Team Detroit Employee Reviews

Not that bad
Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work, culture is unmatched. A lot of great people to work with and a great client. Couldn't work at a better place in the Detroit area.
Not a good career advancement
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 5, 2017
This is a good company to get your foot in the door but nothing good for long term advancements. Payment compensation is very low but they try to make up for it in summer fridays and occasional lunches.
Sometimes bands would come and play at work.
Multi-Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 9, 2017
They make it appear as a fun hip place to work. No advancement opportunities or wage increases. Work day started around 8am and ended around 5pm. My manager said he's just trying to survive 10 more years until retirement.
Depends on the team
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 21, 2017
When I started with Team Detroit I had an amazing manager and a wonderful team. She shielded us from a lot of the confusion and negativity of upper management and gave us tools to grow. Our teams were re-structured (which happened 4 times in my 2 years) and my dream job was dissolved. I was distributed to another team with a manager that subscribed to the culture of the new executives that made up GTB. It was a completely unbearable and toxic environment. I had to leave what was once a great place to work with amazing projects.
Pros
projects, clients, co-workers
Cons
management culture
Management top heavy company. No room for advancement. Pay and benefits not to bad.
Senior Marketing Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 27, 2017
Not a bad company to work for but very political in how they look at you. They love diversity so if your a minority you have a good shot at employment. No room for advancement once you are hired but they do have a good benefits package.
Communications
Senior Communications Planner (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 5, 2017
Advertising agency, that has a nice campus facility. Does require more than a 8 hour work day typically to perform duties, The workplace culture is fun and upbeat.
Pros
good cafe
Cons
high turnover
If you like to site behind a computer all day, this is the job for you
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 8, 2017
I worked here for 6 months, they basically just had me do hours and hours of busy work because they we so far behind on reporting out from the previous years performance. I did get some good exposure to the ford brand and the direct mail campaigns we managed for them.
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere, excellent opportunities for growth.
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 21, 2016
As an Account Supervisor I worked daily with my creative and media teams to develop sound and smart marketing strategies for my clients.
Pros
Team atmosphere, smart professional people to work with.
Cons
none, great place, great people
Great Culture
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 5, 2016
I loved the culture that Team Detroit had to offer. It was fun to go into work and collaborate with co-workers! The location is nice and parking is easy!
Wonderful workplace and people
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 30, 2016
Shadowed with members of the different departments of the advertising agency, Gained a greater understanding for the advertising and marketing fields, as well as the greater business world. Developed the knowledge of how to operate in a business environment
Great people however lack of mentoring
Account Supervisor- Ford Service National (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 16, 2016
I enjoyed the culture and team I worked with, however the abundance of process leads to inefficiencies and bottlenecks in workflow. There needs to more flexibility in process when proposing a rational recommendation to keep projects on task.
TDI: A great workplace to start
Junior Digital Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 4, 2016
I've had the pleasure of working at Team Detroit for seven months. I would like to expand my horizons a bit more and do something I feel is a better fit.

I have gained experience managing multiple projects and teams at the same time.
Everyone I work with is really, really great.
Fantastic place to work. Good mix of teamwork and team building. Challenging work and very rewarding.
Senior Vice President, Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job at Team Detroit was the space that my direct supervisor gave me to do the job. Hand in hand with the autonomy was also the accountability for achieving the desired results. This mix of personal accountability and autonomy cascaded throughout my team.
Creative Design team was a pleasure to work with.
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 1, 2016
Team Detroit was a creative and inviting team that I had a pleasure of doing collaborations with. Though I was an intern I always felt as if I was part of the design team in The Park.
fast paced work environment
Project Manager (Short-term Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2016
proper training in not there and people are just always to busy to give the proper direction for someone.

They expect you to watch a few training videos and expect that you get it all.
Pros
summer Fridays
Manager (Former Employee) –  DearbornDecember 4, 2015
While the work/life balance is nice and the culture is unique in a good way, the management team often seems more concerned with agency politics than their clients or employees. This is unfortunate, because otherwise Team Detroit is an exciting place to work.
Marketing and Advertising is a creative, fast paced, team evironment with many benefits and encourages work/life balance
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 18, 2015
Creative and fun with many benefits, including encouragement for a work/life balance. Many training opportunities available through online classes, group lectures and off-site training sessions. There is a considerable amount of red tape and politics, which does not differ from any large company.
Pros
Training, professionally friendly environment, work/life balance, recognition program, and opportunities to grow.
Cons
Red tape and politics
Overall a good place to work
Senior Communications Planner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
Relaxed atmosphere. Good work/Life balence. Management is connected. Nice offices. Some overtime but that is expected in a large company.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
No annual increases
Creative Challenges without Clear Direction
Digital Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 15, 2015
While the team I was placed with was shown to be helpful and patient, and while the environment itself was fast-paced and inspirational in visual decor, my supervisors were sadly stretched too thin to provide the direction and/or feedback which would have helped me to grow as a digital designer.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Lack of diection
Good company to work for
Supervisor CRM Analytics (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2014
Team Detroit is a very laid back full service agency. Interesting work with an excellent client. No real clear career path and little direction as to where opportunities exist.