TE Connectivity Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
Management knows more than anyone, even though they've never ran any of the machines in the building. 100% favoritism for people over work ethic. Too many lay-offs. Mandatory OT is given without a warning, have to work holidays with a few days notice. Too much paperwork, 1 strike you're out. So never ran bad production.
Pros
Free Popcorn
Cons
lay-offs, terrible management throughout
Sweat Shop
Senior Product Manager for Contacts (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 22, 2015
Worse company I ever worked for. I do not know how I lasted 2.5 years. If I didn't have a fasmily, I would have quit much sooner
Pros
Treat Salary employees like hourly workers
Cons
Very unfriendly Enviroment, leaves you in tears at the end of the day
Intense Work Place
Sr Trade Compliance Manager - Americas Region (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed the trade compliance work, but the work hours were unreal. You were expected to work at least 60+ hours a week. Be on phone calls at 4:00 in the more.

You were expected to take on any new project without questions.

I learned a lot about the other countries and traveled a lot, which was great. But in the end the work hours made it difficult to enjoy the work.
Pros
I was able to telecomute a couple days a week
Cons
No coffee, tea, or any other perk
Strong empolyee support
Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RISeptember 26, 2016
Our Tyco Electronics division started with two brothers that sold to a large US company. With the sale of the company both stayed on to insure the company kept the path they envisioned.
Pros
Strong family moral.
Cons
Managment support could have had more support then provided.
I was a temp
Assembler ­Select Staffing (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 15, 2016
And i was fried overall treated unfairly supposedly i was to involved and tried to have woman fighting which anit me. Then i feel like its to much gossip thaymt went on people made me out to be something im not didn't get a chance to plead my case
Pros
Cons
Bad mangagement
Productive place to work
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Lickdale, PAAugust 30, 2015
They don't compensate there temporary employees. No raises for temps. They don't even offer hire there Temps. Could be a good place to work if they would hire the good dependable people.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No pay increase
Good salary but too many "yes" men at the top
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAApril 5, 2016
This is a very difficult company to feel secure working for. You will always be worried about being laid off when the numbers to meet the projected. It is all about profit margin at this place
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Job Security
Productive and fun workplace
Project Engineer, Outside Plant Construction (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 6, 2015
Tyco was a fun place to work. Loved being able to travel. It was my first opportunity to travel to the west coast. My manager was a great person to work with and I was able to learn a lot from his work experience.
Pros
Travel
benefits
Very productive fast paced
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 4, 2016
This place I enjoyed the most because I learned how to use the forklift and all kinds of pallet jacks. I also enjoyed it because the people were very nice and the supervisors were amazing.
Pros
A lot of over time
Cons
Working Sunday's
co-workers are easy to get along with
assembler (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNSeptember 7, 2015
the work is not hard, but you have to work for a temp company. the pay is low, and there are no benefits. No paid vacations. The TE Connectivity company does not hire very many people.
Pros
work is not hard
Cons
no benefits, hard to get hired on full time
Not recommend
Senior Firmware Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2016
Company does not invest in R&D. Upper managers only care about cooking the book to sell the division they bought.Nothing is good.
Only good things are the people you work with. There are many talented people and nice people, but the company does not care about their employees
Pros
Nothing is good
Cons
Bad high management, they want to cook to book instead of making good products
The hardest part of the job is 12 hrs a day walking/running on you feet.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  willsonville, oregonMarch 24, 2016
you go above and beyond for this employer, they don't have your back, your coworkers stab you in the back dont work fairly, set you up for failure, management and supervisors dont have a clue and favor perm. employees.
Pros
its a pay check
Cons
temp job/not treated fairly
Disorganized!
Temporary Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 1, 2016
Upper Management is too busy with vanity metric meetings to be bothered to let the employees know what is expected of them, or give them any direction or training. they need to quit having so many useless meetings and concentrate more on the direction and growth of the people who actually do the work.
Highly technical and great learning experience
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 20, 2016
Company offers great benefits. Also 3 shifts, and they are global so if you are willing to travel the world this is a great company to do so. TE makes connectors for all electric parts.
Opportunites but all the drawbacks of a big company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 21, 2016
There is opportunity to advance your career here, but the politics are real. Good pay but you are expected to perform. Poor training. While the culture encourages self-sufficiency it really makes it feel everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
Pay, market leader
Cons
layoffs common, low morale culture
TE Connectivity (Oceanside)
Cold Header (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 1, 2015
I work in the cold heading department, and I've been an employee here for 3 years. There's always work and demand for OT, which is nice. I would reccomend my position to family and friends. I hope i can learn as much as posible to expand my knnowledge and experience here.
Pros
great healthcare, lots of OT.great 401k. great benefits. great location
Cons
Poor management, Low communication, no comradery, negartive employees.
Horrible
Customer Service (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Ladd Industries-TEConnectivity Kettering, OhioMay 12, 2014
If you want to give up your life for this company then apply but if not run for your life and don't look back. This company is horrible with poor and incompetent management. They openly practice discrimination among their employees as well as favoritism. Great place to work before TE took over. Forced and mandatory overtime with one day a week off, made to work on holidays and scheduled days off. Management would reward some for doing nothing and others would be overlooked when it came to raises. Employees would be called names and talked about in meetings and told if you don't like it here there's the door. This is not a company you would want to work for no amount of money is worth lowering yourself to this level. STAY CLEAR
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
long hours, incompetent management, low pay
Don't work at Oceanside
CNC Lathe Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 26, 2016
The place is horrible you will work mandatory 6 days a week. No one has a clue how to right the ship. Management sucks, and the machinists get the blame for everything.
Pros
Cons
It's a horrible place
Great place to work but now going overseas
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 4, 2016
This was a great place to work but now they are closing Rock Hill plant and moving to China. But while I was here it was a great place.
Pros
Layed back work envierment
Cons
Shutting down
Busy production place with few advancements
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work involves sitting in one spot all day performing the same mind-numbing procedure every day. Communication between management and employees is seriously lacking. There are rewards for meeting production goals like money, food, and fun events.
Pros
Decent benefits and rewards
Cons
lacking support and advancement opportunities if you're not in the "inner circle"