Teachers Credit Union Employee Reviews

Teachers Credit Union
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 23, 2016
There is little room for advancement. Pay is not competitive for the duties that have to be performed and what is asked of employees. Not willing to work with community involvement with Not for Profit organizations.
Pros
Closed on holidays
Cons
Too many duties for the little pay
Toxic Leadership and Unethical Business Practices
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 9, 2016
Leadership neglects developing their subordinates. Horrible communication within corporate culture. Toxic leadership looks to glorify themselves and not their people.
Negative place to work with undefined plans or expectations
Research Analyst III (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 13, 2016
Lots of management changes and an "ADHD" mentality... can't stay focused on a plan long enough to see it through. Management likes to start a plan and then move on to something else, therefore leaving expectations up in the air as to what is important. It is impossible to do it all and therefore life balance suffers. Long hours and all night work days go unnoticed or rewarded.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Lack of growth/professional development, lack of leadership
Same as before.
Payment Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 25, 2016
This department is better than being a teller, but once you are in its a standstill. So much work has to be done each day and on top of that they always find something else to add to the departments work load.
productive
Relationship Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2016
Great company for advancement. Great management. great customers. i add 4 separate position while working here. Pay was fair and great raises.
Overall good experience
Teller, Member Prospecting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2016
Getting signed in on the computer
Counting down a drawer
Outbound calling on products and services
Meeting new members as well as helping returning members
Pros
got to meet new people
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for growth
Generally a good place to work
FULFILLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  SOUTH BEND, INJuly 22, 2015
I worked at tcu for 25 years. I have been through many changes in management and worked for several vice presidents of different departments. Most were very professional. The downsizing at tcu has effected their member service and the moral of their employees. I had went to our human resources department several times to ask to be transferred to another department, but was told that could not happen.
Tcu is probably a fine place to start a career but do not look for it to be a place to advance your career. Their benefit package always worked for me and my family. After 25 years, I believe I was being paid well, but I don't beleive their starting wages are great.
Pros
BENEFITS ARE GOOD
Cons
NOT ENOUGH EMPLOYEES TO DO A GOOD JOB
Challenges bring opportunity
EFT Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 21, 2015
There is never a dull moment working here. Required multiple daily tasks require strong time management skills. Being organized is a must due to the constant distraction from taking phone calls.
Pros
Thoes willing to learn have the opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Suitable compensation is lacking in my current department.
Produtive office setting
Teller (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 27, 2015
We open all of our drawers and verify all of our cash. I have learned to be efficient and accurate. The management is a close, nice group of individuals. The co-workers all work very well together in a good group. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning all the new transactions.
great job
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TXAugust 30, 2015
Great people and a busy job. learned a lot about the office environment. Upper management was very professional and hard workers.
Pros
pay wasnt the best
Cons
working some saturdays
Nice prouctive work place
Employment Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 18, 2015
Teachers Credit Union is a great company to work for. A typical day at work would be answer phone calls, completing daily work, which be filing and updating title information to the computer system, completing payoff request from insurance and car dealers. I learn how a lot about titles and how they are important to the institution when dealing with a car loan. My coworker were helpful and always tried to work as a team at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was answer the phone and helping customers with questions about their cars and loans.
Pros
great benefits, and wonderful people to work with
Cons
low pay
Great team of people
Member Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 20, 2014
Great place to work starting in 2001. Lots of new people to meet and growing for 12 years with my members trust in me was wonderful. Coworkers were great. High turn around in the Teller area throughout many years I was there, and really would have liked several of them to stay and start a career, Hardest part of my job was turning down loans and seeing the disappointment on my members faces. The most enjoyable part was working with those same members and helping them rebuild their credit and eventually approving them for a loan. Hard work pays off.
Post Grad opportunity but not career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, Elkhart-IN; Niles, MIMay 4, 2014
When I started in the company, I enjoyed the autonomy and ability to assist in the progression of my department and the company. TCU was a great place to start my career path as it has a significant impact on the community. However, as I have grown in knowledge and skills while obtaining an MBA, I do not feel that the company is where I can continue my career.
Pros
great teams, opportunity to educate the community
Cons
management, lack of growth, hard to grow in the community
Going down hill!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2013
TCU was a great place to work several years ago, unfortunately it has taken many turns in the wrong direction. They staff the branches with little to no people in them - which is bad for members as well as emergency situations if people "call in". Everyone has been sitting on "pins and needles" because of people getting fired left and right with little to no explanation.

While incentive plans have become harder to obtain, and lesser dollar amounts - the credit union stressed the importance of saving money. Great idea, if it wasn't during the exact time the new president and CEO was having his office completely remodeled at the company's expense.
Great place to stay for a career
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 22, 2013
I deal with many things on a daily basis. If it has a component to IT, I am involved in most activities. I try to get my hands on everything so I can learn. Being at TCU, I have been exposed to a lot of things that a lot of IT professionals at my age haven't been exposed to. I have learned more and more about virtualization, SCCM, Cisco phone systems, PRI's, security, patch management.

Co-workers are good people. Most have been here for 10-15 + years in the IT department.
Pros
insurance benefits almost 100% paid for
Cons
the weather.
Fun, Family Oriented Environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work. You learn tons of new things on a regular basis. Management cares about their staff. Feels like family. Members are awesome!!! Everyone seems to like working there.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
no advancement
Productive and great place to be.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJuly 6, 2014
Loved working with the public everyday. Meeting new people always was an interesting task. Management always at the front greeting every customer. Always treated employees as equals and never let us down!
Teller
Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2015
Not a bad place to work.

Pay could be a lot better but overall it's a great environment to be around coworkers and members who enjoy seeing you everyday.
One of the Best
Teller Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2013
I have nothing but love for Teachers Credit Union. I worked here for about a year and had a fantastic time doing so. The hours were great and the benefits were plenty and just as fantastic. Teachers Credit Union really takes care of its people and I am glad to have been such a wonderful team.

I really have to give credit to one of my supervisors for shaping the foundations of my work ethic. Tanorria is an wonderful human being and an amazing supervisor. All I know about the banking system was taught to me by Tanorria. I soaked up as such as I can and used it. I became a well organized employee, offered excellent customer service, which was one of the reasons I was hired in the first place, and caught on quickly to the workings of the organization. I was Teller of the Month several times during my year there and I am very proud of those titles.

I can honestly say Teachers Credit Union is one of those jobs that you have that's almost a dream since it all was such a good experience. If the future had a different path I might still be there but school was calling and the only reason I left was to finish my degree.
Great location in town
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJune 2, 2014
Very busy and always changing, required to work a lot of Saturdays, workload can be overwhelming at times.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
a lot of turnover