TEAM Industries Employee Reviews in United States

just do your job. be the best operator you can be, and these people take care of you. lunch....big lunch once a month..Christmas.Bonuses. Great compan
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Andrews, NCJanuary 31, 2016
Loved that job. I crashed a motorcycle and missed work and they let me go. great company. Good people. I just didnt get back to work fast enough. I have no ill will against them. if things dont lead me elsewher...i will re-apply
Pros
just awesome staff and management
Cons
through a temp agency, i was there just over the 90 days and crashed and broke ribs and they let me go
great
UT inspector (Former Employee) –  Norco, LAJanuary 27, 2016
great company to work for. The hours were great the pay was great. wish i couldve been with the company long term unfortunetly i was laid off.
Pros
great pay and great hours
learning
helper/laborer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 23, 2015
learned alot and seen alot of wasted time and use of personnel but was a good company but had bad managment on last job as for as getting work for workers who set around looking for things to do to poor planning but got cross trained while they waited so was fun to me
Pros
got couple free lunches
Cons
not enough work to go around
Company has no incentives
Painter (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna WiJuly 14, 2015
Team industries is a horrible place to work if you are in the paint department working on second shift. The supervisor has no respect for anyone, calling people names and causing a very hostile work environment. There is no raise in pay unless supervisor sees fit. Even if its your yearly review and you worked hard all year and never missed days. If you want to work for a poorly managed company that treats there employees like trash than this is the job for you.
Pros
no pros
Cons
2nd shift supervisor is ignorant
Good company to work for
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNApril 6, 2015
Here I was the night shift superintendent. I was in charge of coordinating 6 departments, and overseeing around 60 people.
it was a fast paced environment in a highly productive and precise shop.
A typical night I coordinated workflow to the machines, set ups, trouble shooting lathes and mills, repair of down machinery, inspection department, and shipping and receiving.
Pros
could work a lot of ot
Cons
was a very stressful shop to work in at times
Exciting growing team
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andrews, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Walk in and hit the ground running. Troubleshooting problems, making improvements, looking into any quality issues. Followed by development of new processes and parts to be turned over to production after satisfactory runoff. Learned to communicate processes to the people in production and implement quality standards to achieve minimal scrap and or returns. Great group to work with and for. The hardest part of the job was anticipating the many ways a process can fall short of being bullet proof. The most enjoyable was making it that way.
Pros
we were a team moving forward.
Cons
some attitudes from previous owners of company were hard to change
Strives to provide a work/life balance for employees
Engineering Coordinator/Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Audubon, MNJanuary 15, 2015
Everyday at Team brought to challenges within the Engineering Department. I don't think I had a week go by that I didn't learn something from one of the Engineers, Customers or Management.

Management strives to stay on top of customer orders to ensure orders are completed in a timely manner. Production Manager personally holds daily meetings with all Supervisors and reviews a two week moving cycle of orders/challenges by part.

I think the hardest part of the job is to ensure that shop employees understand the importance of on time delivery. Because TEAM provides bonuses based on delivery performance and profit along with monthly meetings with all employees to discuss these issues employees feel part of the process.

I like challenges so I enjoyed working at TEAM
Pros
yearly bonuses based on performance, on time reviews, being part of a team.
Cons
ability to hire qualified employees due to location
Good place to work all together.
Machinist Operator (Current Employee) –  Andrews, NCNovember 18, 2014
Has its ups and downs like anything else, learn so much from this job.
Consultant to Divisional Manager
consultant/ Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids. Mi.September 16, 2014
I came in and made sure I said "Good Morning to my staff". Checked on any issues that may be pending and if my input was required we addressed.
Dealt with any operational issues that may be required.
Contacted key accounts for personal contact. to review delivery activities, retain and follow up on pending issues and potential forth coming orders.
Met daily with company president to just update and communicate.
Learned an entire new industry, a new product and new customer base. Always enjoy new challenges and learning new industries. This was a very good opportunity. I was initially hired as a consultant, and the Board of Directors asked if I would consider becoming a full time employee as a manager. I considered my options and joined the Team's team that day.
Worked well with a younger work force and enjoyed their enthusiasm and as I have for my entire career I mentored the staff on our business and other areas they may wish to address.
The hardest part of the job was that the product was not the "best", but w e could overcome this issue with our accounts, but new business development was challenging.
I enjoyed the people, the culture and learning a new industry and product and acheiving many of the goals established in my initial plan for the division.
Pros
nice committed people!
Cons
industry was challenged and we were selling a commodity!
doing the same thing over and over for a 12 hr shift
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bagley, MNJuly 14, 2014
as an operator there is not much of a chance on claiming the ladder
Get used to 80 hrs a week
Weekend day machining (Former Employee) –  Bagley MNApril 21, 2014
This company is a great boost for the bagley economy, they contribute to the towns development with donations to the high-school and liquor store. Working for the company is a different story though, if your on any shift except days you will be constantly judged and even harassed by "the good old boys" on day crew; the name given to untrained "professionals" that are given supreme power over you.(get used to it theres alot of them) aside from that the pay is nice, the 40+ hours of overtime a week adds up nicely, but dont try and take a day off in the busy season or you'll be out the door faster than you can say flu. the management is terrible, there always conflicting with what the other ones say, and 90% of them are related so dont ever hope to be there some day.

p.s. be careful not to get in anyones way, cuz it'll be unemployment for you.
Pros
pay(less than average but better than the area) coworkers
Cons
management, safety, cleanliness, bruce!!!
Great Place to work if you don't have any bills
Machine Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bagley, MNApril 21, 2014
I to enjoy going to work every day. Pay rate hasn't changed since the 1970's
Pros
excellent crew
Cons
pay!
COMBINATION WELDER (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoy working at Team industries. The work is steady and I feel competent in my work. The supervisors are always pleased with my work which makes me want to work harder.
Pros
fair wages
Cons
only work weekends
Productive good work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJanuary 10, 2014
Start with shift meeting and head out to the floor to designated machine. Relieve previous shift from position, gather information of quality runs and machine issues if any. Communication amongst fellow employees is great and helpful along with documentations of quality product or mishaps on parts or machine breakdowns. What I learned is minor maitnance and precision of operation for better quality and longer runs on the diecast machine. Management is very questionable with ethics. Co workers were great employees excellent communication and reliable. Hardest part of the job was cleaning diecast pit at the end of week, when its hot while pulling and shoveling bad parts that fell and getting burnt Most enjoyable part of the job was relaxing assembly type of environment friendly co workers and enjoyed the work itself. Checking computer for diagnostics and levels of metal being used poured into diecast to forge.
Pros
great work environment and co-workers
Cons
lack of communication with management
Productive and fun workplace.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Audubon, MNAugust 20, 2013
I work weekend shift from 6 am to 6pm with a ten minute break at 9AM and 3 PM. For lunch i receive a twenty minute paid lunch. While working you are mainly left alone if you so wish, if you would run into an issue the supervisor is there quickly. The people at TEAM are easy to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
little room for advancement
fast paced
Machining (Former Employee) –  Bagley, MNOctober 11, 2012
average place to work it is a job if you like a challenge but it is very hard to keep the job when lay- off time comes
Cons
they hire and fire fast
accounts payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJune 25, 2012
i did most of the account payables. my bosses were nice and i had very nice co-workers