Team Fishel Employee Reviews

Productive, lot's of overtime, and plenty of room for advancement.
Laborer/Underground Lineman (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 8, 2017
Job starts at 7 and can end at any time depending on the job,
The people are friendly and will show you stuff if you ask,
hardest part is getting things done on time.
Good people
Gas Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2017
they are very good people and caring about team mates . I highly recommend this company to anyone who is wanting to get a start into the gas business. good training lots of benefits. lots of hours good pay . truly do not have any negative to say about team fishel.
Pros
everything
Cons
no breaks
You're on your own
Cabling Technician (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work if you don't mind being thrown to the wolves without any training in "The Fishel Way" and believe me, they have a very different way of doing things than what you would be used to. You won't get any training from management or the lead field techs. They just expect you to be able read their minds and God forbid you should make a mistake. Office management is a happy group but techs are generally despondent about the crazy long hours, amount of work expected to get done and it shows in their attitudes. Cliques are alive and well at this place and new hires are not made to even feel welcome. Management paints a rosey picture at the interview but on the job site it is a whole different world.
Very poor management in so. West div.
Field Mechanic/WELDER (Former Employee) –  ALL THREE DIV. [EAST, CENTRAL, AND WEST]August 28, 2017
Poor managment managers out for themselves period dont stand behind employees. Anything to make themselves look good on paper
Horrible management at Louisville office
Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2017
Managers make promises they can not keep. Ignore/laugh/mock employees. I would recommend trying anywhere else before Team Fishel in Louisville. Completely disrespectful!
Pros
Hours available to work
Cons
Pay, management, and benefits.
Not a very good paying company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2017
Never got your raises worked your butt off with nothing to look forward to. Hired random people who didnt know how to do anthing and arent willing to learn
good
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 16, 2017
Team fishel good company good people hard work but good benefits putting crossings in new subdivisions use of basic hand tools use to hot weather conditions
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85705August 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Team Fishel. It was hard work, but I didn't mind. I worked as a contractor for the local gas company, on the metal side. So essentially I was a pipeliner, and it was great work. A typical day at work consisted of planning with my foreman, working together with the crew to get the job done. Whether it was lifting and carrying sandbags to helping the welder, to coordinating with everyone to lower pipe into the ground, we worked safely and efficiently.

The management held regular safety meetings, and seemed knowledgeable in the goingons of the company. They shared with the employees our production numbers and what we needed to do to do better.

The hardest part of the job for me was probably working in the hot Arizona sun, as I wasn't used to it. However I enjoyed working with my crew and it was satisfying work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Usually worked through lunch, long hot days
Good place to work benefits could be better, pay could be better
Foreman/Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2017
Hard work, long hours at times. They expect a whole lot for little compensation . They are all about the units you produce and take advantage of the time you spend on the clock and off.
Pros
Freedom to work as long as you produce
Cons
Take advantage of employees somewhat
Avoid this place on all cost it is not
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioJune 29, 2017
The only benefit to this place would be learning Construction learning concrete and Blacktop other than that the pay is garbage for what you're actually doing and then management is a nightmare
Bait and Switch Company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 16, 2017
When you interview with this company it seems like the best place to work. I was so excited to work for this company. They seemed so positive and it seemed like it was going to be consistent secure company which is what I was hoping for. That quickly changes. The benefits they offer don't even start for a year and nothing is ever as you expected during your interview process. This company is very stressful all of the time. They always boast about profit sharing but I never saw any at all. All of your benefits are a year away from ever kicking in and they are not good benefits at all. I don't know much about the management in Northern Virginia or Maryland, but the long term employees all say because this incompetent manager uses all the profit sharing money on some secret contracted project with Amazon so you don't get profit sharing they claim to offer. They still all brag about this one big bonus they got like 3 years ago but I never saw it. You are always one car accident away or mistake from being unemployed. They will have you traveling a lot and people always talk about each other behind their backs. They also have a lot of rah rah meetings that seem so great but management seems to be really bad at budgeting and seems to put the stress on employees when the do not budget correctly.
Pros
Company been around a long time
Cons
Hard work, not good benefits, no security, stressful
Hard Work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 13, 2017
Very Safety Control Environment.
You do whatever they tell you to do. I was hired as
Heavy Equipment Operator and I have been doing labor work.
Pay doesn't match the hard labor that you do.
Pros
Extra days off for Holidays
Cons
I was hired Heavy Equipment Operator and I have only been doing Labor work.
Good workplace and organized.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 19, 2017
Team Fishel helps teach within the company and they preach safety. Good people to work with and their managers are experienced. Steady work and they have pretty good benefits as well.
Pros
Raises/Promotions
Cons
Short breaks
Unpleasant
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
Business Development and educational achievement are not highly regarded at Fishel. The culture is full of nepotism and "good ole boys". Not a welcoming organization to outsiders
bad work environment and management
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
Management would rather you risk your safety and do things the wrong way with the improper equipment to get a job done sooner than safer. Management would also delay yearly mandatory raises to almost every two years. "Company policy" is more of a suggestion than anything.
Pros
Freedom to do as you please
Cons
terrible structure
Productive workplace
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Awesome staff. Room to advance. Fair benefits. Many hours available. Lots of work available.
Team Fishel is a good company
Journeyman lineman (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 25, 2017
But team power is a joke never have the right stuff. For the job and the head manager doesn't have a clue what's going on can't believe team fishel haven't shut them down yet. Cause they never finish a job on time and all the good workers there they run off fire or laid off. It was a joke
Arizona-Aerial Crew Laborer (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 9, 2017
Other than it being subject to weather this is a good job. The pay is good. The coworkers are easy to get along with. The company believes in training from within.
plenty of work
Fleet- -Lead Diesel /Mobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 15, 2016
Good people, fun place to work for, fast pace, I like the profit sharing and 401K, I got to travel to northern Ca. every once in a while.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
To much rushing to get things
Good people
Foreman/Crew leader (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2016
Good group of people to work with. Smaller group compared to other Team Fishel divisions. Which wasn't bad but unfortunately there is not much job security.