TE Connectivity Employee Reviews

Immediate manager
MACHINE OPERATOR, INVENTORY (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 31, 2017
My immediate manager does not speak English. The manager separates the races so that only the Spanish speaking work & stay together. The interpreter is just another employee and is not readily available a lot of the times. Job is mundane and ery little room to grow
Pros
basketball court outside near lunch tables
Cons
no room to grow and not challanging
Productive and Quality Performance Parts
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 30, 2017
While working at TE Connectivity I have enjoyed working at a fast past with multi positions. The management needs some improvement. The place is very clean after each shift does there 5S work.
Pros
Weekend Only
Cons
12hr Overnight
no comment
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT , BLACK BELT (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 28, 2017
very political. Who you know more then what you know. I was promised a lot of things and not one of them was done. when confronted about it, the blame went to someone else. went up the chain with no progress
Global IT Help Desk
Senior Network Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 26, 2017
Professional environment. Lots of good, talented, hard working and admirable people. Flexible hours, opportunity for overtime (3rd shift). Was a good place to work until the Un-affordable health care act was passed, sending most IT jobs over seas. Lots of good, talented, loyal people starting over in a depressed job environment. Cannot fault teh company for trying to stay in business. If only there were a better option open to them.
Pros
Great, talented people
Cons
Immediate management left something to be desired
Great place to learn
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2017
As part of the LE team, I got to learn a lot about the SAP functionalities that come into play in a warehouse.
As the developer on-site to support go-lives, I could get a taste of how lively and paced and demanding each implementation could be.
I'm thankful for all the learning opportunities I have had.
Was able to learn Shipping system and worked with teams to improve.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMJuly 20, 2017
I would come in on second review with 1st shift lead to know what work was pending to be shipped to close out the day. I had mostly worked in the receiving departments for Manufacturing and PO departments, along with supervising crew shipping to plants, so when I was asked to move to Shipping department to help improve accuracy and shipment flow. It took some time to learn the system, but once I learned was able to work with the crews in all 3 shifts coming up with training to improve the process.
Pros
Learned about shipping out on system and dealt with carriers.
Cons
During system change working 7 days a week 10-12 hour days.
Excellent Work Environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 17, 2017
Friendly and skilled employees willing to share expertise. Departments are connected and work well together. Transition from Meas to TE was supported and implemented fairly well.
Pros
Very Knowledgeable Employees willing to help
Cons
ckean work environment, climate controled..Diverse and challenging..The people I work with are awesome !!
Assembly Die Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 11, 2017
Hate that they are closing..Awesome work environment and people..Knowledge base grew during my 15 yrs there..No complaints and bonuses were great..Self directed work environment. Many opportunities and many machines to gain experience..
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
some mandatory overtime.
Great company until IT outsource
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAJuly 10, 2017
Company is a technology driven and always trying to improve. Outsourcing within the company has caused issues. It has caused company to lose its personal feel and engaging work environment.
A good work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2017
I had a great days at Te Connectivity, It is a good place to work. Never had any problems with anyone. Worked with a lot of great people. Always love coming to work.
Pros
had to buy my lunch
Cons
30mins breaks
Shaky environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairview, NCJuly 7, 2017
TE has regular layoffs and most employees are job scared all the time. I enjoyed my time working there and felt that my manager was fair even if I didn't always get told what I wanted to hear. I had a very short commute to work so that was good.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Unstable and lack of job insecurity
As being quality inspector
Quality Inspector I (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 6, 2017
I've have learned a lot specially i know how to read a blue print, using gauges, tools like micrometer, caliper, comparator, microscope, and tool maker.
Pros
Annual picnic
Demanding and unappreciated
Manufacturing Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 29, 2017
The co-worker are great to work with. Unfortunately the more advances in your field, the more money you earn, the most likely you’ll be the next to be laid off. Management is lacking on how to move forward with the companey. The company was run better when it was Measurement Specialty.
Pros
Free Holiday lunches.
Cons
Inferior healthcare.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 29, 2017
I like this workplace because you'll always have works to do and that keeps the time flowing. I also like the people. They are very friendly and very helpful.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Very few parking spot
Good job, no job security
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJune 28, 2017
Management is nice, helps teach you the skills needed to work there. Always busy, always something to do. Employees are nice. Very strict on being to work on time, no leeway at all. Will let employees go at a whim without notice.
Systemic issues, but not the worst place to work
Sr. Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2017
TE does "innovation" very well. The real issue is, they don't do the basics well anymore. Lots of tenured employees cause a lack of basic training. They actually let go of their training staff back in 2008, and it has impacted them ever since. Instead they are more interested in the next best thing. Morale is low due to a lack of leadership that encompasses humility or an attempt to value employee development. Instead, they look only for those that can be promoted within 2 years, thus ignoring the larger population of their base staff that may want to stay in a role a little longer to perfect their expertise. 2 years doesn't create expertise, just enough to get by. If you don't want to move, you are not considered a high potential.
If you don't mind these things, then this is a good place to work. They do have people that care and try to do the right thing. I did learn several things while there, but also became frustrated by the lack of communication from both inside the business unit I worked and corporate. Many projects requested of me never amounted to anything, which left me feeling I wasted a lot of time. Simple steps to address accountability were ignored. They will have difficultly in about 5 years with finding qualified employees as those with tribal knowledge begin retiring and newer employees with less than 5 years decide to go elsewhere.
It has the bones to be a great place to work, but the systemic issues are too big for any one person to turn around.
Pros
Competent people, interesting work, innovative.
Cons
Lack of integrity by some managers, lack of communication, unrealistic expectations for high potentials, lack of humility, lack of employee development.
Work/Life Balance is Challenging
Q.A. Supervisor III (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CA 92545June 21, 2017
Very busy at all times. Along with the normal duties all employees are expected to participate in safety teams, continuous improvement activities, process improvement, achieve personal goals and company metrics.
Pros
Employees required to cross train because of all the required involvement.
Large company
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 19, 2017
Worked here for almost 5 years and walked in one day to suddenly be laid off. I put a lot of time and effort into my position and was unfortunately let go due to lack of work. Although the company is large, their growth seemingly decreased in the production area I was in.
Pros
Decent health benefits.
Cons
Favoritism and lack of communication.
Stabled Job, except.
LIGHTING IND SALES MGR, WESTERN US & CAN REGIONS (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 19, 2017
TE was a good place to be, very stable except for this New business unit. TE tried to make a business unit home grown, however it took more effort and investment then first planned. Therefore, they change direction and backed off. The business unit was the Lighting Division. The product was ahead of the market.
cool place to work
Project Manager Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Andover, MNJune 14, 2017
Advance opportunities for new grad students or seasoned experience workers. You will learn alot through their online web training and money they spend on external training..
Pros
good people
Cons
small business thinking some times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TE Connectivity. Our community is ready to answer.