TE Connectivity Employee Reviews

Machinist / Tool and cutter grinder
Machinist/Lead CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 20, 2016
I worked as a machinist. I was group leader in the Haas milling area. Completed 5s program in area to provide lean manufacturing.
First class company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Berwyn. PAJune 18, 2016
Able to work my own hours from my house. I enjoyed the opportunity to help people who were sometimes agitated to work through their issue.
Pros
Work from home, set own hours
Terrible place
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
Management knows more than anyone, even though they've never ran any of the machines in the building. 100% favoritism for people over work ethic. Too many lay-offs. Mandatory OT is given without a warning, have to work holidays with a few days notice. Too much paperwork, 1 strike you're out. So never ran bad production.
Pros
Free Popcorn
Cons
lay-offs, terrible management throughout
a decent company going through some challenging times
IT Analyst/ AV Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 6, 2016
Senior IT management does not display much respect for operational IT. High stress environment as there is an increasingly smaller pool of talent attempting to cover projects and support responsibilities.
Disorganized!
Temporary Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 1, 2016
Upper Management is too busy with vanity metric meetings to be bothered to let the employees know what is expected of them, or give them any direction or training. they need to quit having so many useless meetings and concentrate more on the direction and growth of the people who actually do the work.
Loved my mid management.
Design/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with engineering staff to create or re-create AutoCad files.
The freedom of the flex time was great.
Sometimes it was over whelming to meet the demands of 12+ engineers.
Would have liked to worked another 5-6 years.
TE Connectivity is good company and a great place to work at.
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2016
TE Connectivity is a great place to work at. If you show that you are capable, you can advance there. You get to learn a lot about machines and how they operate if you really pay close attention. The work environment is wonderful. We are all like one family. If you do your job, nobody would bother you. The only problem is that business is not doing good right now.
Core Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 24, 2016
TE is an enjoyable place to work. Their commitment to fair treatment, employee advancement, and engagement is world class. Continuous improvement, safety, and quality have become engrained into the culture and is a way of life.
Opportunites but all the drawbacks of a big company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 21, 2016
There is opportunity to advance your career here, but the politics are real. Good pay but you are expected to perform. Poor training. While the culture encourages self-sufficiency it really makes it feel everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
Pay, market leader
Cons
layoffs common, low morale culture
Work life balance
Senior SAP BASIS & Solution Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 18, 2016
Work life balance , good learning capabilities and lot to explore for career growth and good professional attitude and good team work
Took advantage of Temps under TE
Industrial Engineer I/Engineering Tech II (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMMay 13, 2016
The job gave me great experience working under a Manager. The site under TE took advantage of temporaries, which included myself, by never making us full time employees in their company. Not until Commscope bought the site that we were then able to become full time employees. Being a temp for three years with no vacations or benefits was a big draw back.
Pros
manager at the time was very understanding of projects and situation
Cons
no benefits, no vacations, long hours, genral Culture
great place
Materials Planning Analyst II / Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 12, 2016
good place to work if your into manufacturing. Lots of room to advance and lots of independence given to employees. Lots of great people to work with. global org
Die Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 4, 2016
A typical day was productive. I learned a lot about blueprints and stamping presses. The management and co-workers we're fair. The hardest part was getting along with everyone. The most enjoyable was knowing my family was provided for.
Pros
insurance, 401K
Cons
muslims
overall a good place to work
Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMay 3, 2016
Over all it was a good place to work, but there is a high turn over and several RIF's over my 8 years there. During the time I was there two new plants in Mexico were build and opened, this caused jobs in the US to be relocated.
Pros
good people and good benifits
Cons
not a stable work force, jobs moving to Mexico
its ok
Order Packer (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMApril 27, 2016
i learn a lot of things but the don't give you a chance to grow in the company and they have a lot of favoritism, they have to many overtim and you dont have time t be with your family because sometimes we used to work from monday thru fsunday with no days off
Intense Work Place
Sr Trade Compliance Manager - Americas Region (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed the trade compliance work, but the work hours were unreal. You were expected to work at least 60+ hours a week. Be on phone calls at 4:00 in the more.

You were expected to take on any new project without questions.

I learned a lot about the other countries and traveled a lot, which was great. But in the end the work hours made it difficult to enjoy the work.
Pros
I was able to telecomute a couple days a week
Cons
No coffee, tea, or any other perk
Not enough time/length of work to conclude the company's rate
QC INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 18, 2016
Worked as a typical QC Inspector on a daily basis in a very diversified place. Co-workers are helpful. Since I am on a Temp. position, my preview of the company is not build up yet.
Graphics and UX/UI Designer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 12, 2016
TE Connectivity has a very competitive salary and great locations to work. They taught me a lot about having a career and a day-to-day life of being an employee.
too many furloughs
Die Repair (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 8, 2016
we are just now half way through our fiscal year and have had week long furloughs 5 of the 6 months. the job is good but I would like a full time job not part time
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
not enough work
Busy production place with few advancements
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  Manheim, PAApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work involves sitting in one spot all day performing the same mind-numbing procedure every day. Communication between management and employees is seriously lacking. There are rewards for meeting production goals like money, food, and fun events.
Pros
Decent benefits and rewards
Cons
lacking support and advancement opportunities if you're not in the "inner circle"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TE Connectivity. Our community is ready to answer.