TDIndustries Employee Reviews

Journeyman Plumber (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
Had good benefits. Most of the formen were great guys. I got layed off. Very safety oriented. They do duct work, plumbing, and mechanical work such as chillers and boiler systems.
Pros
Stabble hours
Cons
Driving sometimes 50 miles one way
Fun place to work always doing something new
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2016
Good place to work stayed busy always something new to do day to day the management wasn't very organized but always kept us busy working maintaining electrical equipment
Pros
Good environment friendly people
Cons
No overtime
Bad Management in San Antonio Branch
Partner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2016
San Antonio branch is bad
Mgmt is bad starting with the director, Service managers, favoritism,kissing behind is the way to go for a future
stay away.
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
Bad Management, job not secure, bad pay, admin ladies (short obese one) think they own TD be careful
Great place to work IF you are a manager, or upper level management
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2016
Good place to work if you are willing to work long hours without "bothering" your supervisor. IT'S all about the $ for management, year in bonuses are lousy for the techs, but management bonuses are really bonuses! Watched as they pushed out Quality Senior leaders and demoted great managers, that wasn't part of the NEW management team. If you are in, great! If you are not, well... good luck!
Really LOVED this place at the start, 5-6 years in you could see the change from top down! If you want a place that is a job, go for it. If you want a career, go somewhere else! NOT the company it portrays to the outside.
Pros
Random "special days" IF you work in the office, in the field not so much.
Cons
Office personnel "management, billing, paper pushers" forgot the techs are the ones that bring in the $, and are the face of the company in front of the customer!
Horrible place to work overall.
Hvac/r technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
Worked at tdi for a few years in the refrigeration/restaurant department in San Antonio.Leadership was very poor and it was about how much you suck up to get ahead.they hire unqualified people to run things and don't back you up in the field.dont recommend working here.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours.
Cons
Everything else
Experienced w people, computers,software and customer service
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2016
I have been a purchasing agent (CPM), project manager, TSA Lead officer at Love Field airport, and 10 years in Accounts Payable most recently.

I have a very positive outlook and would like to find a company fulltime which aspires to moral and ethical conduct and is fair to its people. Benefits would be a great positive. I live in Mesquite, TX and would like to find work within 20 miles if possible, hopefully East of Mesquite but I would be happy to work for a good company wherever they are located.

My TD job involved mainly paying invoices but allowed for positive interaction with everyone. Management was open and cooperative. The most difficult part as well as best was the fast pace of my in house customers.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Would like full time if possible
great company
Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2015
Great company to have worked for some wacky rules but every company needs them to make it. Had a great time working for them while i did.
Culture is only practiced by the office staff and not by the field staff
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2015
Overall it is a good place to work for most people. It is pretty hard to prove yourself to upper management, and it seems to be very political for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Takes a lot to be let go or fired.
Cons
Takes a lot to be let go of fired.
strong group commitment
Floor foreman (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2015
good company to work for just have no job security there is no work in or around Tucson to many lay offs management was good co worker were easy to get along with. hardest part in the physicality but after 20 plus years you get used to it.
Fortune 100 ranked best company to work for
project manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2015
This company is truly an amazing place to for work and i would recommend anyone with a passion for our type of industry to definitely come to work for TDIndustries.
good company but short handed with qualified employees
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2015
I think TDIndustries is a very good company. My time there was some what stressful due to the amount of work they had without enough qualified help. They were shuffling people from job to job daily. This made it extremely difficult for me to plan my project.
Pros
company truck, gas card
Cons
not enough qualified employees
Truly a "Great Place to Work" environment and people
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 17, 2015
Servant Leadership is a large part of the company culture and it is demonstrated in the open communication environment that has been created. Our CEO and senior leaders hold quarterly meetings with all employees reviewing the financial statements and critical messages. Each employee can say their opinion without fear of recourse. In fact, our opinions are welcomed.

Expectations of our performance are high, but we are empowered and are provided the proper support to meet those goals. The quality of our work as well as safety and well-being of the employee come before profits.

TD is a people-centered company, and I love coming to work each day.
Pros
Family-friendly environment where employees care for each other, Open and transparent, Focused on growing the employee
Cons
Benefits are competitive with our industry, but could be enhanced to make this an even greater place ot work.
Sheetmetal (Current Employee) –  DallasJanuary 19, 2015
Great people. Lots of training and good benefits. They care about you. They listen to you. Like the guys I work with. Worry about safety. Proved good tools that work right. Let you take off when you need to.
TDIndustries
BUILDING TECHNICIAN III (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 15, 2014
I answer service calls at the AA Training Facility in Euless. Service calls range from HVAC & heating to electrical & plumbing issues.
guaranteed hrs is the only good thing
refrigeration department service (Former Employee) –  phxSeptember 19, 2014
this is a numbers company they don't care how good of a tech you are if you get 10 call backs in a month that's good more work for them and they wonder why they cant keep accounts manager is of no help you call him for help he is running the other way saying call tech support and its his call back his worked on 3 times something that takes 4 hrs to do they want you to milk it up to 7 hrs and if you don't you will get written up for lack of production
Pros
40hrs
Cons
dead end
This was an excellent Employer
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2014
I really enjoyed working for TDIndustries, they provided all power tools that were needed, I only had to provide personal hand tools. They provided shirts and gave allowance for blue jeans and boots every year up to a certain dollar amount. The Job superintendents were most knowledgeable in every encounter i ever had. The company is an employee owned company with wonderful benefits.
Pros
Vacation time earned every 2 months and holiday from day one
Cons
Distance to jobs from home
Dead end but steady
pipe foreman (Former Employee) –  usaMay 7, 2014
Its a job and the check doesn't bounce.... If you enjoy being treated like a child by management. A management group that makes the same mistake again and again.... You are and will be beneath them . Only when there boss is around do they put on a show I've been watching it for 10 yeats. Servent Leadership is what they preach..... It's a JOKE
Pros
long term
Cons
No Growth....Promotions are not worth the trouble...
Solid, Employee Owned Company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 27, 2013
TDI has proven to be a great place to work. Challenging yet rewarding with an outstanding amount of support from management. Core values are people not profits which is a great accomplishment in this day and age.
Pros
Strong sense of family, Management support, Benefits, Team work, Growth, Working conditions, Training, Safety, Outings
Cons
With all things there is usually some type of trade off and TDI is no exception, I am earning a percentage less than I could elsewhere, But as I said it's a tradeoff
Safety Does Not Come First
maintenance  (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMay 15, 2013

Work in Faculties for 4 years ,no raise and always harping on safety but when safety man leaves the supervisor could care less about safety,stay away management gets all the profits.

Pros
Cons
Two- face
Used to be a good place to work for
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2012
Great benefits but they star taking benefits away, they used to give us uniforms but the economy has changed.And now they want to save every penny they can
Pros
good insurance
Cons
not an equal opportunity company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TDIndustries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9