TD Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,072 reviews matching the search
Great place to work if you plan on having a career in the banking industry.
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2017
The company itself is fantastic. Great PTO, benefits for part-time employees, advancement opportunities, etc. The company really makes an effort to make its employees feel important and valued. The atmosphere in the stores, though, is usually negative. Too many egos, attitudes, and not enough people willing to help out the "team." Management does nothing to fix issues between employees. I'm not sure how it is in other departments, but customer-facing roles are hard enough without the added stress of bad management and coworkers not being team players with no reprimands. I'd absolutely love to stay with this company, but my store is making me want to leave TD Bank behind for good.
Pros
Benefits for part-time employees, advancement opportunities, company is like family (for the most part)
Cons
No reprimands for poor behavior, management is not the best, no support when it comes to complaints within the store
Greenville, sc call center favoritism
Bilingual Banking Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2017
FAVORITISM! Promotions go to friends regardless if someone else is more qualified. Manager and HR best friend pushed to get me fired for missing time for known domestic violence situation. Great recognition and awards for high performers. Not enough ongoing training. The Greenville, SC call center building is nice and you get complimentary on-site gym membership. They also have vending machines with fresh food you can buy for lunch. Very hard to change your schedule hours once you're hired. Business dress code strictly enforced. You aren't required to wear green on Fridays or purple on Wednesdays, but your evaluations include a section for "Culture", meaning that not dressing up in green for Green Fridays can disqualify you from awards or new job positions. Very difficult to move from call center to local branch.
Pros
free onsite gym, travel & rewards for high performers
Cons
poor job security, favoritism, retaliating managers, hours
The backoffice operations positions were relocated out of VT
Business Unit Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJune 28, 2017
I worked in the bank operations area in VT beginning in the late 90's . After many years of M&A's, the company grew to an international bank and many operations postions were moved out of state and country.
Great Company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, NYJune 27, 2017
Great company with a lot of growth potential from within. promotes employees to be their best by offering good benefits and classes to aid with growth with the company. Good pay and work hours provided.
Pros
Programs offered to help employee suceed and exceed their potentials.
Cons
Open 7 days A Week
Great place to work with
Full Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 27, 2017
TD Bank is a fantastic company to work for there are such a driven company and really do care for their employees. The benefits are fantastic and the work environment is perfect.
Great people. Great work. Great time. Make connections.
BANK TELLER II (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAJune 27, 2017
Great place to work while in college. I was able to be worked with and the flexibility was unreal. I had very little issue balancing both work and school because of our banking hours.
Pros
the workers personalities, can make many connections and network
Cons
pay.
Great Company with amazing opportunities !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I was a Customer Service Rep. at TD Bank for almost a year. My branch location was in New York City on W 62nd & Broadway. Due to re-locating back to my home state, CT, I unfortunately had to make a VERY difficult decision to leave the company. Over all, from my first day to the very last hour at TD, I never felt as fulfilled in any other position than with this company. The training and patience they have is outstanding and human-friendly. There are so many opportunities to grow within this company and also network!
These guys got it right
Banking Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 25, 2017
Though i was here only a brief time, they left a lasting impression on how a business and a bank should be run. They are generous with training, do not put you on the spot if you are not ready good vibes all around
Decent company, not worth the stress
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAJune 23, 2017
While I really liked TDs ethics and all the fun things that they do both for customers and the community, depending on management this can be the worst job ever. I am very easy going and able to get along with most but I was literally bullied as an adult at work, and instead of dealing with the situation they swept it under the rug. Not only was this person a bully to me but also customers, once I saw that I quit, I can cosign that kind of behavior.
great people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 23, 2017
Easy going staff and customers. I enjoyed al the little wow points and items given away. The management is very willing and supportive. Hardest part is dealing with the over abundance f fees charged.
Pros
Cons
long hours open
fun place to work
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  lexington, SCJune 23, 2017
A steady workday, have tools needed to do job. Employee appreciation week is always nice. I have become very knowledgeable in processing and underwriting duties and requirements.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
not much overtime
amazing place to work that
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hazlet, NJJune 22, 2017
TD bank is a really nice and fun place to work. people i've worked with are amazing. you have so much fun here. you have parties and nice gifts. they pay really good too
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 21, 2017
The bank culture has taught me a lot. For banks to thrive both products and service delivery must be aligned with the customer expectations. Achieving customer satisfaction and loyalty is essential for long term survival. Every time you fix a problem or productive with your team and customer you feel important, as if you're are needed. I've grown as person and as a team player.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Compensation
Cool
Bank Teller (Seasonal Work) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
First time actually working in the bank. Met a few good people and i also appreciated the laid back environment. Was a lot different than what i was used to.
Stressful environment and bosses but great pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 19, 2017
I loved working for TD bank until our management was asked to play a bigger role. When your manager tries to help but is uneducated on what she is trying to help you with can make things very stressful. The job paid great but it was a lot to handle because of management.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
bad management stressful sales goals
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Roads, MDJune 19, 2017
TD Bank slowed you to grow with your customer.
As a customer service representative, I went above and beyond the call of duty to please my customers financial
A wonderful company to work for
Head Teller/Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 18, 2017
A typical day would consist of making sure the branch was secure in order for the employees to come in and start the day. We would have to audit the vaults and the TCR machines. I would have each morning teller come and secure their cash drawer. We would open the drive through of the bank at 8am and the office part of the branch at 9am. Through out the day we would have to audit the vaults, TCR machines, Penney machines and teller cash drawers. Prepare the cash shipment for pick up along with receive and verify the new cash shipment. The main thing was customer service, customer service, customer service.
Pros
Team work, always room for advancement
Cons
Some times the job takes you away from your family but that comes with the job.
Many opportunities for recognition and advancement.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2017
TD Bank has been an extraordinary place to work, with a great environment that is dedicated to providing the best possible service to its clients as well as a greta place to work for its employees. There are many opportunities to grow and develop your career.
Very positive work environment.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 16, 2017
MyTD Bank location had a very positive work environment and they went out of their way to make the customer happy. They also offered health insurance and paid time off to the part-timers, which was great.
Pros
Competitive pay, health Insurance for part-timers.
Cons
20 hours a week.
I mean. . . . . it's a call center soooo
Banking Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 16, 2017
It's an office place, honestly. The customers are terrible, and the systems gave us trouble more often than not, but most of the managers were nice so that's a plus. Lots of room for advancement, but really only if you were good at selling their product, so that was a bit of a bummer.