TDB Communications Employee Reviews

terrible
Modem Tester (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 6, 2017
Low pay and terrible management . They just want people that will work for 9 an hour then cut you off without notice when they decide they want more money from the place they have placed you.
Soured Experiences
GSA Accounting Clerk III (Approver) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2017
Thought the people at TDB themselves were great people, their practices - follow through, planning, vetting, and strucutre were less than favorable. Their ability to stand for their staff or on behalf of their staff was overshadowed by their need for results. When presented with fixes to issues staff was met with "that is not going to happen, we don't have the resources, contract does not allow for it. TDB allowed staff to enter contract poorly staffed and thus never being able to meet contract expectations resulting in loss of contract.
Loved This Place!
Manager of Human Resources and Benefits (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 26, 2017
Who wouldn't? Great co-workers, awesome bosses, very challenging at times, but overall great! Very work-life balanced atmosphere

*********************************
Pros
supportive, pay, atmosphere
Cons
the drive
Great Company to work for.
Eligibility & Travel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 3, 2017
This company was fantastic to work for. I would still be with them if they had jobs available here in Omaha. They are a staffing company and they work hard to help you.
Contracting
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 22, 2017
Working for a contractor isn't great. They pile 4 times as much work on you than if you were a government employee directly. If you have a complaint they don't listen to it, rather just tell you that you work for the 'client.'
Excellent Company to work for!
Administrative Support I (Legal Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2016
It is a pleasure working for them. I never had any issues and the staff is wonderful to work with! They keep an open line of communication and always respond in a timely manner.
A rewarding experience helping US Army families
Escalation Liaison (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2016
Typically, a day at work moves at a brisk pace. I would be continuing in my current job if the GSA had retained the contract with the Army. In this job, I have learned how the day-to-day proceedings of interaction between government agencies work - a new experience for me, having never worked in the public sector before.

The members of management, with whom I work very closely as the Escalation Liaison, all seem to be very knowledgeable and capable individuals who were thrust into a very difficult task from the onset. What I mean is that their superiors in GSA upper management may have made an unrealistic initial bid for this contract with the Army, estimating that they could take on the project with minimal human resources. As a result, they lost the contract in one year.

My co-workers and I have developed an unusually solid bond in a relatively short period of time. We have formed a culture of helpful cooperation, somewhat out of necessity as our operation has been divided into several specialized tasks. Our culture of cooperation makes some of the most difficult parts of the job much easier because individual employees are generally trained only in the one specialized task to which they are assigned. It is inevitable, however, that the employee will be called upon to find solutions that require knowledge of the other areas of specialty within our operation. That is where the helpful, mutual cooperation becomes most valuable.

Without a doubt, the most enjoyable and gratifying part of the job is being able to help our military families who serve us.
Pros
Monday through Friday daytime hours. Close proximity to my home.
Cons
Contract is ending, forcing me to find new employment.
Productive, learning enviroment
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 26, 2016
I am pleased with the people I work with, and I enjoy the job. Not a stable job, because it is a contract job. Our contract is due to expire at the end of June, and not sure there is another extension.
Pros
people
Cons
no breaks, no raise, not sure if the job will be extended
Respectable Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 29, 2016
Respectable agency that place me in a well paying federal government contracting position. This position allowed me to utilized my skills.
productive work place
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJanuary 25, 2016
I answered telephone calls received from patients at the Veterans Medical Cent in Leavenworth, Ks I really enjoyed the challenge everyday and greeting the patients on the phone
Fast paced
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 19, 2015
I am a switchboard operator, dispatcher for 911 service, answer alarms. This is a very fast paced job in a very fast paced hospital, hours are split into 3 different shifts
Pros
people
Cons
pay according to job duties
The dynamics of the day to day operations is enlightening for self growth
Army Childcare Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2015
My experience with TDB has been a challenging and yet knowledgeable one. I have learned so much through the environment that I have been able to maintain and actually develop a more professional attitude within myself and with others.

The knowledge that I have been able to learn and continue to learn on a daily basis would not have been possible without the employment of TDB.
The best company I ever worked for
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 27, 2015
TDB Communications is a contracting job. They contract with Veterans Administration Hospital. You are trained for the job. You are then given your assignment. You put out the production work and you are finished. The management is very flexible. The co-workers are great workers that takes their job seriously. The most enjoyable for me is that it's part-time because being a worker with disabilities, TDB Communications embraced me understanding my limitations.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Since a comtractor there are no raises
Great company
Procurement File Tech (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 20, 2015
NPS was challenging and quite physical

Learned to use the software Access

Multitask

Assisted twenty staff members
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Long commute
Productive and tedius in an office enviroment
Contract Administrator, Healthcare Team (Current Employee) –  Montrose, NYMarch 25, 2014
Making sure any equipment or items that were purchased or services that were used have been paid out or to the governement in order to complete the job duties required.
Rude Employees
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2013
Very unorganized company to work for and hard to get ahold of supervisor when needed.
Specific A/R co-payment tasks; basic claims research and audit tasks
Contract - Full-time General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 25, 2013
Excellent place and people and wonderful team focused on service for our Veterans to the best of their ability in the Billing/Recovery environment.
Great people to work with
FOIA Analyst, Government Contractor - USCIS (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 15, 2013
Most difficult part of the job was keeping on top of the constant changes requested by the client;
Government environment
Data Entry Tech (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 30, 2012
Data Entry, sat at desk all day and typed. Learned alot about fire management and how the government deals with these issues. I enjoyed working with the staff. The hardest part was knowing it was a seasonal job and I would never get hired on.
Fun people to work for
Data Entry Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NebrOctober 17, 2012
Super company, I worked for them 4 years and would do so again!