Trade buyout.
Pros
not too stressful. Everyone was respectful and professional
Cons
You need to learn their existing setup and maybe not valuable outside
Mutual Fund Associate, Control Department (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 22, 2017
What I learned was that an employer supporting advanced education allows for an employee to obtain degrees. I was able to complete a full-time MBA program while working at TD Ameritrade.
a day in the life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 14, 2017
Depending on the time of year, could be very fast paced or slow. Learned most of the ins and outs of the securities business. Many management changes, great co-workers. Micro managed way too much. Leaving at the end of the day!
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
micro managed
fun place to work
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 12, 2017
The hardest part of the job is of working on new technology which was released recently and more over on top of that the project am working on is actually a proof of concept we made it delivered at the desired time.
Retail Investment Sales
Senior Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2017
Typical retail investment sales position. Assigned a book of clients. Job is to call them and try to sell them more investments. Also supposed to keep the clients happy and retain their business.
Poor culture
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Very poor culture, despite all of their claims. The company claims to have a "family" environment. Do not believe their words. Management and HR are some of the worst in America.
Pros
Flexible hours
Company
Financial Rep Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Great Company to work for in financial industry. Great culture and people. One of the biggest financial firms in U.S.A. Lots of fun and a lot you can learn on the job.
Good work/life balance
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 31, 2017
Good managers, good teams, but the pay and benefits are not as competitive as one might expect from a large company. The building itself is pretty bare-bones without a workout station. Teams are just turning Agile so the methodologies are in development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Ameritrade. Our community is ready to answer.