Teachers Credit Union Employee Reviews

PRODUTIVE OFFICE SETTING
Teller (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 27, 2015
WE OPEN ALL OF OUR DRAWERS AND VERIFY ALL OF OUR CASH. I HAVE LEARNED TO BE EFFICIENT AND ACCURATE. THE MANAGEMENT IS A CLOSE, NICE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS. THE CO-WORKERS ALL WORK VERY WELL TOGETHER IN A GOOD GROUP. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS LEARNING ALL THE NEW TRANSACTIONS.
Challenges bring opportunity
EFT Clerk (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Thoes willing to learn have the opportunity for advancement.
Cons: Suitable compensation is lacking in my current department.
There is never a dull moment working here. Required multiple daily tasks require strong time management skills. Being organized is a must due to the constant distraction from taking phone calls.
GENERALLY A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
FULFILLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), SOUTH BEND, INJuly 22, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS ARE GOOD
Cons: NOT ENOUGH EMPLOYEES TO DO A GOOD JOB
I WORKED AT TCU FOR 25 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH MANY CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT AND WORKED FOR SEVERAL VICE PRESIDENTS OF DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS. MOST WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL. THE DOWNSIZING AT TCU HAS EFFECTED THEIR MEMBER SERVICE AND THE MORAL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES. I HAD WENT TO OUR HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT SEVERAL TIMES TO ASK TO BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER DEPARTMENT, BUT WAS TOLD THAT COULD NOT HAPPEN.
TCU IS PROBABLY A FINE PLACE TO START A CAREER BUT DO NOT LOOK FOR IT TO BE A PLACE TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER. THEIR BENEFIT PACKAGE ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. AFTER 25 YEARS, I BELIEVE I WAS BEING PAID WELL, BUT I DON'T BELEIVE THEIR STARTING WAGES ARE GREAT.
Teller
Sales (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2015
Not a bad place to work.

Pay could be a lot better but overall it's a great environment to be around coworkers and members who enjoy seeing you everyday.
Teller
Sales (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2015
Not a bad place to work.

Nice prouctive work place
Employment Records Clerk II (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits, and wonderful people to work with
Cons: low pay
Teachers Credit Union is a great company to work for. A typical day at work would be answer phone calls, completing daily work, which be filing and updating title information to the computer system, completing payoff request from insurance and car dealers. I learn how a lot about titles and how they are important to the institution when dealing with a car loan. My coworker were helpful and always tried to work as a team at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was answer the phone and helping customers with questions about their cars and loans.
Fun, Family Oriented Environment
Teller (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: no advancement
Great place to work. You learn tons of new things on a regular basis. Management cares about their staff. Feels like family. Members are awesome!!! Everyone seems to like working there.
Great First Job
Teller (Former Employee), Elkhart, INOctober 2, 2014
Good group of ppl amazing family owned business and good customer base
relationship rep
Relationship Representative (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Okay job but kinda boring and management doesn't tell the employees anything
Great team of people
Member Service Officer (Former Employee), Crawfordsville, INAugust 20, 2014
Great place to work starting in 2001. Lots of new people to meet and growing for 12 years with my members trust in me was wonderful. Coworkers were great. High turn around in the Teller area throughout many years I was there, and really would have liked several of them to stay and start a career, Hardest part of my job was turning down loans and seeing the disappointment on my members faces. The most enjoyable part was working with those same members and helping them rebuild their credit and eventually approving them for a loan. Hard work pays off.
Best Place to Work - $
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 15, 2014
Typical day is structured and busy. Everyone is a joy to work with! The only con to this company is the pay.
Productive and great place to be.
Teller (Former Employee), Plymouth, INJuly 6, 2014
Loved working with the public everyday. Meeting new people always was an interesting task. Management always at the front greeting every customer. Always treated employees as equals and never let us down!
Great location in town
Member Services (Former Employee), Crawfordsville, INJune 2, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: a lot of turnover
Very busy and always changing, required to work a lot of Saturdays, workload can be overwhelming at times.
Post Grad opportunity but not career
Sales Representative (Current Employee), South Bend, Elkhart-IN; Niles, MIMay 4, 2014
Pros: great teams, opportunity to educate the community
Cons: management, lack of growth, hard to grow in the community
When I started in the company, I enjoyed the autonomy and ability to assist in the progression of my department and the company. TCU was a great place to start my career path as it has a significant impact on the community. However, as I have grown in knowledge and skills while obtaining an MBA, I do not feel that the company is where I can continue my career.
Teachers Credit Union
Branch Manager (Current Employee), south bend, inSeptember 29, 2013
A great place to work. Diversity is important to the company and we are constantly growing.
Going down hill!
Teller (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2013
TCU was a great place to work several years ago, unfortunately it has taken many turns in the wrong direction. They staff the branches with little to no people in them - which is bad for members as well as emergency situations if people "call in". Everyone has been sitting on "pins and needles" because of people getting fired left and right with little to no explanation.

While incentive plans have become harder to obtain, and lesser dollar amounts - the credit union stressed the importance of saving money. Great idea, if it wasn't during the exact time the new president and CEO was having his office completely remodeled at the company's expense.
One of the Best
Teller Professional (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2013
I have nothing but love for Teachers Credit Union. I worked here for about a year and had a fantastic time doing so. The hours were great and the benefits were plenty and just as fantastic. Teachers Credit Union really takes care of its people and I am glad to have been such a wonderful team.

I really have to give credit to one of my supervisors for shaping the foundations of my work ethic. Tanorria is an wonderful human being and an amazing supervisor. All I know about the banking system was taught to me by Tanorria. I soaked up as such as I can and used it. I became a well organized employee, offered excellent customer service, which was one of the reasons I was hired in the first place, and caught on quickly to the workings of the organization. I was Teller of the Month several times during my year there and I am very proud of those titles.

I can honestly say Teachers Credit Union is one of those jobs that you have that's almost a dream since it all was such a good experience. If the future had a different path I might still be there but school was calling and the only reason I left was to finish my degree.
Fun workplace
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 28, 2013
Engaging with the customers who always would come back and ask for me. I learned what the members needs were in getting to know them on a personal basis as well as business. The co-workers were like family. It was like being at home. I enjoyed the job. The hardest part was the cost of the health insurance. I learned so much working with Teachers Credit Union, I regret leaving and accepting another job opportunity that did not work out after 15 1/2 years