TD Garden Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Usher / Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2016
TD garden is a great environment. This fall will be the start of my 11th year at the Gahhden. Everyone I have met there for the most part are great people who love what they do and are all interesting array of people from all walks of life. You have some people who its their first job, some retirees doing it for fun, and some career folks who are trying to move up to managament and others who just work their part time for fun or to see the events/games. As long as you do what you are asked and don't cut corners you will do well. They also like people who don't complain like where they are put etc etc etc. Just do your work and you will be fine. Complain to manegement that yo udidnt get on the courtside and things won't go as well. Just enjoy the atmosphere. the garden is a historic place and its a privilage and honor to work for Delaware North one of the leading hospitality companies in the world. I was lucky enough to becme the dancing usher at the TD garden and everyone knows me from the jumbo tron. I have season ticket holders who I have come to know over the years stop me in the city sometimes and say hello. its an amazing place and an awesome fan base. We have tons of events each year from the circus to disney on ice to celtics, bruins, and concerts. it never gets old. There is always something happening at the gahhden. it takes some time to learn the building but once you do the job is a breeze. You get to see some cool behind the scenes stuff. I have personally met some of the WWE girls, seen some wrestlers backstage, was on the elevator after work with Miley Cyrus,  more... met Lady Antebellum, and Ray Romano... =) Also Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics and KG. Kevin garnett would always say hi to me whenever he saw me. Have also run into Ray Borque, Cam neely, and Johnny Bucyk as well as Bobby Orr. I have also met the Dropkick Murphys....they invited me into their box during the Boston Strong show in 2013 (they wanted to meet me because they knew me from the jumbo tron..)(the dancing usher). I was lucky enough to see the Celtics 2008 championship and some of the 2011 stanley cup finals games and got to touch the stanley cup and NBA trophy.  less
Pros
great people, fun environment, chance to see cool backstage stuff or celebrities, always different events all the time. Never boring.
Cons
low pay, not much room for avdancement within the company at least for PT staff, no parking (Commute by train etc.), no food discount at arena stands, dealing with rude customers/fans from time to time.
productive
Concessions Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2016
The boss is cheap and treats his employees like dirt. The office atmosphere was nice to work in. The people were great to work with, but the company itself was not somewhere I felt comfortable working.
Pros
lots of downtime
Cons
no recognition
managment
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2016
Most of them are very understanding other then that they don't quite understand some of the situations people go through day by day
Great work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2015
I loved working at TD Garden. There was always something to do. I learned a lot about hard work when setting up for the various events that took place there. Management could sometimes be unorganized and unreasonable which made my job quite hard at times but my coworkers were always energetic and fun to be around so it made for a cool work environment.
It is a very friendly place
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2014
We have a road call before work to see who is here and who is not or running late. Then we go off to our sections check on the chairs and start to show people to their seats. The management there is great they understand when you can't make it because if something happens. My co-workers are very friendly and most of them get along pretty well. The hardest part of my job is trying to get the people to leave after the events are over and what I enjoy most about my job is that I get to watch the events for free.
Pros
Watch the events for free
Cons
No discounts, needs more hours
Rewarding and challenging environment
General Manager Sportsevice (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2013
Typical day would begin with office time and meetings. Ongoing days required attending City License meetings and Union issues on various dates. Typical day with an event could last 14-16 hours. We had over 250 events annually and there were times we would have a three week run of nonstop events. That was exciting!

I took great pride in recognizing my Associates especially when Guest Service was well executed. I build a phenomenal Management Team that were dedicated and always servicing the Client with pride.

The knowledge of the Food and Beverage acumen was enlightening from a magnitude point of view. Learning the building operations piece was very rewarding.

The hardest part of the job was always exceeding our Client's expectations which we did on a consistent basis.

The other challenge was making change and winning buy in from staff that had been there for years.

The most enjoyable part of the job was waking up in the morning and going to it.

Pros
Being able to visit other sports venues in the company
Cons
N/A
Very exciting place, chefs are very eager to teach employees.
Premium Club Prep cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2015
Typical day at work in by 1pm prepare my station. Management is consistently on top of details both cleanliness and food production. The hardest part of this job is playoffs,can get hectic.
Pros
Free lunch, great management, chefs always give constructive criticism and meet you half way.
Cons
seasonal
TD Garden is the best place to be for excitement and advancement!
Part Time - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2014
TD garden is a great place to work. I started working the same season Rajon Rondo was a rookie for the Celtics. 2006. The job is a part time job though there is chance for advancement as you get to know many of the media personel, you could grow into media connections, or you could grow within the organization if you become a supervisor you might eventually move up to a management position. For the most part though this job is a seasonal event based job that most people get because they enjoy helping our guests have a world class unique experience at every event and love making TD garden a world class facility and one of the top, if not the top arena in the league. We use a unique program called Guest Path developed by Delaware North, and actually our Guest path program is now used in many other arenas around the NHL and NBA...Being a Guest Relations Usher associate, you get to experience the event along with the fan, "guest" and help them have a great experience. You also get to see cool things and events while at work. You don't always get a great spot, sometimes you might do ticket styles, the elevator, or another spot where you can't see the event or miss part of the event, but most of the time you get to see the event whether it be a concert, sporting event (Boston Bruins Hockey), or NBA Boston celtics, Disney on Ice, Ringling Brothers Circus, Concerts from Billy Joel to Elton John to Bruce Springsteen, to Fleetwood Mac, to Queen and Adam Lambert, to Cher, to the American Idol tour, I have seen so many different musicians I would never have seen otherwise. I have also  more... seen Game 6 of the NBA finals where the Celtics beat LA and won the 17th banner...--the Stanley cup games, of 2013 and 2011 and many more exciting events and playoff games, retirement ceremonies, and special award ceremonies and more. The management , staff, and owners are all nice people and care about the team. They value everyone as a team and unit, and we all work together using Guest path to make the TD Garden the best World Class sports venue and Entertainment venue in the country. You start out at 9.40 an hour and advance as the years go by , you pay some union fees which come out of your check but your pay goes up every year...and rewards longevity. The top ushers make over $20-30 an hour. I am in the start of my 9th year (this fall) and currently make $14.11 an hour. it is a seasonal job so its not full time. but it is good steady work for 3/4 of the year....perfect if you can find a summer job to do in between you can end up with say $25.000-30.000 annusally between the two jobs and other freelance work. I do merchandising, freelance video/media work, and photography on the side in between jobs. Its a good job to keep long term part time.  less
Pros
Get to see cool backstage stuff for concerts, professional sports, get to see events
Cons
short breaks, and low pay to start, but advances with longevity, is only seasonal part time work
Fun outgoing workplace
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2014
Serving customer beverages and food products. Being sure temperatures were correct and also cleaning supplies. Interacting with customers. The management at TD Garden was awesome and very professional.
Entertaining Educational job
Dedicated hard worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2013
I Run food, bus, porter and banquet setup at the only fine dinning restaurant in the TD Garden. It is a fun atmosphere with the games and concerts going on but its also the professional service that goes on throughout a seemingly endless chaos. Its a good job working with great people. The only thing I might not like so much is the amount of hours not being a lot I truly enjoy putting in a great days work.
A great place to work
Bullgang (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2013
I've worked there for four years now and its just so much fun. I work with mostly all guys and one other woman but I have so much fun. Its laid back and as long as the work gets done, doesn't matter how it gets done. Going into work doesn't feel like work because you get to talk to all your friends the whole time but it is a lot of heavy lifting and hard work. The time flies with the right people working with you.
exciting
Usher, Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
td garden was a great job atmosphere in the building is great the fans were good people an the staff was excellent i it was great to watch the celtics an bruins an live concerts with the fans
not worth the hassle
Day Crew (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2015
from 6 in the morning until 2oclock you must deliver whatever they can think of wherever they can think to put it. clean where they see fit as well. glorified concession janitors smh
Pros
hours dont take up the WHOLE day
Cons
everything except the check
productive and good enviroment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Working in the TD was a great experience. I learn so many things about food and other stuff. My manager and my co-workers were very nice and hard workers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Very fun place to work........ Sporting events, childrens events and concerts
Concession Stand Associate - Sport Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2012
We set up for what ever event is going on that day. We prepare the food and beverages. When event starts we greet our guests with smiles, get there orders prepared then we except there payment. We clean and stock our stand. Cash out at end of evening.
its good place to start in the working force cause their is a lot of opportunity there
cashier, concession helper (Current Employee) –  boston,maDecember 5, 2011
its a good place to come with family to have a good time with.
always focus on takring the guest on what they need to make their day more joyful for them.
Pros
get paid by commission
Cons
healthcare
Productive work enviroment
Bull Gang Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 18, 2013
Great place to work in, people are great and one of a kind, labor can be strenous at times. Pay is decent and if your a sports fan, its a good part time job.
Pros
good work environment, working inside the garden has its perks.
Cons
strenous labor.
Friendly Work Environment
StadiumVision Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2014
The TD Garden is a great place to work, this is because of the wide variety of job opportunities that are available. As well the staff and co-workers are usually all very friendly and a joy to work with.
Productive & fun work place
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is running food and interacting with guest when needed.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2