TD Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,618 reviews matching the search
Great Forward-Thinking Company
Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 7, 2016
I don't find any part of my job "hard". I enjoy what I do and who I work for and genuinely like the people I work with. If I "had" to indicate what was hardest, I would have to say the commute.

TD Bank is very forward-thinking and hires people with those same values and principles necessary in today's world. From numerous clubs and committees within the bank accommodating all types lifestyles to simply providing laptops instead of desktops to it's employees and offering more work-life balance, TD's culture is absolutely one that other companies should strive to model after.

Generally speaking, I organize three Executive calendars, answer 5 phone lines, make travel arrangements for 5 Managers when necessary, schedule and organize meetings and plan events, among other things. The most enjoyable part would definitely be event planning because I feel more of an accomplishment when finished and I enjoy working with other people on the event projects involved.
Pros
Laptops, work from home availability, choice of company cell phones or using your own, PTO vs. sick days/vacation/holidays
Cons
Branches open 7 days a week, no weekends off if you work in a branch. Not a lot of advancement unless you are in Sales.
Very Customer Oriented
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 19, 2016
The customer is always right. This is true and a core belief of mine to be successful in any field of finance. The company does have the clients best interest in mind however they do not provide the management staff the support and tools to administer this. The branches are not staffed to support the long hours and customer service demands of this industry. Long hours and convenience are what set TD apart from the crowd but without the manpower to properly administer this it is mostly an uphill battle to meet customer service benchmarks. The thing that would make this a truly exceptional institution would be to reanalyze the core values of the company and properly facilitate this.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, many locations for advancement
Cons
Staffing, Pay
Should Of ! Could Of ! Would Have ?
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  SCDecember 30, 2015
A typical day: At TD bank is you walking in wondering what mood your co workers are in and will they greet you with a hello. Then you push that aside and you start your day doing what you where hired for.

What you learn: Not much unless you are one of the chosen one.!!! You need to be a favorite to the management.

Management: Well.... should of, could of, would of !!!!!!!

You co-workers: 93% A+++++

The Hardest part of the job: Dealing with, Listening to the same favoritism stuff over and over about the special chosen. And being past over for advancement. And Your Management not having your back. Working without a RAISE..

The most enjoyable part of my job: My relationship that I have developed with my customers.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good..
Cons
Very short handed...Salary.. Not organized.. Poor structure... NEEDS A FLOATING TEAM!!!!!!!!!!
Great Place to work, good environment
Senior C.S.R (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NJApril 3, 2016
Learned strong customer service skills
Supportive management
Great co-workers, like a family
Good benefits

Hardest part of the job? The hours

Most enjoyable: interactions with people/public in a daily basis
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, Weekends/Holidays
Certainly not bad....
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYFebruary 18, 2016
I wouldnt recommend it simply to anyone who has kids or prefers to have an equal work and life balance. You are always getting called in if someone calls out or cant show up that day - It almost feels like I am on call. On top of that, the hours are not regular banking hours, so you are here a lot longer than a normal teller. M-W you can get a shift at 7:15 am / 8:15 am / 11:30 am / 12:00 pm and lasts until 5 or 6 pm. T-F you can get the same shifts or 1:00 pm and it can last until 5 / 6 / 8:30 pm. You are here 8-4 on Saturdays and 11-3 on Sundays.

They are not happy to be flexible with your scheduling hours if you are a student or have a second job. Part timers are meant to work T-Sunday. If you have open availability, expect to be scheduled everyday....

These are only a few reasons..

Good luck.
Pros
Pays quite well, Medical, Dental, and 401k benefits & more whether PT or FT, Company is LGBT friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer
Cons
Short breaks, No work/life balance, easily replaceable positions, dont complain about a coworker to HR because it's not kept anonymous or confidential
Great place to work, little work/life balance
Talent Acquisition Recruiter/Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 3, 2015
TD is an excellent company to work for in back-office community. Benefits are above average for medium-large companies. Management encourages growth and development and has open conversations about this with you. Due to re-organizations however work/life balance has become rather challenging. The work has been spread across less employees, leading to 60 hour work weeks, with very high demand. Though TD is a great company and place and learning and growth opportunities abound, it is hard to see the 'light at the end' while the demand is increased on current employees.
Outstanding place to work.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2015
Typical day of long hours, long lines, meeting different people daily and exceeding expectations. Helped me to advance in the banking industry. I learned about the products and how to sale the products that we offered. The management team was brilliant. I had the best co-workers that became like family. The hardest part of the job was feeling like I did not WOW a customer by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made banking for someone more easier.
Pros
Treated Equally as full time employee with pto, benifits, etc. More holidays off than in previous years
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Good work/life balance, other things lacking
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJMarch 15, 2016
Good work life balance, promotional paths difficult to find. Slow moving culture as is typical at must banks. Overall a good place but not long term
Great products and services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 24, 2016
Very great customer service for the clients. I learned to sell mortgages and process loans for clients. Management was so so for the most part. Worked close with my co-workers and was able to provide my knowledge to many of the company employees. Pushing products on the clients when I knew it wasn't in their best interest to please some of the area goals for the managers. I will say the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to go above and beyond for my clients and win their trust and friendships.
Pros
Lunch hours, great products, and staff members.
Cons
Product pushing. No time build a relationship unless they have money.
Fast paced, goal oriented work environment.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2015
A typical work day as a Supervisor at TD involves handling customer inquires and issues alongside managing branch staff. In addition to these tasks, you must meet your sales goals as well as meeting the company's expections of Legendary customer service.

Working as a Team with the rest of my management staff and co-workers is great as we function as a hard working family.

The most difficult part of the job are the long hours and the fact that the bank is open 7 days a week. It leaves little time for family life. Also lunchs are rarely uninterupted, leaving no real break from work.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
As a member of management, lunches are rarely uninterupted and work hours are long.

Want to know more about TD Bank?

Ask a question
TD Bank- Senior CSR
Senior Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
I am currently a Senior Customer Service Representative and have been in banking for 7 years. I have grown in the TD culture over the past 3 years of being with the company. I have my NMLS to speak about mortgages and home equity products. I can do notaries for the Washington D.C. area. I work on the platform so I help people open accounts or speak to them about any needs they have regarding their accounts. I also work to do personal loans and credit cards. I am the bank at work champion, meaning I go to speak with employers about the opportunities TD can offer. I am trained in Financial Literacy to go speak about financial education to both kids and adults. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able change the perspective of banking and helping people save money and get them in a better financial situation. The worst part is dealing with customers who don't want help or don't take the time to listen on ways to improve their finances.
Very flexible with schooling and great work environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAMarch 6, 2016
Great for those who school. If you are under the proper management, you will enjoy your time at TD Bank. Their culture is very lively and positive
Pros
Flexibility for those that school
Better then expected
Banking Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 26, 2015
Work life is pretty relax as long as you meet your goals.
Room for advancement.
Great coworkers.
Management overall is great (every job has a bad apple here and there).
Flexible hrs.
Pros
flexibility. coworkers. advancement very obtainable.
Cons
short breaks. support not as obtainable as before due to "re-structuring".
Wonderful Culture & Opportunity for Advancement
FSR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
Great environment and culture that supports life/balance work and community. The culture provides the customers with an inviting and warm environment and builds customer trust. Self-led education program that allows employees to take enrichment courses to build and expand knowledge base. The only hang up is with management. There tends to a be camaraderie between management in the upper echelon that prevents issues from escalating as they should. Personal feelings & popularity often restricts well deserving employees from being promoted & the camaraderie in management often prevents undeserving managers from being disciplined accordingly.The management issues are hit or miss, it is possible to get one of the wonderful, professional managers that seems to live off helping their employees climb the ladder or its equally possible to get one of the managers doing their best to do as little as possible to earn their check and will not stop at anything to cover their own tail and keep under the vale of excellence that their employees have created for them through their hard work.
Pros
benefits for part timers, rewards/encourages community work, ability to self-promote
Cons
management, holiday schedule, hours
Could have been better
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 14, 2016
My position with the bank was good, but there was very little advancement possible. Management was hit or miss. I loved the work and dealing work dealing with customers to resolve their issues.
worst job ever
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMarch 16, 2016
management don't know what she was doing. blamed everything on tellers when she wasn't bringing in business. stress about sales. always on probation. bad from start to finish.
Pros
pay and benefits are worth the stress
Cons
managment, sales
Lots of great IT professionals.
VP PC/LAN Regional Manager Maine Region (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJanuary 4, 2016
I remotely managed a team of 8 IT Field technicians. I routinely reviewed team metrics and looked for ways to enhance service levels while increasing efficiency.

To manage my team that were all located 2 1/2 hours or more away I became more familiar with reporting and utilizing metrics to stay on update on performance and current trends for the team.

My Coworkers in IT Field Support were hardworking and professional, always willing to go the extra mile. They were one of the best things about working at the company.

One of the most challenging things about working here in the last couple of years has been the frequent reorganiztion. The constant reshuffling often caused gaps in who was responsible for processes. This was paritcularly diffucult as it lead to many ineffiencies in a time when the comany was trying to drive efficencies and cost control everywhere.

I had many satisfying years working with great teams from all over the bank. We accomplished many many projects to move the bank forward and helpo make it one of the bigger banks in the US.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay, oppurtunities for advancement with all the restructuring.
Cons
Lots of restructuring, Current trend of out sourcing of jobs.
TD Bank
Quality Assurance Analyst - RCS Compliance (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 15, 2016
Good Company to work with. No complaints till now.
Management always listens to you and will try and make changes in favor of the employees.

Even if you are part time you get full benefits.
This was my all time favorite Job!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJanuary 16, 2016
I absolutely loved all my customers and built a long term relationship with most of them. I always balanced my drawers and followed all safety and pre- management procedures. I would stay as late as possible and come in as early as I could too. My co-workers became like family there to me.
Pros
Great Breaks Great Benefits
Employee support and interaction
Relationship Banker/Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Diverse culture and management is always smart and insightful. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving the financial needs of a client.
Pros
Team work
Cons
short breaks and working weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.