Teachers College, Columbia University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place with a strong team ethic!
CIS Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Working at Teachers College was a great experience. The biggest hurdle was getting acclimated to a culture with so many moving parts. With the help of my two co workers/supervisors, my acclimation was less than six months. Every day I learned something new and never felt as if I couldn't ask a question. Once I came on board our customer/ user review rating improved by 75%. User interaction was a major hurdle for the team and with some "TLC" we turned that around.

All in all Working at TC was great!
Pros
Team effort!
Wonderful working environment
Academic Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Great teamwork atmosphere. My department really deals with everyone with respect and courtesy. The staff is always there for each other
Pros
Understanding supervisor
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Worked under the guidance of intellegent professor
Graduate Research Asst- Dept.of Bilingual Edu (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
Typical day consisted of prepping a lesson plan for the after school program, then prepare all materials for the lesson, gather food and drinks for students, do our lesson, voice record each convseration at the student tables, encourage students to think above and beyond, meet with parents for student dismissal, have a group meeting about pros and cons of the day, and pack up for the following week.
Productive and great work environment
Telecommunication Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2014
A typical day consists of maintaining the office, which include duties as answering the phone, filing paperwork, and assisting faculty members with telephone issues or concerns. My co-workers are extremely friendly and eager to assist me in anything I may need. They are knowledge of the technology offered by the university as well as basic trouble-shooting issues.
Great place for future educators and researchers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2012
Usually I work by myself. I have a series of research tasks and I report on my progress each week. Right now, for example, I am developing my own Virtual Reality to run an experiment there.
There is a lot of room for creativity and exploration. Administrative staff is highly supportive, I feel as a part of family here.
Pros
room for creativity, co-workers are highly supportive
Well-established institution
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Having worked for a number of different types of higher education institutions, I find Teachers College to be well-organized. For the most part, they have thought through there processes and have established protocols for most of their administrative activities.

The culture helps to streamline workflow.
Teachers College
Facilities Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2014
Great place to work for. The benefits this institution offers are great. Most of the employees remain working in this college for many years.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
small college
Excellent professors and philosophy
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2013
I attended TC for my masters degrees, and was a teaching assistant for a semester during my second year.
Pros
mentorship
Cons
long office hours
good
Group Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
lots of autonomy
good supervision
good benefits
lots to learn
requires attention to detail
Fantastic
Coordinator of "Instep" (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2012
Teachers College is simply one of the most exciting places to be in fields of education!

4.6