Team Detroit Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Fun atmosphere, excellent opportunities for growth.
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 21, 2016
As an Account Supervisor I worked daily with my creative and media teams to develop sound and smart marketing strategies for my clients.
Pros
Team atmosphere, smart professional people to work with.
Cons
none, great place, great people
Great Culture
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 5, 2016
I loved the culture that Team Detroit had to offer. It was fun to go into work and collaborate with co-workers! The location is nice and parking is easy!
Wonderful workplace and people
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 30, 2016
Shadowed with members of the different departments of the advertising agency, Gained a greater understanding for the advertising and marketing fields, as well as the greater business world. Developed the knowledge of how to operate in a business environment
TDI: A great workplace to start
Junior Digital Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 4, 2016
I've had the pleasure of working at Team Detroit for seven months. I would like to expand my horizons a bit more and do something I feel is a better fit.

I have gained experience managing multiple projects and teams at the same time.
Everyone I work with is really, really great.
Fantastic place to work. Good mix of teamwork and team building. Challenging work and very rewarding.
Senior Vice President, Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job at Team Detroit was the space that my direct supervisor gave me to do the job. Hand in hand with the autonomy was also the accountability for achieving the desired results. This mix of personal accountability and autonomy cascaded throughout my team.
Creative Design team was a pleasure to work with.
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 1, 2016
Team Detroit was a creative and inviting team that I had a pleasure of doing collaborations with. Though I was an intern I always felt as if I was part of the design team in The Park.
fast paced work environment
Project Manager (Short-term Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2016
proper training in not there and people are just always to busy to give the proper direction for someone.

They expect you to watch a few training videos and expect that you get it all.
Pros
summer Fridays
Manager (Former Employee) –  DearbornDecember 4, 2015
While the work/life balance is nice and the culture is unique in a good way, the management team often seems more concerned with agency politics than their clients or employees. This is unfortunate, because otherwise Team Detroit is an exciting place to work.
Marketing and Advertising is a creative, fast paced, team evironment with many benefits and encourages work/life balance
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 18, 2015
Creative and fun with many benefits, including encouragement for a work/life balance. Many training opportunities available through online classes, group lectures and off-site training sessions. There is a considerable amount of red tape and politics, which does not differ from any large company.
Pros
Training, professionally friendly environment, work/life balance, recognition program, and opportunities to grow.
Cons
Red tape and politics
Overall a good place to work
Senior Communications Planner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
Relaxed atmosphere. Good work/Life balence. Management is connected. Nice offices. Some overtime but that is expected in a large company.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
No annual increases

Want to know more about Team Detroit?

Ask a question
Creative Challenges without Clear Direction
Digital Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 15, 2015
While the team I was placed with was shown to be helpful and patient, and while the environment itself was fast-paced and inspirational in visual decor, my supervisors were sadly stretched too thin to provide the direction and/or feedback which would have helped me to grow as a digital designer.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Lack of diection
Good company to work for
Supervisor CRM Analytics (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2014
Team Detroit is a very laid back full service agency. Interesting work with an excellent client. No real clear career path and little direction as to where opportunities exist.
Good Work Life Balance
Jr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 8, 2014
Work with some great and talented people. Work-life-balance it good with lots of time off during the holidays. It's a nice atmosphere, with ping-pong tables and visiting bands. The hardest part of the job as an entry level employee is the feeling of not being compensated fairly for the work your doing. Still, I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is the people and knowing that the experience I'm gaining is invaluable.
An Exciting Place to Work!
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 11, 2014
Team Detroit was one of the best experiences in my career. Had a downfall in the Automotive Industry not occurred I would have continued there indefinitely. There was career planning and mentors that worked with you. Starting in the Production and completing in the Account arena were great moves that showed me a broad view of Advertising.
Good place to start
Sr. Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 16, 2014
I like the way they are set up organizationally in terms of account and analytics. The HR and facilities process was not great.
Productive and fun workplace
Associate Planning Director (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 13, 2014
There's always something new going on at Team Detroit and the clients we work for are amazing.
Great Place -- Just Ask Them!
Content Factory (Former Employee) –  DearboringMay 2, 2014
The so-called grunts are a great group of people to work with and around but the best way to think of Team Detroit is as the place you will work before you get a real job.
Team Detroit leadership is basically a puppet for "the client" -- and in most cases that means Ford. They will do ANYTHING to keep "the client" happy...regardless of impact on the actual human workers. And because companies like Ford have a contract with Team Detroit, you better smile and say your "please" and "thank you" to the Ford employees because they can terminate your contract at any time for any reason, including speaking up if you ask to get paid for all of the overtime hours you will almost certainly be asked to "donate." "The client" is well aware of this, of course, which is why this system is used in the first place.
So, yes, sure, when you walk into the buildings in the parking lot of Fairlaine Mall you will likely be impressed by all of the shine...they have ALLL the amenities a company in the Aughts was required to have to win over younger folk...the real problem though is when you sit down to do your actual job and have to work for the older folk trying to stay employed until they're 65.
Pros
Close to a few good restaurants
Cons
So many...try your best to avoid working here and you will be happy
Productive and unique work place
Jr Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 10, 2014
I work in finance, and have done so, for a number of years, for various employers.
Pros
It's a great place to work
Cons
Working in finance your options are limited
Fun work environment
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2014
Fast paced deadlines keep the the typical day demanding yet exciting.
Fun place and great people.
Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 22, 2013
A great place to work. People enjoy their jobs and coming to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Team Detroit. Our community is ready to answer.

Team Detroit Reviews by Location