TDS

TDS Employer Reviews

It was a fun but business work place
NOC Troubles Resolutions (Former Employee), Middleton, WISeptember 11, 2013
Pros: it was a very clean enviorment and had good working space.
Cons: the contract ended with the temp agency.
I enjoyed working at TDS but the contract ended with the temp agency I was working there through. I enjoyed my coworkers everyone was helpful. I would enjoy going back to work there.
Well managed telecom company
Metasolv Implementation Expert (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 10, 2013
Excellent work environment.

Competent staff.

Low stress.
good place to work
I&R/IPTV NETWORK TECH (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 9, 2013
friendly people, great work ethics, customer orientated, beautiful environment,
Unique work environment with great people
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches, travel, nice people, great building, nice office
Cons: lack of new technology, poor compensation, lack of advancement
My tenure at TDS, though brief was very exciting! We provided a service to thousands, and it was very rewarding.

Only main problem with TDS was the compensation and advancement. The compensation was poor in comparison to other similar jobs in the field, and the opportunities of advancement were not there. The annual pay raises are bogus, and the employee – more... rating system is completely askew. Also the resources they provide are meager. It's hard to be excited about work when you have a 4 year old machine running Windows XP.

However, I am overall satisfied with my experience, and recommend this place for employment despite the downfalls. – less
Pleasent work space, micro managed
Customer Repair Advisor (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 12, 2013
Pros: great lunches, friendly enviornment, closely tied to a hr rep if you need one
Cons: occasionally micro managed
In-depth training of the various calls/problems you'd be resolving. Co-workers close around with equal or greater training that you can fall back on if you have a quick question. Changing your tactic/tone of voice with each customer would be the most difficult part of the job (unless you're not very savvy with technology). Hearing customers thank you – more... for their time is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. There were parts in the job you could prove yourself, like improve the efficiency of each call and inform all workers of the ideas you have. – less
I ENJOYED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee), MADISON WIJanuary 14, 2013
A TYPICAL WORK DAY WAS GOOD
MY CO-WORKERS WERE NICE
THERE WAS NOTHING ABOUT THE JOB I COULD NOT HANDLE
fun and productive environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hampden, MEAugust 21, 2012
Pros: health benefits, free lunches, yearly bonus.
Cons: constant training
A typical day was full of training.

I learned a lot about different computer programs.

My boss was very understanding, always there to talk about anything.

My coworkers were great, they were caring, loving, understanding, wonderful friends.

Learning new stuff every day, and then that stuff changing the very next day, made it hard to remember what – more... was right and what was wrong.

The benefits were the most enjoyable part of the job, they made sure to reward their employees for their hard work. – less
I'd stay away
Account Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2012
Pros: none anymore
Cons: saturation point has been hit and exceeded
They are done in Michigan. Lots of turnover and customers are defecting more than they are coming on board.

They had a good model at one time, but that was years ago.
TDS Summary
Customer Repair Advisor (Broadband Technician) (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 6, 2012
Pros: advancement, awesome management
TDS is an awesome place to work. TDS knows what the word professional means, They treat their customers with respect as well as employees. Anybody who is looking for a place to work, check out TDS.

About TDS

TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®) is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S. Headquartered in Madison, – Read more