TD Garden Employee Reviews

The Perfect Job
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
This job was the best job I've had so far.I loved the fast-paced work environment,good pay, good benefits. They also really valuable the employees that have worked there over the years and offer exclusive events that that they can make good money at.
Pros
Tips, Make your own shedule
Cons
absolutely nothing
Great Place to work
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
On a general day, there is a lot of work to do but a very enjoyable job experience. Working with great people who know alot about what they are doing.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Hours can be strenuous
its a great part time job if you need some extra money
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston Garden, MAJune 6, 2017
it was great for me because i worked at TD Garden while going to school and basically made it easy to make some money if you need extra its not a strict schedule either you just follow the celtics and bruins schedule
Pros
great for extra money
Cons
more towards teens that cant work a full time job
Liked it
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2017
TD Garden was a nice place to work. You get to see the games, meet different kinds of people, and you get to be part of a union that helps protect you and your job.
Had a lot of new learning experiences
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
While I worked at TD Garden, I had a lot fun learning about what IT is really about. Since I was an intern I didn't have the credentials to truly participate in the "big projects" but I was able to help out with the little ones.
Great place and co workers
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2017
I love the environment in there, it is TD Garden. Bosses/ co-workers are really nice too. I learned how to cut food, prep food, food stylist. I enjoyed serving the food to celebrities.
Muy bien
Cook y cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Excelente empresa, fue donde amprendi muchas cosas que no sabía, acerca del servicio al cliente y mucho más.
Productive and fun sports arena!
Guest Relations Usher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2016
I get to work, Get changed up because we wear uniform, after changing go and wait for roll call. At roll call they tell us where to go for the night. You go to your spot and for the night you stay there and tell people where to go, where the bathroom is and where their seats are, I pretty much answer whatever questions they have. Our supervisors are always walking around so they are always there to help. The best part of this job is that I am able to watch the events and get paid to do so.
Pros
Sports Arena
Cons
short break
Fun place to work
Usher / Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2016
TD garden is a great environment. This fall will be the start of my 11th year at the Gahhden. Everyone I have met there for the most part are great people who love what they do and are all interesting array of people from all walks of life. You have some people who its their first job, some retirees doing it for fun, and some career folks who are trying to move up to managament and others who just work their part time for fun or to see the events/games. As long as you do what you are asked and don't cut corners you will do well. They also like people who don't complain like where they are put etc etc etc. Just do your work and you will be fine. Complain to manegement that yo udidnt get on the courtside and things won't go as well. Just enjoy the atmosphere. the garden is a historic place and its a privilage and honor to work for Delaware North one of the leading hospitality companies in the world. I was lucky enough to becme the dancing usher at the TD garden and everyone knows me from the jumbo tron. I have season ticket holders who I have come to know over the years stop me in the city sometimes and say hello. its an amazing place and an awesome fan base. We have tons of events each year from the circus to disney on ice to celtics, bruins, and concerts. it never gets old. There is always something happening at the gahhden. it takes some time to learn the building but once you do the job is a breeze. You get to see some cool behind the scenes stuff. I have personally met some of the WWE girls, seen some wrestlers backstage, was on the elevator after work with Miley Cyrus,  more... met Lady Antebellum, and Ray Romano... =) Also Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics and KG. Kevin garnett would always say hi to me whenever he saw me. Have also run into Ray Borque, Cam neely, and Johnny Bucyk as well as Bobby Orr. I have also met the Dropkick Murphys....they invited me into their box during the Boston Strong show in 2013 (they wanted to meet me because they knew me from the jumbo tron..)(the dancing usher). I was lucky enough to see the Celtics 2008 championship and some of the 2011 stanley cup finals games and got to touch the stanley cup and NBA trophy.  less
Pros
great people, fun environment, chance to see cool backstage stuff or celebrities, always different events all the time. Never boring.
Cons
low pay, not much room for avdancement within the company at least for PT staff, no parking (Commute by train etc.), no food discount at arena stands, dealing with rude customers/fans from time to time.
managment
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2016
Most of them are very understanding other then that they don't quite understand some of the situations people go through day by day
productive
Concessions Stand Attendant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2016
The boss is cheap and treats his employees like dirt. The office atmosphere was nice to work in. The people were great to work with, but the company itself was not somewhere I felt comfortable working.
Pros
lots of downtime
Cons
no recognition
Great work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2015
I loved working at TD Garden. There was always something to do. I learned a lot about hard work when setting up for the various events that took place there. Management could sometimes be unorganized and unreasonable which made my job quite hard at times but my coworkers were always energetic and fun to be around so it made for a cool work environment.
exciting
Usher, Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
td garden was a great job atmosphere in the building is great the fans were good people an the staff was excellent i it was great to watch the celtics an bruins an live concerts with the fans
productive and good enviroment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Working in the TD was a great experience. I learn so many things about food and other stuff. My manager and my co-workers were very nice and hard workers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
healthcare
not worth the hassle
Day Crew (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2015
from 6 in the morning until 2oclock you must deliver whatever they can think of wherever they can think to put it. clean where they see fit as well. glorified concession janitors smh
Pros
hours dont take up the WHOLE day
Cons
everything except the check
Very exciting place, chefs are very eager to teach employees.
Premium Club Prep cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2015
Typical day at work in by 1pm prepare my station. Management is consistently on top of details both cleanliness and food production. The hardest part of this job is playoffs,can get hectic.
Pros
Free lunch, great management, chefs always give constructive criticism and meet you half way.
Cons
seasonal
Fun outgoing workplace
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2014
Serving customer beverages and food products. Being sure temperatures were correct and also cleaning supplies. Interacting with customers. The management at TD Garden was awesome and very professional.
Friendly Work Environment
StadiumVision Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2014
The TD Garden is a great place to work, this is because of the wide variety of job opportunities that are available. As well the staff and co-workers are usually all very friendly and a joy to work with.
TD Garden is the best place to be for excitement and advancement!
Part Time - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2014
TD garden is a great place to work. I started working the same season Rajon Rondo was a rookie for the Celtics. 2006. The job is a part time job though there is chance for advancement as you get to know many of the media personel, you could grow into media connections, or you could grow within the organization if you become a supervisor you might eventually move up to a management position. For the most part though this job is a seasonal event based job that most people get because they enjoy helping our guests have a world class unique experience at every event and love making TD garden a world class facility and one of the top, if not the top arena in the league. We use a unique program called Guest Path developed by Delaware North, and actually our Guest path program is now used in many other arenas around the NHL and NBA...Being a Guest Relations Usher associate, you get to experience the event along with the fan, "guest" and help them have a great experience. You also get to see cool things and events while at work. You don't always get a great spot, sometimes you might do ticket styles, the elevator, or another spot where you can't see the event or miss part of the event, but most of the time you get to see the event whether it be a concert, sporting event (Boston Bruins Hockey), or NBA Boston celtics, Disney on Ice, Ringling Brothers Circus, Concerts from Billy Joel to Elton John to Bruce Springsteen, to Fleetwood Mac, to Queen and Adam Lambert, to Cher, to the American Idol tour, I have seen so many different musicians I would never have seen otherwise. I have also  more... seen Game 6 of the NBA finals where the Celtics beat LA and won the 17th banner...--the Stanley cup games, of 2013 and 2011 and many more exciting events and playoff games, retirement ceremonies, and special award ceremonies and more. The management , staff, and owners are all nice people and care about the team. They value everyone as a team and unit, and we all work together using Guest path to make the TD Garden the best World Class sports venue and Entertainment venue in the country. You start out at 9.40 an hour and advance as the years go by , you pay some union fees which come out of your check but your pay goes up every year...and rewards longevity. The top ushers make over $20-30 an hour. I am in the start of my 9th year (this fall) and currently make $14.11 an hour. it is a seasonal job so its not full time. but it is good steady work for 3/4 of the year....perfect if you can find a summer job to do in between you can end up with say $25.000-30.000 annusally between the two jobs and other freelance work. I do merchandising, freelance video/media work, and photography on the side in between jobs. Its a good job to keep long term part time.  less
Pros
Get to see cool backstage stuff for concerts, professional sports, get to see events
Cons
short breaks, and low pay to start, but advances with longevity, is only seasonal part time work
It is a very friendly place
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2014
We have a road call before work to see who is here and who is not or running late. Then we go off to our sections check on the chairs and start to show people to their seats. The management there is great they understand when you can't make it because if something happens. My co-workers are very friendly and most of them get along pretty well. The hardest part of my job is trying to get the people to leave after the events are over and what I enjoy most about my job is that I get to watch the events for free.
Pros
Watch the events for free
Cons
No discounts, needs more hours