Quality Assurance Analyst(s) Needed for Growth Positions!
Why Choose TEAM?
TEAM is a dynamic and exciting place to work, and we strive to create a company culture that fosters creativity, innovation, personal growth, job satisfaction and career development. TEAM’s employee owners are invested in our company, literally, so we have high standards. We expect our fellow owners to be engaged and innovative. We hire highly-motivated people, and empower them to think independently and take initiative. Because our goal is to inspire you to build a long, rewarding career with us, our employee-ownership culture encourages loyalty, excellence and passion. Employee-ownership culture is not just a buzzword for us -- it’s a guiding principle that helps us consistently improve, grow and thrive.
TEAM is looking for a highly motivated Quality Assurance Analyst. You would be responsible for performing quality assurance (QA) functions and tests to our company products. This position will test new and modified programs or products to verify functionality is meeting set requirements and established guidelines.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability
- Develop and execute test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes
- Develop quality assurance standards and processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Document test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Create documentation for setup and function for internal departments
- Work with product designers and developers at all stages to promote quality
- Reproduce bug reports from the field and write clear steps to reproduce
- Partner with development, management, and technical staff to provide ongoing assistance and to perform root-cause analysis
- 3+ years of QA/Testing experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with emphasis on Business, Accounting or Computer Science; or associates degree with equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of QA concepts, best practices, and industry standards
- Experience developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
Indeed - 10 months ago